• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.
FuzzyNorman said:
I played about 2 hours last night. It's great, but I have a few questions.

- I am playing as an Imperial, but aren't the Imperials the bad guys who are trying to rule over everyone? Am I just a rebel?

- I feel like my one-handed is leveling faster than my magic even though I am using the lightning and fire spells more often. Maybe it's because I am finishing off the enemies with the mace instead of the magic.

-There is a sidequest that asks to kill the bandits in a little base besides Whiterun, but I can't find the leader. I've killed everyone else. Where is he?

My only issue with the game so far is that I am somewhat underwhelmed by the size of Skyrim. I have almost walked all the way to Winterhold already, which is like half of the map. Anyone else feel this way? Besides that, however, I'm loving it!

2. Magic just takes a long time to level. Go back and pick the sign that increases magic leveling by 20%. One-Handed will still increase pretty quick.

3. You have to leave the cave through another exit to find him.

4. Skyrim feels fucking huge to me...

pyros

Someone was asking earlier, when people say you look sick, most of the time you are, open magic menu and look for active effects at the bottom, when you click it, should show any sickness in red, I had rock joints

screenshot28uux8.jpg

screenshot3ue8og.jpg

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Ah, found out I had Witbane. Now I have to stop playing till this afternoon. :(

HdLHc.jpg

"Anything you need?" she asked, ay?ay?ay?ay? /drunkenwarrior

Echoplx

Bootaaay said:
Is that the dude that
makes copies of himself, shoots you with arrows and shouts your equipped weapon out of your hands?
. If so, I had to resort to hiding behind a pillar on the platform near the centre of the room and shooting him with arrows repeatedly. Knocked my bow out of my hands about 20 times though, and each time you have to pick it back up and go back into the item menu to re-equip it, even if it's marked as a favourite. Fuck that guy.

He's after that guy, and he's even harder..

Blablurn

cyberheater said:
Take you're time. Talk to all the characters. Read notes and books. Take on quests. Concentrate on a developing just a few skills to levelling them up as soon as possible.

Practise sneak and lock picking skills.

Keep away from a big creatures until you're pretty powerful. Trolls etc... will kill you with one blow.

Have fun.
Thank you :)

web01

FuzzyNorman said:
I played about 2 hours last night. It's great, but I have a few questions.

- I am playing as an Imperial, but aren't the Imperials the bad guys who are trying to rule over everyone? Am I just a rebel?

- I feel like my one-handed is leveling faster than my magic even though I am using the lightning and fire spells more often. Maybe it's because I am finishing off the enemies with the mace instead of the magic.

-There is a sidequest that asks to kill the bandits in a little base besides Whiterun, but I can't find the leader. I've killed everyone else. Where is he?

My only issue with the game so far is that I am somewhat underwhelmed by the size of Skyrim. I have almost walked all the way to Winterhold already, which is like half of the map. Anyone else feel this way? Besides that, however, I'm loving it!

Yeah Oblivion felt a ton larger than Skyrim. Felt like I explored less tha 30% of the map in Oblvion.
Skyrim is still huge but a large amount of area I have seen is not possible to traverse.

Ghost23

The Xtortionist said:
2. Magic just takes a long time to level. Go back and pick the sign that increases magic leveling by 20%. One-Handed will still increase pretty quick.

What to do you mean by sign?

Ghost23

Banzaiaap said:
You've probably passed a circle of three stones on your way to Riverwood, the first town you go to at the start of the game.

Oh yea, I remember I chose the mage stone. Maybe I'm just confused with the fast one-handed leveling. Does the experience only count if you use that weapon to finish off an enemy, or is it how much damage you did the the spell/weapon?

Wanace

Ugh, I've been playing all day long and now I'm stuck on a College of Winterhold quest.

There's one where you have to align a device with your spells, I can't figure it out for the life of me. Maybe I'm just too tired, anyone done this and know an easy way to explain it?

Skyrim has hooked me in a way no game in recent memory has. Can't stop thinking about it or playing it.

Anyone know if you can buy lockpicks somewhere? I went through almost 40 trying to open one stupid lock. Oops.

Cryptozoologist said:
Ugh, I've been playing all day long and now I'm stuck on a College of Winterhold quest.

There's one where you have to align a device with your spells, I can't figure it out for the life of me. Maybe I'm just too tired, anyone done this and know an easy way to explain it?

The guy tells you to shoot the crystal, but you actually need to shoot the focussing mirrors too - once you've hit the right ones, the light beams should line up with the panels on the wall.

bengraven

Sucks that this thread is going so fast. I loved reading all the posts in the Oblivion thread as it grew bigger and bigger, but it's impossible now. Hell, in the time it would take to catch up with this thread, I could have walked to my next destination in the actual game.

Dice said:
Ah, found out I had Witbane. Now I have to stop playing till this afternoon. :(

HdLHc.jpg

"Anything you need?" she asked, ay?ay?ay?ay? /drunkenwarrior

ha, I've been trying my mack on her, even doing her family's quest (though the dungeon they want to send me to is on the opposite side of the map and I've only been in the Helgen/Riverwood/Whiterun area, so that's going to take a while. She will be mine.

Quick questions :

I found a woorden mask in the Labyrinth, equiped it, and it travelled me back in time to a statue with many busts that need an object to be activated... is it normal ?

And:

Besides the labyinth there the Lost Valkygg. Went in there, killed anyone, including two drumer lords... but no completion sign on the map ... why ?

zlatko

Banned
maniac-kun said:
I did the Mages Guild quest where you have to get 3 Books. The Necromancers that you encounter have them.

Oh I see. Where exactly is the
Mages Guild
located?

Sorry for all the questions, but I really want those robes. ;)

Doctor_20

Banned
Is anyone else playing 2h heavy armor? So far I've come across plenty of 1h and staves and light armor but nothing to suit my playstyle.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Is there a certain type of dungeon that has words? A certain icon on the map to look for or something?

owlbeak

Why can NPCs wear clothes under armor but we can't? I wanna wear pants! A shame that they combined cuirasses and greaves into one armor slot, but if it means allowing more NPCs, I guess it was a good choice. I just wish more armor had actual sleeves and pants.

Skirn

Master difficulty... god damn, didn't expect to get my ass whooped this often. Facing three opponents at the same time usually spells death for me.

Does anyone know if all the Perks in Blocking work for two-handed weapons as well? I have Shield Wall at 2/5 but it's hard to tell if it's actually working while blocking with my great-sword.

So I don't know if the quest "In My Time Of Need" works.

Description:
"a group of men calling themselves the Alik'r are looking for a Redguard woman in Whiterun."

Objectives:
"Find the Redguard woman."

What I think I have to do:
Find Arcadia in Arcadia's Couldron. She is a Redguard woman. But nothing happens when I speak to her.

I encountered a really weird glitch last night. I walked up to Mammoth Rock with Lydia and I shot at the giant with arrows and she did the same. Well, she ran up to one and it hit her into the air and she flew like a ragdoll. I run into the cave where the giants live; I look behind me and I see dead Lydia still following me. She was laying on her stomach, face down, and she would slide to wherever I was and I could still talk to her. It was hilarious.

Plasma

Banned
So I played this all day yesterday and didn't get through any more of the main quests, there is so much to do.

Also does anyone else find that giants are harder to kill than dragons?

Wanace

Bootaaay said:
The guy tells you to shoot the crystal, but you actually need to shoot the focussing mirrors too - once you've hit the right ones, the light beams should line up with the panels on the wall.

I have no idea what I'm doing. I pressed those buttons so many times, and no matter what I hit with fire or ice it seems there are only 2 positions the beams go to, which NEVER line up with the things that the buttons control. What am I doing wrong?

Cryptozoologist said:
I have no idea what I'm doing. I pressed those buttons so many times, and no matter what I hit with fire or ice it seems there are only 2 positions the beams go to, which NEVER line up with the things that the buttons control. What am I doing wrong?

I was doing the same thing, go and stand directly underneath the mirrors and shoot the bottom-most one with either fire or ice (can't remember which) and the beams should move into a 3rd position.

blahblah...blah said:
Add me to the long list of people who inexplicably can't find where the 7000 steps begin. I'm sure it's SO obvious, but it's eluding me for some reason. Help!

The town you have to go to (Ivarsted) is pretty much the exact opposite side of the mountain from Riverwood and there are roads that follow around the base of the mountain to the north and south. It really shouldn't be this hard to find for so many people, but I guess people try and and go over the mountain rather than around :p

ashbash159 said:
So I don't know if the quest "In My Time Of Need" works.

Description:
"a group of men calling themselves the Alik'r are looking for a Redguard woman in Whiterun."

Objectives:
"Find the Redguard woman."

What I think I have to do:
Find Arcadia in Arcadia's Couldron. She is a Redguard woman. But nothing happens when I speak to her.

Try the helper in the inn...

Bootaaay said:
The town you have to go to (Ivarsted) is pretty much the exact opposite side of the mountain from Riverwood and there are roads that follow around the base of the mountain to the north and south. It really shouldn't be this hard to find for so many people, but I guess people try and and go over the mountain rather than around :p

Indeed, I was trying to approach from Whiterun / Riverwood, didn't realise I had to be on the other side of the mountain. Thanks!

Aesius

I love my character. I'm completely ignoring magic (will go all Destruction+Restoration on my next playthrough) and going Light Armor/One-handed/Archery/Sneak. The zoom perk is amazing for archery -- I can pick fools off from hella far away, and then once they figure out where I am, I can slaughter them in one on one combat.

Also, I REALLLLLY regret putting any perks into lockpicking. Cracking even a Master lock is possible provided you've got about 15 lockpicks to spare. It's a pretty worthless skill IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom