• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

NBtoaster

There are a few different types of Dragons, Blood dragons have a mean bite on Expert.

I am level 30 something and the hardest enemies are still dragons. Blood Dragons or Ice Dragons that is. Normal Dragons who haven't appeared for a long while and I might have seen 2 or 3 are not that strong. I call those 'baby dragons'.

Just as an FYI, Dragons are levelled. I'm level 35 and blood dragons are cake, but frost dragons still give a hard time.

dragon levels:
level 10 - Dragon
level 20 - blood dragon
level 30 - frost dragon
level 40 - elder dragon
level 50 - ancient dragon

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hey, I've got a couple. (scaled down, I hate the way it stretches horizontally, but they're 1080p)
wOq6Qh.jpg

gKPlFh.jpg

Thieves Guild sorta spoiler: http://i.imgur.com/K8rr3.jpg

pringles

I'm already level 36 and have barely scraped the surface of this game. Almost no Guild quests done, very little Main Quest, still about half of the major cities unvisited.

Starting to feel really powerful too. Only strong enemies using Magic give me trouble. Other enemies die before they even detect me.

GhaleonEB

A few notes:

I'm nudging my daughter toward the Dark Brotherhood. Things are in motion, and they are hilariously wicked.

I climbed the 7,000 steps or whatever. Truly gorgeous trip up, this game continues to surprise me in the vistas it pulls of. Skyrim is the first 360 game in several years to surprise me on what it can pull off.

My daughter and I are building a spreadsheet of ingredient effects. I know there are ones out there, but it's fun to experiment and slowly fill it in, and it's a fun project for us. She's methodical and organized, and I get to teach her Excel. Family bonding via Skyrim.

I love that the Thieves Guild markers are on so many buildings. I didn't know what they were until my daughter found the Shadow Marks book and we started identifying them. Protected houses, loot houses, fences and so on. Great details. (I've since snagged my own book.)

scy

From the PC thread:

http://www.abload.de/img/tesv2011-11-2623-20-2f3ucr.png[IMG]

[IMG]http://www.geforce.com/Active/en_US/shared/images/articles/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-five-fast-tweaks/Skyrim-AO-6-On.png[IMG]

First is mine, second isn't. This game is sexy.[/QUOTE]

Indeed it is:

[img]http://h7.abload.de/img/screenshot4326rjujl.png

It is quite a shame that most night skies I see in Skyrim have it raining or snowing or something besides ... well, this.

Lakitu

st5fu
So, anyone going to post general stats such as people killed? I'm not playing right now as I've been busy tonight, but I was looking and was astounded that I already had killed 530 people.

scy

Sorry to be a stick in the mud but man, that's tasteless.

I feel like I'd want to murder the children less if they weren't such giant assholes 90% of the time. The two annoying brats in Whiterun alone are enough to make me seek out their deaths in whatever gruesome fashion I can find.

Yeah, I have only seen the aurora maybe 5 or 6 times in 120 hours of playing.

The very first night sky I saw in-game was that and it was gorgeous. 100 hours later, this is maybe the third or fourth time I've seen it total and I've installed quite a few mods since to improve the visuals. It still stands out.

I find myself using the Clear Skies shout quite often.

I haven't unlocked any shouts yet (besides the first one you get). I feel like I may have to run out and get this one now.

scy

So, anyone going to post general stats such as people killed? I'm not playing right now as I've been busy tonight, but I was looking and was astounded that I already had killed 530 people.

Better question may be how many bunnies slaughtered. Across three characters, I've got around 30.

I may be a terrible person.

I can not believe that in 13 days I have put in 100 hours in Skyrim. That is just.... wow.

and I've only completed the companions quest line. I'm about 1/2 through thieves, just joined dark brotherhood, haven't touched the mage's college, and have only just now received the
Horn
(main story).

I will have no problem putting another 100 hours into the remaining content, and that is before DLC...... WOW!!!!!

MrBig

I haven't unlocked any shouts yet (besides the first one you get). I feel like I may have to run out and get this one now.

Shouts add a really nice dynamic to the game. I advise playing the main quest up until you get to the throat of the world (above hrothgar) and then continue doing whatever you want.

TekDragon

Banned
I feel like I'd want to murder the children less if they weren't such giant assholes 90% of the time. The two annoying brats in Whiterun alone are enough to make me seek out their deaths in whatever gruesome fashion I can find.

Let me guess. Only child.

TekDragon

Banned
anyone? :°

Steel plate. With enchanting and smithing, plus a blacksmith and enchanting potion (which you're guaranteed to run into a few of) you can get steel plate armor up to the 80% mitigation cap - making it just as powerful as Daedric without the stupid CHAOS SPEZ MARINE look.

Astra

My God, I've been robbed!
What is Skyrim coming to when people will steal your furniture... your bed!

so I loaded my game, and I was greeted with this in my Solitude home...

hPHbg.jpg

This is my bedroom, where is my bed? My safe! (Edit: ah, my safe is still there, nevermind. On a somewhat bright side, all my furniture that was returned seemed to have been restocked. I took all the gold out of my wardrobes and whatnot previously, but they all had the gold in them again.)

Other pics:

http://i.imgur.com/oPDAS.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/bhLcU.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/tKBZN.jpg < What the hell is the point of a Housecarl if she did nothing to prevent this. Doesn't she say she'll protect me and all I own with her life? Bitch.
http://i.imgur.com/wUrzO.jpg < Might not be her fault. As you can see to the right here, a void has appeared in my home. Goddamn Daedra coming in and stealing my furniture. > http://i.imgur.com/NmDqO.jpg

They left all my sweetrolls. I don't understand their mindset.

So I left and came back, and my furniture was in place. Probably Sheogorath fucking with my head or something. My house is a disaster area now! Plates, and books all over the place. In some cases my silver platter is skewered by my tables!

1MMZf.jpg

You should be able to order your Housecarl to clean this up.

Dresden

Ebony would look cool if the back of your neck didn't show and the helmet didn't make you look like an alien.

I really don't like the way Daedric looks. Dragonbone is okay, I guess. Steel Plate looks decent. Overall I just prefer using a mishmash of armors. Ebony Mail + Nightingale Helm + Shrouded Gloves + plain Leather Boots of Sneaking that I found like at level 10.

pringles

lol.

I placed all my books in a bookshelf in my house.

When I came home after my next adventure, they were all scattered on the floor.. :/

I'm convinced Lydia did it.. :mad:

Gila

Noob question, but you can join more than one faction/guild/whatever right?

I always pop here and see I finally got in the "Dark Brotherhood" or "Thieves" (I have no idea what those are just yet, and I'm hoping it's a guild of some sort). But anyways, I just joined The Companions guild and turned into a werewolf...just wondering if I will still be able to join the thieves and whatnot later in the game.

I hope I didn't fuck up by joining a one-and-only guild so you must choose wisely thing

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Shouts add a really nice dynamic to the game. I advise playing the main quest up until you get to the throat of the world (above hrothgar) and then continue doing whatever you want.

Absolutely. FUS RO DAH is such a great ace in the hole to get the upper hand in battle.

Meteorain

Noob question, but you can join more than one faction/guild/whatever right?

I always pop here and see I finally got in the "Dark Brotherhood" or "Thieves" (I have no idea what those are just yet, and I'm hoping it's a guild of some sort). But anyways, I just joined The Companions guild and turned into a werewolf...just wondering if I will still be able to join the thieves and whatnot later in the game.

I hope I didn't fuck up by joining a one-and-only guild so you must choose wisely thing

You can join as many guilds as you want.

The only real choice I believe is between Legion and Stormcloaks.

PS3 here too.. My game gets terribly slow after a lot of fast travel, and I've found quitting the game to xmb and reloading fixes it. Solitude is a low fps town in general though.
This has been working for me too, thank god! So far, I've only full on frozen twice in 100 hours. Not too shabby!

Holy shiiiiiiiit at the (Thieves Guild questline spoiler)
Nightingale Armor! So fucking awesome. I feel like Batman/Nightwing right now lol

I'm at about 60 hours in and loving the hell out of this game. GOTY for me and I'm not even close to being done with it yet. No contest.

newsguy

Guys I need to share. I'm 35 hours in, and still obsessed. Ive never played a game for this long in my life (I really don't like RPGs). This game is astounding, despite the fact that I can't finish 2 quests due to glitches. I hope they fix those broken questlines in the patch.

balddemon

Banned
my friend is getting his butt kicked by a mage he claims is named Vas Valador....google doesn't help me...you guys know who he might be talking about?

Top Bottom