• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

Wanace

markot said:
On the one hand, empire is being douchey. On the other hand, so are the stormcloaks >.<;

Its a tough choice. Do you have to choose though before the 'end' of the main dragon related quests? I was hoping I could just become emperor and settle matters! What with dragonblood and what nots!

Also, supporting the skyrim seperatists weakens the empire, thus making Elvish take over more likely!

You don't have to choose before the main quest, I completed the main quest before I even thought about choosing a side.

Fjordson

Just experienced my first dragon attack in a town. Was coming out of the general goods shop in Riverwood and I hear yelling and the guards saying "Everyone inside!" as a dragon swoops overhead. So awesome.

Tenck

Any advantages of picking the side of Empire or Stormcloack? I was thinking of siding with the Empire, since I know them a lot more.

Yourself. Mead, lots and lots of Mead.

It's settled. I will ask Lydia to show me a good time, since I am the Thane and all, and keep all my money to myself.

LOL, I get the "My cousins out fighting dragons" line from one of the guards AS A RECENTLY SLAINS DRAGONS BODY IS BURNING UP BEHIND HER.

AWESOME.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
markot said:
Also, supporting the skyrim seperatists weakens the empire, thus making Elvish take over more likely!
Guess which side has the dohvakiin Mary Sue who's Skyrim's equivalent of Jesus.

Go on.

Guess.

ajf009

So I'm keeping the DB assassination note I took off the Argonian sent to kill me. The guy who signed the bottom and gave the order, his name's Astrid. When I finally get around to joining the DB, Astrid is a dead man

markot

Banned
Also, am I forgetting something, or did this 'romanification' stuff come out of no where for the empire >.<?

I dont remember that 'style' in oblivion.

Also, empire has a much cooler symbol (The dragon skyrim symbol!)

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
ajf009 said:
So I'm keeping the DB assassination note I took off the Argonian sent to kill me. The guy who signed the bottom and gave the order, his name's Astrid. When I finally get around to joining the DB, Astrid is a dead man
I cannot stop laughing.

MCermak

Lydia has perished.
During the first werewolf quest when you're in whiterun, i went mad and started attacking people after my transformation. Right before I blacked out, i realized that one of the NPCs was wearing familiar armor. My poor LYDIA WAS AMONG THE DEAD.
Unfortunately, I did not confirm this until after the subsequent quest. But when I got back to town, there was her corpse. WHAT HAVE I DONE!?

God, i love this game.

One question about companions: I really loved how fallout: new vegas had companions with backstories, quest lines and things to say. It doesn't seem like there is any of that here. Tell me I'm mistaken?

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Halycon said:
I cannot stop laughing.
Lmao, same here! Woah, it's always fun to kill NPCs. XD Use them, and throw them away!

RyanDG

markot said:
Also, am I forgetting something, or did this 'romanification' stuff come out of no where for the empire >.<?

I dont remember that 'style' in oblivion.

Also, empire has a much cooler symbol (The dragon skyrim symbol!)

There's a reason why they are known as the Imperial Legion. It was definitely that way in Oblivion and Morrowind before it.

markot

Banned
MCermak said:
Lydia has perished.
During the first werewolf quest when you're in whiterun, i went mad and started attacking people after my transformation. Right before I blacked out, i realized that one of the NPCs was wearing familiar armor. My poor LYDIA WAS AMONG THE DEAD.
Unfortunately, I did not confirm this until after the subsequent quest. But when I got back to town, there was her corpse. WHAT HAVE I DONE!?

God, i love this game.

One question about companions: I really loved how fallout: new vegas had companions with backstories, quest lines and things to say. It doesn't seem like there is any of that here. Tell me I'm mistaken?
I think there are too many companions for that really.

But I hate companions cause they just get in the way >.<!

Wanace

Tenck said:
Any advantages of picking the side of Empire or Stormcloack? I was thinking of siding with the Empire, since I know them a lot more.

It's settled. I will ask Lydia to show me a good time, since I am the Thane and all, and keep all my money to myself.

No particular advantage. It depends if you want to see Imperial guardsmen in some cities or Stormcloak guards. Also the Jarls change in certain cities. Aside from that I haven't really noticed much.

Mindlog

MrOogieBoogie said:
So, anyone know any good Black Friday deals on Skyrim?
I was trying to hold out for Black Friday (partly to get ahead on some paperwork beforehand), but there really aren't any great deals. Amazon has a pretty sweet trade-in going atm. I don't normally trade-in, but I am getting the same price I paid for the games I beat. Done deal.

I experienced a dragon attack on the roof of the College. I got worried that if I killed the dragon I would miss out on loot.
forgot I had the Spirit Shout
So I went back inside to get to ground level, but the Dragon left before we could finish the fight. Coward!

markot

Banned
RyanDG said:
There's a reason why they are known as the Imperial Legion. It was definitely that way in Oblivion and Morrowind before it.
I dont remember people dressed like Roman legionnaires in Oblivion. (But I dont remember much about that game tbh >.>!)

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Had the most satisfying stealth experience yesterday.

So I was on a mission to kill a powerful mage holed up in a fort on a distant island. People guarding him were tough and as a mage I wasn't up to fight them in the open (my companion weren't agile enough to climb the same rocks as me so she got stuck somewhere).
First I tried to search for an alternative route to the fort - a cave or something like that. Found nothing. There was a high fence around the fort and the gates were locked. If opened them with lockpicks I would face guards on the inside.

So I climbed on the rocks and finally found a place where the fence wasn't that high. I jumped into the inner yard, alerted guards and took two of them with backstabs while they were searching for me. The third one noticed me but I took him out with dual-casted ice spike. Before that I tried to fight two guards on the coast and barely made it alive, because they were tough.

So I cleared out the ward and tried the inner gates. They were locked with a key which was nowhere to be found. I went on exploring the island once again and FOUND the cave. It was basically a basement under this tower. I made my way up killing guards one by one with backstabs.

Then I encountered TWO guards sitting at the table facing each other. There was no way to take them out stealthily. Instead of this I casted fury on one of them and reduced their number to one. After he finished his companion he took a seat again and I sneaked on him to successfuly backstab.

Then I went to the top floor. The Wizard (the boss) was there. He was busy at enchantint table. He was staying in the room at the angle he could see the only door which I could use to enter. Yet I did it by casting muffle on my feet and using invisibility potion. I sneaked on him and dual backstabbed him.

Felt so good.

RyanDG

markot said:
I dont remember people dressed like Roman legionnaires in Oblivion. (But I dont remember much about that game tbh >.>!)

Oh wow - you are actually right. In native Oblivion, they changed the style to plate mail as opposed to the imperial style that they had in Morrowind.

Completely forgot they made that change since I believe I got a mod early on that gave them the imperial rome style armor.

Here's the image from Morrowind's armor:
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/File:MW_ImperialArmor.jpg

That's my bad.

Wow, Lydia went nuts when i was "showing Vilkas what I can do" at the companions place. Even after he stopped battling was & was talking to me about companions stuff, she was all "I'LL KILL YOU IF I HAVE TO!" *stab* while he was trying to talk to me. I had to get in between them so he could make his way into the building as she was chasing him.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Mindlog said:
I was trying to hold out for Black Friday (partly to get ahead on some paperwork beforehand), but there really aren't any great deals. Amazon has a pretty sweet trade-in going atm. I don't normally trade-in, but I am getting the same price I paid for the games I beat. Done deal.

I experienced a dragon attack on the roof of the College. I got worried that if I killed the dragon I would miss out on loot.
forgot I had the Spirit Shout
So I went back inside to get to ground level, but the Dragon left before we could finish the fight. Coward!

What trade-in deal?

Atomski

TekDragon said:
Try cycling all your quests in the quest tracker. If that doesn't work, play for a bit. I had that happen with a few items (giant toes and the 12-gold bottles of wine) and later, despite not doing any quest with them, I was then able to remove them from my inventory.
What do you mean by cycling through the quests? Like highlighting each one? Also I have probably had the items for a few days now.

Is there more Bards quests after the instruments?

mxgt

Banned
Damn, Draugr Deathlords are brutal. 1 hit kill me and 2 hit kill Lydia who I have kitted in some nice armour. Also outlevel master illusion spells. Had to LOS abuse massively.

ajf009

mxgt said:
Damn, Draug Deathlords are brutal. 1 hit kill me and 2 hit kill Lydia who I have kitted in some nice armour. Also outlevel master illusion spells. Had to LOS abuse massively.

oh man, I got my ass whooped repeatedly by one for awhile until I was able to figure out a way to kill it. The Claymore I got for it was damn worth it though, that thing's going on my trophy shelf

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
balddemon said:
no shit! he was so tough so i went and made the storm atronach book lol. helped buttloads. but he seriously 1hko'd me with chain lightning....
It took me 3 reloads to even see what the hell was skywalker'g my ass in one hit

mxgt said:
Damn, Draugr Deathlords are brutal. 1 hit kill me and 2 hit kill Lydia who I have kitted in some nice armour. Also outlevel master illusion spells. Had to LOS abuse massively.

I just ran into these dudes, WOW, one shot arrow to the face, I mean Im only around level 14 but thats crazy.

I'm tired of dragons randomly spawning in places preventing me from fast traveling. These fights aren't interesting or challenging in the least anymore, and I already have like 10 spare dragon souls, I don't need to kill anymore of you. Even on master difficulty all these fights end up being, use dragonrend, and spam double incinerate while dragon attacks summon/companion.

Styles

MattPeters said:
Looks like the PS3 save file bug is upon me.

:(

Same here, it's mostly in towns though. The stuttering and freezing can be distracting at times but it's still playable.

ajf009

SMT said:
Lmao, same here! Woah, it's always fun to kill NPCs. XD Use them, and throw them away!

I might just drag his body and throw it in a river. Or sit him next to the front door of one of my houses as a warning

mxgt

Banned
dreamer3kx said:
I just ran into these dudes, WOW, one shot arrow to the face, I mean Im only around level 14 but thats crazy.

I'm 35 and it one shots me, lol. Then again I am in all mage armour. That bow is lethal.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Mothman91 said:
Xbox froze on me twice tonight. Anyone else's Xbox freezing during gameplay?

happened to me 2x in 40hrs of gameplay so far, which is about par for the other Bethesda games I've played on 360.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
A dragon decided to attack in the courtyard of the Mage's College. Not. Smart.

It'd be neat if the dragon bones stayed in the world permanently. It'd be a nice little memory trigger while out and about "oh yeah, I remember this one... you fought well my friend."

Also, doesn't seem to matter what I do, this is how I end up:

miS36.jpg

RIP Lydia, RIP Faendal.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Borgnine said:

It'd be neat if the dragon bones stayed in the world permanently. It'd be a nice little memory trigger while out and about "oh yeah, I remember this one... you fought well my friend."

Also, doesn't seem to matter what I do, this is how I end up:

miS36.jpg

RIP Lydia, RIP Faendal.
Glad that meme lives on :) Faendal died on me without much fanfare. Don't know if I'll have another buddy.

I'm a dangerous man to know.

ajf009

Borgnine said:

RIP Lydia, RIP Faendal.

they don't?? It's been a couple weeks and the bones of the dragon that attacked Whiterun are still on the street in my game

Dresden

So I started a warrior dude with a side of restoration and it's a refreshing change of pace from all the sneaking and mageing I usually do. Also, finally decided to use companions.

Borgnine said:

Some of them can stay there for a pretty long time. There was an elder dragon corpse stuck in the gate wall of the college for a while. It was right on top of the entrance and its head was sticking right out. The wind was still blowing it around, it was like some bizarre haunted house.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Can I get a divorce and remarry? I put a ring on Camilla and she bugged out for awhile, but then recently reappeared. I've changed my mind now though and want to smang it up with Jordis instead.

iNvid02

i cant go into how much crazy awesome stuff has occurred, this game is endless. goty for me

^^ you can kill her, fireballs seem to kill almost anyone. my guy is engaged to aela from companions. although vikas was coming onto me as well, i totally forgot about the same sex marriage

Top Bottom