• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

Macmanus

Generally, yeah, I prefer to own a home, but in this game I'm just hoofin' it between towns for roleplaying reasons, you know? I'm a Khajiit Bard-Warrior-Monk. Can't afford to get tied down!

(Also, the prospect that a Nord Jarl would sell land to a no-name Khajiit is sort of immersion-breaking when they won't even let other Khajiit into the city walls.)

Can't argue with role playing in an RPG. Perhaps the lodgings offered from one of the guilds would satiate both your desire to keep immersion and store stuff? I doubt The Dark Brotherhood has such racist scruples. (which is... mildly ironic.)

Can't argue with role playing in an RPG. Perhaps the lodgings offered from one of the guilds would satiate both your desire to keep immersion and store stuff? I doubt The Dark Brotherhood has such racist scruples. (which is... mildly ironic.)

Perhaps. Is there any way to secure lodgings at the Bard's College?

Dreaver

Tonight I explored a bit of the south-east part of the map. The part where you climb up the mountain via the path (with the waterfall) was pretty cool environment-wise. I explored a few random castles / caves and faced a
Dwarven Robot thingy
which took a few tries.
Also fought two fierce dragons today. The fights are still amazing.
I think I've done most (all?) quests for in / close to Whiterun, I have to travel further for all my quests now. Think I'm going to continue (and hopefully complete) the Companions quest and go to a new city after that.

level 17 / 20 hours played, and yet I haven't been in another town except for Whiterun/Riverwood.

P.S. ranged is awesome.

HTuran

Hm, having real trouble finding the final Dragon Priest (called Morokei). I've read that he's in Labyrinthian, but I can't find out how to reach him?

I cleared out Lost Valkygg, but he wasn't in there. I also found this trapdoor by glitch jumping up a mountain, but inside the door is barred.

So, anyone know how to reach the Dragon Priest Morokei? He's got the last mask I need!

Hm, having real trouble finding the final Dragon Priest (called Morokei). I've read that he's in Labyrinthian, but I can't find out how to reach him?

I cleared out Lost Valkygg, but he wasn't in there. I also found this trapdoor by glitch jumping up a mountain, but inside the door is barred.

So, anyone know how to reach the Dragon Priest Morokei? He's got the last mask I need!

He's fought naturally during the course of the College questline.

He's an unmissable part of the College of Winterhold quest line.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member

If all else fails, beating him is part of the Mage's College side-quest.

Ponti

I'm just going to be a broken record: Blackreach. It's personally my favorite dungeon experience since Arx Fatalis. No dialogue either. So much scale, amazing environments and atmosphere, nice encounter variety (Though lacking one standout 'boss' fight). It's dungeon delving in the purest form.
They really should have done more wide open dungeons like it, it's a nice change from the constant corridors linked to small rooms linked to more corridors.

HTuran

He's fought naturally during the course of the College questline.

Oh man, really? I've been avoiding that and the Companions as I'm a Thief/Assassin and figured that any loot I get would be pointless.

How far in that questline is it? All of the others could be found naturally :(

If all else fails, beating him is part of the Mage's College side-quest.

Cheers for the info. I really hope you can enter Labyrinthian through regular means...

Oh man, really? I've been avoiding that and the Companions as I'm a Thief/Assassin and figured that any loot I get would be pointless.

Cheers for the info. I really hope you can enter Labyrinthian through regular means...

Eh...the very end. You're in for the long haul if that's the only way. I don't know, that's just how I found it.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Just about to hit 30 and some of the defining moments in my game are so stellar i call my friends and tell them like it was something that happened to me on the way home from work or something.

Running towards Markarth and I see the familiar shadown on the ground in front of me look up and see a dragon go by and then dive to the floor and not take off again over the next hill. I spell up and start jogging to get dat soul and as i come up over the top of the hill i see a giant going toe to toe with the big lizzard. I stand back for a moment and watch him work .. definitely hurting the thing but losing the fight for sure. I aim towards the back of the dragons hind legs and start shooting a steady stream of fireballs... with a few double charged shots for good measure. Tore that dragon a new asshole right in front of the giant who stops fighting .. pauses and looks over at me from the dragon... kind of nods... then turns and club fucks 3 wolves that were running up on me from BEFORE we started fighting the dragon. Then just turns and saunters off... straight pimpin.

Too many others to put into one post... tearing through a whole cave beast style for the first time..
using a shout on a dragon as it's landing and watch it stumble...
stunning a dragon with dual chain lightning JUST before it gets it's breath off and seeing the game throw up the subtitles on the screen "Fo...." *boom*..
Fighting 2 dragons at once in Rorickstead... killing BOTH of them ...
Realizing that without trying .. i've become the Deadra obsessed (i do every shrine mission to the very word in their honor!) Magicka filled Arch-Mage whose eyes glow and fingers singe and burn walking around with an evil metal mask on my face. Throwing around 515+ magicka at the slightest afront ... and just muuuuuurdering those around me.

That bitch in Riften that threatens to get the DB on you because she "knows people" almost got burned alive in her damn bar. The entire conversation i'm thinking "Bitch ... i'm the fucking speaker. You are a dead woman."

Wow... I've got 3 of the masks now (including the wooden). Considering how hard that battle was (thank god for the
"Slow time" shout)
, I feel reassured that what you perceive as the "last" one was, in fact, my "first" one.

I was climbing a mountain in a DB quest, trying to find a Dwemer ruin when I discovered a dragon sitting on a perch at the top of the mountain (which took forever to climb... jump, jump, move sideways, jump). I thought "I've got potions, I'll go ahead and fight him". As I reached the top and the dragon took flight to shower me with flame, I noticed a stone wall with a Dragon shout! I'll just go over there and get the shout before the fight starts in earnest! It's about then that I notice the 2nd masked asshole with a flame staff jump out of his coffin and I realize that the dragon is really a giant lizard from the paleolithic era! So I ask that dragon, "DRAGON! What do you want!!! So he leans down to me and in a raspy, guttural voice, he says "I need about Tree Fiddy".

HTuran

If it means anything, the College questline is the shortest.

Yeah, I may as well play through it, I'm sure there are some nice story beats. Just a little annoyed as I'm getting a little tired of the game and wanted to get all the masks as one last little task.

Thanks for the help :)

Wow... I've got 3 of the masks now (including the wooden). Considering how hard that battle was (thank god for the
"Slow time" shout)
, I feel reassured that what you perceive as the "last" one was, in fact, my "first" one.

I think they're all the same difficulty, as you can encounter them at any point in the game. I only say 'last' as I've been running around the continent collecting them and he's the last :)

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything

But your stuff isn't safe to store there... you need a house for safe storage containers.

Hugs

It's pretty far in, but it's a rad set of quests anyway. I did them event though my melee warrior has no time for magic. Yeah I haven't used much of the loot but the story line is good enough to keep you going. Also a good source of ingredients for alchemy if you're into that and into theft. That and
You find one of, what I think, the best shouts in the game in one of the dungeons you're sent too.

A++ Would recommend.

Mudkips

Banned
Why does my shit keep crashing to desktop?
I'm only like, 2 hours into it and I don't want to go further because my shit keeps fucking up.
Also, they the fuck do the guards keep arresting me? I didn't even steal anything.

...why do you need stamina regeneration in town?

Sell your stuff during the day. Then when you leave to go about your business, wait til dark. Feed or don't... if money is a big concern it seems like you will want to say at level 1 or 2 because I don't think shopkeepers will let you sell to them at the later stages, but if you're a vampire, during the times you're not exactly looking to earn a living, why even care what townsfolk think of you? They're mortals. Food.
I don't care what they think, I just want to sell my crap in peace without having to kill anyone. Making money is important to me and since I can't benefit from most of the skills and stat changes, I'll have to cure the disease somehow.

Lakitu

st5fu
The hell, are you walking everywhere? I'm 74 hours and level 57. I cheesed the last couple of levels, but still...

I've been avoiding using fast travel if I'm in a region. So if I'm in Whiterun hold and there's a dungeon there, I'll walk over. But if the dungeon and quest is in another region, I'll just fast travel.

I have been playing at a slow pace though, I've barely touched the main quest and the guilds.

So, I started playing today feeling kind of fatigued. Then I saw that video of the guy heading outside of the map barriers, and for some reason that got the Skyrim juices flowing well again. I activated a few quest markers and went to town: I finished a quest in Windhelm, and then set out into the great outdoors.

I figured I'd train my Destruction and Archery skills a bit. Unfortunately, those proved to be very tough to level. When I looted an enchanted Glass greatsword, however, I had an epiphany, and my Two Handed skill started going up at the speed of light. It went from 35 to somewhere in the 60's. Amazingly enough, though, this only contributed to about one and a half level raises.

Anyways, I come upon the Barrow I mentioned earlier today, where I was greeted by the
eerie, mysterious blue orbs rolling around the floor
. I progressed into the dungeon, but ultimately came upon a dead end: a door for a Dragon Claw. A dragon claw I hadn't found yet. Defeated, I exited the Barrow and headed for the Sea of Ghosts.

I travelled out as far as I could: crossing ice shoals and ice-cold water in the process. I noticed a large land-mass emerging from behind Skyrim's mountains to the east: an arm of Morowind and then the isle of Vvardenfell, including Red Mountain. Eventually, though, I hit the "You cannot go this way"-sign.

I turned from North to East, and discovered a small inlet with a campsite on it. It had a skeleton and a lot of Gold ingots. I looted all I could and headed on. I discovered a door in a glacier, which turned out to be the exit to the ruin I exited earlier. When I entered, I was greeted by the same
blue orbs
that were there when I went in from the other side. I went up the stairs and eventually came upon a locked gate, only openable from the other side. I saw a Draugr sitting on his throne through the gate, though, so I definitely need to return and send his undead ass to Sovngarde. I then went back outside and carried on, this time back to Windhelm where I got a few more quests and forged a Daedric Greatsword.

I also heard the Dunmer bard in the tavern sing "The Age of Agression", about how awesome the Empire is. Several of the patrons started clapping. In a city I just liberated from the Stormcloaks, this was a nice touch.

So anyways, I head on further, heading towards the Rift. I battle a dragon, get killed by an Arch Necromancer, clear a few caves and mines, find the road that leads into Morrowind, and just keep going. The Rift is so pretty to explore.

And then, just when you think you've seen it all, you come across a dungeon with enemies and loot types you've never seen before. Amazing.

I temporarily forgot the name of the place, but it's pretty close to Riften, on the southwestern edge of the map. It's an ancient Nordic ruin atop a mountain, but its goddamn big. There's an
Imperial trooper stationed outside and he explains it's a Dragon Cultist hideout the ancient Nords sacked before the First Era. There's an undead Dragon Priest in there, and Tullius apparently wants his mask to aid him in the war effort.

Kind of odd, considering the war's already over, and my character had the option of telling the guy "Tullius never mentioned you". To which, I might add, he reacted weirdly, so there's probably more to this than meets the eye.

Anyway, I head into the crypt expecting Draugr, but instead come face to face with the
ghostly apparitions of Dragon Cultists. They're wielding the common Ancient Nord weapons, but they also drop Ancient Nord armor. I already picked up a helmet in an earlier dungeon somewhere and ran around with it for a long while because it looks so damned awesome: now that I have a full set I might just upgrade it and switch to that.

I had to save and quit shortly into the dungeon, but I definitely can't wait to go back in tomorrow. There's a word wall there, too, so that's a nice bonus.

Sorry if the language's not completely polished: it's late and I'm kinda tired, so I didn't feel like going over my text again. :lol It should be readable enough, I think.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I don't care what they think, I just want to sell my crap in peace without having to kill anyone. Making money is important to me and since I can't benefit from most of the skills and stat changes, I'll have to cure the disease somehow.

So if you stay at level 1 or 2 and sell during the day can't you do exactly that?

Or do you mean that feeding kills people?

AEREC

Damn...
attacking a fort with the stormcloaks and calling in Oddviiking for support
...is pretty freaking awesome.

I've been avoiding using fast travel if I'm in a region. So if I'm in Whiterun hold and there's a dungeon there, I'll walk over. But if the dungeon and quest is in another region, I'll just fast travel.

I have been playing at a slow pace though, I've barely touched the main quest and the guilds.

Well, it's not like the quests give you experience anyway, they're just for direction and rewards. It's actually mind blowing when I think about how hard it is to play 100 hours and only be level 35.

Truant

Was exploring the south side of the map, when I came across a woman living on the top of a mountain who trained me in archering. It wasn't the usual "buy training" stuff, she actually took me out to a shooting range and showed my character how to use a bow. I leveled up four or five Archery levels from that. Nice little story/quest thing.

AEREC

The hell, are you walking everywhere? I'm 74 hours and level 57. I cheesed the last couple of levels, but still...

Im 74 hours in and Im only at level 26 or 27...I dont use fast travel at all, except for the wagons at the 5 major holds. I also havent purchased any training yet.

Damn...
attacking a fort with the stormcloaks and calling in Oddviiking for support
...is pretty freaking awesome.

I
called in Odahviing
during the
assault on Windhelm with the Legion
. It was glorious.
I'd be fighting some Stormcloaks when a shadow would pass overhead, and suddenly the Stormcloaks pelting me with arrows from afar would be on fire. He stuck around for a long while, too, which was nice.

Plasmid

Was exploring the south side of the map, when I came across a woman living on the top of a mountain who trained me in archering. It wasn't the usual "buy training" stuff, she actually took me out to a shooting range and showed my character how to use a bow. I leveled up four or five Archery levels from that. Nice little story/quest thing.

Oo where exactly?

Did you guys know j'zargo only has so much he can carry? :lol

HTuran

I temporarily forgot the name of the place, but it's pretty close to Riften, on the southwestern edge of the map. It's an ancient Nordic ruin atop a mountain, but its goddamn big. There's an
Imperial trooper stationed outside and he explains it's a Dragon Cultist hideout the ancient Nords sacked before the First Era. There's an undead Dragon Priest in there, and Tullius apparently wants his mask to aid him in the war effort.

Kind of odd, considering the war's already over, and my character had the option of telling the guy "Tullius never mentioned you". To which, I might add, he reacted weirdly, so there's probably more to this than meets the eye.

Anyway, I head into the crypt expecting Draugr, but instead come face to face with the
ghostly apparitions of Dragon Cultists. They're wielding the common Ancient Nord weapons, but they also drop Ancient Nord armor. I already picked up a helmet in an earlier dungeon somewhere and ran around with it for a long while because it looks so damned awesome: now that I have a full set I might just upgrade it and switch to that.

I had to save and quit shortly into the dungeon, but I definitely can't wait to go back in tomorrow. There's a word wall there, too, so that's a nice bonus.

Sorry if the language's not completely polished: it's late and I'm kinda tired, so I didn't feel like going over my text again. :lol It should be readable enough, I think.

You're in for a treat :)

Lakitu

st5fu
Well, it's not like the quests give you experience anyway, they're just for direction and rewards. It's actually mind blowing when I think about how hard it is to play 100 hours and only be level 35.

That's how I usually play. Hell, I've played nearly 300 hours of Oblivion and I'm only level 25. Never bothered levelling up skills I'm not going to use.

Cudder

I like "clearing" or almost clearing all quests in one city before I move onto another. For that reason I'm still in Whiterun and haven't stepped foot in another city. Now I'm getting quests that are making me go to other cities fuuuuuu

Jonm1010

Banned
I think an interesting expansion would be to investigate Morrowind now that it would be destroyed. Anyone have any ideas on what possible expansions could be, or what they would like to see.

I can also almost guarantee that TES VI will have something to do with the Aldameri Dominion.

My personal guess, considering it will be on a console that can support something even bigger and better than Skyrim I expect it to be even more dynamic than TES V. Where you can choose your side and the game completely changes based upon that, or something like that.

That whole gate thing that leads to morowind from the link is certainly interesting.

Does anyone have any numbers on how well previous DLC for Fallout and Oblivion did? If they're highly bought it might indicate a willingness to invest in some pretty massive DLC.

As much as I would love it, I do however feel like the whole of morowind and oblivion being DLC would be more hassle than the payoff. Nor do I think the sales and opportunity costs would justify it. Given that Bethesda is probably gearing up for a fallout 4 and either currently or soon to be developing a new engine for next gen. I can't see how the massive resources needed to create a whole other land mass would be justified if its only going to be DLC and in GOTY editions.

mileS

Gen X I'm not sure how you made those screens or where you uploaded them but I'm pretty sure I haven't loaded pics that slow since I first had a connection slower than 56k. You really might want to consider uploading them to another host or changes the file types.

So if you stay at level 1 or 2 and sell during the day can't you do exactly that?

Or do you mean that feeding kills people?
I'm a Mage who could burn Solitude down, I couldn't care less about a bonus for sneaking or illusion spells. So, again, what do I get for being an awesome creature of the night? My char still looks as beautiful as ever (I think :lol).

Oh, and feeding kills people?

Gen X I'm not sure how you made those screens or where you uploaded them but I'm pretty sure I haven't loaded pics that slow since I first had a connection slower than 56k. You really might want to consider uploaded them to another host or changes the file types.

Yeah, seriously. And resize those things while you're at it.

AEREC

I
called in Odahviing
during the
assault on Windhelm with the Legion
. It was glorious.
I'd be fighting some Stormcloaks when a shadow would pass overhead, and suddenly the Stormcloaks pelting me with arrows from afar would be on fire. He stuck around for a long while, too, which was nice.

Ya...Im already looking forward to that with Solitude.

So I bought and fully upgraded the home in solitude, and I have to say, it's pretty disappointing compared to the whiterun home. In whiterun I had a handy pouch right on the alchemy table with which to store my alchemy materials. Another handy chest in the same room held my smithing materials and misc stuff. The barrel just outside that door held my food. The chest in the bedroom held spare weapons/armor, and of course the jewels went in the side table next to the bed. It all made sense!

In solitude, there's not even a cupboard or anything to store my crap next to the alchemy table. The enchanting table is nice, but no chest to keep my weapons/armor in? Really? I have to resort to keeping all my food in a cupboard in the kitchen and it just doesn't flow as nicely. The bedroom is nice with the safe and all but I feel like the design of this home is pretty poor.

Are there any other homes that have alchemy/enchanting tables and is designed a little better? Obviously because I like the whiterun home it doesn't have to be big. Just has to make sense for someone who actually tries to make sense of their skyrim home.

MrBig

Went to check out the pass to morrowind. Once I got to the gate I was attacked by a dragon and a random wood elf passing by. Beautiful.

Ya...Im already looking forward to that with Solitude.

Rebel scum.

Went to check out the pass to morrowind. Once I got to the gate I was attacked by a dragon and a random wood elf passing by. Beautiful.
I got attacked by a Khajiit that passed by riding a horse. The horse didn't have a saddle and the Khajiit (it was literally an NPC named "Khajiit") was clad in Elven Armor. I saw them approaching and figured they'd be friendly, so I waited for them, to see if they'd pass to Morrowind.

As soon as the Khajiit notices me it goes hostile. Furry son of a bitch.

Rebel scum.

I got attacked by a Khajiit that passed by riding a horse. The horse didn't have a saddle and the Khajiit (it was literally an NPC named "Khajiit") was clad in Elven Armor. I saw them approaching and figured they'd be friendly, so I waited for them, to see if they'd pass to Morrowind.

As soon as the Khajiit notices me it goes hostile. Furry son of a bitch.

Meow, did he scratch ya, meow?

Top Bottom