• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

gblues

Banned
Dice said:
He sticks out to me so much. Sad that those guys can't just live off Metal Gear. Their voices are permanently those characters to me.

Jim Cummings (AKA Minsc, AKA Darkwing Duck) is another one that stands out. I can also pick out Cam Clarke from a mile away, but he's not on Skyrim's cast.

Wallach

dreamer3kx said:
oh ok I see, thanks.

Note that Destruction skill will lower the cost of all Destruction spells as it goes up, regardless of perks. That is how spells scale off skill, unlike weapons/armor that scale up in power.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I hopped off my horse in front of a cave and just as I was about to go in he started moving in circles real quick and then vanished, as if an invisible tornado just touched down and whisked him away.

This game.

zethren

Banned
Stuff I did in Skyrim last night and this morning:

-Eldergleam quest - awesome. I made the most spectacular rescue mission, saving Lydia from certain death during that quest.

-Met a group of soldiers to look for
the jagged crown
, only to also be met by a Blood Dragon. The 6 or so soldiers and I took that thing down in no time, and afterwards triggered a conversation with one of them (
Ralof
) while the epic dragon fight music was still playing, making the conversation itself epic.

-Found an abandoned horse at an empty campsite in the glacial oceanic region way up north and took it for my own.

-Solved a murder.

-Met a Dunmer farmer with the last name of Hlaalu and had a good laugh.

There's a
new Archmage in town:

6351855343_d5c8c05391_b.jpg

God I love this game.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Man, imagine if they just cut your head off in the beginning of the game. A whole lot more people would be alive right now.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
So I just came back home with the PS3 version of Skyrim and played it for an hour or so (just got to the first village). The graphics are a little disappointing, but so far the game seems interesting. Can't say I've gotten far enough to really get a feel for the game yet, but it seems promising so far.

Dresden

SpeedingUptoStop said:
Man, imagine if they just cut your head off in the beginning of the game. A whole lot more people would be alive right now.
Hmm, the guy who actually did get his head chopped off would be alive probably if he let the priestess drone on about Arkay. Bethesda is teaching us about the value of patience.

FWIW, I found a handy-dandy way of checking off tons of quests if you have too many, and want to make sure you complete them:

Go to your quest menu, and activate every quest you have - side, main and miscellaneous. All will appear on the map. That way, you can simply finish the next step of every quest nearest you. I had no idea there were ~4 quests I had taken in Whiterun, and have been able to knock them out very quickly due to this.

Zeliard

Minor early Greybeards question from when you first meet them:

If those other
Greybeards can't speak to you because they'll remove your skin from your bones with but a whisper, why was Arngeir able to talk to you? Presumably it's not something that can be dialed down by normal means or the others would.

Was that addressed and I completely missed it? It was getting pretty late. :p

<3 Christopher Plummer too.

Wallach

Dresden said:
Hmm, the guy who actually did get his head chopped off would be alive probably if he let the priestess drone on about Arkay. Bethesda is teaching us about the value of patience.

I thought it was kind of awkward that the headsman didn't empty the basket, and it was only big enough for one head. So if he had cut my head off it just would have rolled off and onto the ground. Gross, man.

Had my first random moment. Wouldn't recommend chatting it up with Thalmor Justicars on the side of the road. They're jerks.

Headed out from Riverwood, saw some dudes in fancy armor walking around, went to say hey, then they start being dicks and call me a heretic and try and kill me. I ran into the nearby meadery to avoid the 3 on 1 in the open, managed to take them down (had to down a bunch of potions though). Got some nice elven armor now.

Wallach

HadesGigas said:
Had my first random moment. Wouldn't recommend chatting it up with Thalmor Justicars on the side of the road. They're jerks.

Headed out from Riverwood, saw some dudes in fancy armor walking around, went to say hey, then they start being dicks and call me a heretic and try and kill me. I ran into the nearby meadery to avoid the 3 on 1 in the open, managed to take them down (had to down a bunch of potions though). Got some nice elven armor now.

The only Thalmor I've encountered out in the wild were trying to run a hit on me. Fucking pricks. I guess they don't like me praying at Talos shrines or something, because they wanted me dead to rights.

Can anyone tell me if Soul Siphon in the enchanter line is a waste of 2 perk points? I'd get it for sure if I didn't have to first spend a point in "Soul Squeezer" but it seems super convenient just automatically recharging enchantment charges on deathblows.

Einbroch

Banned
MisterAnderson said:
Can anyone tell me if Soul Siphon in the enchanter line is a waste of 2 perk points? I'd get it for sure if I didn't have to first spend a point in "Soul Squeezer" but it seems super convenient just automatically recharging enchantment charges on deathblows.
I think it's incredibly useful.

Wallach

Teknoman said:
Arent those the guys that kill those that assist Daedra? Thalmor that is.

Nah, the Thalmor are part of the elven empire that dunked on the Imperials in the previous war and forced them to sign the peace treaty that involved the ban of all Talos worship.

I can't remember what those guys are called... Vigilant or something like that maybe.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Where's a good place to sell leather chest armor? This shit is valued at 125 but my Thieve's Guild fence wanted to cop it for 67. Marcurio's packing like 6 of these things right now.

zethren

Banned
Wallach said:
Nah, the Thalmor are part of the elven empire that dunked on the Imperials in the previous war and forced them to sign the peace treaty that involved the ban of all Talos worship.

I can't remember what those guys are called... Vigilant or something like that maybe.

Vigilants of Stendarr, if memory serves.

AlexMogil said:
There's downloadable content coming eventually.

Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

SpeedingUptoStop said:
Where's a good place to sell leather chest armor? This shit is valued at 125 but my Thieve's Guild fence wanted to cop it for 67. Marcurio's packing like 6 of these things right now.

Just sell it. In the long run anything less than 500 gold is chump change.

haha i'm still early on in the game (level 10) and encountered my first dragon out in the field, he shoots some fire and i'm circling underneath him casting frost bolts and trying to get a good angle when a bandit comes out of nowhere and starts wailing on me. i back up and start hitting him when a sabre cat leaps from the bushes and kills the bandit in two blows. it turns to me ready to jump, not noticing the dragon that has just landed to the left of us. I take two steps back and let the dragon blow the crap out of the cat. by which time i'm off to the dragon's side blasting it to pieces. i can take the fact that it crashes every time i quit (and consequently steam does a "first run" setup every time i start) for moments like that.

Wallach

zethren said:
Vigilants of Stendarr, if memory serves.

Yeah, that's them. Those guys are dorks man, I sometimes think about shouting them off the cliff when I come across them. I tried to help them once when I came across a pair taking on what looked like a mage from a distance in the snowstorm, but turned out to be
an very powerful vampire
and almost got me fucked up for it. That thing
reanimated the first one it killed, then almost got away by turning invisible at low health and bolting away in the snowstorm, but I managed to shout it down and plant a bound sword in her back before she could disappear.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
SpeedingUptoStop said:
I keep not getting paid for these thieves guild quests, I need to squeeze every penny.

I don't think you can really make that much more off of selling stuff without pumping points into the speech tree. Just make up the difference like I do via pickpocketing the world blind!

so i think ive got a bug in the main quest

Im pretty far in (probably 10 or so quests)

when you go to the flashback and the 3 say they are going to fight alduin, nothing happens they all stand there at the ready and just sit there with dragons flying around, i waited like 5 minutes and finally just quit out...

edit: wow it just did it again, i haven't been able to get this thing to trigger, there is even a youtube video showing the issue

>>>WARNING A Main quest spoiler, WARNING<<<.

I really have to manually open the console, and type in some stuff to progress t Bethesda? Wow. I didn't even have to do that in New Vegas.

Wanace

ZombieSupaStar said:
so i think ive got a bug in the main quest

Im pretty far in (probably 10 or so quests)

when you go to the flashback and the 3 say they are going to fight alduin, nothing happens they all stand there at the ready and just sit there with dragons flying around, i waited like 5 minutes and finally just quit out...

Yeah I remember doing that part and there was a moment when I was like "what's taking so long" but luckily I didn't have the same problem. Reload and try again.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Nose Master said:
Anyone else just girate while spamming Y to get over half the mountains in your way? I do this all the time, I'm half expecting to fall through the world one of these days.
I'm pretty sure everyone plays Elder Scrolls like this. If you're not, you're doing it wrong.

rhfb said:
So I'm needing to go back and play oblivion and shivering islands if they play anything like a certain quest did...
Shivering Isles is a fuck ton of stuff like....that quest.

Yo Gotti

Banned
This game is fucking awesome.

Just looked at my timestamp and I'm 44 hours in, I thought it was around 25.

I'm level 22 and haven't beaten a single questline. I think I'm nearing the end of the thieves guild but that's it. At this point I'm pretty sure I'll be spending months with this game...

KorrZ

CrocMother said:
So I am now having SEVERE frame rate drops on my PS3 when I am in cities, especially White Run.

Like, bad bad.

Am I the only one? :(

No, you're not. I just ditched a 40 hour save by getting rid of the PS3 version and switching to 360 because of those frame rate issues. The longer you play it only gets worse. Bethesda has acknowledged they're aware of the issue, and they are working on a patch, but if Fallout: New Vegas is any indicator...don't expect them to be able to fix it :\

KorrZ said:
No, you're not. I just ditched a 40 hour save by getting rid of the PS3 version and switching to 360 because of those frame rate issues. The longer you play it only gets worse. Bethesda has acknowledged they're aware of the issue, and they are working on a patch, but if Fallout: New Vegas is any indicator...don't expect them to be able to fix it :\
isn't new vegas Obsidian and not Bethesda.

Norua

Banned
Basileus777 said:
I just completed Power of the Elements and
received Fire Storm, how do you get the other master level destruction spells?
Once you master Fire Storm you can buy Blizzard and Lightning Storm from Faralda at the College.

Since we're approaching OT2, I just wanted to say what a great OP this thread has. Perfect length, a good amount of text, properly sized pictures. Good work, Blue Ninja!

KorrZ said:

This is what I have been noticing. Fuck.

Wallach

fanboi said:
I'm level 10 and just became
Arch-mage

God damn that last battle was hard
moonokie?

You there, I need your assistance. Please tell me the stats of the three items you received at the conclusion of this quest:
staff, robe, Morokei.

Spoiler tag it for the other folks.

KorrZ said:

Damn. This is not what I want to hear just as I am starting to enjoy myself with the game. First time I have had a game that feels like a goddamn ticking timebomb. I guess I want to keep playing with the delusion that "it won't happen to me", but that isn't sounding hopeful from all the cases I have been reading about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom