• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

Ok where's the fucking cat people? I can't find the khajiit camp outside Whiterun anymore! I have no dinero left after purchasing that fucking shithole my beautiful house and I need to sell some jewels and trinkets that Warmaiden won't take from me.

kitty kitty kitty kittty...

what? i want a dog to follow me.

Gonna try and take a picture next time I run across him (I'm on PS3, don't have any capturing equipment so this will have to do). I decided to stray off the main questline a bit and did some Magic training in Winterhold and on the way to the first external location I was told to go to, there it was again. It's sorta eerie, sometimes I will lose sight of him while he seems to be trying to lead me to the next location and then he will pop up again, I was thinking it might be some shapeshifter but I'm not sure.

Maybe he's tied to some quest, I'm not sure.

P. S.: just had a horse seemingly spawn above me and fall to his death. :p

Wallach

Ok where's the fucking cat people? I can't find the khajiit camp outside Whiterun anymore! I have no dinero left after purchasing that fucking shithole my beautiful house and I need to sell some jewels and trinkets that Warmaiden won't take from me.

They move around, so it'll be a while before their little trade group comes back to Whiterun.

Gravijah

the general store should buy 'em from you, iirc.

scy

Does the General Store not take them? Or is it an issue of his low money cap.

Anyway, the Khajiit caravan is constantly moving so ... rest a lot until it spawns, I guess?

They move around, so it'll be a while before their little trade group comes back to Whiterun.
Anyway, the Khajiit caravan is constantly moving so ... rest a lot until it spawns, I guess?
Fuuu, I didn't know that. Thanks, I guess it's waiting time for me. Time to piss off a giant again.

the general store should buy 'em from you, iirc.

Does the General Store not take them? Or is it an issue of his low money cap.
I guess it should, but in a strange turn of events, it seems I
turned into a werewolf and
killed a few people in town. General Store owner included, there's nobody there anymore. And I know that for a fact since I took the store key from his cold, dead hands and snooped inside.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
yep, you can't get a rested bonus when you have the lovers stone. had the same problem a few days ago.

Shew. I was worried I was glitched out of my rightfully earned rest bonus. Glad to see that that isn't the case haha!

The Chef

So I just got my hands on the Black Star. Im still confused on the whole soul gem thing, so how do I fill this thing? Do I have to cast a soul trap on a person? And once the Black Star is filled do I then need to enchant my weapon with the Black Star?

Aeana

Summary of the last three evenings:
I start the game, thinking, "okay, let's get to the College of Winterhold tonight." I begin to make my way there out of Windhelm and I notice a cave, or another sort of landmark on my map and I go toward it and go through it (if it's a dungeon). Suddenly I'm all the way on the other side of the map. It's fine if that happens once, but that has now happened three nights in a row and I'm still no closer to the College! (._. )

pleasesendhelp

Log4Girlz

The dude who sells at Warmaiden's is stuck permanently outside...looking at some random location....there goes 1g less I can sell. FUCK.

So I just got my hands on the Black Star. Im still confused on the whole soul gem thing, so how do I fill this thing? Do I have to cast a soul trap on a person? And once the Black Star is filled to I need to enchant my weapon with the Black Star?

Dunno about Skyrim since I haven't soul trapped anything, but in Oblivion you only had to soul trap something right before killing it to charge your stone. Then you use it to recharge your weapon.

Darkman M

Summary of the last three evenings:
I start the game, thinking, "okay, let's get to the College of Winterhold tonight." I begin to make my way there out of Windhelm and I notice a cave, or another sort of landmark on my map and I go toward it and go through it (if it's a dungeon). Suddenly I'm all the way on the other side of the map. It's fine if that happens once, but that has now happened three nights in a row and I'm still no closer to the College! (._. )

pleasesendhelp

It's kinda inside Winterhold lol

The Chef

Dunno about Skyrim since I haven't soul trapped anything, but in Oblivion you only had to soul trap something right before killing it to charge your stone. Then you use it to recharge your weapon.

OK so I recharge my weapon with the Black Star then. My Alteration is TERRIBLE. I hope that doesn't effect my soul trapping abilities.

Holy shit being an assassin is awesome. 30X damage? Yes please.

I was having the hardest time fighting this crazy Daedric dude - decided to go sneak with my dagger. Killed him in a single hit with 30x damage haha

Zeliard

Dead Thralls are fun. I ventured into some cave for a quest and there was an "adventurer" crying about the spiders inside and about to run out like a sissy. So I killed him and then resurrected him as a permanent zombie so he could tag along.

Awesomely, at some point while walking around he picked up this axe that was laying there and is now using it (he was previously barehanded since he dropped his earlier weap when I killed him).

Did followers ever pick up items on their own in F3/NV to use? Don't remember that happening. It's pretty neat.

Shame some stuff can't be res'd, though, like Master Vampires.

The Chef

Well, I know what I need to save up for now. Thanks dude.
Im so hesitant to enchant my great weapons for fear that I am going to find a FAR better enchantment later on. Its driving me nuts. T_T

It's a real pity my companions keep triggering enemies. Anytime I see a good backstab opportunity I have to get my companion to stand down.

This is the exact reason I told Lydia to take a hike. The lone wolf hunts.....alone.

Wallach

Dead Thralls are fun. I ventured into some cave for a quest and there was an "adventurer" crying about the spiders inside and about to run out like a sissy. So I killed him and then resurrected him as a permanent zombie so he could tag along.

Awesomely, at some point while walking around he picked up this axe that was laying there and is now using it (he was previously barehanded since he dropped his earlier weap when I killed him).

Did followers ever pick up items on their own in F3/NV to use? Don't remember that happening. It's pretty neat.

Shame some stuff can't be res'd, though, like Master Vampires.

Yeah, followers in the last two Fallouts did this. In some cases people thought it was a bug, because they'd get into a fight in an area they knew contained a unique weapon and wouldn't be able to find it. Later on they'd look in their follower's inventory and find the follower had immediately scooped it up and had been running around with it.

Log4Girlz

Should I bother doing the thievesguild quest line if I haven't done a lick of sneak and have no points in it and so far only have heavy armor? I imagine I must do a lot of sneaky thievery style missions.

http://wallpaperswide.com/the_elder_scrolls_v_skyrim_video_game-wallpapers.html

Has anyone got a version of this wallpaper without the writing?

http://www.mediafire.com/i/?mw3ld8242fxt4li (1920 x 1393)
(courtesy of Giran)

For Skyrim art check out the Video Game Wallpapers, Fan Art & Hi-Res Artwork Thread of Eternal August.

The most recent summary for 'T' is here (yeah, don't look at me but it's under 'The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim"): http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19919138&postcount=235

Zeliard

Yeah, followers in the last two Fallouts did this. In some cases people thought it was a bug, because they'd get into a fight in an area they knew contained a unique weapon and wouldn't be able to find it. Later on they'd look in their follower's inventory and find the follower had immediately scooped it up and had been running around with it.

Haha. Boone must have taken some shit I never noticed. :p I always piled them with stuff though, being the pack mules they are.

It's pretty nice that it happens with zombies here since the melee ones are often barehanded after you kill them.

cnizzle06

Banned
Fuck. I think I was Bethesda'd.

I went to the riften warehouse to stop the skooma pusher and I picked up the supposed evidence yet it still says I need to pick it up. Reloaded, however the same thing happens. Blah.

Alucrid

Banned
Why can't I kill people without getting caught?

Trying to kill Lurbuk for DB quests and even thought I'm hidden I still get caught right as he dies

Wallach

By the way, don't take Atronach if you're a heavy Conjuration user (the perk or the stone). Summons are bugged and will check against the player's magic absorption.

Rookie

Neo Member
Should I bother doing the thievesguild quest line if I haven't done a lick of sneak and have no points in it and so far only have heavy armor? I imagine I must do a lot of sneaky thievery style missions.

I probably would save it for another play through, or come back in a few levels once your sneak and lockpick has increased.

voltron

So what difficulty are you guys playing on? I spent the first 20hrs or so playing on master (not realising it) and wondering why the fuck it was so goddam hard. So I bumped it down to adept.

But Im thinking now that its getting a little easy. Tempted to go up to expert but it feels like if I do that Im suddenly negating all the work Ive done levelling up skills and abilities etc. Kinda stupid I know but it feels like Im dropping myself down a few levels by bumping up the difficulty.

vareon

Question about a quest after the end of the Companion's questline.

I found an unusal gem on Kodlak's room (well it's MY room now) and initiated a miscellaneous quest to take it to an appraiser. The appraiser was in Riften, so I made my way there and met the guy with the floating quest indicator. But when I talked to him, he literally told me to piss off. I don't even have a dialogue choice.

What did I ever do to this guy? I'm a good man! :(

By the way, don't take Atronach if you're a heavy Conjuration user (the perk or the stone). Summons are bugged and will check against the player's magic absorption.

Is it the atronach perk or magic resistance? But yeah, it's pretty annoying as a summoner. At least those failed spells don't eat up mana.

Wallach

Is it the atronach perk or magic resistance? But yeah, it's pretty annoying as a summoner. At least those failed spells don't eat up mana.

Just magic absorption, so Breton Dragonskin, the Atronach perk, Atronach Guardian Stone, etc. Magic resistance doesn't seem to get checked incorrectly like absorption does.

Mik2121

Alright, need help on the same place as before.

I'm fighting
Jyrik Gauldurson on the 'Under Saathal' quest. He's sitting in this room with a giant sphere behind him and when I get close he wakes up.

Now, the problem is... I can't seem to be able to hurt him with anything. I've tried enchanted weapons, normal weapons, magic, and nothing hurts him.

The first time I tried it, for some reason the teacher from the College quest came by (from where?) and helped me, and that time I believe I could hurt him. Now, not at all.

What am I supposed to do? Is this a bug or what? With this game you never know :(

Wallach

Alright, need help on the same place as before.

I'm fighting Jyrik Gauldurson on the 'Under Saathal' quest. He's sitting in this room with a giant sphere behind him and when I get close he wakes up.

Now, the problem is... I can't seem to be able to hurt him with anything. I've tried enchanted weapons, normal weapons, magic, and nothing hurts him.

The first time I tried it, for some reason the teacher from the College quest came by (from where?) and helped me, and that time I believe I could hurt him. Now, not at all.

What am I supposed to do? Is this a bug or what? With this game you never know :(

Tolfdir should be with you for this encounter. You'll want to listen to what he is saying; you might want to turn on subtitles.

Dresden

So what difficulty are you guys playing on? I spent the first 20hrs or so playing on master (not realising it) and wondering why the fuck it was so goddam hard. So I bumped it down to adept.

But Im thinking now that its getting a little easy. Tempted to go up to expert but it feels like if I do that Im suddenly negating all the work Ive done levelling up skills and abilities etc. Kinda stupid I know but it feels like Im dropping myself down a few levels by bumping up the difficulty.

Can't play on anything other than Master anymore. Feels like I'm missing out if I tone it down.

Top Bottom