• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

Are there any real drawbacks to becoming a werewolf? I'm guessing that
I have to become one to finish out the Companion quests.....right?

You don't get the well rested bonus when sleeping in your bed, that's it. So there's no real disadvantage.

Woorloog

Banned
CHEEZMO™;32896164 said:
If you go the Imperial route, do you have to be chummy with the smug-as-fuck Thalmor?

I want to support the Empire but hate the Thalmor :/

Why i can't join the Thalmor? Seriously, i play as a High Elf (assassing/thief/mage/warrior?/vampire?/werewolf?) and i want to kick both the Empire's and Stormcloak ass!
Well this character wants to, anyway.
Are Thalmor unjoinable because they're kind of fantasy Nazis? Or why?
The Elder Scrolls series biggest fault is, in my opinion, that you can never join the bad guys. Would be nice what-if scenario, doesn't need to become canon of course. The Sixth House, the Mythic Dawn, the Thalmor...
Also... we can join the Dark Brotherhood and other shady people, why not the main bad guys?

How does the Bribery perk in Speech work? I suppose it is too much to hope i could bribe guards beforehand to ignore whatever i'm going to do next with it.

So...

Elder Scrolls MMO would be awesome. There would need to be more depth to a lot of things (skills, crafting, etc.), but the vastness and richness of the world is there, along with a good variety of races to choose from.

Hell, even something more akin to a Dark Souls or Diablo would be nice.

Definitely wouldn't want it to take away from the mainline single-player games though - no one else really makes games like this (anymore) besides Bethesda/Obsidian.

Ketch

So I guess the quest to unlock the house in Windhelm for purchase is bugged, so I'll never get to buy it =(

Saved up the 12k and really wanted to have a house in the *real* capital of the true sons of skyrim.

Woorloog

Banned
So...

Elder Scrolls MMO would be awesome. There would need to be more depth to a lot of things (skills, crafting, etc.), but the vastness and richness of the world is there, along with a good variety of races to choose from.

Definitely wouldn't want it to take away from the mainline single-player games though - no one else really makes games like this (anymore) besides Bethesda/Obsidian.

The only correct way to make TES MMO would be to make it fantasy equivalent of EVE Online. Fucking big open world, sandbox gameplay. No WoW-themepark bullshit for TES. Can be fun, works well for somethings but never for TES.

MrBig

Yeah Cicero.... lol. Funniest character I've seen in Skyrim yet.

What really interesting about him is that you may happen to pass by him before joining the DB.

I ran into him and
reported the carriage he had as contraband, since I found him annoying. Then when I joined the DB I found out that it was the Night Mother in there and he reacted to me sending him to jail

Pretty great

HTuran

Oh lord, new favourite weapon. Only because it makes dagger backstab animations that much better.

TNNS0l.jpg

Ql6Mql.jpg

iNvid02

What really interesting about him is that you may happen to pass by him before joining the DB.

I ran into him and
reported the carriage he had as contraband, since I found him annoying. Then when I joined the DB I found out that it was the Night Mother in there and he reacted to me sending him to jail

Pretty great

go visit that farm again, the one where the guy and his wife refused to help cicero, calling him crazy.

trust me

putarorex

I love this game but christ the PS3 version is pretty much unplayable once your save file gets pretty large. Frame rate drops to single digits. It made me accidently kill Lydia. hehe.

I might take a break until they patch the damn thing. Or, I could start a new character and hope the framerate goes back to the smoother levels I saw with my mage.

lol hammerfall literally proved that the thalmor could be fought

dont be a pussy

fight for the glorious nord master race

Hammerfell by itself drove out the Aldmeri, there's nothing preordained about a Dominion victory.

Exactly, and the more provinces that fight the Thalmor, the more successful the campaigns will be. If Hammerfell can hold out and force a ceasefire with territorial boundaries, Skyrim sure as hell can do the same. Especially since I'm the goddam Dovahkin.

Of course they beat the Thalmor, they got curved swords. Curved. Swords.

Lore-race-Redguard.png

I junked my level 25 super sneaky assassin type to play a full-on mage (hands only!). Sneaking around the world is fun for a time but it gets old as the stealth in this game is pretty one-dimensional.

I'm only level 8 or so with my mage and I feel like a tiny god. Burning shit alive is fun.

Chuck

Still without luck
Anyone know of a mod that will put all of the items in a chest or drawer into different categories like they are in your inventory?

I want to just put all of my extra stuff I don't want to sell into one storage place like I did in Fallout 3 and not have to scroll down a giant alphabetical list to find what I'm looking for. This seems like an oversight to me since it was in Fallout 3.

edit: maybe I should put this into the modding thread... >_>

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
hammerfall can hold them off.
maybe skyrim can too.

But nothing short of a unified front will push them back into their homeland and burn it around them.

Codeblew

Is there a way in the PS3 version to quickly switch between bow and sword? I know about the shorcut menu but that is still kind of tedious.

Carcetti

hammerfall can hold them off.
maybe skyrim can too.

But nothing short of a unified front will push them back into their homeland and burn it around them.

This is Elder Scrolls, military might can be turned around with some heavy elder scrollery. If all else fails build a third Numidium, can't go wrong with a god mecha.

Is there a way in the PS3 version to quickly switch between bow and sword? I know about the shorcut menu but that is still kind of tedious.
1. Add each to your favorites.

2. Access your favorites menu (up on the D-pad). When on the weapon of your choice, hold left or right on the D-pad for a few seconds. A number 1 or 2 will appear next to the item, corresponding with whatever direction you held.

3. You can now push L/R on the D-pad to switch between the two. :)

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Quick question: near the small settlement near Riften I came across a guard tower with 4 dead Stormcloack guards there. One of them had a note warning of approaching Imperial scouts.

Whats the dealio?

ScRYeD

Are there any real drawbacks to becoming a werewolf? I'm guessing that
I have to become one to finish out the Companion quests.....right?

There is a quest, just after becoming a werewolf that pissed me off,
raiding a silver hand stronghold as a werewolf

vareon

So...

Awesome until I met an elf called sKyR4z0r-haXx or something. I feel like the best way to destroy the world crafted by bethesda is by putting real people in it. I'd take my stupid Lydia over some random dude who can't even spell right and decided to just tag along.

2. Access your favorites menu (up on the D-pad). When on the weapon of your choice, hold left or right on the D-pad for a few seconds. A number 1 or 2 will appear next to the item, corresponding with whatever direction you held.

WHAT!???? HOLY FUCKING SHIT MY MIND IS FUCKING BLOWN

Yeah, fuck the Dominion AND the Empire, which isn't even an Empire anymore, Morrowind is still destroyed, Blackmarsh seceded after the Obivion crisis, Summerset, Valenwood and Elseweyr are Aldmeri and Hammerfell is in civil war and you can see the situation in Skyrim, Titus Mede II sold the very soul of the Empire to clench to a miserable shadow of it's former self, and rules under the Aldmeri boot, the Empire died with the blood of the Dragonborn and Martin Septim.

And I just can't get over what freaking hypocrites the Thalmor are, preaching about how a mortal can't become a divine, watch if if talos had been an elf, they'd already put it above Akatosh in the hierarchy.

Wallach

lol hammerfall literally proved that the thalmor could be fought

dont be a pussy

fight for the glorious nord master race

Hammerfell didn't really prove shit, other than that the Thalmor were right about how easy to manipulate the territories of the Imperial Empire were. The Imperials were the ones that proved you could fight the Thalmor, when they won the Battle of the Red Ring and essentially routed the Thalmor in Cyrodiil. Winning a battle doesn't win you a war, though, and the Imperials still signed the White-Gold Concordat with terms that were basically the same terms the Thalmor demanded before the war even happened. Only after the Thalmor lose the vast majority of standing forces there are the Redguards even able to fight them to a standstill.

The Nords are fools for fighting a war over being able to worship Talos when they've clearly forgotten how he came to be a hero-god in the first place.

Woorloog

Banned
I don't care about an MMO. All I want is co-op in ES6. I wanted it in Skyrim sooooo bad.

Awesome, another who wants co-op to TES. I'd limit it to two players only though, and nothing extra, no matchmaking (invite the other one), scoring, leaderboards or anything else.

Fou-Lu

I junked my level 25 super sneaky assassin type to play a full-on mage (hands only!). Sneaking around the world is fun for a time but it gets old as the stealth in this game is pretty one-dimensional.

I'm only level 8 or so with my mage and I feel like a tiny god. Burning shit alive is fun.

I kind of wish I'd gone full mage instead of battle mage. I find myself barely using my maces, even though it is fun to feel like Sauron once and a while. If I'd went full mage all my one handed perks could've went into alteration and making shielding spells useful.

Morrowind, maybe, but calling it worse than closing those fucking Oblivion gates is madness.

I was thinking purely in story terms, but yeah, the quest design is much better than those awful Oblivion Gates. To be honest, I've forgotten a lot about Oblivion's main quest, but Skyrim's main quest line isn't very good and ends very poorly.

Fou-Lu

I was thinking purely in story terms, but yeah, the quest design is much better than those awful Oblivion Gates. To be honest, I've forgotten a lot about Oblivion's main quest, but Skyrim's main quest line isn't very good and ends very poorly.

Just the fact that you are the fucking Dovahkiin in Skyrim makes the story infinitely better than Oblivion from the beginning.

Codeblew

Awesome. Thanks!

Log4Girlz

Fucking 50 hours already....fucking 50 hours.

The follow up to this game on a next-gen system with an engine from ID...you know what it should be illegal.

I kind of wish I'd gone full mage instead of battle mage. I find myself barely using my maces, even though it is fun to feel like Sauron once and a while. If I'd went full mage all my one handed perks could've went into alteration and making shielding spells useful.
Yeah, the ward spells are surprisingly strong. I'm kind of a glass cannon though, I need to up my conjuration skills. to deflect attention away from me lol.

Woorloog

Banned
Do we think the DLC will go to someplace otherworldly like the Shivering Isles or to another province or add significant content to the land of Skyrim?

Personally i wish for additional landmass, if not whole provinces (though High Rock wouldn't be too large, nor Summerset Isles if it is scaled down) then at least parts of them. Visiting Morrowind would be nice, Vvardenfell especially. Seeing how it has changed over 200+ years...
Shivering Isles was pretty good but not more Planes of Oblivion please, unless it is just a visit for one quest.
Skyrim has a lot of content already so i don't think it needs more, other than allowing us to divorce, remarry and/or have multiple spouses, own stores and shops and stuff, fund building cities or some cool stuff like that.

HTuran

Do we think the DLC will go to someplace otherworldly like the Shivering Isles or to another province or add significant content to the land of Skyrim?

That's a good question.

Most likely, we'll have a portal to another world, or somesuch. The problem with landmass is that they'll have to create all new borders to stop the player wondering off the map.

Personally i wish for additional landmass, if not whole provinces (though High Rock wouldn't be too large, nor Summerset Isles if it is scaled down) then at least parts of them. Visiting Morrowind would be nice, Vvardenfell especially. Seeing how it has changed over 200+ years...
Shivering Isles was pretty good but not more Planes of Oblivion please, unless it is just a visit for one quest.
Skyrim has a lot of content already so i don't think it needs more, other than allowing us to divorce, remarry and/or have multiple spouses, own stores and shops and stuff, fund building cities or some cool stuff like that.

Also any number of followers with actual personality wouldn't hurt, but I guess that's Obsidian-only.

Woorloog

Banned
Also any number of followers with actual personality wouldn't hurt, but I guess that's Obsidian-only.

That would be nice certainly. With good romance quests... Obsidian doesn't seem to be doing those though. BioWare? Eh, no, not for Skyrim.
Would buy companion packs as DLC certainly, if they're good. On 360 of course, on PC i'll just wait for modders to do them.

EDIT Love the quick edit interface.

Top Bottom