• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to use 360 pad until they patch in a better ui for KB/M. Which is a shame because i loved playing oblivion with KB/M it was so immersive.

Firebrand

"Well, I had to take the long route around the entire town to bypass that glitched NPC, but at least now I'm inside--"
5C84E.jpg

NOPE.

Is there seriously no way to get rid of this guy? :/

subversus said:
where is viola giordano's house?

and are there markers for any secondary quests?

She's in a section west (I believe) of the Jarl's palace. Near the graveyard. It has the two clan houses, the house you can buy, and Viola's.

Has anyone worked out how to activate the Butcher quest in Windhelm? I figure there's got to be one, but can't work out how to start it...

GhaleonEB

Places like forts actually feel like real locations now. In Oblivion, a fort was just a distinctive entryway, which led to a dungeon of any size or shape with the 'fort' construction set. The one I just cleared had a bunch of different entrances - as a normal fort would - and the shape of the place inside mirrored the structure of the exterior. It made it feel like a real location, not a random dungeon.

Alright, I don't want to lose 90 minutes to go downtown and hunt for a PC copy that I may or may not find. So I decided to buy it on Steam now. Are there any drawbacks to that, other than not having a pretty, shiny box and disc?

MrBig

Ugh, don't go into "Dead Men's Respite" without starting whatever quest is associated with it. I went in there and saw a Ruby Dragon Claw like the one at Hrothgar, went through the whole dungeon, and got stuck at the end because the ghost wouldn't respond to me.

Ketch

A little help from anyone who might know:

Do the block perks work with 2 handed weapons? I really need to boost my blocking, but I'm afraid of sinking points into it if I can't use the perks. So if you have a bunch in block can you equip a 2 hander and see if all the perks with it aswell? ... Thanks.

Derrick01

Banned
So I'm walking around some mountainous area near Markarth, just took out a few enemies and all of a sudden I hear the main theme song kick in and I'm wandering why. A few seconds later the ground shakes like crazy and I got a fucking dragon behind me. I took him down with about 50 different arrows and some hiding behind a house when he ice breathed me. That was my first non story dragon kill, I didn't even know I was at the point where they're flying around.

Firebrand

Zeliard said:
You might say he's a loyal companion.

meh heh heh
A little too loyal :/ I can't visit several places because he seems to be spawning in multiple places. Oh well, I guess I'll have to leave Whiterun alone for now.

By accident, I hit someone with my bare hands in some kind of Inn in Whitesomething (the first large city). Now I got a bounty of 80 on my head, but instead of giving me the option to actually pay it, everyone in the entire city tries to kill me. What should I do?

blahblah...blah said:
Has anyone worked out how to activate the Butcher quest in Windhelm? I figure there's got to be one, but can't work out how to start it...

Yeah, the quest is activated when
you purchase the house in Windhelm, costs 12,000

Firebrand

Pizza Luigi said:
By accident, I hit someone with my bare hands in some kind of Inn in Whitesomething (the first large city). Now I got a bounty of 80 on my head, but instead of giving me the option to actually pay it, everyone in the entire city tries to kill me. What should I do?
Tried sheathing your weapon in front of a guard?

MrBig said:
Ugh, don't go into "Dead Men's Respite" without starting whatever quest is associated with it. I went in there and saw a Ruby Dragon Claw like the one at Hrothgar, went through the whole dungeon, and got stuck at the end because the ghost wouldn't respond to me.
I did it without a quest for it.

After I found the ghost sitting down I left the room and he did to. He went over to the sealed door and did some special magic stuff to unlock it.

Zeliard

Pizza Luigi said:

Wait three in-game days and hostility will clear.

I have two questions for anyone who's pretty far (level 20+?) into the game, if they'd be so kind as to answer;
1. Is it worth discovering all the six holds on your own initiative, or do you visit them soon enough in the main story? I've got a whole bunch of quest markers gathering around them and I've still only visited one of six 'capitals'. For reference, I'm at the bit
where you have to go up north and do something for the greybeards
2. What is the real estate market like? The only house I've been offered is
the one in Whiterun that costs a whopping 5000 gold
. Will there be cheaper and better options if I wait a bit?

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Firebrand said:
"Well, I had to take the long route around the entire town to bypass that glitched NPC, but at least now I'm inside--"
5C84E.jpg

NOPE.

Is there seriously no way to get rid of this guy? :/

Same problem. Only way I managed to get rid of him was to go jump off a cliff. Now I just have to avoid Whiterun until someone can find a solution.

angelkimne said:
I have two questions for anyone who's pretty far (level 20+?) into the game, if they'd be so kind as to answer;
1. Is it worth discovering all the six holds on your own initiative, or do you visit them soon enough in the main story? I've got a whole bunch of quest markers gathering around them and I've still only visited one of six 'capitals'. For reference, I'm at the bit
where you have to go up north and do something for the greybeards
2. What is the real estate market like? The only house I've been offered is
the one in Whiterun that costs a whopping 5000 gold
. Will there be cheaper and better options if I wait a bit?

1. Go visit them on your own time, the main quest won't necessarily take you to all the holds you haven't been to. Hell, I'm level 28 and I haven't yet visited Solitude.

2. Better options? Sure. Cheaper? Nope, Whiterun is the cheapest house in the game.

MrBig

DeathIsTheEnd said:
I did it without a quest for it.

After I found the ghost sitting down I left the room and he did to. He went over to the sealed door and did some special magic stuff to unlock it.
Hmm, I left the room, went as far back as possible, came back, and he was still there

GhaleonEB

My daughter has now stumbled upon two hunters in the woods, one a fisherman on a bee-covered island, another a hunter-merchant on the shore.

Having slain and looted them both, she has now decided to embark on a bit of a career out or finding lonely strangers, chatting them up, then murdering them and stealing their belongings.

The sound of wolves howling in the distance creates a wonderful feeling.

xtrasauce said:
Alright, I don't want to lose 90 minutes to go downtown and hunt for a PC copy that I may or may not find. So I decided to buy it on Steam now. Are there any drawbacks to that, other than not having a pretty, shiny box and disc?

No box or map. That's it, really.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Holy fuck, I just escaped from prison and got an unexpected achievement. Where are my possessions though?

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
ShallNoiseUpon said:
So, I'm climbing up a mountain and night begins to fall. As this happens I look and see
northern lights.

This game is wonderful.

Oh god, I need high-res screenshots or videos of this. PLEASE

Bootaaay said:
Yeah, the quest is activated when
you purchase the house in Windhelm, costs 12,000

Good man. I already have the incriminating item in my possession, now I'm just waiting for the chance to use it. I bought a house in Whiterun and now have a grand total of 12k left overall, so I probably won't purchase the house for a while (I don't think I can yet either - do I need to do something for Ulfric?)

ced

While not anywhere near the Oblivion BS, the psychic shopkeepers suck for thieves. Pull off a perfect job, then get raided by thugs on contract from the shop owner.

Dr Eggman said:
Holy fuck, I just escaped from prison and got an unexpected achievement. Where are my possessions though?

They should be in a locked chest somewhere in the prison facility. Pickpocket a guard or return with a lockpick to re-equip yourself!

ugh on the companions quest and a dude wants me to give his sword to "Eorlund" anyone know where he is? he's supposed to be a blacksmith but he's not.. where the blacksmith is

Cdammen

I've recieved my second shout. Walked all the way up, didn't want to use the horse. It was really epic. The views were incredible and the lightning when the sun sets and the wind picks up and whips around the snow... god this game looks good.

I also really like the towns.

1321120307-2011-11-12_00004.jpg

I've locked my game to 30fps (I hate fluctuations) and added tree shadows so everything looks and feels really lush. I don't care if the shadows aren't super smooth. The art style and setting of the game really makes it shine.

Enco

Holy crap this game is amazing.

The stupid inn keeper/tavern woman in Flakreath sent some mercenaries to kill me for stealing something. Lets just say she won't live for much longer.

Saw a guy in a tavern who wanted to adventure but couldn't because of his strict dad. I talked to his dad and lent him money for armor. A few hours down the line I go back to the tavern and I see the guy with new armor and a new name. He became a mercenary :lol

Bethesda really went to town with the copy and paste though. Every tavern looks the same. Oblivion actually had variations and grand inns. As far as I can remember anyway.

Pollux

So I got married, I wanted her house to store shit it, and now my quest thing says to go to my wife's house. I have no fucking clue where she lives...

When I hit the "Show on map" key it just points to the middle of nowhere.

She was in Makroth or something like that.

For those doing the Dark Brotherhood:

She was the girl who gave you the contract to kill her bandit boyfriend in a Dwenmer ruin and the other optional girl in Windhelm.
So if anyone knows where she lives, well, that would be great....

I see there is no cloud save. If i play on my brothers computer today can i transfer my save and take it home with me on monday, continuing on my computer?

edgefusion

Can companions have or ride horses? Otherwise it seems like an oversight to have my companion chasing me around while I gallop across the countryside. It's also a bit mean.

Are there any large cities as I want to do some heavy thieving but the 2 places I've been so far are rather small(winterhold and small villages/farm yards)

GhaleonEB

lowhighkang_LHK said:
Anyone else a but more impressed with the game's difficulty (on adept). It's still brain dead easy, but at least you feel if you're not careful you can die.
I don't know what difficulty it is, but I'm playing one notch above the hardest, and it's proving quite challenging. I've run into plenty of enemies that can squish me in 2-3 blows. It's a nice risk-reward right now because my beefed up, enchanted bow can kill a lot of enemies in one shot from sneak. But if I get caught, it's dangerous.

My daughter is currently floating down a rapid stream, waterfall hopping pushed by the current, catching salmon along the way. What a great game.

Ghost23

Sorry for all the questions, but I have a few more if anyone wants to answer:

-I'm early in the game (level 5), but where do you go to start learning conjuration and other types of magic besides destruction? Do you have to go to Winterhold?

-I defeated the first dragon, but is there a way to sell the dragon scales/bones?

-Is the OST released yet? I can't find it on Itunes. I would imagine it would come out the day of the game's release.

Great game, really enjoying it but I've hit a roadblock of sorts...I keep hitting the max carry level, anyone know how I can increase the amount of loot, etc I can carry? Any spells about like Feather?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom