• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

ihasaflavour

Neo Member
arts&crafts said:
I haven't played yet as I am away until monday, but how is smithing? Can you craft good items or are you better off putting your perks elsewhere and finding items?

I'm Level 6 right now. All I've been able to do is basically give the "said" weapon a +1 bonus by making is "fine" with Steel ingot's I believe.

That said, there is rare metals the guy was saying. No idea how that will affect the weapon. Would make sense to get some killer stuff by leveling it up.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
As soon as I set foot in Skyrim, I ran down the mountain and saw this Mage fighting a bandit, and he made short work of him. I talked to him a bit and buried deep in the conversation was an option to pay him 25 gold for a favor. So I did, which ended up being a song he sang to me...an old song that foretold of a dragon slayer. Then he walked away.

I already love this game.

OG Kush

So easy to get lost in this game. hours just doing random shit. i love it. Still in that first town near the river in the beginning of the game! got like 10 quests just from this 1 small places. Amazing.

Zhaanie

Banned
So hard to put this damn game down, even for an hour. :lol

Btw, how do I cure vampirism? I'm in Windhelm atm, are there any nearby places where I can get rid of it?

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
It's funny, I joined the companions because it seemed like they were just some ruffians who kept the peace and turns out t
hey're fucking blood thirsty werewolfs too, lololololo

Speaking of which, since I'm a
werewolf
can I not be a vampire now? Because that'd be cool.

MrBig

Orgun said:
I was messing about with the FOV settings and recorded it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EODysHDpaEc
I've been playing at 90 and it feels much better, but the FP animation certainly weren't made with it in mind.
Zhaanie said:
So hard to put this damn game down, even for an hour. :lol

Btw, how do I cure vampirism? I'm in Windhelm atm, are there any nearby places where I can get rid of it?
Are you still at the first stage of the disease? If so just pray at the town's temple. If not I have no idea.

Zeliard

Falkreath spoilers/question:

So I've been
cursed with the Werewolf ring for most of my playthrough so far but I haven't changed. The ring mentions you turn to werewolf "randomly" but that still pretty much means only at night during a full moon, right?
Is it possible to control it to any degree?

It's also so damn hard to complete quests, haha. Every time I mark a quest to go do I get distracted by 20 other things along the way. Steam says I've played for 8 hours and the only quest I've done outside of the intro stuff was a tiny one having to do with stealing a letter. Oh yeah and talking to Alvor in Riverwood.

Derrick01

Banned
SpeedingUptoStop said:
It's funny, I joined the companions because it seemed like they were just some ruffians who kept the peace and turns out t
hey're fucking blood thirsty werewolfs too, lololololo

Speaking of which, since I'm a
werewolf
can I not be a vampire now? Because that'd be cool.

You're not yet so sure I guess. I don't even know if you
can be a werewolf, I haven't got far enough in the guild yet

FGMPR said:
I finally... finally took down a mammoth so I could finish that mini-quest.

For a mammoth tusk? I found one in one of the houses in Whiterun and stole it, the person who wanted one took it even though it was stolen lol

Aesius

Derrick01 said:
For a mammoth tusk? I found one in one of the houses in Whiterun and stole it, the person who wanted one took it even though it was stolen lol

WTF. Dammit, I found one in a dungeon and sold it. I knew I shoulda kept that bastard.

Lakitu

st5fu
FGMPR said:
I finally... finally took down a mammoth so I could finish that mini-quest.

With the help of a dragon :)

Are you talking about the mini-quest to
get a Mammoth Tusk for that woman you meet in Whiterun? Because I bought one in Whiterun for 500 gold. Much easier!

I've been spending most of the day in Whiterun, I took down
the first Dragon with the help of some guards
. The quests are coming through very fast, I'm overwhelmed with them but I love it. I just want that house so I can store my shit. I also just joined up with the Companions so that should be useful. I also had
a couple of Tavern Brawls.
I love this game.

bengraven

Derrick01 said:

Same. lol I tried killing a mammoth that was wandering the tundra. Three times I died, even though I was keeping it at a distance most of the time and I had a companion rocking a serious enchanted sword.

Two hits and I was dead.

So I jacked the tusk from Jorvaskar (or however you spell it) above the head guy's dresser.

I thought the chick would be more grateful. :/

Just as a dalliance, rolled an orc 2 hander heavy armor type. Yeah. I'm so completely op now. Going from a wood elf archer to this is pretty crazy. I definitely do more damage, and I sure as shit can take a lot more damage. Farewell sn00qdog, I hardly knew ye.

Doctor_20

Banned
Derrick01 said:
You're not yet so sure I guess. I don't even know if you
can be a werewolf, I haven't got far enough in the guild yet

You do become a werewolf and it really doesn't take that long. The best part about it is sprint! Stamina barely drains and you run about as fast a horse.

MrBig

Doctor_20 said:
You do become a werewolf and it really doesn't take that long. The best part about it is sprint! Stamina barely drains and you run about as fast a horse.
Are there any negatives to being one? Haven't really pursued it.

B-Dex

arts&crafts said:
I haven't played yet as I am away until monday, but how is smithing? Can you craft good items or are you better off putting your perks elsewhere and finding items?

I got mine up to 30 and took dwarven smithing. SO GOOD. Most blacksmiths will have a few ingots of any metal you can use (probably based on skills/lvl) so I made a full set of dwarven armour and upgraded it to superior. Barley take dmg and my weapon is beastly (using 2-handers) I can still level blacksmithing grinding on cheap to make steel daggers too.

AngryMoth

I've got a bug when whenever I ask someone to come with they say I already have someone when I don't. Also my magica meter has disappeared so I seem to just be able to cast spells infinitely!

Dries

Judging from the reactions in this topic we already have our GOTY 2011. Well done, Bethesda.

So PC players, basically y'all are rolling with controllers over KB/M, right? I'm thinking about it. Could someone give me the rundown of the advantages?

Also, what is everyone's desired FOV? 90 is pretty much default, right?

BeeDog

What the fuck, as soon as I try to finish up the Companion quest in Bonechill Passage, the game crashes to the desktop without any warning messages, thus making progress in that guild impossible. :( Anyone else experiencing this or knows a workaround?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
subversus said:
voice acting is fine.
Its mediocre about half of the time. Another quarter of the time its painfully drab and stilted, and the last quarter its just downright hilarious. I was really cracking up at Whiterun's wizard

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
CozMick said:
Anyone elses PS3 reset on them while playing?

That's.... not a good sign. My launch PS3 died on me right after it started resetting for no reason while playing games. If it continues to happen you might want to back it up and prepare for the worst :(

TheExodu5

Banned
koryuken said:
Guys, is anyone really disappointed with the graphics of the game? I feel like the engine is really showing some aging. I am playing with everything maxxed out.

Other than that, I am having a blast :)

Not at all. While the textures may be a little disappointing in some places, and the shadows may be overly pixelated, the game is absolutely gorgeous. This is, as far as I'm concerned, the best looking game I've ever played.

grid9c.png

No game I can think of tops the beauty of the environments in this game.

Cutwolf

3chopl0x said:
College of winterhold quest line related

how the hell do I beat morekai? I'm lvl 17 and he just 2 shots me before i get near him and i do no damage, i refuse to stop doing this quest line now because of an OP boss in a game all about scaling around the player.

He whooped me so hard so many times. I beat him at 11. I stayed up on that ledge where the second enthralled wizard is and I cast a storm aronach down there (from a scroll) who did a ton of damage. Don't cast flame atronach's because he can turn them against you. Then I think I broke his LOS because I was able to lob fireballs at him and he didn't shoot back.

So, long story short? Buy as many conjure storm thing scrolls as you can (not sure where) and then LOS him.

Lebron

God damn Ice Troll killed my Lydia and damn near raped me if I didn't kite the hell out of it. Trick that, I'm come back to Greys later. Glad I saved before going up there.

Loxley

The_Technomancer said:
Its mediocre about half of the time. Another quarter of the time its painfully drab and stilted, and the last quarter its just downright hilarious. I was really cracking up at Whiterun's wizard

Well, there's the .02% of dialogue that belongs to Christopher Plummer, which is actually good.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Wait, what? Mammoth tusk? Where is this lady who wants a mammoth tusk? I have one in my inventory that I stole from somewhere (I think Jarl's castle, that dude had so much fucking swag lying around unattended, lol)

The_Technomancer said:

hahaha yeah he's particularly horrible

Dina

Lebron said:
God damn Ice Trolls killed my Lydia and damn near raped me if I didn't kite the hell out of it. Trick that, I'm come back to Greys later. Glad I saved before going up there.

There's a canyon where he is, but if you pass the canyon by the left side (side of the mountain basically) you can pass by him. And then quicktravel back when you're done.

Man people really hate the hell out of vampires, to bad because vamps are powerful as hell, I mean the powers they get are crazy good, especially on stage 4

Lebron

Dina said:
There's a canyon where he is, but if you pass the canyon by the left side (side of the mountain basically) you can pass by him. And then quicktravel back when you're done.
Bless you kind person, I didn't see that.

MrBig

TheExodu5 said:
Not at all. While the textures may be a little disappointing in some places, and the shadows may be overly pixelated, the game is absolutely gorgeous. This is, as far as I'm concerned, the best looking game I've ever played.

http://thejayzone.com/pics/skyrim/grid9c.png[img]

No game I can think of tops the beauty of the environments in this game.[/QUOTE]
Art direction is amazing. Kind of like Rage. The overall package is concept art in motion but you have to mind the gap.
One of the most beautiful games I have ever played, if no the most. The random highlights of bright colors from bushes help the world pop so much.

Ghost23

I think there is something wrong with my game. I am in the Golden Claw Dungeon (the first one), and I am in the room with the 3 pillars with eagles on them. It says press A to activate, but it doesn't do anything. I tried to restart the game and everything, but nothing is working...

ElyrionX

Anyone else not feeling the mage?

I started off really strongly but now I'm at level 11 with Destruction at level 35 and all available Destruction perks already picked (including the 25% damage ones). I also picked Magicka at every level so I've got 250 Magicka now.

But I'm struggling a bit with some enemies in some of my recent battles. My mana drains too fast and I'm not dealing damage quickly enough. Also, I'm not sure if it's my imagination but dual casting spells doesn't seem to be more efficient than casting them singularly.

Also, the 60 seconds timer on the defensive spells like Oakflesh and Stoneflesh are annoying. It runs out too quickly and constantly recasting them before each battle is really annoying.

12 hours in and runs like a dream so far on Ultra. Other than the shitty shadows it looks great. Writing is a lot better too but not by much, so far. Got two characters going and I really preferred Oblivion's opening a lot more.

Zhaanie

Banned
I killed two ice trolls by getting them stuck on a stair case at level 4, then I just spammed magic and arrows until they died.

Tried to fight one at close range earlier, pretty much got owned within a second.

Zeliard

Hawkian said:
This was the first thing that happened to me. The necromancers in Illnata's Keep just obliterated me.

Wonder if I can go back and take them yet...

I spotted some Necromancer out and about with a buddy of his and they were frying some fox with lightning. Once I got near them they aggro'd on me and I proceeded to take care of business. Snagged me a spiffy Necromancer robe from the guy, which adds a rather nice +75% to Magicka regen.

Also earlier I came upon a couple asshole bandits beating on a poor horse out in the wilderness. I dealt with them accordingly and then took the horse. :p One of the two bandits I killed there was also carrying a strikingly large and diverse amount of crafting material on him. Guess he'd been busy.

Sadly, like in Oblivion, horses that are considered "stolen" instead of owned eventually trot off if you leave them sitting there for too long. He didn't give me any problems with guards, though.

jaaz said:
Yes Ralof, I will follow you wherever you go my brother (particularly to that cute sister of yours). Seriously, how can anyone trust any faction with "Imperial" in the name?

As far as my Dunmer is concerned, Imperials exist only to be killed with joyous glee. Stormcloak guys all the way. Screw the Battle-Born guys too. :>

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Dries said:
Judging from the reactions in this topic we already have our GOTY 2011. Well done, Bethesda.

So PC players, basically y'all are rolling with controllers over KB/M, right? I'm thinking about it. Could someone give me the rundown of the advantages?

Also, what is everyone's desired FOV? 90 is pretty much default, right?
KB/M for me, absolutely no problems at all. And 85, but i'm not sure if it resets after a while and i just don't notice it -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom