• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

shaowebb

Nah this shit is single player off line.

The other day I was at a Stormcloak camp and rode my horse to a dungeon entrance. When I got off the horse he/she flew 250 feet in the air, landed and died.

I was sad.

SOLD. Fucking SOLD. I am not even joking. Glitches and bugs? I'm gonna troll this shit harder that Fallout 3. I haven't heard of shit that buggy since Jerry the Retarded Horse in Two Worlds or the Buggies in Red Dead.

SteveWD40

Thieves Guild:

WTF? Shortest guild line ever? In Oblivion I had to actually be a thief and steal shit just to get to the point where they gave me commissions. In Skyrim I frame a guy for something, do some fetch quests and then am head of the fucking guild? I have stolen jack shit for them really and they have known me for about a week...

Also the Nightingale Armour is brokenly good, but will it scale? I got it at lvl 17 so is it going to be crap by lvl 30? Surprised I got it all in one go for so little work.

Very disappointed, I loved having to actually be a Thief in Oblivion, casing rich mens houses in the nicer towns from balcony's / rooftops was awesome. I know I can still do that but as head of the Guild it seems a bit silly I wouldn't just send a footpad to do it.

I was hoping for an option to nominate the dark elf chick to be the head.

Tr4nce

Oh my god, that horse fail video is so funny! I think this is going to be Skyrim's equivalent to Oblivion's most funny fail:

IRfLy.gif

Also the Nightingale Armour is brokenly good, but will it scale? I got it at lvl 17 so is it going to be crap by lvl 30? Surprised I got it all in one go for so little work.
The power of the enchantment on the armor set scales based on your level when you first get it, but it doesn't get upgraded from that initial level. There are three versions of it depending on when you get it, but whichever version you get is the one you are stuck with.

I really wish i had some varied magic.
Destruction is pretty bland, Im like 81 into it and the only spell worth using is Firebolt. Everything else is either a massive mana drain VS dmg or the splash damage ends up killing my stupid conpanion.

Kind of wishing I had stuck to Necro now!

Theives quest was pretty good, just not sure I can be bothered to do the other guild quests though but oh well probably should get on and do the main quest seeing as all thats left is the dark brotherhood!

Thieves Guild:

WTF? Shortest guild line ever? In Oblivion I had to actually be a thief and steal shit just to get to the point where they gave me commissions. In Skyrim I frame a guy for something, do some fetch quests and then am head of the fucking guild? I have stolen jack shit for them really and they have known me for about a week...

Very disappointed, I loved having to actually be a Thief in Oblivion, casing rich mens houses in the nicer towns from balcony's / rooftops was awesome. I know I can still do that but as head of the Guild it seems a bit silly I wouldn't just send a footpad to do it.

Its not really "done" till youve done a billion sidequests for vex and the bald dude though.

Anteater

Enchanting is slow at 80 :(, merchants only having 1k gold on them doesn't speed it up for me either.
I'm probably going to find an enchanting trainer later.

Oh crap, I never really got round to talking to them... will they still give side quests to their new Guild Leader? Immersion breaker :(

Yeah I do agree with what you said though. I feel like you should have had to do a fair few of them before the bulk of the main stuff comes up because as you says it feels proper odd.

Log4Girlz

Thieves Guild:

Is it worth doing? Do I have to be sneaky? I'm wearing only heavy armor and have not invested a point into sneaking.

Rolled a new character and restarted the game last night - there were simply too many glitched quests to continue with my previous character. The Fighters & Thieves guild quests glitched, the quests that lead to you being given permission to buy houses in Markath and Solitude glitched, and the Clavicus Vile quest glitched, as well as about a dozen more miscellaneous quests that will forever remain unsolved due to yet more glitches. Really frustrating having to start over, but I was getting bored with my character anyway and had made a number of mistakes I won't be repeating this time around.

Also, the PS3 version needs that damn patch ASAP. It just becomes a bloated, unplayable mess the more you play it and your save file grows in size.

Wanace

I tried Bosmer and was disappointed by their innate ability, controlling an animal once a day is a bit meh.

What's the coolest race power and why?

Argonian Histskin saved my life on more than a few occasions, the health regen is pretty insane for 1 minute, usually enough to help you beat an enemy or get out of trouble.

Plus you can breathe underwater which is kinda fun too.

Marv_79

Neo Member
Skyrim killed my PS3 (80gig fat) last night :(

The reason I blame Skyrim is if it wasn't so damn addictive I wouldn't have forced my PS3 to play 48 hours of it in the last 5 days.

KingK

Started my 2nd character today (waiting on the PS3 patch to fix framerate before finishing my original character, who's level 37 right now).

Arya Stark (Nord): Level 11
I'm going for a straight stealth/assassin type, and it's been soooooooo satisfying so far. My sneak is already like level 48, and I have the x3 sneak damage with bows and x6 sneak damage with one-handed. Just got accepted into the Companions and finished the first story mission where you fight your first dragon. I think I'm gonna go directly to Riften now and start on the thieves guild. Maybe after doing a couple more miscellaneous quest dungeons around Whiterun. Also, nearly all of the perks in the Sneak and Archery trees seem awesome.

Shoogoo

Argonian Histskin saved my life on more than a few occasions, the health regen is pretty insane for 1 minute, usually enough to help you beat an enemy or get out of trouble.

Plus you can breathe underwater which is kinda fun too.

Is it also a 'once a day' thing? I like Khajit power in that you can use it every now and then.

Darklord

Banned
This might all be explained in some of the quests(or books) but who exactly are the Thalmor? There is the Dominion who seem to be one of the more powerful groups, the Imperials, the Stormcloaks and others who want a free Skyrim. Where do the Thalmor fit in? Cause they seem to be massive dicks so far.

ShinNL

Be mindful of magic absorption if you are a heavy Conjuration user, it's bugged and you'll absorb your own summon casts as if they were hostile spells (so with Atronach you'll have a 50% chance of failing to cast a summon). If you are a warrior or something though I heartily recommend Atronach.
So that is what is happening when I got my passive spell absorption perk from the Alteration tree! :O

Wow, that's actually mighty annoying then, because I really need the extra spell damage prevention as a melee user, but my main magic is conjuration :|

This might all be explained in some of the quests(or books) but who exactly are the Thalmor? There is the Dominion who seem to be one of the more powerful groups, the Imperials, the Stormcloaks and others who want a free Skyrim. Where do the Thalmor fit in? Cause they seem to be massive dicks so far.

The Thalmor are the alliance of High Elves & Wood Elves - they went to war with the Empire in the time between Oblivion and Skyrim, but there was no decisive victor and a peace treaty was signed, one of the prerequisites being that the Empire outlaw Talos worship (because Talos was not a true god, but rather a mortal man, Tiber Septim), which is what instigated the Stormcloak Rebellion.

The Thalmor are the political faction that rules the Aldmeri Dominion. They are extremists whose ultimate goal is to end the mortal realm (Mundus) by eliminating Talos worship and erasing humankind. The Thalmor believe that Mundus is bad, humans are bad, and that the only way to return to the time before they were mortal is to remove man completely from the wheel of possibility and that includes undoing what Tiber Septim/Talos had done.

eek5

You can brute force your way through it if you want. I'm not sure if there are any quests in this game that actually require stealth.

Some of the radiant quests require you to not kill anyone or go to jail so those have to be done somewhat stealthy. I don't think the main mission quests matter in TG though

Darklord

Banned
The Thalmor are the alliance of High Elves & Wood Elves - they went to war with the Empire in the time between Oblivion and Skyrim, but there was no decisive victor and a peace treaty was signed, one of the prerequisites being that the Empire outlaw Talos worship (because Talos was not a true god, but rather a mortal man, Tiber Septim), which is what instigated the Stormcloak Rebellion.

So the Thalmor ARE the Dominion? Just the heads and leaders? Where are the Dark Elves? Are they neutral? All I know is red mountain blew up or something and they had to flee Morrowind.

Also, am I the only one who thinks of DS9 when I hear talk of the dominion?

My character is progressing nicely. Did the main quest, the mage's college questline, and the companions. Currently focused on becoming a master of magic and unlocking dragon shouts.

Probably an unconventional build but I've also put a lot of points into 1-handed weapons and have been using bound swords, using no armour except for the occasional magical armour and relying on mobility to not get hit, and outhealing damage with Restoration spells. Plus the respite perk allows constant stamina refills for constant power attacks. Oh and decapitation finishers are awesome.

The one decision I regret at the moment is putting a point into the Disintegrate perk, because whenever I kill an enemy with lightning they end up as a pile of ash, which kind of gets boring visually. Unfortunately there's no way to reset perks in-game (Why?!) so unless I strike lucky with hex editing or someone makes an editor for this stuff then I'm screwed.

They really should allow the dev console in console versions. I don't care if it would be painful to type stuff in, you could solve so many bugs and issues with that thing.

NBtoaster

Finished the main quest.
I guess I agree with other people that were expecting more of an "ending". I didn't kill Paarthurnax, and now he is gone, and the blades dont like me :(

Tried summoning Odahviing, but he didn't seem that useful. Suprised they revealed one of the rewards for the main quest in the pre release content!

I never thought I will come back to playing pure melee, but after getting bored with dual-casting fireball, and wasting time to sneak on someone just so that you can get one shot in, and run away in fear, I decided to go 1H+Shield.

Man, oh man. Nothing more satisfying than waiting for their power attack, interrupting it by bashing and hacking away. I'm sure with high Block (48 atm) you can negate all of the damage.

So the Thalmor ARE the Dominion? Just the heads and leaders? Where are the Dark Elves? Are they neutral? All I know is red mountain blew up or something and they had to flee Morrowind.

The Dark Elves wouldn't get along with the Thalmor. The High Elves consider the Dunmer to be heretics, which is why they fled to Morrowind to begin with. The Dark Elves believe Mundus is some sort of test and don't share the Thalmor's goal of ending it. And Dunmer handed over Numidium (the Dwemer robot god) to Tiber Septim, who used it to conquer the first Aldmeri Dominion. If anything, the Dominion and the Dunmer have reason to hate each other.

Kem0sabe

Just finished the main quest and all the main faction quests before that... fucking underwhelmed with the ending. Was hoping for an epilogue, even a like exposition, anything... but fuck no... way to culminate a shit load of hours of gameplay.

NBtoaster

Just finished the main quest and all the main faction quests before that... fucking underwhelmed with the ending. Was hoping for an epilogue, even a like exposition, anything... but fuck no... way to culminate a shit load of hours of gameplay.

DLC could always expand on it.

I really wish i had some varied magic.
Destruction is pretty bland, Im like 81 into it and the only spell worth using is Firebolt. Everything else is either a massive mana drain VS dmg or the splash damage ends up killing my stupid conpanion.

Kind of wishing I had stuck to Necro now!

Theives quest was pretty good, just not sure I can be bothered to do the other guild quests though but oh well probably should get on and do the main quest seeing as all thats left is the dark brotherhood!

Its not really "done" till youve done a billion sidequests for vex and the bald dude though.

Does this also apply to the companions? As far as I can tell I finished that quest line when I
cleansed the former leader's soul.
However I still have the miscellaneous quest of getting jobs from the senior guild members.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Yo, anyone else get stuck in the cart at the start of the game??

I've spent so much time on smithing and enchanting and buying gems and filling them up and stuff that I've barely done any questing today lol

But now to choose between winterhold, the main quest and the DB.........

Damn you Skyrim!

Top Bottom