• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

hahaha, I've been sitting on that misc quest for almost the entire game. I don't feel like it anyways. Yeah, that's a good answer >>

For giants (ONE at a time, I'm only level 22) I just freeze them with the Ice Form shout and then use the Sanguine Staff, then just kind of let a Dremora do all the work. Same goes for dragons.

I just got back from a long family vacation to Florida and haven't had too much chance to play... well, actually, I played a lot over vacation but 90% of it was playing through earlier parts of the game with my best friend as well as with my sister's boyfriend later in the week, both of which had just bought the game when I got there. It was awesome since my friend was playing a Destruction Mage and my sister's bf was playing a 1h/Shield Warrior (I'm an Archer/Illusionist myself) - got to see some different play-styles.

The mage was particularly interesting, my friend was actually having a LOT of trouble with it before I got there and was in the process of switching to a 1h/Resto "Paladin" character. I insisted we keep playing the mage and try to fix whatever was wrong with it. Basically he was running out of mana before he could kill enemies, didn't use Alchemy and didn't want to go through the process of chugging mana potions. What we did was finish off the Winterhold College quest-line. Not only is the
Archmage's
robes amazing but the
mask from the dragon priest
at the end of that final dungeon is really good for his build. On top of that, at the beginning of the dungeon you pick up the Equilibrium Spell, with a few points in Restoration you can dual cast that with a Heal and fill up your mana in no-time... he actually turned out to be a little OP by the time we stopped.

I played my dude a bit last night, level 27. Trying to finally get around to joining the Thieves guild so I hopped a carriage to Riften and did the little ring quest for Brynjolf but then he told me to meet him down at the hideout in the Ratway. Unfortunately he wouldn't go down there. I ran back and forth about 4 times, waited until different points in the day/night, etc... I looked online and apparently he bugs out sometimes and won't leave his little hut in the town square. I punched him and had him follow me to the hideout, charmed him and then picked up the quest but I couldn't get him to remain at a positive disposition without constantly Charming him so I reloaded and tried to just sprint into him and manually push him down there... too far though so I used Console Commands to take direct control of him and run him down there. Weird, but at least I got the quests - hope I don't have to do that every time.

ElyrionX

So I got the new patch on PC and played an hour or two. Only noticeable issue thus far is the resistance bug. Have there been any other major issues reported? I assume that playing with this patch isn't going to corrupt my save games or anything?

Ezduo

Banned
Oh God, I've tried to be a good character throughout but within an hour I've manged to
kill an innocent man then eat his flesh and lure an innocent priest to a demon shrine where I beat him into submission until he renounced his God and sold his soul to the demon. There aren't going to be any unintended consequnces from doing these quests are there? Didn't seem to be any "good" way of completing them."

Woorloog

Banned
God, I hope not. If I want to fight a Giant, I'll go out and find one.

With DLC hooks, i meant scripts etc. from which DLC starts/continues/is based on. Fallout New Vegas had areas where the DLC quests started plus hints towards them. Mass Effect 2 had DLC hooks in the game, some were inserted to retail, others added with patches though i'm not sure what their nature was.

Funny how no one comments on Dragonborn being a wood elf (elf!) or a vampire for that matter. Bethesda really should've made more consequences to this game. DLC maybe?

Phreaker

And quite frankly, pure magic sucks. Mostly because I'm pausing every few seconds to select the right spell for the job. And as you said, running of out of mana is annoying since switching to swords or bows is so inefficient.

How is pressing right or left on the d-pad to switch to one of them you have hot-keyed inefficient? I'll admit that if I want to use a spell I don't have hot-keyed it can be a bit of a pain to bring up the favorites and press left or right tigger, but it's not that bad.

So when I grab an enchanted item is there any reason NOT to destroy it and learn the enchantment? I mean I can apply it to other things so is there any reason why I wouldn't want to destroy the original item?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Apologies, I have been away and not following the thread for a few days. Has there been any word from Bethesda regarding the patch issues on 360?

Zaptruder

Banned
Oh God, I've tried to be a good character throughout but within an hour I've manged to
kill an innocent man then eat his flesh and lure an innocent priest to a demon shrine where I beat him into submission until he renounced his God and sold his soul to the demon. There aren't going to be any unintended consequnces from doing these quests are there? Didn't seem to be any "good" way of completing them."

Good is weak. Evil is AWESOME.

SKYRIM.

Ezduo

Banned
What enchantments do you guys put on your weapons? I'm getting tired of having to refill my sword every 10 minutes with a full frost enchantment. Wasn't much better before with electricity and the damn slow penalty barely lasts long enough for me to move after hitting them. Meanwhile when I'm slowed it lasts damn near 10 seconds. Fucking hell.

What enchantments do you guys put on your weapons? I'm getting tired of having to refill my sword every 10 minutes with a full frost enchantment. Wasn't much better before with electricity and the damn slow penalty barely lasts long enough for me to move after hitting them. Meanwhile when I'm slowed it lasts damn near 10 seconds. Fucking hell.

I've had a ton of fun with my paralyze-enchanted war axes. Watching enemies go to sleep in the middle of a battle is always amusing.

Dunlop

disenchant a weapon, then apply that enchant on all the iron daggers you're making. Very easy. You just require petty soul gems (filled).

damn that is so easy..obviously why I couldn't think of it

3AQmK.gif

TekDragon

Banned
Working on my smithing now which is easy.

how do you level enchanting?

Keep all the soul gems you find. Buy all the filled petty and empty petty and lesser gems in the stores when you see them. Shove them in a crate in your house.

When you're ready to level smithing and enchanting just go around Whitefun buying up all the iron and leather strips, make 5-6 dozen iron daggers, and then enchant them all.

Repeat a bare handful of times, improve all your gear to legendary, then enchant everything with +% damage enchants and +% sneak chance.

Congrats, you've now broken the game.

Ezduo

Banned
I've had a ton of fun with my paralyze-enchanted war axes. Watching enemies go to sleep in the middle of a battle is always amusing.
Do you have the full enchant or did you lower the power to get more charges? My sword needs a full recharge after two dungeons at the rate I'm going and I'm pretty sick of it for what doesn't appear to be much of an advantage.

Ezduo

Banned
Double post.

May as well use it: is there a mod to make the circlets light armor so I don't have to cover my face but can still keep the light armor bonuses?

Im officially obsessed with creating the most powerful Bow imaginable.

My Smithing is at 100 so when I use a grindstone my Daedric Bow ranks to Legendary and has a damage rating of 65 or something. I drank like 15 Fortify Smithing potions and the damage went to 102.

Is there a limit how high my smithing can go with use of Fortify Smithing apparel and potions?
I want this bow to be MAXED OUT.

My Smithing is at 100 so when I use a grindstone my Daedric Bow ranks to Legendary and has a damage rating of 65 or something. I drank like 15 Fortify Smithing potions and the damage went to 102.

Is there a limit how high my smithing can go with use of Fortify Smithing apparel and potions?

brb killing dragons with one shot

bengraven

Walked into Solitude and had my first dragon attack in a major city!

It was also my first Elder Dragon. Thankfully the guards knocked it down to 1/4 health before I could even get to it.

It was pretty awesome seeing the people suddenly rushing around to view it and "is...is it really dead?"

Love the AI in this game. #fuckhaters

jorma

is now taking requests

I can't play like this. I even had problems doing the introductionary mission for the thieves guild. God i'm such a wuss. I just want to do good. :X
But if there's a trophy for it i'm gonna have to do it eventually. Dark brotherhood questline is probably gonna give me nightmares. There's no way i can get the trophy by killing those murdering scum instead, is there? :p

anyone have any tips for smithing up fast?
Make iron daggers.

Pretty much nothing has consequences ever, except the main story or the stormcloaks/imperial choice i guess, which is such a big failure of the game.

ShinAmano

So...how do I level my gear up to Legendary? Is that the best? I have a bunch of 'epic' or 'exquisite' and when I try the next level is says I don't have that ability.

Thanks in advance.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

I dont think drinking more than 1 potion change anything.

Mastperf

Why do people always suggest iron daggers? Hide Bracers require the lest amount of material to craft. Just kill any animal and create leather and leather strips. That's all you need.
Just go to a blacksmith- buy all leather straps and iron ingots he has-make iron daggers- wait 48 hours and repeat.

Kikarian

Why do people always suggest iron daggers? Hide Bracers require the lest amount of material to craft. Just kill any animal and create leather and leather strips. That's all you need.
You don't get the same amount of XP when using Hide Bracers as you do for Iron Daggers.

Midou

You don't get the same amount of XP when using Hide Bracers as you do for Iron Daggers.

There is barely a difference between hide bracers and like gilded elven armor, its negligible, hide bracers are way easier, because you can get over 100 leather and leather strips from the 5 places that sell them in whiterun, cheaper and faster than mining or buying 10 ore from each person.

abundant

There is barely a difference between hide bracers and like gilded elven armor, its negligible, hide bracers are way easier, because you can get over 100 leather and leather strips from the 5 places that sell them in whiterun, cheaper and faster than mining or buying 10 ore from each person.

This, plus every animal that attacks you gives you a Hide, which you then make into leather and strips. It's hardly farming, because wolves, bears, and saber cats attack you constantly when out in the wild.

AEREC

I thought the only way to obtain Dragonplate was to make it...but I just found a pair of Dragonplate boots in a forsworn camp while doing the Red Eagle quest.

Top Bottom