• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
GuiltybyAssociation said:
Can I get a divorce and remarry? I put a ring on Camilla and she bugged out for awhile, but then recently reappeared. I've changed my mind now though and want to smang it up with Jordis instead.
Dude that shit's for life yo.

Tenck said:
It's settled. I will ask Lydia to show me a good time, since I am the Thane and all, and keep all my money to myself.

man what's the deal with lydia. all she does is sit in my room, eating bread all day. you got a cushy job there missy.

Khezu

Arg, the thieves guild hood is weirdly clipping with my characters head, its pretty much completely invisible except for the top part of it, and it makes my character look like she has a buzzcut, its really weird.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
MrOogieBoogie said:
So, anyone know any good Black Friday deals on Skyrim?

I'm wondering if Amazon's Buy 1 Get 50% Off sale is my best bet. I want Uncharted 3 and Skyrim, even though I know that Uncharted 3 is getting discounted to $30 at various outlets on Black Friday. However, I haven't heard about any deals on Skyrim (particularly the PC version), so I figure it'll still be $60, and if I pounce of Amazon's now deal then I'd be getting Uncharted 3 for $30 anyway.

I don't know...

Steer me in the right direction, GAF.
PC version... $53 on GMG and you can have it right now...

Er, does Amazon have digital download?

Respawn

Banned
Mr_Appleby said:
man what's the deal with lydia. all she does is sit in my room, eating bread all day. you got a cushy job there missy.
My Lydia died in battle sadly. I will spread her deeds and sing songs of her all over Tamriel. Farewell my love we shall meet again one day.

EmSeta

Vect said:
Same here, it's mostly in towns though. The stuttering and freezing can be distracting at times but it's still playable.
Me too. It fluctuates between acceptable and unplayable. Somehow I suspect Bethesda won't be able to fix it - they've had years to work on the PS3 version, and I doubt they can optimize it further at this point after release.

:(

kunu

Hm...was in the Riverwood general store today when I accidentally attacked the girl who stays there. Sadly I then had to kill the shop owner and this other random lady who decided to join the fight. Afterwards I saw that I had a bounty of 1500 added to me. But then I walked out and everything seemed normal...no one, including the guards, seemed to care that I had just slaughtered three of their citizens. Anyone know why or how this happened?

Respawn

Banned
TESV%202011-11-17%2017-12-00-84.jpg

Love this game

UrbanRats

Respawn said:
https://byfiles.storage.live.com/y1pPNCH-RjRCwgt3CbCY79HOizxI8DjG6l3IBPGrnTaiJPwbp5-STzmT89psU9NV_HEVAvofdRq9q3djU61fuwTIg/TESV%202011-11-17%2017-12-00-84.jpg[IMG]

Love this game[/QUOTE]
I have the same companion, had her for a while now, been through a lot together, smithed her some cool Orchish.
Fuck Lydia, she's at home with my boring wife.

Anyone wish there was one Imperial Legionnaire wandering around calling you CRIMINAL SCUM ?

It would be even funnier if his backstory was that he was completely insane, and in no official way affiliated with the Empire.

Tenck

Man just noticed expert lockpicks are going to be a pain in the ass with the thieves guild. My lock picking skills are barely 26.

Running out of lockpicks too. Where can I buy them?

GhaleonEB

CrocMother said:
Anyone wish there was one Imperial Legionnaire wandering around calling you CRIMINAL SCUM ?

It would be even funnier if his backstory was that he was completely insane, and in no official way affiliated with the Empire.
I'm still hoping there's some ghastly, potato-faced dude vising from Cyrodiil.
Tenck said:
Man just noticed expert lockpicks are going to be a pain in the ass with the thieves guild. My lock picking skills are barely 26.

Running out of lockpicks too. Where can I buy them?
Your fence in the Thieves Guild gets 30 of them every day or two. I bought them out every visit, between quests, until I had about 150. Just to be safe.

Tenck

GhaleonEB said:
I'm still hoping there's some ghastly, potato-faced dude vising from Cyrodiil.

Your fence in the Thieves Guild gets 30 of them every day or two. I bought them out every visit, between quests, until I had about 150. Just to be safe.

Thanks a bunch man!

Raxus

2 things.

1) I need a good companion in the game. Lydia just isn't cutting it anymore.

2) Where do you get the invisibility spell? I am level 75 in illusion and nothin'. Are there requirements to earn the spell?

Smash88

Banned
Tenck said:
Thanks a bunch man!

F5....*break*...F9....*break*....F9....*break*....F9

^_^

ajf009 said:
they don't?? It's been a couple weeks and the bones of the dragon that attacked Whiterun are still on the street in my game

They do, but everytime you spawn in a location, so does every item, npc, etc... So it gets dropped from a certain height (so it doesn't clip into the terrain), and since the Dragon corpse is so big, sometimes it bugs out and flys away, where you can never find it again, or you can but you haven't figured where to start looking. The magic of Skyrim.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Went to retrieve Patormas Remains from the Divine/catcacombs thingy in Solitude. One of the most difficult catacombs I've encountered thus far. What made it diffcult where the Blooded Vamps and the Draugr Scourge/Deathlord.
:(

Assholes made me they bitch several times but managed a near death strategy to kill them. Patorma the Wolf Queen wasn't that hard to defeat. Hack and slash plus healing did the trick.
Took me forever to clear that place out of ghouls. Even after defeating Patorma, I still had to defeat a Draugr Scourge (it was optional and totally avoidable if you sneak) and some other douche on the way out.

For now, Im gonna do more Misc. Quests and level up before I do anything else. I hate feeling overpowered.

Sorry if this has been asked already, but what am I supposed to do to activate my shouts? I've killed a bunch of dragons and absorbed their soul, but I've been given no indication of how to do it, or if I need more.

I read in previous OT that you press R, but that is just to just to use (or not use) your weapon... Feels like I'm missing something :(

Smash88

Banned
xenorevlis said:
Sorry if this has been asked already, but what am I supposed to do to activate my shouts? I've killed a bunch of dragons and absorbed their soul, but I've been given no indication of how to do it, or if I need more.

I read in previous OT that you press R, but that is just to just to use (or not use) your weapon... Feels like I'm missing something :(

Go to your shout menu, then click on one, it will ask if you wish to use a dragons soul to activate said shout, hit yes and you have that shout. Now equip it, and press Z.

woober said:
I abuse quickload and quicksave so much I dont think I can play RPGs without them.

I'm 24 hours in and I have 200 saves -_-

QKpCx.jpg

Smash88 said:
Go to your shout menu, then click on one, it will ask if you wish to use a dragons soul to activate said shout, hit yes and you have that shout. Now equip it, and press Z.
Wow, I must be tired, lol, it literally says PRESS R TO UNLOCK in the bottom-right corner.

Thanks!

Pennybags

Raxus said:
2 things.

Can't go wrong with Uthgerd the Unbroken.

Nice old lady. Smacked her around so hard she asked to be my bro.

Smash88

Banned
xenorevlis said:
Wow, I must be tired, lol, it literally says PRESS R TO UNLOCK in the bottom-right corner.

Thanks!

Haha, yup, sorry I forgot there is a button to press. It's 3am, don't blame me! But I knew it was something along those lines, glad you found it.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Wow. I just looked at my stats...42 hours in the game, 30 quests complete...6 main quests completed, 7 side quests, 81 misc objectives. What the fuck, this game.

I've pickpocketed 1,785 items, stole 1,925. Excellent.

Fjordson

Raxus said:
2 things.

Try Marcurio. He's in the Riften inn. Dude is a certified boss of a mage. I rolled with Lydia before also, but dropped her for him. Big upgrade.

balddemon

Banned
draugr death overlord. gotta be shitting me. hopefully
mercer
doesn't die.

edit: ok that was a lot easier than i thought it'd be. my atronach and companion helped a lot, but what really saved me was the impact perk from dual firebolts. which is my new fave destruction spell btw.

Arjen

Ok, so i'm trying to clear out my misc. quest book, but i keep getting more and more with every quest i do.
I went to do a bounty quest for the jarl of Riften, kill a bandit leader. He was located in a cave near a giant waterfall. I kill him, and in a secret passage i find a body. Now i got another quest to inform his family of his death. Problem is, i have no idea where his family is located, doesn't show up on the map either
Anyone have a clue where it is?

Gila

I think I'm gonna start a new game, I've played about 2 hours (30 mins here, 30 mins there) so I haven't had the time to actually sit down and play for a couple hours on end. I feel like to start this game you really need to actually sit down for a while and play, I just finished Riverwood and I have a Redguard character, and I don't know shit about the game. I didn't even know we can already use magic, I'm not sure what quests I'm supposed to be doing, or ect.

I dunno, maybe I'm just judging this game early on..whatever. Gonna restart with a Dunmer

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Tenck said:
I just bought the house in Whiterun, but don't know where it's at. Help me Gaf!
Next to Warmaiden.

it's called "Breezehome".

Tenck

Gila said:
I think I'm gonna start a new game, I've played about 2 hours (30 mins here, 30 mins there) so I haven't had the time to actually sit down and play for a couple hours on end. I feel like to start this game you really need to actually sit down for a while and play, I just finished Riverwood and I have a Redguard character, and I don't know shit about the game. I didn't even know we can already use magic, I'm not sure what quests I'm supposed to be doing, or ect.

I dunno, maybe I'm just judging this game early on..whatever. Gonna restart with a Dunmer

Take your time with the game. It's an amazing experience.

Thanks Halycon!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I would play World of Skyrim.

I would play it so hard.

Give us guild housing, let us set up little alcoves throughout the land, employ quest givers, decorate it with bling.

Top Bottom