• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I did an optional dungeon called Volskygge today too. LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG dungeon. All of it for nothing as I got stuck at the end with a character named Volsung. He can kill me with 1 hits sometimes and never more than 2. Someone beat this guy yet or am I going to have to wait until later and I'm more powerful?

I beat him at around level 20, I think (it was definitely in the 20s).

I did this without going through Volskygge - I went up the mountain straight to Volsung. Then I went through the exist of Volskygge and killed the main "boss" right from the start. When I eventually decide to go through the entrance to it, I assume that the dungeon will now be considerably easier.

Visceir

I'm level 27 with a full suit of steel plated armor and a heavy armor skill above 50. Why are dragons all of a sudden able to destroy me with barely more than one breath? What happened?

That helps you against physical damage, a dragon's breath is magical damage, get some gear to reduce fire/ice damage.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
The reward for that path is significantly worse.
Eh, I'm gonna do a new character at some point that'll go the dark route, so I'm not too worried about that.

Shouldn't have read it, but man it's so cool that that's an option.

I'm gonna need to take a lot more advantage of them than this would allow, but it really is sweet that you can do that!

Yeah, the game never even presented it as an option. I just thought, hey, let's try this...and not only did it work, but it has it's own questline and everything. Woo!

Luthos

Wow, I have to do the Companions to be able to get the last Fire Breath word? Lame.

I respect that you can do all the guilds in one character. But my RP nature doesn't exactly want my mage to be in the Companions.

okenny

Banned
124 right now.

That's about what I was at level 21 but then I started investing in heavy armor perks and still working with minor game-made enchanted items. At level 34, I don't have any smithed or special gear on higher than my orc heavy iron but the perk bonuses have granted me 234 armor rating thus far. I can probably get it to something crazy once I get the set and enchantment I really want. Long story short: go ranged when you're that weak and use an atranoch to agro so you can have enough chance to heal up. I found that after 200+ armor, nothing seems to be able to one-shot me anymore which gives me just enough time to heal up while my guys are agro-ing.

I've fought some pretty messed up bosses thus far but I've survived by never taking anything head-on. There's some grind wizards here on GAF doing some strange game-braking enchantments but going down that route may ruin your game. I can't remember if I came across that one yet.

GhaleonEB

So, on my way to do my first Dark Brotherhood assassinations, I'm attacked by one of those random assassins on the road (my third), with a note from the DB targeting me.

wat

Shrennin

So, on my way to do my first Dark Brotherhood assassinations, I'm attacked by one of those random assassins on the road (my third), with a note from the DB targeting me.

wat

Perhaps it's a trap?

And I still have two annoying quest glitches that I hope get resolved:

Sergius won't take my greater soul gems (he's requesting five of them, but the quest is not listed on my quest log) and Vekel isn't giving me a reward for the four journals he had me track down (he thanks me for completing it, tells me that he has my payment, but I receive nothing and I still have the four journals in my inventory. The quest is counted as completed though).

If those two issues got solved, I would forgive the disappearing inventory in the barrel in my apprentice quarters.

soldat7

Please tell me you can turn off the blood splatter on the camera in this game (360). Good grief that looks more annoying than in Mass Effect 2.

Shrennin

Please tell me you can turn off the blood splatter on the camera in this game (360). Good grief that looks more annoying than in Mass Effect 2.

Let's not go that far! It's somewhat annoying, but not near the level of the blood veins in ME2.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
The quests to restore the Thieves Guild back to its former glory are fucking boring. Not gonna lie. Just trudging through them and not having any fun.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Civil War quests.

Siding with Stormcloaks. Is there anyway to get Whiterun's Jarl to side with Ulfric? Will the attack on Whiterun make me enemies of the Companions? (I'm already with them)

Gila

How is it that my Heavy armor levels up when I'm wearing an Elvan armor?..

e/ oh wait...nvm I might be wearing some heavy boots or bracers or something

Im so noob

soldat7

Let's not go that far! It's somewhat annoying, but not near the level of the blood veins in ME2.

Can you at least turn it off? From watching videos, you get splattered even when rats peck at you. I might just pick this up on PC in a year when I upgrade, assuming you can mod it out, rather than dealing with that crap on consoles.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Way too many immortals in this game. Fucking half of Solitude is immortal! The blacksmith? Really?
SERIOUSLY. I tried to kill two major assholes, but the game wouldn't let me, and I was so pissed. The rich prison-owner douche bag in Markarth, and the guy who tries to recruit you into the Thieve's Guild in
the Riften market

wat
Haha, guess he didn't get the memo.

Civil War quests.

Siding with Stormcloaks. Is there anyway to get Whiterun's Jarl to side with Ulfric? Will the attack on Whiterun make me enemies of the Companions? (I'm already with them)
I don't think there is anyway to change the Jarl's choice. And it has no effect on the companions or any other quests.

GhaleonEB

You probably got caught stealing and someone took a contract on you.
Nah, never been caught. I've heard that you can not get caught and still have a contract put out on you, though. Would be neat if the notes said who they were from.

They probably just didn't get the memo.

Probably this. :lol

Just did my first hit. I think my preferred method (unless otherwise specified) will be to
do those 2x backstab gloves as I approach the target. 30x backstab is so absurdly, wonderfully OP I won't be able to resist.
Nothing like slicing the throat of some bum as he watches the sunset.

I'm riding to the first three on horseback, doing some exploring on the way, savoring the anticipation before the kill. Found the farmer growing Nirnroot on the way to the first one. 0_o

I'd pay good coin for a DB-focused game.

Tenck

Is there anyway I can use the
skeleton
key after I return it? I'm almost to the part where I return it but it seems like it would help me a lot :/

Tom Penny

This son of a bitch .Fuck me. Hardest Dragon Battle I had. Ancient Dragon with some frost breathe. Killed the whole town. Took me forever to kill it.

TESV2011-11-2700-39-41-08.jpg

TESV2011-11-2700-41-40-07.jpg

Visceir

Is there anyway I can use the
skeleton
key after I return it? I'm almost to the part where I return it but it seems like it would help me a lot :/

You could...keep the key and forget about doing the rest of the quests!

I haven't invested a single perk point into lockpicking and I've had no real problems cracking doors/locks open and I usually have 99+ lockpicks.

Tenck

You could...keep the key and forget about doing the rest of the quests!

I haven't invested a single perk point into lockpicking and I've had no real problems cracking doors/locks open and I usually have 99+ lockpicks.

But are the Nightingale perks worth it or is the key good enough to avoid them?

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
This Maurice guy is an idiot. Runs right into a bandit infested area to fight barehanded.

There is another way off the road, with a spider.

Careful not to miss the sanctuary later on. I missed it, and ended up fighting a dragon with Maurice trying to survive. He died:p

Dresden

I have like 190 lockpicks now, there's never any incentive to be careful picking locks. Snap! Snap! Snap! And by breaking picks you level up faster. Lol.

Concept17

Im at level 15 looking for the 3 stolen books. How do I get there, mountains are blocking my path.

can anyone can help me

If its the quest I'm thinking of its back inside Markarth(sp?) back where you go to the Hall of the Dead and such. I forget the name of the place, but yeah, its inside there. Awesome dungeon.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Way too many immortals in this game. Fucking half of Solitude is immortal! The blacksmith? Really?
Yeah man, after finishing the Stormcloaks quest, for kicks I decided to shield charge people, which led to murdering all of Windhelm. Thing is, it didn't take for a lot of them. Seemingly random characters, too.

i-Lo

Lydia

There are spells that do the Nightingale perks better.

Ahh! Thank you.

Also, with regards to Storage: Is there a way or place in Breezehome where items are stored according to "Type" like they are when in my or Lydia's personal possession so that retrieving them becomes easier?

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Nope, just put them in different places.

Just got my fire breath. Awesome. Those undead got toasted:p

i-Lo

Nope, just put them in different places.

Just got my fire breath. Awesome. Those undead got toasted:p

Ah, thank you.

I must impress upon the fact that seeing a dragon appear randomly in vicinity evokes anxiety like no other.

Funny thing is that I reloaded a save file because I was getting attacked by a dragon with Frost attack out of the blue and Lydia was not present at that location. 10 minutes into the new load and a fire breathing one descends upon me. It was epic.

Also the skies of Skyrim... are just eye melting! Too good.

Skyrim: Sky never looked better

Ramirez

Mind elaborating please? As far as I know, the key rewards missed if you go the destroy option are:

Firiniel's End (unique bow obtained via one of the assassination missions)
Power to summon an ancient assassin once per day
Shadowmere mount
Ancient assassin armour (via Olava's token)

Anything else I'm missing? From a roleplayer's perspective, I'd rather do the destroy mission but I'm quite torn because joining seems to have so many great rewards down the line.

Wait, which mission gives the bow? I swear it better not be the one where you have to hide a the Gourmet's body, I hid it behind some huge barrels and couldn't get a complete thing to pop up. Where was I supposed to put him?!

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
It happens on PS3 too guys. In the menu, sometimes textures are lowres. Probably an automatic downscale of textures based on how much memory is being used. Probably won't ever be "fixed" as it isn't a bug.

Dresden

Yo guys, so:

- Are the bash perks worth taking? I'm looking at Deadly Bash and Disarming Bash, wonder if they work well. Power Bash alone seemed to get the job done.

- Has anyone figured out how much damage the Bleed perks in one-handed/two-handed for axes do?

Concept17

Yo guys, so:

- Are the bash perks worth taking? I'm looking at Deadly Bash and Disarming Bash, wonder if they work well. Power Bash alone seemed to get the job done.

- Has anyone figured out how much damage the Bleed perks in one-handed/two-handed for axes do?

Deadly Bash is worth it. Not only do you get a stagger, but it typically does the same amount of damage as a normal attack would. Haven't gotten to Disarming yet, but I think its like 10%? Doesn't sound terribly useful.

Top Bottom