• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

kevm3

I can't wait unilt the texture pack mods come out. Some great screenshots out there marred only by the low-res textures. This game is beautiful and artistic, something I couldn't really say about Oblivion.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/613842889479274787/625DA34CE6646ED3718A90F2B187A7E4F12BE230/

This part was striking, but it's a bit of a spoiler:
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/613842889479279392/D2BB59D63F65CE06CC08C0466BC9C9FD59C9DB80/

I went with Mjoll the Lioness as well. Much better than Lydia, although her saying the same things over and over as we venture gets annoying.

Dresden

Halycon said:
I would play World of Skyrim.

I would play it so hard.

Give us guild housing, let us set up little alcoves throughout the land, employ quest givers, decorate it with bling.
I wouldn't even need quests. I'd spend all day killing other people and robbing their in-game homes.

Lingitiz

Man this game is awesome. Its the first time where I really feel like the content it limitless. Going around from town to town and filling out my quest log is overwhelming. My journal is just packed with quests at the moment and its a good feeling.

TekDragon

Banned
Let's discuss enchanting and alchemy perks.

Am I wrong in saying that the most useful perks are as follows:

Enchanting:
5/5 Enchanter
1/1 Insightful (+25% to skill boosts)
1/1 Corpus (+25% to stat boosts)
1/1 Extra Effect

Alchemy:
5/5 Alchemist
1/1 Physician (+25% H/S/M potions)
1/1 Benifactor (+25% positive potions)
1/1 Poisoner (+25% poisons)

After that, I can't see the need to put any more perks in Enchant or Alchemy.

cackhyena

So selling jewelry. Can someone point me to the vendors with more than 700 bucks on them? I gotta unload this stuff at a quicker rate.

Mush

So I liek just started and stuff and I need some advice. I want to play as an Assassin with some magic on the side. I'm a Wood Elf. I'm currently retrieving the Golden Dragon Claw.

Where to next?

Enco

Mush said:
So I liek just started and stuff and I need some advice. I want to play as an Assassin with some magic on the side. I'm a Wood Elf. I'm currently retrieving the Golden Dragon Claw.

Where to next?
I don't really think you can get an answer.

The whole point of this game is that you can do anything.

snack

32zdM.jpg

Clevinger

Mush said:

Where to next?

If you want to join the assassin's guild, ask bartenders for rumors and you'll hear about a boy who's trying to summon the Dark Brotherhood.

Lakitu

st5fu
Is it common to see
mages dueling against each other in wild?
Because I saw that yesterday. Fire and Frost :p

Wallach

Just finished the College of Winterhold quest line. Goddamn, that was a good time.

I pretty much clotheslined the entire last area. The
dragon priest Morokei
at the end was not nearly as much of a bastard as
Krosis
was, though I was level 26 this time instead of fuckin' 9.

Thinking about going back for the Mage stone until my Conjuration is at 100 because I am fiending for the Twin Souls perk. Currently using the Lord stone because it's pretty awesome for my defensive build; I think I'm up to like 80% passive magic resistance or something. Dragons and mages stay frowny-faced all day.

I think I'm missing something. Maybe I need to go back to Winterhold, but:

Just picked up the Restoration Dual-casting and um, I can't make my Heal spell appear on both hands. Do I need to level it up more or... get another healing spell? PC version

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
This game is sooooooo gooooooooood.

I decided to see exactly how far I can travel north. I was pleasantly surprised to discover that you can go well past the cloud line on the map.

I was in the NE corner of the map. Found some wrecked ships with bandits. Saw my first slaughterfish. Can ran off by several bears. Hopped around on floaty ice platforms

Traveled west a bit and found a cave with some guy who claims to have info on where to find an
Elder Scroll
. I don't really know the ES lore, but this sounds awesome none the less.

From the cave I saw this bad ass looking tower on a cliff side, and after I finally figured out how to reach it, turns out it's the College of Winterhold. Nice folks, those mages. They're the first clan that I don't think are total douches, so that's nice. I did their first mission. It was alright, nothing thrilling.

Then I explored some more, and had lots of fun one shotting mages. My archery and sneak are finally coming together now, and I'm getting into the unstoppable bad ass zone. I use my bow even at close range now. It's definitely my weapon of choice.

All in all, another awesome day in Skyrim.

Dries

Hey guys, how should I go about travelling from town to town? Is it okay to just go to whichever town whenever? Or should you wait till the mainquest leads you there. The thing I'm worried about is upper-level enemies... Last day I wanted to travel to Riften, but the enemies just slaughtered me. Now I don't dare to venture further into the land of Skyrim lol.

Holy crap. So I just finished both the College of Winterhold questline and found out one of the bigger reveals of the main plot. The one where you find out that
the Elder Scrolls sent Alduin forward in time

So THAT, combined with the fact that
the Psjic Order obviously exists in a parallel dimension
makes this a
Sci-Fi Fantasy

I mean, it was always implied that this was something that was going on in the background, but I never thought that the series would go down this direction hardcore.

hertog

This game is so freaking intimidating, every turn I take there are 5 more quests. I don't know where to go or what to start anymore

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
When you're improving items with smithing, do they just go to the best level you can make or are there levels of improvement you have to work through?

I upgraded a dagger to (fine) and some armour to (superior) and now I can't upgrade either again even though the perks say I can improve them 'twice as much'?

DoctorZ

I want to start a new character. A thief maybe. I'd rather play as a human thief, is picking a race other than Khajiit still make for a good thief.

edit: typed that wrong, want to play as human thief.

overcast

hertog said:
This game is so freaking intimidating, every turn I take there are 5 more quests. I don't know where to go or what to start anymore
This. I've put so much time in, but I am seriously not advancing the story. At all.

Zeliard

overcast said:
This. I've put so much time in, but I am seriously not advancing the story. At all.

That's the way to do it. ;)

One of the RPS guys wrote a recent article on Skyrim where he mentioned he played 50 hours without seeing a single dragon (outside of during the intro), since he hadn't advanced the main quest to the point where they start showing up.

spekkeh

Banned
hertog said:
Yeah, I'm starting to tell NPCs "I don't have time for this", even though that's gameplaywise a weird thing to do (they wouldn't notice if you didn't do it anyway). But I'm not going to 100% this anyway, so might as well just roleplay it more.

bj00rn_

Banned
~50 hours in the 360 version...Then suddenly...: OMG, IT GOTZ RUN BUTTONZ! :-0

Guess I should have read the manual..... LOL

...Ooooo..., shortcut buttons as well... nice...

nib95

Banned
Just started the game (an hour or more in) and whilst the menu's look nice, I find them to be overly simple and cumbersome to use. Feel like much more info needed to be in them.

Game is imo gorgeous though. 360 version here and wow at some of the vistas and mountains.

spekkeh

Banned
zethren said:
Interesting that they actually have a floating model of a part of the tower in the imperial city.
Looks to me like it will be used for a skybox sooner than something they're going to actually fill in with DLC.

Wilbur

Banned
Luthos said:
Anybody else sacrifice stats for weapons or armor that you think looks cooler?

I have a full set of smith-upgraded Ebony, but I think I'm gonna go back to the Wolf armor (also smith-upgraded). In all, with my perks, I think I lose about 30 armor, from 310ish to 280ish. But yea, it's not like I'm having a ton of difficulty in dungeons.
When you say wolf armour, do you mean fur? Because if not, what the fuck is wolf armour?

Riposte

I probably spread my character too thin for Master Difficulty. Illusionist / Archer only (also using healing spell I start with). Do very little damage to enemies, getting people to turn on each other or abusing calm is basically the way to go.

So no one knows what I'm talking about concerning dual-casting restoration? I've ventured to Winterhold but am not sure who can give me restore spells.

Dresden

Fuck, the first main Companions quest was pretty awesome. Long dungeon crawl, cool
Shout, tons of loot, a wolf-bro, and an epic brawl at the end where I leveled my One Handed a few times just killing the waves of Draugrs.

Aegus

I believe I saw a ghost horse. I saw some blue apparition running at a fairly fast pace off in the distance, but two mudcrabs got in the way.

Anyone seen something similar?

Kum0

maniac-kun said:
For me its the best game this gen so far :D

TRUE!

We have been truly blessed this generation with some really TOP industry leading titles:

MGS 4
Mass Effect
Gears
Skyrim
Red Dead
Uncharted
God of War
GT5

Arjen

Anyone met that wandering singing dude in the wild? I see him every now and then on my travels, and he's always fighting with bears/bandits. I always save his as and then let him sing the dragonborn song.

Top Bottom