• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
When do I get offered a home in Solitude? Or is there a woman there I can marry and live with? I want a place there. Beautiful city.

Also, can somebody tell me what the command is on 360 to get your companion to pick things up?

And will Mercurio be waiting for me back at Riften? he didn't die, but I lost him when I walked into the Companion's place and was instantly initiated into a quest with a different companion.

Ramirez

I have a question regarding the ending quests of the Dark Brotherhood...

So, I now have this quest titled "Dark Brotherhood Forever", I've moved into Dawnstar Sanctuary and got all of the upgrades. This quest has already repeated the same person and kill contract twice, is this all that's left to do with the TDB? I was hoping to at least get some type of leet weapon(the dagger from Astrid was pretty nice I guess, but I'm using Bows mostly!) or armor upgrades from the inital ones they give you when you join. So is that quest and the contracts Nazir give you just ways to get money now and their story is concluded?

okenny

Banned
I think Im level 10 or 11. I turned off my console after that.

Sweet! Looks like you must have did something to piss it off enough to not give you a chance. Good luck
:lol (that's kinda messed up)
and may Thalos reduce the time between your scre... erm, Shouts.

EDIT:
When I have to fight a dragon in the open, my atranoch and a tall wide tree are my best friends cuz I weak ;_;

Arol

Some Dragons don't land, that's their nature, they have to be provoked via a Spell/Weapon.

Also, I think my game bugged out. I obtained a small bounty in Whiterun, I had it cleared but now whenever I enter Dragonsreach I keep getting attacked. It's a bit annoying seeing as I need the Court Wizard =\.

I have a question regarding the ending quests of the Dark Brotherhood...

So, I now have this quest titled "Dark Brotherhood Forever", I've moved into Dawnstar Sanctuary and got all of the upgrades. This quest has already repeated the same person and kill contract twice, is this all that's left to do with the TDB? I was hoping to at least get some type of leet weapon(the dagger from Astrid was pretty nice I guess, but I'm using Bows mostly!) or armor upgrades from the inital ones they give you when you join. So is that quest and the contracts Nazir give you just ways to get money now and their story is concluded?

Yes. Hence the "Forever" part, it's just to get cash/kill people

abundant

When do I get offered a home in Solitude? Or is there a woman there I can marry and live with? I want a place there. Beautiful city.

To get a chance to purchase a house, you must be a Thane of that Hold. To be Thane of Haafingar, you must talk to the Jarl and then complete five favors for people in Haafingar.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Some assassin tried to kill me, it says he was sent by the Dark Brotherhood. What did I do wrong? I killed no innocent. I want to know why it happened.

Arol

I figured as much, kinda lame that it already repeated with the same people 2 out 3 times though.

Well, I forgot to answer one thing you previously mentioned, spoiler during the Dark Brotherhood:

You can upgrade the Shrouded Armor, during a mission if you fulfilled Gabriella's optional mission requirement, you could up get the armor upgraded via a small mini-quest. I suppose you missed it since you didn't mention it.

Some assassin tried to kill me, it says he was sent by the Dark Brotherhood. What did I do wrong? I killed no innocent. I want to know why it happened.

Pretty sure it still triggers if you keep asking for rumors regarding the Dark Brotherhood at an Inn.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Well, I forgot to answer one thing you previously mentioned, spoiler during the Dark Brotherhood:

You can upgrade the Shrouded Armor, during a mission if you fulfilled Gabriella's optional mission requirement, you could up get the armor upgraded via a small mini-quest. I suppose you missed it since you didn't mention it.

Pretty sure it still triggers if you keep asking for rumors regarding the Dark Brotherhood at an Inn.

I never hear about the DB in the game yet other than in that letter on the assassin.

BTW is it normal that Swindlers' Den and Fort Greymoor are not marked as cleared even though I went through them and killed everyone there?

Luthos

Fast travel to preferred town to sell stuff: always arrive in the middle of the night.

Like every time. And then I have to wait however many hours until 8ish so I can sell.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Fast travel to preferred town to sell stuff: always arrive in the middle of the night.

Like every time. And then I have to wait however many hours until 8ish so I can sell.

Just sleep...

Arol

I never hear about the DB in the game yet other than in that letter on the assassin.

BTW is it normal that Swindlers' Den and Fort Greymoor are not marked as cleared even though I went through them and killed everyone there?

Oh, I'm not sure then.

As for the latter, I don't have them cleared yet either, even after going through them. Minor spoilers from what I've gathered around the internet though:

There's suppose to be another minor quest involved with Swindler's Den, at least from what I've gathered but it occurs much later in the game supposedly.

Or it's a just bug.

The Chef

Finally upgraded my Daedric bow to Legendary so it has a damage rating of 84. To my surprise it's just 1 point stronger than my Ebony bow. kinda disappointing.

Ramirez

You mean getting your future told? She told me to go seek out some old assassin, but I haven't done it yet. Thanks for the info.

scy

You might as well take the time to rest in a Bed to get the Rested/Well Rested bonus, assuming you're not a
Werewolf
. The small bonus to your Skill Gain helps raise your Speechcraft ever so slightly.

While you're at it, I'd hunt down a Beggar to give them 1 Gold for +10 Speechcraft for slightly better prices too.

Besides that, yeah, I always end up in Whiterun at like 1 AM somehow, regardless of wherever I start from :(

Leunam

What's up with the damned mannequins that never seem to properly display my armor. How am I supposed to complete my assassins lair when I can't even put up my gear properly?

GhaleonEB

What's up with the damned mannequins that never seem to properly display my armor. How am I supposed to complete my assassins lair when I can't even put up my gear properly?

Never had issues with mine. What happens?

My problems are 1) they freak me out when I enter my house in Solitude, I keep thinking some creepy guy is at the end of the hallway, and 2) the wall in Solitude is glitchy and distracting. How was that not caught?

okenny

Banned
so I guess I ran into my first glitch (Xbox360) my mage has no head when wearing a mask.

awesome.

It walks like a cake in the park's pieces compared to the PS3 version. They're rallying for a class-action lawsuit atm. I'm afraid they may even start an "occupy Skyrim OT" movement here on GAF. Beth should know that the wrath of a Skyrim junkie is fierce.

This pesky little bugs we have on the PC and 360 are a blessing by comparison :/

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Finally got my first house (and recommended by gaffers) in Markath. I was only lvl16 when I got there so I had to work my way up to 20 and then do the last mission for the Jarl and retrieve the shield. It's really nice and I have it fully furnished. I don't know whether or not to keep it organized but I finally got all my books on the shelves. I'm only about 34 hours into the game now and I have 3 shelves almost full except like 14 books in shelf 3 to be filled. I was sort of hoping I could keep all books in 1 house so I hope I can by more shelving for them. In that same token, I hope I can buy or add some chests as I need to store some of my lesser weps and stuff there. I put the sword from Meredith and the axe from the Jarl in my weapon display. I haven't figured out what's going in the glass display yet.

Now I can continue on to where I was and tidy up Whiterun and work my way naturally from there. I deviated for this house and now I have that. Time to get back on track.

Reuenthal

Banned
I found some Thalmor in Markath palace and killed them after they asked me to bring evidence of a Markath civilian worshiping Talos in his home. I am glad. I also got away with it.

Leunam

Never had issues with mine. What happens?

My problems are 1) they freak me out when I enter my house in Solitude, I keep thinking some creepy guy is at the end of the hallway, and 2) the wall in Solitude is glitchy and distracting. How was that not caught?

After I place a full set of armor on a mannequin, they will disappear completely. If I leave and come back, they might show up properly, but not centered on the base. Sometimes, all I'll see is a floating head with no armor and missing the body, or the mannequin will be completely invisible.

It's quite dumb.

okenny

Banned
Finally got my first house (and recommended by gaffers) in Markath.

I got that and I hate everything about it including my male live-in Lydia wanna-be :(

EDIT: I plan to wear my Amulet of Mara when the Jarl of Solitude makes me her Thane. Should the dialog option, I will marry her and move into the palace; also, nothing beats the feel of widowed snatch so I hope to get a rest bonus too :|

LiquidMetal14

I got that and I hate everything about it including my male live-in Lydia wanna-be :(

It's spacious and I have the one guy the Jarl assigned to me for being a made man. If I find something better, the books and ice cube trays are ah comin with me!

Reuenthal

Banned
I have visited a few cities but only have a home in Whiterun. Didn't get any option for one in Riften. As I consider Whiterun to be my home I doubt if I get a home elsewhere, I would move there.

KorrZ

Is it possible to marry someone in Whiterun and also have Lydia, as my housecarl, living in the same house as them?

Yes, Lydia will hangout with your wife at home all day while you're out adventuring. God only knows what happens for all those weeks you leave them alone.

ElyrionX

The reward for that path is significantly worse.

Mind elaborating please? As far as I know, the key rewards missed if you go the destroy option are:

Firiniel's End (unique bow obtained via one of the assassination missions)
Power to summon an ancient assassin once per day
Shadowmere mount
Ancient assassin armour (via Olava's token)

Anything else I'm missing? From a roleplayer's perspective, I'd rather do the destroy mission but I'm quite torn because joining seems to have so many great rewards down the line.

okenny

Banned
Yes, Lydia will hangout with your wife at home all day while you're out adventuring. God only knows what happens for all those weeks you leave them alone.

It seems the fruit lady isn't opening up. I'll hold of my decision till my speech-craft is 100 but if I can't have her (nothing tops a widow save for a widow with kids) then I'll propose to the tusks lady... she seems nice and I'll bet she'll bring in some cheese once she buys the tavern.

LiquidMetal14

I did an optional dungeon called Volskygge today too. LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG dungeon. All of it for nothing as I got stuck at the end with a character named Volsung. He can kill me with 1 hits sometimes and never more than 2. Someone beat this guy yet or am I going to have to wait until later and I'm more powerful?

ttocs

It seems the fruit lady isn't opening up. I'll hold of my decision till my speech-craft is 100 but if I can't have her (nothing tops a widow save for a widow with kids) then I'll propose to the tusks lady... she seems nice and I'll bet she'll bring in some cheese once she buys the tavern.
I went with the one chick that you have to deliver that fake letter to...Both guys wanted her so I swooped in and took her.

evanft

I'm level 27 with a full suit of steel plated armor and a heavy armor skill above 50. Why are dragons all of a sudden able to destroy me with barely more than one breath? What happened?

okenny

Banned
I did an optional dungeon called Volskygge today too. LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG dungeon. All of it for nothing as I got stuck at the end with a character named Volsung. He can kill me with 1 hits sometimes and never more than 2. Someone beat this guy yet or am I going to have to wait until later and I'm more powerful?

What's your level, armor and health rating?

I'm very early on and there was a woman walking with three guards outside of Whiterun. I approached her and began to talk. She told me she was on very important business and can't be bothered. I continued to ask her a question, she answered it and told me if I wanted to find out what will happen if I didn't stop bothering her. She suddenly pulled out a dagger. My natural reaction was to back up with my thumb over the "X" button. I thought it was on, but as I stepped back, she sheathed her blade and continued to walk on as her guards continued talking shit as they passed. Pretty cool moment.

okenny

Banned
I went with the one chick that you have to deliver that fake letter to...Both guys wanted her so I swooped in and took her.
You LEGO penis you ;)

I thought about going back and doing that when she told me something about it being a nice day with me around. I play this game with the same flaw that I live my real life with which is a complement from any women means that she's interested in me ;_;

Top Bottom