• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

styl3s

water_wendi said:
i see all these spoilers for stuff that is pretty standard for TES. You know what would be an awesome surprise for Skyrim?
Bethesda putting in Wereboars
I would rather have a
sharkbearpus or bearsharkpus or however you want to say it.. how terrifying would it be to be walking along water and BAM a fucking bearsharktopus jumps out

Make it happen bethesda.. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

The Albatross said:
Build your PC around your couch
Build your PC into your couch.

screen pulls out from up and you pull up, can add extra fans to blow on your ass so you dont get a sweaty ass in the summer.

good call on checking craigslist for early copies. unfortunatley no one here in south florida has any :(......that they want to advertise about at least..

Derrick01

Banned
EviLore said:
So instead of bandits wearing glass armor, they're wearing leather armor but protecting a chest full of glass armor? I guess they couldn't agree on who gets to wear it? ;b

I'm going to just pretend they were hired to transport/steal/whatever the items back to some rich guy, and you're there to "relieve" them of the burden of carrying such expensive gear.

KingK

Damn, I thought I had finally decided on being a Bosmer ranger/assassin, but now I'm starting to really reconsider a Dunmer one-handed + Destruction magic character, because the dual wielding looks pretty awesome.

I really need to make up my mind by Friday. Good news is I think I've narrowed it down to these 2 from the 5 that I was debating on yesterday, lol.

Lakitu

st5fu
Blue Ninja said:
Got my copy! It's right beside me atm. Sitting in a McDonalds waiting for my GF to finish her classes so we can go home together. :lol

Some douchebag beside me bought the CE. Thought about mugging hem, but then I thought: "what would Wulf do?"

I killed him, vanquished his Alduin statue, drank his blood, and then woke up from my rush still artbook-less. :(

I hate you.

Enjoy the game!
Only 2 and a half more days...

Edit: Wait, Ironcreed is banned? :(

KorrZ

EviLore said:
So instead of bandits wearing glass armor, they're wearing leather armor but protecting a chest full of glass armor? I guess they couldn't agree on who gets to wear it? ;b

Clearly they belong to their bandit leader. He doesn't take too kindly to his subordinates even looking in his chest.

ced

styl3s said:
Apparently K-Mart is selling early (yet again, they are on a roll) YMMV obviously, i knew that some were (and i assume everyone here knew) but wasn't sure till i saw an ad on craigslist pop up "Skyrim early! $150" so like the asshole i am i post on craigslist where to buy it, hate price gouging pricks.

I called to make sure (friend works in electronics) going to pick it up in a bit.

People are saying the registers are locked on selling it.

We just got a shitload of snow here, and I've got my copy waiting at an EB two hours' drive away. They're doing a midnight launch so I hope the roads are good.

Sandman42 said:
Question, Bosmer or Khajiit for a Stealth & Archery focused Thief type?

Khajiit from personal experience. Thats the exact build Ill be using and the one I used during my playthroughs of Oblivion. So much fun.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Welp just a matter of if I'm going to take Friday off work to play this. I'm meeting up with some friends I haven't seen in forever. Most likely I won't get to play until Sunday if I don't take Friday off...

abundant

Sandman42 said:
Question, Bosmer or Khajiit for a Stealth & Archery focused Thief type?
It doesn't matter what race you pick, but personally I'd choose Wood Elf because of the 50% resistance to poisons and disease.

disappeared said:
We just got a shitload of snow here, and I've got my copy waiting at an EB two hours' drive away. They're doing a midnight launch so I hope the roads are good.

That two hour drive back from EB will probably be one of the longest rides of your life ;b

ReaperXL7

Anyone have a chance to take anymore screens of Argonians? I was hoping with so many people having the game now that there would be atleast a few new shots floating around. Seems most people are just slummin it with dirty little knife ears though.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
If I want to do a magic/archery based character with light melee here and there, what race should I consider? I hate asking stuff like that, but I haven't really followed and read enough to know what sort of "optimal race/class combos" exist. :)

fuenf

Hey guys, can you help me decide if i should get the game? I've never played a Bethesda RPG before but the trailers have gotten me all hyped upped. Still i'm kinda worried about how difficult it is to get into TES and if the mainquest ist beefy enough. I like RPGs that have somekind of hero story... it doesnt even have to be a particularly good one (see DA2), just like something that tells me to some degree what to do next. I like epic RPGs and the world certainly seems epic (i mean thats a given with dragons) but do you think the story will hold up?

I know i could wait for the reviews but i dont wanna get spoiled and i'm just asking to get somekind of a general feel for a Bethesda RPG.

Zeliard

EschatonDX said:
Bretons: "We have elvish ancestry, and inherent spellcasting ability without some of the weaknesses of the mer species!"

Redguards: "We're the most talented warriors, skilled in any form of combat!"

Nords: "We're jacked. We love the cold. We're vikings. We will crush you!"

Imperials: "Hi! I'm Sextimussess Severius. People seem to like me because i'm convincing and very organized. I like to eat wolf meat and really enjoy a nice white tunic. Years later, a mage will tell me that I have total magicka of 48 and am what some people call terribly minmaxed."

Behold, a telling selection of war cries:

benex.png

2ztj3bk.png

2ajyky1.png

2rd7syo.png

KorrZ

nicoga3000 said:
If I want to do a magic/archery based character with light melee here and there, what race should I consider? I hate asking stuff like that, but I haven't really followed and read enough to know what sort of "optimal race/class combos" exist. :)

You should really just consider what ever race you like! I mean, sure to start out some will be better suited for certain roles than others. In the long run though, those bonuses mean very little.

How are the voices? In the few clips I've seen with dialogue I'm not too sure of the American accents. For some reason they always sound jarring in fantasy based games and films for that matter. What do Orcs sound like? I remember in Oblivion the female Orcs really didn't sound right at all.
Oh, and one more thing, with regards to animation. I'm sure it's much improved and as long as male and female characters have their own walking animation I'll be happy! In Oblivion everyone walked like women, even the Orcs!

Wallach

EviLore said:

This happened quite a lot in Morrowind (not that specific item but in general). Bandits don't seem to be very smart in Tamriel outside of Cyrodiil.

nicoga3000 said:

That's pretty much what I'm playing with my Wood Elf - single-handed weapons, archery, plus destruction & restoration magic. Has worked pretty damn well so far (currently level 19).

disappeared said:
I hate sounding like a broken record here, but has anyone heard lately about the PS3 version?

What about it? I've been posting impressions of the PS3 version in here since Saturday.

ReaperXL7

I really do not understand why they had to wait till friday to release this, why would they not just release it on Tuesday like every other major release? The wait is killing me here. Atleast I can go pick it up at midnight on Thursday.

I would think they audiences for this and something like COD would be different enough that Beth would not have alot to worry about.

Echoplx

ReaperXL07 said:
I really do not understand why they had to wait till friday to release this, why would they not just release it on Tuesday like every other major release? The wait is killing me here. Atleast I can go pick it up at midnight on Thursday.

I would think they audiences for this and something like COD would be different enough that Beth would not have alot to worry about.

because 11.11.11

PONGSTAR

Banned
KorrZ said:
You should really just consider what ever race you like! I mean, sure to start out some will be better suited for certain roles than others. In the long run though, those bonuses mean very little.
There are specific racial abilities and powers though.

Branson

ReaperXL07 said:

It's 11.11.11 bro. Too big of a date to pass up. Plus to get it out of the way of the national holiday of CoD probably.

I can't wait for the first time a dragon just swoops downfrom nowhere and kills me with having a chance to defend myself. I think any other game and I would rage but I'm just waiting for it in Skyrim.

ReaperXL07 said:

Someone explained it to me that when you have a game so big and anticipated that you can just set your own day just for your game, you DO IT! Seems about rights. It's to spearate and distinguish Skyrim from every other game in a packed holiday.

So has there been any damn comparisons between the PS3 and 360?

I have no idea which to get. I want the 360 one for controls, but I got shitty VGA cables and have a bit of ghosting (cant do HDMI... gots me an old 360). I can do PS3 with nice HDMI but not sure if I'll like the controls and whatnot...

ReaperXL07 said:

They probably figured the 11-11-11 release date was cool and would be memorable along with the fact that they most likely did it in order to give everyone the weekend to enjoy it rather than having interrupted game time during the work week.

ckohler

EschatonDX said:
spell crafting is out
Well, that sucks. :(

Still, I'm going 100% mage (no weapons) so the game better not cripple me for doing so. I expect to be a bad-ass wizard blowing people away with ease after 80 hours.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
No preload for this on Steam, right? I haven't pre-ordered it yet.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
ReaperXL07 said:

Dude. You do NOT want to go to a game store today. Seriously, it's not even a same crowd thing. It's a 'holy shit they're so busy' thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom