• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

thebeeks

Banned
Holy cow is my Argonian weak against frost spells. At first I thought it was all spells in general, but fire and shock spells don't affect him much. I guess that's just the risk you take when you're a giant lizard man.

Hazanko

Banned
Ebony would look cool if the back of your neck didn't show and the helmet didn't make you look like an alien.

I really don't like the way Daedric looks. Dragonbone is okay, I guess. Steel Plate looks decent. Overall I just prefer using a mishmash of armors. Ebony Mail + Nightingale Helm + Shrouded Gloves + plain Leather Boots of Sneaking that I found like at level 10.

My Orc looks awesome in Orcish armour. I'm going to stick with that for the rest of the game. Full Nightingale looks amazing, shame it's light armour.

HTuran

38KC1l.jpg

Pretty much done with the game. Haven't finished Mage's Guild or Companion's because it really doesn't suit the character. Plus it's already taken far too much of my time. See you for DLC!

So GAF which town do you call your home sweet home?

At first I felt like Riverwood would be a nice little quaint town by the river to grow old in. However, while doing the companions quests in Whiterun, I had a bunch of stuff to do out West, so I sold all my loot and told my dear Aela I did not know when I was coming back.

Needless to say I traveled the countryside from Markarth to Solitude till exhaustion, and just felt like going "home". Once I reached the plains of Whiterun and saw it in the distance, it was an amazing feeling for some reason.

At first I felt like Riverwood would be a nice little quaint town by the river to grow old in. However, while doing the companions quests in Whiterun, I had a bunch of stuff to do out West, so I sold all my loot and told my dear Aela I did not know when I was coming back.

Needless to say I traveled the countryside from Markarth to Solitude till exhaustion, and just felt like going "home". Once I reached the plains of Whiterun and saw it in the distance, it was an amazing feeling for some reason.

I have that sort of connection with Whiterun as well.

I'll call it my primary home for now, plus my lovely concubine/companion makes the home for me while I'm away on my quests and raids.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

Thinking of moving all my stuff to Winterun.

Arch-mage quarters are AMAZING

I think my single most dissappointing moment was when i was fighting two creatures that were way more powerful than me by constantly running around the room to avoid contact while using novice flame and novice healing. I managed to get one almost killed and was mazed that i was doing so well, then the guy starting using his own healing magic and I immediately took that as the game telling me to stop trying to kill things that are probably three times my level.

At least i was actually able to them a few levels and a fighting partner later.

Long story short, fuck you
shimmermist cave

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
So, as far as the Dark Brotherhood goes, who else
killed that Assassin girl in the cabin when presented with the three people to kill? Now I get to go and kill the entire DB in their home base as a mission. :D

Sianos

Is he the necromancer in that tomb where the guy asks you to go in with him after his aunt? The one who teleports around and summons Draugr?

I had Lydia and the guy fight the Draugr while I pelted the necromancer with arrows. Wasn't too bad.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So, as far as the Dark Brotherhood goes, who else
killed that Assassin girl in the cabin when presented with the three people to kill? Now I get to go and kill the entire DB in their home base as a mission. :D

Shouldn't have read it, but man it's so cool that that's an option.

I'm gonna need to take a lot more advantage of them than this would allow, but it really is sweet that you can do that!

MrBig

Had a fight between a Frost Dragon, an Elder Dragon, a saber cat, 3 mammoths, 2 giants, and 2 Vigilants of Stendar, with Shadowmere there as well.
Bounty missions can be very fun at times :lol

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
So... my main character has basically become unplayable. :(

I guess the save file is too big? I don't know... many of the textures wont load (mostly on reg clothing) and the framerate is in single digits at times. Also micro freezes and nauseating jitteriness.

I have a few other characters, but this was my favorite.

When are they supposedly fixing this? I'm pretty upset right now. Had the entire day off to play or do whatever, and the game is just too broken to continue.

Ramma2

How many of the Thieve's Guild busy work quests do you need to do before the Guild is completely back up and running? I think I did one of each type, wondering if I need to do more.

scy

Let me guess. Only child.

Middle. And I don't actually have the mod installed as it is not something I really want in my game.

Shouldn't have read it, but man it's so cool that that's an option.

I'm gonna need to take a lot more advantage of them than this would allow, but it really is sweet that you can do that!

It bugs me that there's not more options like it. Like perhaps one to
dismantle the Thieves Guild, for instance
. Would have been a nice extra touch to get it expanded to more of the Guilds.

How many of the Thieve's Guild busy work quests do you need to do before the Guild is completely back up and running? I think I did one of each type, wondering if I need to do more.

A minimum of 20 of them, 5 in each major city (minus Riften, Winterhold).

Kyoufu

I think my Shadowmere bit the dust at some point. I went into a ruin and came out and fast traveled and he wasn't with me anymore. :(

I know it can die if it falls off a cliff or something, but I don't think you can lose it from fast travel. It may be at a stable or at the Dark Brotherhood sanctuary.

scy

Riften is my area. I love the whole fall setting. Need to figure out how to get the home there though.

If you haven't found it yet, you're looking for the Argonian named
Wojeeta (I think that's the spelling) who asks for a potion. The quest line is to root out the skooma problem in Riften. You'll get the ability to buy the house at the end of the quest

Edit: You may need to
do a few quests here and there around the city as well, but this is the major requirement as far as I know

I know it can die if it falls off a cliff or something, but I don't think you can lose it from fast travel. It may be at a stable or at the Dark Brotherhood sanctuary.

Mine didn't even make it to the place I was heading. Died down some cliff and I just let it be, didn't even bother to reload. If it was dead already I wasn't hopeful for the future.

this blows. i didn't know i entered another dungeon via backdoor. i was trying to solve some lever puzzle to open a sealed door, but it was impossible to do so from this side. wasted 30 minutes on that :(

Kyoufu

Mine didn't even make it to the place I was heading. Died down some cliff and I just let it be, didn't even bother to reload. If it was dead already I wasn't hopeful for the future.

Should have reloaded man, it's a great pony.

It fights for you, has insane regen and on top of that allows you to power level your offensive spells/attacks on it :lol

scy

Is it better to let
Cicero
live?

DB spoiler

I don't think it matters, really.
Killing him does get you a better version of the Jester's equipment you find in the Sanctuary but not much else. Though, you can just off him later if you do spare him

I am running into a little trouble with Markarth guards. I have a bounty there from a quest and when I try to pay off my bounty to a guard, he declines. And when I try to submit to go to jail, he says something like "off to the mines for you...," but nothing actually happens. I am not seeing a way around this at the moment, so any help would be appreciated.

Lebron

Is it worth joining the Dark Brotherhood if I'm not an Assassin and have no real interest in leveling up the skill sets?

LOZLINK

Anyone else disappointed in the merchant system? I like the old mini game in Oblivion, don't like how there's no opportunity to change prices without perks/apparel

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
I am running into a little trouble with Markarth guards. I have a bounty there from a quest and when I try to pay off my bounty to a guard, he declines. And when I try to submit to go to jail, he says something like "off to the mines for you...," but nothing actually happens. I am not seeing a way around this at the moment, so any help would be appreciated.

There is a quest where you are
required to go to jail. Is it the conspiracy quest?

Leunam

Poor Dawnstar. In my game, they got attacked by a dragon on my second visit there, and while I was there for a mission a few days later, they got attacked by two dragons at once.

CHEEZMO™;32986616 said:
I have the exact same problem. Have for days now.

We aren't the only ones either.

Damn, that sucks. I guess I will avoid doing any quest in Markarth for now, but there is no way in hell I am starting over. It's good to know I am not the only one with the issue, though. If they don't fix it eventually though, I may end up selling my copy, which would be a shame since I am enjoying the game very much.

redhot_

Damn, that sucks. I guess I will avoid doing any quest in Markarth for now, but there is no way in hell I am starting over. It's good to know I am not the only one with the issue, though. If they don't fix it eventually though, I may end up selling my copy, which would be a shame since I am enjoying the game very much.

I got around this issue by joining the Imperials and completing that quest line.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Is there any reason to get married aside for sin-free fapping purposes? Any in-game benefits?

Poor Dawnstar. In my game, they got attacked by a dragon on my second visit there, and while I was there for a mission a few days later, they got attacked by two dragons at once.
What's your avatar from? I like.

okenny

Banned
Question about the Innocence Lost quest-line:

Is it possible to finish the quest successfully without killing her? For example, turning her with a high-enough speech-craft.

okenny

Banned

I'd gotta imagine it doesn't take much to anger a dragon but Dawnstar gets raped like no other. I wonder if its higher than normal attack frequency is explained in the game.

GhaleonEB

Solitude. It was the first major town I went to, and the first house I bought (I have one in Markarth as well). The size and layout of the house, combined with the nearby blacksmith and a good general store, makes it cozy and handy.

Adding Enchanting/Smithing/Alchemy to the skills I'm working on has really accelerated the speed that my character levels at. I was enjoying the slowed leveling pacing, since I feel like I've barely done any quests and am level 37. I really want to push Enchanting to where I can add two enchantments to a weapon.

Top Bottom