• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

Nocebo

So can someone help me beat
Morokei
? This is actually my first REAL challenge and hes kicking my ass :(. I have the
slow time
shout but I dont have any dragons souls to use on it. If I leave the dungeoon and come back will I have to beat all of the Draugrs and skeletons and the
bone dragon
again. Im a level 22 battle mage ATM with only a flame atronach. Maybe I should grab another mage to help me?
You could try to run around the room hiding from sight as much as possible and keep summoning your flame atronach as close to him as possible. It may take a while but your atronach should be able to kill him. Also while he's attacking your atronach you could try to sneak some hits in with a ranged spell.

Cudder

Why, when I look in my chest, is all my shit clumped together in one, huge list?

Shit needs to be separated into categories like it is in my inventory, Christ.

Hyunkel6

Level 42, and I can take on almost everyone, except higher level mages, especially the ones who spam spells. Which skills increase magic defense? Alteration?

Wallach

Level 42, and I can take on almost everyone, except higher level mages, especially the ones who spam spells. Which skills increase magic defense? Alteration?

There are perks in Alteration that increase magic resistance and magic absorption, yeah. Restoration has active spells called Wards that work kind of like melee shields, but drain mana while you have them raised. There's also just plain magic resistance which you can enchant on multiple slots, and two different Guardian Stones you can get to help (Lord is 25% magic resist and 50 points armor, Atronach is 50 magick and 50% magic absorption, causes half magicka regen).

Log4Girlz

The ones who really fuck me over are fire mages, everything else falls down dead pretty quick...I just picked up a 40% resist to fire helmet though...I'm taking that on every adventure I go on.

Jeff Chen

Banned
On the way back to civilization, I find a Stormcloak scavenger inspecting a fallen comrade. I take him down when he attacks, and find two naked soldiers, two dead Imperial scumbags and two more (clothed) dead Stormcloaks.

WTF did I walk in on?

Must be those who tried to make me pay them 100 coins, pretending to be imperial soldiers. But their names were just "soilder" if you look closely.

Holy shit. I just fucking killed a dragon. The "soul absorption" animation started to go through, then THE FUCKING THING CAME BACK TO LIFE. It got a full life bar, and before I knew it, it OHKO'd me with one of those stupid bites. I then ragequitted.

WTF SKYRIM?

Wallach

Holy shit. I just fucking killed a dragon. The "soul absorption" animation started to go through, then THE FUCKING THING CAME BACK TO LIFE. It got a full life bar, and before I knew it, it OHKO'd me with one of those stupid bites. I then ragequitted.

WTF SKYRIM?

Hahaha.

Think you killed a dragon? NOPE. SKYRIM.

GhaleonEB

Must be those who tried to make me pay them 100 coins, pretending to be imperial soldiers. But their names were just "soilder" if you look closely.

Ah, that's right. I remember reading a mention about them from a few pages back. Something must have gone awry right before I got there; Stormcloak and Imperial soldiers never mix well. :lol

Hyunkel6

There are perks in Alteration that increase magic resistance and magic absorption, yeah. Restoration has active spells called Wards that work kind of like melee shields, but drain mana while you have them raised. There's also just plain magic resistance which you can enchant on multiple slots, and two different Guardian Stones you can get to help (Lord is 25% magic resist and 50 points armor, Atronach is 50 magick and 50% magic absorption, causes half magicka regen).
Thank you! Definitely going to look for those Guardian Stones!

Log4Girlz

Alright guys, I seriously need help with this. I can't use a bow and arrow anymore :(

I've tried 2 different kinds of bows and 3 different kinds of arrows, and no matter what I use, after I hold the attack button down for a few seconds (making it as powerful a shot as possible), my arrows still just flop and hit the ground after a couple feet.

I checked the magic effects screen and I'm not poisoned or anything. For the record, I've a Nord who's big on two handed weapons.

Any ideas on how to fix this??

Did you try what I told you yet? This is the second time I've given this advice..I MUST KNOW.

Wallach

Thank you! Definitely going to look for those Guardian Stones!

Be mindful of magic absorption if you are a heavy Conjuration user, it's bugged and you'll absorb your own summon casts as if they were hostile spells (so with Atronach you'll have a 50% chance of failing to cast a summon). If you are a warrior or something though I heartily recommend Atronach.

Anteater

omg Faendal is dead :(, last time I couldn't find him in the village and a dragon attacked, I slayed the dragon and I was worrying if he was killed but I couldn't find his body, so I left town and today I went back to see if I could buy some soul gems there, I saw a body lying face down right in the middle of the road beside a chicken, I approached him with my new buddy Marcurio and I find out it is indeed Faendal :((((((((

His body is right where the dragon corpse was :(, the dragon corpse is gone though.

RIP man, we had great times together, you taught me archery, you didn't say a word when I asked for those gold back when I was in need, you were the true hero in Skyrim.

omg Faendal is dead :(, last time I couldn't find him in the village and a dragon attacked, I slayed the dragon and I was worrying if he was killed but I couldn't find his body, so I left town and today I went back to see if I could buy some soul gems there, I saw a body lying face down right in the middle of the road beside a chicken, I approached him with my new buddy Marcurio and I find out it is indeed Faendal :((((((((

His body is right where the dragon corpse was :(, the dragon corpse is gone though.

RIP man, we had great times together, you taught me archery, you didn't say a word when I asked for those gold back when I was in need, you were the true hero in Skyrim.
Free house!

Zeliard

Haha Dead Thrall continues to be a joy. Permanently resurrecting these badass named NPCs and watching them wreck havoc on my behalf. I Dead Thrall'd this named mage guy who is basically Marcurio v2. Just abuses people with lightning spells, and he's also great at using wards against other mages.

And they're so much more convenient than having a companion around, since I don't have to worry nearly as much about friendly fire with Destruction spells.

Forkball

I did the Taste of Death quest. Pretty creepy, but it had a great reward. I also
killed all the cannibals after the quest ended. Take THAT you man-eating scum!
I also started the Dark Brotherhood quests, the intro was fantastic.

Also all girls in Skyrim should dress like Hroki.

Dresden

On the way back to civilization, I find a Stormcloak scavenger inspecting a fallen comrade. I take him down when he attacks, and find two naked soldiers, two dead Imperial scumbags and two more (clothed) dead Stormcloaks.

WTF did I walk in on?

An equal-opportunity vulture.

help im still stuck at the collage. what spell do i bave to learn, and whom do i learn it from?

We cant help if you dont know which spell it is you have to show Faralda! Sometimes she asks for you to show here a Conjuration spell, and sometimes she asks for a a restoration spell. Both of those can be bought from the mage at the Jarls Castle in Dragonsearch!

What Wallach said.

You could try to run around the room hiding from sight as much as possible and keep summoning your flame atronach as close to him as possible. It may take a while but your atronach should be able to kill him. Also while he's attacking your atronach you could try to sneak some hits in with a ranged spell.
I beat him
I hired Marcurio and we beat him so bad he started fleeing! lol

GhaleonEB

I bought the house in Markarth, with all the upgrades, and am shocked at A) how awesome it is and B) how utterly stocked the place is. It's bursting with goodies. Got a huge grin on my face walking into the alchemy room, good grief!

Dagger display cases, 3 bookcases that hold 54 books each, piles of metal ingots....it was like walking into a giant Christmas present.

Arjen

I bought the house in Markarth, with all the upgrades, and am shocked at A) how awesome it is and B) how utterly stocked the place is. It's bursting with goodies. Got a huge grin on my face walking into the alchemy room, good grief!

Dagger display cases, 3 bookcases that hold 54 books each, piles of metal ingots....it was like walking into a giant Christmas present.

Yeah that house is so awesome, i'm afraid i'll have to move al my stuff from Whiterun there.

Wallach

Fucking god damnit why have I never taken my mage to Markath yet...

What the fuck.......o_O???
How the hell did you manage that?

Just fast-traveled to a location of a Dark Brotherhood target, all of a sudden a dragon drops dead directly in front of me with a loud boom (scared me pretty good). I had been to the location before but didn't kill a dragon (especially since this one had not been looted for bones/scales and still had its soul). A nice surprise.

How much is it?

shaowebb

Just fast-traveled to a location of a Dark Brotherhood target, all of a sudden a dragon drops dead directly in front of me with a loud boom (scared me pretty good). I had been to the location before but didn't kill a dragon (especially since this one had not been looted for bones/scales and still had its soul). A nice surprise.

I'm sorry I'm new to Skyrim and haven't bought it yet...can people online maybe play in your world like in Dark Souls? Like did you maybe scalp someone else's prize after they fought one?

If not and this is single player offline...wow Bethesda. Just wow.

I'm at 91 hours with most of the quests done except for the thieves guild (
don't wanna give up that skeleton key until i'm done with everything else!
) but I just ended up finishing the last of the main quest line. Five achievements to go! :p

Hate to break it to ya but you're stalling at the midway point of the Thieves Guild quest line.

xxczx

I'm sorry I'm new to Skyrim and haven't bought it yet...can people online maybe play in your world like in Dark Souls? Like did you maybe scalp someone else's prize after they fought one?

There's no online.

He said he had been there before and didn't kill a dragon, it's most likely the guards that killed it.

It's the latter, unfortunately.

And holy hell, it is RAINING DRAGONS now!!!!!!! Went into the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary to turn in a kill, leave and I have a dragon skeleton (that was not there 2 minutes ago when I entered) fall in front of me. This one had no soul or bones to loot, though.

There's no online.

He said he had been there before and didn't kill a dragon, it's most likely the guards that killed it.
It was a small mill with only 2 NPCs (one of which I killed) and no guards in sight.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Made it to Blackreach. Definitely one of the highest points of the series. How beautiful is that place? Jesus.

Also that Daedric Glove under the Mages College is fucking creepy. I have no idea what it does though.

Shoogoo

I tried Bosmer and was disappointed by their innate ability, controlling an animal once a day is a bit meh.

What's the coolest race power and why?

Nah this shit is single player off line.

The other day I was at a Stormcloak camp and rode my horse to a dungeon entrance. When I got off the horse he/she flew 250 feet in the air, landed and died.

I was sad.

Nose Master

People should probably take advantage of the mid-game difficulty change more.

I don't doubt that a lot of people will balk at the idea thinking it's cheating.

But because of the number of quest lines and the scaling and all the thousands of other variables that can affect encounter difficulty, the design choice is to allow players to tailor the difficulty on the fly as required. There are going to be some sections that are just too frustrating on your current difficulty level, just as there are going to be some sections that are just too easy. Adjust accordingly to receive the best play experience.

OTOH, if it's already on the easiest mode and you're still having trouble... try grinding, or not playing games.

I recently bumpoed it up myself. Adept @ 35, everything went down in one or two hits. Never even had to use my shield.

Top Bottom