• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

So can someone help me beat
Morokei
? This is actually my first REAL challenge and hes kicking my ass :(. I have the
slow time
shout but I dont have any dragons souls to use on it. If I leave the dungeoon and come back will I have to beat all of the Draugrs and skeletons and the
bone dragon
again. Im a level 22 battle mage ATM with only a flame atronach. Maybe I should grab another mage to help me?

Mik2121

Tolfdir should be with you for this encounter. You'll want to listen to what he is saying; you might want to turn on subtitles.

Never mind,
I can't believe this shit. I spent the whole time in this dungeon (after leaving the excavation area) alone. Now I was like "hey, maybe if I go back to where he was before I entered this area..." and started running. Lo and behold, this idiot was still near the beginning of the area fighting a draught that apparently I missed (?). Goddamn IDIOT.

Now he's following me. I thought he wasn't meant to come with me and that first time he glitched his way to me
. Thank god! (*saves file*)

Dresden

So can someone help me beat
Morokei
? This is actually my first REAL challenge and hes kicking my ass :(. I have the
slow time
shout but I dont have any dragons souls to use on it. If I leave the dungeoon and come back will I have to beat all of the Draugrs and skeletons and the
bone dragon
again. Im a level 22 battle mage ATM with only a flame atronach. Maybe I should grab another mage to help me?

If you stay on the top platform you can probably just blast him and hide and rinse and repeat. Impact helps a ton as well.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Better than what? I can't see any equipment in her list other than the helmet and armor. But visually I see some armor.

just give her something better than her current items. She has quite good equipment at the beginning so it may be hard to find something better for a while.

GhaleonEB

the Forbidden Legend quest is rad man, definitely make it a priority

I meant to set out on it, and ended up spending the entire evening exploring the northern coastline. Highlights:

Several small but surprising caves, including one featuring a jump that gave me vertigo.

Exploring a sunken ship.

Sniping mud crabs and plucking nirnroot at dawn.

Going into third person next to a dead mud crab and realizing just how enormous they are.

Zooming into the ultra slow-mo sniper mode with the bow, taking aim at a walking bandit from 50 yards away, leading the shot and one-shot him off a long stone bridge, sending him skittering through the air and along the ground. I find him later and see that I'd put the arrow through the bridge of his nose and out the back of his head. Freakin' bullseye.

Seeing the shadow of a bird, looking up and realizing that's no bird.

Discovering that my stealth skill is good enough to hide from a circling dragon, and watching it look for prey for 2-3 minutes before flying off into the distance. Beautiful and terrifying.

Standing on a rock spire on an island and watching the deep red/orange dusk settle in, and then turning around and literally gasping with awe at the mountains and mist reflecting it. Awesome, in every way.

Two hours just exploring the coastline. No questing, minimal looting, just exploration. And I'm thrilled with how enjoyable it was.

Skyrim is unrelentingly beautiful, and thoroughly brilliant.

Zeliard

lol, just found out you can equip Dead Thralls with different equipment, and also use them as pack mules. Makes total sense the way you do it - and it now seems extremely obvious - but it's still a nice surprise.

Cudder

Anyone do that
lighthouse murder quest
all the way in the freezing tundra up north? That was a cool (and freaky) little quest there.

Arol

Damn so crazy.

Just randomly walk up to a Dragon fighting off a Giant + 2 Mammoths. It's obviously getting its ass kicked when out of nowhere a named Dragon comes, didn't realize Giants were afraid of them as it started running away fast.

Needless to say, I saw it pick up the Mammoth, swoop around and pick up the Giant, and I used Command Animal on the last Mammoth to help me tank it, pretty crazy stuff.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
80 hours, beat all the guilds, won the civil war and beat the big bad. There are tons of quests left but I think I'm gonna call it a game.

Best thing Bethesda has put out since Morrowind. I didn't want to claw my eyes out for the last 50 hours like I did their last 2 so nice improvement there.

Mairu

80 hours, beat all the guilds, won the civil war and beat the big bad. There are tons of quests left but I think I'm gonna call it a game.

Best thing Bethesda has put out since Morrowind. I didn't want to claw my eyes out for the last 50 hours like I did their last 2 so nice improvement there.
I'm at 91 hours with most of the quests done except for the thieves guild (
don't wanna give up that skeleton key until i'm done with everything else!
) but I just ended up finishing the last of the main quest line. Five achievements to go! :p

FStop7

Banned
Just finished the college of mages quest line. That could have been the main plot line of a typical video game. In Skyrim it's just a side quest.

My favorite part was toward the end...

After defeating Morokei being immediately being confronted by that punk Thalmor. As if after all the shit I just fought through a dipshit like that was going to intimidate me. I two shot decapitated him and used his head as a soccer ball. Fuck that guy.

GhaleonEB

Volskygge on the northern coast is mammoth. The Volskygge Passages section is the longest contiguous indoors area I've seen in the game. It was the Energizer bunny of dungeons. Nice finale, too.

HELP! im at the
collage.
what do I have to do? someone said I have the cast
fear
on something, but I cannot find the spell or the thing to cast it on. someone please help. p.s.im doing the main quest.

eek5

HELP! im at the collage. what do I have to do? someone said I have the cast fear on something, but I cannot find the spell or the thing to cast it on. someone please help. p.s.im doing the main quest.

The person at the front gate will tell you what you need to cast. They'll also have the spell available for very cheap for you.

scy

The dude who sells at Warmaiden's is stuck permanently outside...looking at some random location....there goes 1g less I can sell. FUCK.

Talk to him. While he's still talking, enter a building or something near him. He should follow you inside and then reset.

HELP! im at the collage. what do I have to do? someone said I have the cast fear on something, but I cannot find the spell or the thing to cast it on. someone please help. p.s.im doing the main quest.

If you don't have the spell, there should have been a dialogue option to get the spell from Faralda. If that wasn't there, then you have the spell and you should just find it in the Magic > Illusion option. After that, just equip it and cast it on the symbol on the ground.

Fuck. I think I was Bethesda'd.

I went to the riften warehouse to stop the skooma pusher and I picked up the supposed evidence yet it still says I need to pick it up. Reloaded, however the same thing happens. Blah.

I had that happen to me too (literally just now, actually) and it cleared up when I read the note.

You can use a dragon shout as an alternative here.

Talk to him. While he's still talking, enter a building or something near him. He should follow you inside and then reset.

If you don't have the spell, there should have been a dialogue option to get the spell from Faralda. If that wasn't there, then you have the spell and you should just find it in the Magic > Illusion option. After that, just equip it and cast it on the symbol on the ground.

I had that happen to me too (literally just now, actually) and it cleared up when I read the note.

thank you so much

Clevinger

You played a game (or two games) you hated for 50 hours?
You're insane.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
by the way

I played for 60 hours with a controller, then got tired of rumaging though inventory and decided to switch to MKB to bind spells. After I fixed mouse in .ini I can't understand how it is possible to enjoy a mage without binding at least 6 spells. They dropped the ball on controller support, should have included radial menu with bindable items at least.

Double D

Spent the last couple hours bullshitting around with this Blood on the Ice quest.
I actually finished the quest blaming the murders on Wuuthern. Then I went to go sell that amulet to that one other guy (Corax something). Anyways one thing lead to another and I read the wiki which prompted me to reload a save so I could first confront Wuuthern. He told me where and when the murder would happen but I've been scouring the city several nights and this dude won't come out of his house to attempt said murder.
help!

I really wish you could equip multiple weapons and actually see them strapped or holstered on your character. I want to look like Boromir or Aragorn hiking up the mountain covered in a shit load of weapons, bows, shields and equipment.

If there's one thing that pulls me out of the immersion it's seeing massive warhammers floating on people's backs or a holstered greatsword clipping through armour.

Jeff Chen

Banned
Finally got my smithing and enchanting to both 100. Now here I have a problem: the Daedric Sword I want to build has a damage of 23. However according to the videos from Youtube, it should be 29. Am I missing something?

Einbroch

Banned
Finally got my smithing and enchanting to both 100. Now here I have a problem: the Daedric Sword I want to build has a damage of 23. However according to the videos from Youtube, it should be 29. Am I missing something?

Do you have points in one-handed mastery? Because it increases the base damage.

The damage displayed in your inventory is after adding skill and other modifiers.

Mik2121

Fuuu, I didn't know that. Thanks, I guess it's waiting time for me. Time to piss off a giant again.

I guess it should, but in a strange turn of events, it seems I
turned into a werewolf and
killed a few people in town. General Store owner included, there's nobody there anymore. And I know that for a fact since I took the store key from his cold, dead hands and snooped inside.

Hahaha! Yeah, you shouldn't have killed that guy :p

Alright guys, I seriously need help with this. I can't use a bow and arrow anymore :(

I've tried 2 different kinds of bows and 3 different kinds of arrows, and no matter what I use, after I hold the attack button down for a few seconds (making it as powerful a shot as possible), my arrows still just flop and hit the ground after a couple feet.

I checked the magic effects screen and I'm not poisoned or anything. For the record, I've a Nord who's big on two handed weapons.

Any ideas on how to fix this??

Log4Girlz

Alright guys, I seriously need help with this. I can't use a bow and arrow anymore :(

I've tried 2 different kinds of bows and 3 different kinds of arrows, and no matter what I use, after I hold the attack button down for a few seconds (making it as powerful a shot as possible), my arrows still just flop and hit the ground after a couple feet.

I checked the magic effects screen and I'm not poisoned or anything. For the record, I've a Nord who's big on two handed weapons.

Any ideas on how to fix this??

Don't hold it down, draw the bow ALMOST all the way, let it go. Then get a full draw a try. That worked for me.

Zaptruder

Banned
People should probably take advantage of the mid-game difficulty change more.

I don't doubt that a lot of people will balk at the idea thinking it's cheating.

But because of the number of quest lines and the scaling and all the thousands of other variables that can affect encounter difficulty, the design choice is to allow players to tailor the difficulty on the fly as required. There are going to be some sections that are just too frustrating on your current difficulty level, just as there are going to be some sections that are just too easy. Adjust accordingly to receive the best play experience.

OTOH, if it's already on the easiest mode and you're still having trouble... try grinding, or not playing games.

GhaleonEB

On the way back to civilization, I find a Stormcloak scavenger inspecting a fallen comrade. I take him down when he attacks, and find two naked soldiers, two dead Imperial scumbags and two more (clothed) dead Stormcloaks.

WTF did I walk in on?

Top Bottom