• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

Wanace

I switched up my playstyle so I could level up faster. Put on all heavy armor, and ditched my destruction spells for a shield. Kept my one-handed sword because I still have some points to gain there. Now when I block it takes no time at all to gain a point.

Echoplx

Achievement for doing 10 sidequests won't pop for me. I'm sure I've done at least that many.

You'd be surprised, I've played for 140 hours and only done around 20, a lot of them are filtered into misc

Check your general stats to see how many you've actually done.

Sethos

Banned
... Dammit

KkEs6.jpg

Sai-kun

Banned
I just got this game. I started playing at...2 am?

It's 6:40 now...

what will become of me?

edit: i've never played an elder scrolls game before this. i'm really enjoying it so far :)

Mik2121

I just got this game. I started playing at...2 am?

It's 6:40 now...

what will become of me?

edit: i've never played an elder scrolls game before this. i'm really enjoying it so far :)

That's only the beginning. Before you know you will have put already 40 hours in the game and feel like you're just now starting to get a grip of the whole thing, and then you'll be even more addicted :p

Dmax3901

Man, the dungeons you go to for the Jarl of Makarth are fucking awesome. As soon as I think I'm burned out on this game I turn a corner and get gobsmacked all over again.

76 hours and counting.

bunbun777

Lol.

So seriously, I'm pissed. I don't know how to fix this Karliah not meeting me glitch. Really want to finish up the Thieves Guild quest line here.

It took me 3 times of loading my save right before you start the thing-- the third time I took my clothes off--- don't know if it helped or not.

Abylim

Life is good again, I killed the two redguard/al'akir guys that will NOT LEAVE WHITERUN. they left, after I threw them(and the two guards who may have seen my misdeeds) into the river. It wasnt good enough, no I spread the legs of each of them, then proceeded to place the other guys face up his ass. I did a "conga line" of this.

All is well in Whiterun, might go after Eorlund next. Gods be praised... STOP SAYING IT!!

Dresden

Just spent an hour wandering around looking for mines and mining said mines. Found one for Malachite and one for Ebony all in close proximity.

So good.

e: also I'm getting fond of Marcurio.

Lakitu

st5fu
So, how do I
lift the Whispering Door key?
Every time I try to get it, I get caught. I'm even using a potion of invisibility. Farengar wakes up every time I try to steal it.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Only had time to play for about 30 minutes a day for the last 3 days...This quest i got from a book has taken me 3 days if i look at that way.

Look forward to playing this game for another 10 years at least.

cackhyena

It took me 3 times of loading my save right before you start the thing-- the third time I took my clothes off--- don't know if it helped or not.

Haha, really? I guess I can give it a shot, thanks.

"I took my clothes off--- don't know if it helped or not"

Now that's a tag if I ever saw one.

bengraven

Does the Jarl of Riften offer you anymore quests after you buy a house? I had to return to her after I bought one, but it's glitched and it won't let me finish the mini-quest. I have no conversation prompt.

I haven't even got her to let me buy one yet. I'm assuming one of my dozens if not hundreds of misc quests are a favor for her or her sidekick, but I'm not sure which one and the wiki is still missing that information. :/

Life is good again, I killed the two redguard/al'akir guys that will NOT LEAVE WHITERUN. they left, after I threw them(and the two guards who may have seen my misdeeds) into the river. It wasnt good enough, no I spread the legs of each of them, then proceeded to place the other guys face up his ass. I did a "conga line" of this.

All is well in Whiterun, might go after Eorlund next. Gods be praised... STOP SAYING IT!!

Wow, are you me 12 hours ago? I got sick of those two as well, then later went and finally grabbed Eorlund.

Echoplx

I played for 140 hours and only have 20 saves, I don't see the need to have so many when there's three autosaves plus a quicksave which I do often.

ruxtpin

Banned
My faithful steward Lydia passed away last night! Woe is me. We were attempting to conquer Volunruud and a misplaced shout put her and a restless draugr in their final resting place.

I wanted to drag her and place her in a tomb for proper 'rights' but she was a bit to heavy.

Question about an early Dark Brotherhood quest:

Woman tells me to kill a dude, and then she offers me another optional quest to kill a woman. I find the optional woman first. Follow her around town, wait until the middle of the night and break into her house. She's sleeping. As soon as I approach her bed, even when I'm sneaking, she wakes up and suddenly a guard is in the house and I'm screwed. I could not figure out how to kill her; no matter what I did, the guard appeared immediately when I killed her. And there's another woman upstairs in the house who comes down immediately as well. How was I supposed to kill that optional lady?

Echoplx

Woman tells me to kill a dude, and then she offers me another optional quest to kill a woman. I find the optional woman first. Follow her around town, wait until the middle of the night and break into her house. She's sleeping. As soon as I approach her bed, even when I'm sneaking, she wakes up and suddenly a guard is in the house and I'm screwed. I could not figure out how to kill her; no matter what I did, the guard appeared immediately when I killed her. And there's another woman upstairs in the house who comes down immediately as well. How was I supposed to kill that optional lady?

Be glad you didn't manage to kill her, if you do it breaks the quest in Windhelm to get the house.

Jintor

I love when the little cinematics kick in for my backstab insta-victories.

For that target, I just ambushed them outside their house when nobody was around.

ruxtpin

Banned

Are you a werewolf? I had the exact same issue, until I realized that I could kill folks as a werewolf and leave my record basically unscathed when I was in human form. Find a spot to transform, attack as she walks around town, escape the city and win. If you're not a werewolf assassin, then I can't offer much help.

Jintor

By the way, I heard using the console breaks Steam achievements, is this true? I used the console to take some HUDless screenies a while back and I can't recall seeing any achievements since. Not that I really give a shit, but still.

Derrick01

Banned
Achievement for doing 10 sidequests won't pop for me. I'm sure I've done at least that many.

You would be surprised. When you get guild quests, civil war quests, daedric quests and stuff like that the game puts them in the mix with your main and actual side quests so they appear as side quests, but they really aren't.

It took me well over 50 hours to get that achievement. One of the things I accidentally spoiled myself when I looked at the strategy guide was how many actual side quests there are and you might be surprised at the number. I'll spoil it below

(number of side quests, don't look if you don't want to know obviously)
only 23

Ponti

By the way, I heard using the console breaks Steam achievements, is this true? I used the console to take some HUDless screenies a while back and I can't recall seeing any achievements since. Not that I really give a shit, but still.
I've used a bunch and am still getting achievements. Seems some commands do and some don't. You can always get around it by entering whatever command you want then closing and reopening the game. Console commands won't perma break achievements.

Are you a werewolf? I had the exact same issue, until I realized that I could kill folks as a werewolf and leave my record basically unscathed when I was in human form. Find a spot to transform, attack as she walks around town, escape the city and win. If you're not a werewolf assassin, then I can't offer much help.

I am, and that didn't occur to me. But there must be some other way to do it if you're not a werewolf, right? The questgiver gave me poison to use, but it looks like it can only be put on a weapon, and that doesn't seem like it would have helped me, since she kept waking up before I could get close enough to use a weapon, poison or not.

Echoplx

Crap.

Seriously?

Yeah, the NPC you kill is meant to be killed by someone else, and your quest to get the house is to investigate the murder, but if you kill her none of this triggers and thus you can't get the house.

Should I spoiler tag that?

Enco

Well how did you do it?

I haven't tried getting the Windhelm house yet. I killed the old woman first and then I killed her in the streets (I think).

Yeah, the NPC you kill is meant to be killed by someone else, and your quest to get the house is to investigate the murder, but if you kill her none of this triggers and thus you can't get the house.

Should I spoiler tag that?
Well that's stupid. Couldn't they have used another NPC? What about the radiant quest system? Ah well. I don't want to live in Windhelm anyway.

Dunlop

Are you told when a companion (or follower) is dead.

The very first time I bring Lydia out with me I come across another dragon, during the battle it became night time and when I killed it I noticed she was not around. Went on with my questing but now I see is she is not in Dragon Reach, she gone forever?

Top Bottom