• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scullibundo said:
For anybody that has finished the main questline:

Can you go back to Sovngarde after you've returned to Skyrim? I just remembered I never accepted that guy's invitation to dine in the hall again. Plus I love that area. Best Skybox ever.

Quoting myself for new page. Would love an answer.

Teknoman

NullPointer said:
I like this theory.

I also like how open ended things are. You end up talking to an NPC who tasks you in hushed tones with crossing frozen steppes, journeying across snow-capped mountains and winding your way into the darkest depths of the earth to return a long lost treasure of his people. "Oh you mean this thing I have in my bag? Yeah I picked that up a few days ago when I was bored and looking for a place to crash. Here, have it." Ga-CHUNG. Quest completed!

lol that happened to me with the stone shard in whiterun.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Is Yngol Barrow main quest related?

Just wandering around on the coast I found this place. Not marked on map. Went in door, staircase leading down. Gate I can't enter with a dead looking guy sitting on a throne behind the gate. Looks ominous.

Zeliard

Do the Blood Dragons and the other higher-level dragons tend to breathe fire or do they vary?

If they tend to be fire-based I actually feel compelled to take these dwarven boots off my Dunmer since they add an extra 40% fire resistance, which is just stupid since he already has 50%. The stupid fire-breathing dragons are doing no damage to me on Master. :p

NullPointer said:
I like this theory.

I also like how open ended things are. You end up talking to an NPC who tasks you in hushed tones with crossing frozen steppes, journeying across snow-capped mountains and winding your way into the darkest depths of the earth to return a long lost treasure of his people. "Oh you mean this thing I have in my bag? Yeah I picked that up a few days ago when I was bored and looking for a place to crash. Here, have it." Ga-CHUNG. Quest completed!

Yeah the already completed quests are nice haha.

Wallach

Zeliard said:
Do the Blood Dragons and the other higher-level dragons tend to breathe fire or do they vary?

If they tend to be fire-based I actually feel compelled to take these dwarven boots off my Dunmer since they add an extra 40% fire resistance, which is just stupid since he already has 50%. The stupid fire-breathing dragons are doing no damage to me on Master. :p

Some dragons are capable of breathing multiple types instead of just one.

Drazgul

Zeliard said:

I thought the resistances were capped now, so you can't become completely immune?

dalin80

Banned
Just got utterly ruined by a pair of sabertooth's, didnt see them while I was faffing around trying to battle my way through the worst UI and hotkey system known to man.

Please tell me someone is working on a mod to make these a mount, they are awesome.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Zeliard said:

Yeah the already completed quests are nice haha.

Every blood dragon I've fought so far has been fire, could be wrong of course.

Zeliard

Wallach said:
Some dragons are capable of breathing multiple types instead of just one.

Nice.

Drazgul said:
I thought the resistances were capped now, so you can't become completely immune?

I'm not entirely immune but it has to stack additively, meaning 90%. Granted I'm trying to quantify that by just looking at how slowly my health bar depletes, but given that virtually every other attack from almost any enemy just annihilates my mage, I'm inclined to think my fire resistance really is that high. Not sure if you can get it totally to 100% but it looks like you can get it close.

I also fought some summoned Flame Atronachs at one point who were similarly doing very little damage to me.

Wanace

Scullibundo said:
Quoting myself for new page. Would love an answer.

I don't think you can make it back because the game specifically asks you if you're ready to leave or not.

Plus the dialogue at the end leads me to believe that your first journey there was a bit of an anomaly, and you can't make it back until
you're dead

Although I admittedly haven't tried, maybe I will when I get home from work.

Drazgul

@Zeliard:
If I'd have to guess it's probably maxed at 85% since that's what the physical max. resistance was in Oblivion and FO3.

@Finowns:

Check back later, they weren't there when I first started the game - they only appeared after a few days had passed.

Arol

finowns said:
Supposedly there's a Khajiit caravan outside of Whiterun? I can't find it.

It;s random, but I notice it appears more at night.

And it should spawn just outside the gates, by the stables, if you want just keep going to sleep until they get there since they do travel around iirc.

Hyunkel6

Stumbled on a Draugh overllord in a random dungeon. Wtf! That thing 1-shot me with a frigging arrow. I bailed the hell out after the reload.

Zeliard

Drazgul said:
@Zeliard:
If I'd have to guess it's probably maxed at 85% since that's what the physical max. resistance was in Oblivion and FO3.

That sounds very likely. I thought in Oblivion it wasn't capped? Maybe I'm mixing it up with a modded version.

Edit: oh physical resist, nm :p

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I could've sworn oblivion let you got to 100%, and my guy was completely invisible because of stacking cloak percent. Maybe I'm thinking of another game.

Wallach

Can anyone who has completed the Thieves' Guild quests tell me the stats of the items you received from that quest line (
the Nightingale set
) using spoiler tags, along with the level you acquired them at? Just trying to get some data for where the level distribution is for those items, thanks.

Blizzard

Banned
Oblivion and Morrowing were presumably known for being very moddable, and Bethesda didn't discourage it. How did that work out with paid DLC? Was there much DLC for those games, and was there any conflict between Bethesda selling it and people just making their own expansion stuff?

fanboi

Banned
Also regarding the Mage Guild questline before getting the
Staff of Magnus
the battle
with the bone dragon... thought I never would make it but with some potions and all i fucked em up!

Also moonokie... one shooted me with lightning... hide begind pilars of stone recharge mana, dual casting with firebolt which knocked him back, rinse repeat untill dead.

Is the "frost breath" shout worth using at all if you have the "Ice form" shout? I figured it'd be worth having so I spent the dragon soul in it but it seems like a gimped version of ice form...

balddemon

Banned
Wallach said:
Can anyone who has completed the Thieves' Guild quests tell me the stats of the items you received from that quest line (
the Nightingale set
) using spoiler tags, along with the level you acquired them at? Just trying to get some data for where the level distribution is for those items, thanks.

i'll shoot you a pm tomorrow if i remember. i'll probably finish them by then.

Zeliard

MisterAnderson said:
Is the "frost breath" shout worth using at all if you have the "Ice form" shout? I figured it'd be worth having so I spent the dragon soul in it but it seems like a gimped version of ice form...

Don't have it yet but I imagine Frost Breath is just the ice version of Flame Breath, with Ice Form's value coming from its freeze/knockdown properties. Frost Breath would do the same thing as the ice spells - do damage, slow enemies, drain stamina - but presumably on a larger scale.

Zeliard said:
Don't have it yet but I imagine Frost Breath is just the ice version of Flame Breath, with Ice Form's value coming from its freeze/knockdown properties. Frost Breath would do the same thing as the ice spells - do damage, slow enemies, drain stamina - but presumably on a larger scale.

Well, Ice Form freezes enemies in a block of ice. I haven't experimented extensively with both enough to come to a concrete conclusion, but that just generally seems like it'd be much more useful. Granted it's cooldown is much longer, which is the downside I suppose.

Nose Master

Question about a riften / thieves quest:

BEEEES:
When I went to do this, a Blood Dragon spawned. And he burnt down all the beehives, and killed all the mercs. With a sliver of life left. Was this just random?

Zeliard

MisterAnderson said:
Well, Ice Form freezes enemies in a block of ice. I haven't experimented extensively with both enough to come to a concrete conclusion, but that just generally seems like it'd be much more useful. Granted it's cooldown is much longer, which is the downside I suppose.

In most fights Ice Form is probably more valuable, no doubt. Ice Breath is something you'd possibly want to limit to enemies weak to ice or some weaker mobs you're cleaning up. Could come in handy if you're a melee character. It's probably a lot less useful if your character already dabbles in magic.

balddemon

Banned
Nose Master said:
Question about a riften / thieves quest:

BEEEES:
When I went to do this, a Blood Dragon spawned. And he burnt down all the beehives, and killed all the mercs. With a sliver of life left. Was this just random?

yeah i'm fairly sure thats random :p kinda sucks, but you should stil lbe able to finish the quest.

Dresden

Well, sneaking fatigue is setting in. Lol. Finishing every Dark Brotherhood quest has made me long for some good old fashioned facesmashing instead.

I think it's time for my Orc to retire, to settle down in the Dark Bro sanctuary amidst all the toxic plants and torture chambers.

NBtoaster

I guess I figured out why Dragon souls sometimes dont absorb. There are respawning dragons. I went to 2 different word sites where I had previously killed dragons and got their souls and there were two new ones, but their bodies didn't dissolve and I didn't get new souls.

Zeliard

NBtoaster said:
I guess I figured out why Dragon souls sometimes dont absorb. There are respawning dragons. I went to 2 different word sites where I had previously killed dragons and got their souls and there were two new ones, but their bodies didn't dissolve and I didn't get new souls.

Haha so it's just a scaly dead dragon on the ground as opposed to a skeleton?

cackhyena

So even though I'm a sneak, I haven't used a dagger. What's the point of them if everything else is higher damage? What's the advantage?

Echoplx

So I'm now lvl 44 and have 1 handed, destruction, heavy armor and smithing all up to 100 and fully perked. I have 5 perks on me atm and was thinking of going with enchanting just to make me even more OP, but I also want to lvl up bows because it may add more variety, thoughts?

Riposte

Master difficulty is nice and tough. I get the feeling the game will break down at some point, but so far it has been real good. Playing an archer with illusion spells.

Anteater

Ok thinking of bringing the difficulty down a notch, I suck at this game, been leveling smithing way too much that I'm getting owned because I have no combat skills, everything are one shotting me :lol

legbone

finowns said:
I found the Khajiits. I thought there was a sneak trainer with them.? Anyone know where one is?

yeah, there should be a female khajiit with the caravan that trains you in sneak. who knows though. i've had issues with people disappearing and i have to reload and then they come back.

Hyunkel6

cackhyena said:
So even though I'm a sneak, I haven't used a dagger. What's the point of them if everything else is higher damage? What's the advantage?
15x damage when sneaking. 30x if dual-wielding. It's awesome.

3chopl0x said:
So I'm now lvl 44 and have 1 handed, destruction, heavy armor and smithing all up to 100 and fully perked. I have 5 perks on me atm and was thinking of going with enchanting just to make me even more OP, but I also want to lvl up bows because it may add more variety, thoughts?

If you are leveling something up from scratch, try conjuration. So boss.

Dresden

cackhyena said:
One of the Sneak perks gives you 15x backstab multipliers for daggers. Stacks with Shrouded Gloves and its variants that doubles backstab damage.

redhot_

Maaaan.. just started running on a 13mb game save on ps3.. its down to the point where when i fast travel shit hits the fan and the frame rate goes out the window. I just want to grind to 50! sdfkjhwketn ugh the frustration! such an amazing game and i sure hope they do something about this b4 they pump out the DLC.

Arol

Anteater said:
Ok thinking of bringing the difficulty down a notch, I suck at this game, been leveling smithing way too much that I'm getting owned because I have no combat skills, everything are one shotting me :lol

What are you playing at? I was playing at Master but found it way too hard to even kill the first Dragon, opted to just go back to the default setting (Adept?). Either way I think might try Expert if Adept becomes way too easy.

I will say, I leveled up skills a lot quickly on fodder enemies on Master difficulty since they are harder to kill.

Anteater said:

Good at smithing?

1)Make expensive armor
2)Sell
3)Pay trainers to level up skill
4)Get back out there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom