• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.
ksimm said:
From Prima

This guide is also available as an iBook for the iPhone and iPad. An iPad map app will be available after launch.

Link

I'm going to cave in and get the paperback, as I've given up hope of stock of the CE in the UK. :( Wish I'd have bloody ordered sooner!

Ooohh an iPad map app? That sounds interesting.

Wallach

Blue Ninja said:
I'm going with a Nord. Tough choice between that and an Imperial, but Nord won out on me for now.

Character creator's really good, you guys.

When you get in-game can you see if (perks)
Fists of Steel is still on the left side of the Heavy Armor perk tree?

I cant decide if I should go PC or Ps3. I want to get it for PC but I don't know if mine is good enough. I have a decent PC that should run it fine: Phenom II x4 3.0ghz, 4gb Ram, 5770, but I also want to record my playthrough with Fraps. Not sure if this PC will be able to handle that.

I have an HD PVR so recording from the PS3 version will be no issue. Decisions, decisions, lol.

PONGSTAR

Banned
Blue Ninja said:
I'm going with a Nord. Tough choice between that and an Imperial, but Nord won out on me for now.

Ah, me thinks that is what I'm going to do too.

ironcreed

Banned
Ark said:
Three days..

Bunny-HitHeadAgainstWall.gif

BrassMonkey1010 said:
I cant decide if I should go PC or Ps3. I want to get it for PC but I don't know if mine is good enough. I have a decent PC that should run it fine: Phenom II x4 3.0ghz, 4gb Ram, 5770, but I also want to record my playthrough with Fraps. Not sure if this PC will be able to handle that.

I have an HD PVR so recording from the PS3 version will be no issue. Decisions, decisions, lol.

go ps3 then.

Epyon MX said:
Any tips for an Elder Scrolls newb on playing a bow and arrow focused character? Strategies, recommended race, perks, etc.

In these open world RPGs I always play sword and magic. Thought I'd try something new.

If you're like me you will probably start several characters until you find one your happy with.

I must have started over at least 10 times with Oblivion until I found just one character I liked.

Zeliard

I wish these RPGs would release their character creators early. I'm gonna spend like an hour with that stupid thing.

EschatonDX said:
Sadly you can't combine two different spells as stated in this topic... Wouldn't be a bad idea for a mod though.

Yeah that would have been neat to see. You can throw two different spells simultaneously with each hand but there seems to be no added/modified effect from it.

EschatonDX said:
Imperials are so BORING. They're the TES series player character choice for the guy that likes vanilla ice cream.

Real talk.

Solo

EschatonDX said:
Imperials are so BORING. They're the TES series player character choice for the guy that likes vanilla ice cream.

Whats wrong with vanilla ice cream? Its been around forever for a reason. Like imperial scum.

So jealous of everyone in this thread who've been able to score an early copy. But enjoy it dudes.

Speaking of people playing the game early, I had the displeasure of watching a "Let's Play" of the game from some moron named "Mangg". Holy fuck, he talked so much during his videos that I wished I could punch him in the face.

Wallach

Zeliard said:
I wish these RPGs would release their character creators early. I'm gonna spend like an hour with that stupid thing.

I was totally hoping they would do that in lieu of releasing a demo. Would have been neat.

Also I have it on good word that Imperials are ugly.

Emitan

EschatonDX said:
Sadly you can't combine two different spells as stated in this topic... Wouldn't be a bad idea for a mod though.

if you dont like vanilla ice cream you've never had good vanilla ice cream

SpudBud said:
Nord is the only way to go.

Imperials are scum, btw.
Imperials may seem "vanilla" on paper, but you can add flavor in how you chose to roleplayer them. And their racial bonus will help me my first house so much faster.

But I'm still torn between Imperial and Redguard as my first play through race.

F!ReW!Re

I Big JG I said:
any advice for a newb to the series? I want to be an archer\assassin\thief ... loot and kill my way to the top.

Just load up the game and play it. It's an adventure, a journey into the unknown!
No advice would prepare you for the horrors that are in store for you!

;-)

Just start the game and lose all resemblance of a person with a social life...

Good luck!

Esch

Banned
Solo said:
Whats wrong with vanilla ice cream? Its been around forever for a reason. Like imperial scum.
There's nothing wrong with it, that being said if I walk into an ice cream parlor, full of choices, flavors, and toppings... Vanilla ain't at the top of the pecking order.
Zeliard said:
Yeah that would have been neat to see. You can throw two different spells simultaneously with each hand but there seems to be no added/modified effect from it.
I feel like it would have at least been feasible to combine certain spells from the same school.... But I guess we can't really comment on that till we've got something close to a complete spell list in front of us, eh?

ironcreed

Banned
At least I know my copy is waiting on me...

smiley-face.jpg

and should be nice and secure sitting in a box just down the road...

pics.1177564036106cm7.jpg

at my local Gamestop. Too bad they will not let me have what I have already paid for until Friday.

FUUUU.jpg

QP3

Blue Ninja said:

I feel like I keep seeing references to this character creator.

Is there a link? (if so I would love it) Or is it just the picture of the skills bonuses??

thanks!

Philthy

I'm going to make a Viking metal god.

Here they come so raise the shields high
Like wolves they show their teeth
None of us will ever yield now
To the scavengers beneath

We're outnumbered ten to one here
Still I love the odds
We will sacrifice them one by one
Send them off to the gods

Derrick01

Banned
EschatonDX said:

I need to go take a nap before I pop a blood vessel.

Blue Ninja said:
Can't find an option to turn off the kill-cam, though... Huh?

Yeah, I don't think there is one - I like it though, some of the kill animations are brutal
especially as I just got the perk for decapitation

Einbroch

Banned
Derrick01 said:

I need to go take a nap before I pop a blood vessel.
You can use two different spells at the same time. You just can't combine like Frostbolt and Firebolt to make a Mistbolt or something.

You can still shoot a firebolt and a frostbolt at the same time.

Aidsdia

Neo Member
Philthy said:
I'm going to make a Viking metal god.

Here they come so raise the shields high
Like wolves they show their teeth
None of us will ever yield now
To the scavengers beneath

We're outnumbered ten to one here
Still I love the odds
We will sacrifice them one by one
Send them off to the gods

Good to see someone else will be blasting amon amarth during their nord playthrough

Wallach

Smash88 said:
Is there definitive news of Skyrim having a pre-load option on Steam, or is that people speculating?

Yeah, Hines said it is ready to go and he's waiting to hear when it will go live. I'm hoping today, but RAGE was only a 24 hour window before release.

Bootaaay said:
Yeah, I don't think there is one - I like it though, some of the kill animations are brutal
especially as I just got the perk for decapitation
I hope they patch it in.

Looking around with your sword out takes some getting used to, too. It's not like in Morrowind and Oblivion where your weapon rotates along with you at the same speed, it seems to be lagging behind a little. Realistic, yeah, but takes some getting used to.

Smash88

Banned
Wallach said:
Yeah, Hines said it is ready to go and he's waiting to hear when it will go live. I'm hoping today, but RAGE was only a 24 hour window before release.

Cool thanks.

I really hope the engine isn't a piece of shit on the PC. *fingers crossed*

Solo

Reluctant-Hero said:
But I'm still torn between Imperial and Redguard as my first play through race.

Redguads are so BORING. They're the TES series player character choice for the guy that likes chocolate ice cream.

75378-TrollFace.png

Esch

Banned
Zeliard said:
If you're gonna go human it should be Redguard or Nord. :>
Bretons: "We have elvish ancestry, and inherent spellcasting ability without some of the weaknesses of the mer species!"

Redguards: "We're the most talented warriors, skilled in any form of combat!"

Nords: "We're jacked. We love the cold. We're vikings. We will crush you!"

Imperials: "Hi! I'm Sextimussess Severius. People seem to like me because i'm convincing and very organized. I like to eat wolf meat and really enjoy a nice white tunic. Years later, a mage will tell me that I have total magicka of 48 and am what some people call terribly minmaxed."

I really can't decide on what version to buy.. PC or 360. I know PC will be technically superior but on the 360 I get to lay on my big leather lazy boy and play.

Someone convince me what to do!

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Can somebody answer a very important question for me?

Does the game feature aurorae? The cold northern mountainous regions seem like the perfect setting for a cosmic light show overhead. I think it'd be pretty mesmerizing to witness, honestly.

Wallach

MrOogieBoogie said:
Can somebody answer a very important question for me?

Does the game feature aurorae? The cold northern mountainous regions seem like the perfect setting for a cosmic light show overhead. I think it'd be pretty mesmerizing to witness, honestly.

It does.

Zeliard said:
Third-person's been improved over the disturbing debug-mode-like versions that came before, but it's probably not something you'll really want to play in much. Still just something you'll want to enter in to look at your character's sexeh gear.

Yeah - debug-mode camera - you nailed it. Lol.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
NaughtyPrawn said:
I really can't decide on what version to buy.. PC or 360. I know PC will be technically superior but on the 360 I get to lay on my big leather lazy boy and play.

Someone convince me what to do!

Be smart and connect your PC to your TV and play with the controller that way. Bam.

And I'm sure there are ridiculously long HDMI cables for people whose PCs and TVs are in separate rooms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom