• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sotha Sil

Wallach said:
Well, it may be related to the game taking place in Skyrim.

Imperials had speech-oriented bonuses in Morrowind. I think it may be related to the fall of the Empire as we know it. (Ok, I have no idea, but this is a scandal).

GreekWolf

dwebo said:
Speech bonuses to Breton / Nord, but not Imperials? wat
Speech bonus to magic, sure, but there's not a Breton alive who can charm plump bosoms under the silken sheets like my silver-tongued Imperial.

Plus, Bretons have bad teeth. Surely, that has to detract points.

Cudder

This game is going to be so huge and fun, that I probably wont play it until December or so when I'm done with the games I'm playing now. Does that make sense?

cackhyena

Bethesda main stories are ass. Never play their games for that.

Oh wow, this thread moves fast. My response was to someone on the last page already.

Admittedly I didn't make it too far into Oblivion, but I am really excited for Skyrim and I am making it my mission to actually sink a lot of time into it.

DangerStepp

HHHNNNNNGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!

Time to sink another 167 hours of my life into an Elder Scrolls game!!! Can't wait to be emotionally detached from reality!!!!!

MAKE LOVE TO ME WITH YOUR ART, TODD HOWARD!!!

4osa7ud.gif

GrandHarrier said:
Arrows are rare??? The fuck???

How does this make any sense?

Can you at least make them since you can do other shit like making lumber?

I mean, how the fuck are swords be common but arrows are rare?
They're not exactly rare, just less numerous than in Oblivion, where they were all over the place.

Nezabyte

Neo Member
What, Khajiit only get improved night vision per 60 seconds? That doesn't make any sense when Argonians can breathe underwater for as long as they want.

Only choosing between 3 stats to level up leaves me wondering where stealth/thief based characters fall, I'm sure it will make more sense when I play it but does anyone know more about this?

Sotha Sil

Nezabyte said:
What, Khajiit only get improved night vision per 60 seconds? That doesn't make any sense when Argonians can breathe underwater for as long as they want.

Plus I have a hard time understanding how claws can be useful at all.

Dresden said:
High Elf Mages unite!

I'm sure you mispelled Breton. I'm here!

Wallach

Sotha Sil said:
Imperials had speech-oriented bonuses in Morrowind. I think it may be related to the fall of the Empire as we know it. (Ok, I have no idea, but this is a scandal).

Yeah but then you had a lot of Imperials moving into the area, so maybe it was to represent your rapport with those Imperial colonists, which were pretty central to the story.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Nezabyte said:
Worked the same way in other games. Luckily, mods will fix the likely terrible night vision effect and the length!

Treemonkeys said:
Only choosing between 3 stats to level up leaves me wondering where stealth/thief based characters fall, I'm sure it will make more sense when I play it but does anyone know more about this?
Investing in Health and Stamina, and then picking the perks relating to your stealth skills.

Artadius said:
Are the PC min / rec specs swapped in the OT?

edit: nm, fixed!
They should be fine, I think.

Khezu

Dresden said:
High Elf Mages unite!

Can't decide between imperial or high elf, but the +50 magicka bonus the elfs get is really nice, especially in skyrim, only start with 100 magicka, and only can gain 10 every level, and that is at the expensive of either health or stamina.

Ceebs

So how soon can I expect an interface mod to give me a real inventory and character sheet? I may hold off playing this until I can avoid the nonsense that is passing for a character sheet.

Nista

I can't wait to make my new and improved Argonian female. The thrill of conquering Skyrim and ravaging the countryside of all its forks and fluffy pillows!

I just hope there's an equally fun exploit as 100% chameleon glass armor this time around.

GreekWolf said:
I know exactly what you mean, my friend. Lord knows, if I would just cut my gaming time in half and focus on career opportunities, I'd probably be retired under a coconut tree and surrounded by beach bikinis.

Oh well, c'est la vie. Great to see you back
thumbsup.gif

Thanks! Good to see you too! :) I doubt I'll be posting in this threat 1000+ times like I did in the Oblivion one, but I'll be around. :)

Dresden

Sotha Sil said:
I'm sure you mispelled Breton. I'm here!
Pffft, Bretons look like farmers!

Khezu said:
Can't decide between imperial or high elf, but the +50 magicka bonus the elfs get is really nice, especially in skyrim, only start with 100 magicka, and only can gain 10 every level, and that is at the expensive of either health or stamina.
Yeah, it's powerful for sure. I just like the idea of having a snobby asshole for my character.

LCfiner

I am looking forward to this game more than anything else coming out.

I love everything I've seen for this game.

-GOUKI-

So black people in this game are called red guards? Was this in morrowind? I don't remember Oblivion having that race.

Enkidu

Anyone know if there's a way to get the nice cardboard box without buying the collector's edition? I don't want a regular DVD case since it won't match my Morrowind and Oblivion copy but I really don't want to pay for that ugly ass dragon statue.

DangerStepp

I was a thief/archer in Oblivion. I'm sick of that route; I'm going to go outright brutal warrior for this one.

Maybe even and OGRE!!

Deadly Cyclone said:
Posted on Elder Scrolls' Facebook.

"Sweet golden mead for a game now officially gold!"

386037_10150350537351404_131368351403_8255953_1683546713_n.jpg
I want some of that!!!

ced

Nista said:
I can't wait to make my new and improved Argonian female. The thrill of conquering Skyrim and ravaging the countryside of all its forks and fluffy pillows!

I just hope there's an equally fun exploit as 100% chameleon glass armor this time around.

Looks like I'm going Argonian now, I hope there is plenty of secret underwater areas to make use of my lizard skills. I know there will be plenty of serial killer murdering and theft, maybe even some hoarding of useless items.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Nice OT. HYPED. It's been a while since I've been this excited about a game.

Wallach

-GOUKI- said:
So black people in this game are called red guards? Was this in morrowind? I don't remember Oblivion having that race.

Yeah, they were in all the older Elder Scrolls games (at least back to Daggerfall that I can remember).

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Nezabyte said:

Maybe they felt Khajiits would be overpowered with constant night vision for the role they would normally be relegated to (thief like character). But it is weird to have cat like eyes for only 60 seconds.

Sotha Sil

Dresden said:
Pffft, Bretons look like farmers!

Yeah, it's powerful for sure. I just like the idea of having a snobby asshole for my character.

I'll forgive just this one time, 'cause I misspelled "misspelled".

Plus "snobby assholes" is the very definition of the Altmer race.

ced

Deadly Cyclone said:
Posted on Elder Scrolls' Facebook.

"Sweet golden mead for a game now officially gold!"

Little late for a gold announcement isn't it? I mean people are playing the retail copies now...

Wallach

So I need to pre-order this today; any place have a decent sale on it perhaps? Do pre-orders from other sites like D2D even get to pre-load?

KingK

Great OP!
I can't wait for this game. I never really got into Oblivion, but I feel that's partly because I never gave it a fair chance. I only ever played like 2 hours on my friend's 360 back in '07, and just wasn't feeling it. However, for whatever reason, I bought Fallout 3 and it just clicked and I fell in love with it. A lot of the changes from Oblvion to Skyrim seem great to me, and everything I've seen has got me pumped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom