• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

Kem0sabe

DLC could always expand on it.

I dont want to dlc to have a satisfying closure to the main story.

Out of all the quest lines, there were few that had a satisfying ending, including the civil war one, playing as the stormcloaks, it felt like an afterthought.

An epilogue, a video, something... but no... Bethesda thought it would be find to just let the game "end" with... "good job".

voltron

Is there no way for your companion/follower to get their own horse?

I was go exploring with my companion by my side, each of us on our own steed. How fucking cool would that be.

Fjordson

Is there no way for your companion/follower to get their own horse?

I was go exploring with my companion by my side, each of us on our own steed. How fucking cool would that be.
Really wish you could do this. Or maybe I just haven't found out a way yet. Ditched using a horse a long time ago because it's annoying when rolling with a companion.

Lakitu

st5fu
So have I finished the Companions questline?
Went to Ysgramor's Tomb and cured Kodlak so he could go to Sovngarde. So apparently I'm now the leader and Farkas has told me to go to do go beat someone up. That's it. Where's the Werewolf cure?

Natiko

Banned
So have I finished the Companions questline?
Went to Ysgramor's Tomb and cured Kodlak so he could go to Sovngarde. So apparently I'm now the leader and Farkas has told me to go to do go beat someone up. That's it. Where's the Werewolf cure?

You can
cure yourself just as you cured Kodlak. If you have another witch's head you can go up to that middle thing in the room and cure yourself if you choose to iirc.

Darklord

Banned
While I haven't finished the main story, I was thinking. The rumours about an Elder Scrolls MMO that were floating around. Wouldn't a full scale war between the Dominion and the Empire be a perfect set up for that?

I really hope that never happens though. I'd hate an MMO. Maybe they realize that though. They better...

Kem0sabe

While I haven't finished the main story, I was thinking. The rumours about an Elder Scrolls MMO that were floating around. Wouldn't a full scale war between the Dominion and the Empire be a perfect set up for that?

I really hope that never happens though. I'd hate an MMO. Maybe they realize that though. They better...

Only if it was a first person only immersive mmo, i wouldnt touch a third person elder scrolls game... never!

p.s its still shit in every modern elder scrolls game so it doesnt count as playable.

Only if it was a first person only immersive mmo, i wouldnt touch a third person elder scrolls game... never!

p.s its still shit in every modern elder scrolls game so it doesnt count as playable.

I wish it did a more over-the-shoulder camera in third person, ala RE4 or Gears (etc.) It definitely is still pretty janky.

Though it's completely necessary as it's the only way to see what your character actually looks like (since there is no character viewer in the menus, which is highly questionable!) Especially for a game with loot/physical character customization options. It's just odd.

Abylim

I explore in first person, but goto third person for combat (melee) but then again, when im trying not to hack off my companions limb, and i need to be precise, i find myself going into first.

Either way its a massive improvement over the last entry.

Spokeys

When I'm sneaking and need to peek around a corner I'll go 3rd person but that's the extent of it. 3rd person is really useful when enemies are alert and in their searching state.

guys im really stuck, asfter the collage of winterhold, i go to meet this guy soutside of the ruins, im having trouble getting out of the pit (so spoilers)

The Dark Elves wouldn't get along with the Thalmor. The High Elves consider the Dunmer to be heretics, which is why they fled to Morrowind to begin with. The Dark Elves believe Mundus is some sort of test and don't share the Thalmor's goal of ending it. And Dunmer handed over Numidium (the Dwemer robot god) to Tiber Septim, who used it to conquer the first Aldmeri Dominion. If anything, the Dominion and the Dunmer have reason to hate each other.

Very nicely worded.

Mik2121

I explore in first person, but goto third person for combat (melee) but then again, when im trying not to hack off my companions limb, and i need to be precise, i find myself going into first.

Either way its a massive improvement over the last entry.

Really? Wow, I do it the opposite way. I explore in TPS because of the long walks, I'd rather watch something other than just mountains. It makes it more fun!
But for fighting and looting inside dungeons I go FPS, it makes it easier to select stuff on tables and the like.

Jintor

Jesus christ. Skin textures are beginning to fail, saw a kid walking around with no skin, only eyes and mouth. FRIGHTENING.

Mik2121

The load times for Skyrim on the PS3 get to some unreasonable lengths, the problem is, the game is so damn good you learn to accept it.

Yup... loading times, hi-res textures failing to load, the small bug here and there... If this were any other game I would have already put it back on the shelf, but Skyrim is so damn good I can't help but keep playing.

And it's also incredibly beautiful sometimes, not so much the technical part (which is also great sometimes) but rather the artistic direction.

p3tran

Banned
Yup... loading times, hi-res textures failing to load, the small bug here and there... If this were any other game I would have already put it back on the shelf, but Skyrim is so damn good I can't help but keep playing.

And it's also incredibly beautiful sometimes, not so much the technical part (which is also great sometimes) but rather the artistic direction.

also what I see on my ps3 is that after a two or more hour session it starts chugging where in the past would behave nice.
a power off for two minutes makes this go away until now (lvl 35).

Jinjo

So while moving all my stuff from my dorm in Winterhold to my newly acquired house, a goddamn blood dragon decides to swoop in at Winterhold college. So there I was taking on a dragon in the nude in the blistering cold with no weapons. SKYRIM.

also what I see on my ps3 is that after a two or more hour session it starts chugging where in the past would behave nice.
a power off for two minutes makes this go away until now (lvl 35).

I have been noticing this as well, cities get down to about 5 FPS, just painful chug-a-lugging.

LCfiner

I'm at a point where I don't dare play this during the week when I have to wake up early for work. :(

I just get too sucked into it and can't stop. so I'm only playing weekends and sinking in 10 or 15 hours each time.

Wanace

A boy and his dog:

0PlRg.jpg

Chris_C

I realise this has probably been asked quite a few times, but is there anywhere in Whiterun where I can pay someone to -reenchant my weapons or something? I'm still fairly low level (12)

Lol, just had the Giant kill glitch happen for the first time, but not to me.

I was doing Malacath's quest, and told the
Orc Chieftain
that
he was supposed to kill the giant
. The guy reluctantly sets off
towards the shrine, where the Giant was waiting for him
. I follow him, the Giant takes one swing at him, and he's catapulted into the air at a million miles per hour.

He then comes after me, but his measly power attack can't even break through Spell Breaker. Feels good, man. :lol

Arjen

I realise this has probably been asked quite a few times, but is there anywhere in Whiterun where I can pay someone to -reenchant my weapons or something? I'm still fairly low level (12)

Reenchant like, charge you're already enchanted weapon? Just buy some filled soulgems, the mage in the jarls home has them, and maybe the alchemy shop and general goods store to.

Jintor

My fucking god the broken Dragon Skeletons are amazing. Ported to the College, a dragon skeleton appeared at the top of the bridge, spasmed momentarily and flung itself off the side of the bridge to crash into the ground far, far below.

Chris_C

Reenchant like, charge you're already enchanted weapon? Just buy some filled soulgems, the mage in the jarls home has them, and maybe the alchemy shop and general goods store to.

I see, but how do I use the soul gems? I can't seem to equip them in my inventory (it says this item cannot be equipped).

I see, but how do I use the soul gems? I can't seem to equip them in my inventory (it says this item cannot be equipped).

You go to your weapon in your inventory, and there should be a button for recharging them. It's RB on the 360 pad, I think. Just select the soul gem you want to recharge it with, and bam.

Arjen

Highlight the weapon you want to recharge in the inventory screen. Press RB (don't know the PC equivelant)
The game wil now show you all your soulgems you have, select one, rinse and repeat if needed.

/edit
beaten :(

Chris_C

You go to your weapon in your inventory, and there should be a button for recharging them. It's RB on the 360 pad, I think. Just select the soul gem you want to recharge it with, and bam.

Highlight the weapon you want to recharge in the inventory screen. Press RB (don't know the PC equivelant)
The game wil now show you all your soulgems you have, select one, rinse and repeat if needed.

/edit
beaten :(

Thank you both, very much.

Glad someone asked already! ...was wondering what that meter meant, just bought an enchanted bow and it is now depleted. So these Soul gems do serve a really awesome purpose...

Lucius86

Banned
So while moving all my stuff from my dorm in Winterhold to my newly acquired house, a goddamn blood dragon decides to swoop in at Winterhold college. So there I was taking on a dragon in the nude in the blistering cold with no weapons. SKYRIM.

Just shout your way to victory. Like a real man.

Mik2121

Man, killing the 3 bosses from
Reachwater Rock (where you put the amulet together, a Magician, a Ranger and a normal warrior)
with just a bow, hiding behind the columns and small objects of the level made me feel like a boss. I couldn't beat them just like that, so this was the only method.

However,
it seems like there was no reward besides the amulet itself?

Top Bottom