• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

edgefusion

How can I get rid of the (end of main quest spoilers)
elder scroll
in my inventory? It weighs 20 and is now useless!

EDIT: Another question: My companion is wearing blades armour and refuses to wear anything else, even of higher armour rating. Bug? Or is there a reason for this?

Zeke

You can just fight random vampires and have a good chance to get the illnes.
ah alright thanks, damn and I just cleared out North Shriekwind Bastion of vampires. I've dropped 70 hours into skyrim already have a lvl 30 dark elf with my sneak maxed out, slient death ftw!

Astra

Regarding the Companions quest-line:
I completed all the way through Glory of the Dead, and cured Kodlak's spirit. Now I am doing odd jobs for the leaders, however only Aela and Vilkis give me quests. Farkas won't, but the option is there when I am already on a job. He tells me to talk to him after I finish the one I am on,a nd I do so, but the option for work isn't there. Also, aren't you suppose to be able to cure Farkas and/or Vilkis of their beast affliction?

Nope, you can't divorce either.

Which sucks. I was under the impression you could, so I never gave any thought on who to marry. Not that it really matters, since it's always the same sort of deal with married life.

Cetra

If there's one thing I absolutely despise about this game it's that there's no real way to track miscellaneous quests. I'm now about 80 hours into the game, level 45, have about 30-40 of these "quests" which have no real description in the log, AND! you can't track their objectives. I have about half of these ready to turn in, but I have clue who random guy/lady is that wants item X that I barely even remember picking up in some random cave diving excursion.

I mean really, WTF? Am I just missing something? Or was this system seriously designed this way?

grendelrt

If there's one thing I absolutely despise about this game it's that there's no real way to track miscellaneous quests. I'm now about 80 hours into the game, level 45, have about 30-40 of these "quests" which have no real description in the log, AND! you can't track their objectives. I have about half of these ready to turn in, but I have clue who random guy/lady is that wants item X that I barely even remember picking up in some random cave diving excursion.

I mean really, WTF? Am I just missing something? Or was this system seriously designed this way?

You should be able to click the MISC quest inside the MISC Category then make sure the actual MISC Category is checked then it would show up on your map where the next objective is.

Regarding the Companions quest-line:
I completed all the way through Glory of the Dead, and cured Kodlak's spirit. Now I am doing odd jobs for the leaders, however only Aela and Vilkis give me quests. Farkas won't, but the option is there when I am already on a job. He tells me to talk to him after I finish the one I am on,a nd I do so, but the option for work isn't there. Also, aren't you suppose to be able to cure Farkas and/or Vilkis of their beast affliction?
I don't think you can
cure anyone else from werewolf-ness it's just kodlak and you if you want, the others seem to be fine with it (Aela seems to want to go to Hircine and the wild hunt when she dies even) they just give you seemingly endless quest for no reason other than feel the companions are doing stuff around Skyrim
you've already completed the quest for all it's worth.

webrunner

How can I get rid of the (end of main quest spoilers)
elder scroll
in my inventory? It weighs 20 and is now useless!

EDIT: Another question: My companion is wearing blades armour and refuses to wear anything else, even of higher armour rating. Bug? Or is there a reason for this?

Find someone who would be interested in old and notable documents and writings.

sTeLioSco

Banned

what do you mean?

(Pc) if you click on Miscellaneous and then click AGAIN the quest it will show on map(except rare cases)

and some misc quest end up being big quests......
(the ones that are kill this or that bandit are simple however and i don't do them)

Naito

This sucks, but whatever, I'm sticking with it for the rest of the game. You can improve it with Void Salts at least.

Yup, I know the feeling: I've finished the Thieves Guild quest line around lvl18 and I was stuck with the "underpowered" version, same goes for Chillrend, until lvl50.
I'm not usually keen to use console commands (breaks immersion, cheating, etc.) but, once I found out they were leveled items, I swapped them with the best ones.

Dresden

Uh, you can track them.

Dash27

Dont they usually say "bring the whatever to whoever" on the misc quests? I usually just select the quest and hit "M" to show me where to go.

Astra

I don't think you can
cure anyone else from werewolf-ness it's just kodlak and you if you want, the others seem to be fine with it (Aela seems to want to go to Hircine and the wild hunt when she dies even) they just give you seemingly endless quest for no reason other than feel the companions are doing stuff around Skyrim
you've already completed the quest for all it's worth.

Ah, okay thanks. I was under the impression there was some more after doing these endless quests for a bit.

On a side note, I sent Aela home and she's not there. It's been over an in-game week. Is she dead in the wild somewhere? =(

haha, that's great. That's actually the first thing I noticed when I got to Dragonsreach at the start of the game. "He's pretty chill for the head of a city"

Cetra

You should be able to click the MISC quest inside the MISC Category then make sure the actual MISC Category is checked then it would show up on your map where the next objective is.

That does nothing, I'm on 360, maybe a bug a bug I suppose. But none of my MISC quest will track. So frustrating.

Mihos

Gold Member
That does nothing, I'm on 360, maybe a bug a bug I suppose. But none of my MISC quest will track. So frustrating.

I thought mine was broken too, but it only updated the objective from the world map and not when I was in a town. (360 here also)

Alchemy

I despise that there isn't a sprint button.

*You actually have to go to the misc quests, click each one you want tracked, and then click on the Misc quest part to track all the selected misc quests.*

Cetra

I thought mine was broken too, but it only updated the objective from the world map and not when I was in a town. (360 here also)

That could very will be my problem. I tend to select new active objectives as I'm preparing to leave town after dumping all my newly acquired trinkets at the house. I'll try that and see what happens. Thanks!

I despise that there isn't a sprint button.

Well played, Clerks.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

As stated previously, you totally are missing something- you need to click the Misc category, then the quest(s) you want to show up on your map. You'll be able to clear them out quite efficiently, but careful, some are backdoors into sprawling awesome quests.

kodt

Banned
what do you mean?

(Pc) if you click on Miscellaneous and then click AGAIN the quest it will show on map(except rare cases)

and some misc quest end up being big quests......
(the ones that are kill this or that bandit are simple however and i don't do them)

But there is no quest log so show previous steps in the quest. What the quest text is. What the point of the quest is. Etc... So you really have no idea what the quest is for after a while, you forget what exactly you are doing. Sure you can just follow the marker to some location, but if you don't even remember why you are doing this it is annoying.

Also sometimes you can make a choice, but you forgot what the quest is all about so you end up making a a bad decision. If you could read a quest log showing who gave you the quest and what they wanted it would be much better.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
I've decided to clear out all those misc quests in one chunk, and then if I pick up another one I'll do it immediately.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
oh man some of the quests just direct you to another quest and make you go through a dungeon, but I kind of like it that way.

I love the way that sometimes, you have NO idea how far down the rabbit hole will go. I've stated totally innocuous sounding quests and ended up going through an hour long dungeon that ends with killing a dragon priest.

Fucking love it.

Hi2u

Banned
Beat the game yesterday and got all the achievements. End time stood at 124 hours and I missed a ton of side quests. Didn't even go to every hold and do the quests there.

Fantastic game overall. It's so much better than Oblivion. Amazing atmosphere, graphics, soundtrack its extremely fun to explore. Side quests were really well written and done and didn't feel like side missions at all. Dungeons all look unique with no likeness to each other.

The main quest is a bit short though. From the time I got my first shout to defeating the last boss I think it took me probably 5 hours total to do all the main quest in between.

Granted I was very powerful at this point as I was wearing legendary daedric armor, but the main quest seemed shorter than oblivion's overall. The plot was much better though, at a better pace and I guess the game is more about exploration and making your own adventures rather than the main story itself.

I did find like in oblivion that at about the fourth quarter of the time I spent playing the game, that there was no better loot I was finding over my daedric equipment. I mean sure I could find enchanted amulets and necklaces, glass armor, weapons etc but none of them were anywhere near as good as my daedric stuff which had two enchants on each item. Made the game very easy even on Master difficulty even with the broken enchantment patch.

Probably my goty. I liked it more than Dark Souls.

scy

Can you do it after you've Enchanted them? I can never do it during as I'm always on a time limit (Enchanting potions only last so long).

During only. I do believe that as long as the Enchants have been selected, the potion is in effect. I haven't tested it much, though. PC so I've just gotten accustomed to doing all my Enchanting and Renaming in 30s :/

Astra

Can you do it after you've Enchanted them? I can never do it during as I'm always on a time limit (Enchanting potions only last so long).

When you have your enchantments selected, they're locked in as is, so it doesn't matter if the potion wears off. As long as you don't deselect said enchantments, of course. So you have all the time you need to name your equipment.

And this is why you should unlock dragons in the main quest before fucking around with side quests.

Can't stress this enough. I don't why people do things like "Play 60 hours, haven't touched the main quest lol". Dude, just at least get far enough to where dragons start appearing (it's only like, the 3rd or 4th quest really short) and then dick around, because dragons bring a lot of random fun into the game.

Alsoooo, you should all get the 3rd word of Unrelenting Force (FUS RO DAH) before dicking around too much. It's a little further in the main quest and it's SooooooOOOoooo much fun to use. Until you have shouted at a bear and made it ragdoll off of a mountain you have not played SKYRIM.

Philia

pT1DW.jpg

:D :D :D

I also got my Dragonscale/Dragonbone armor sets. I plan to use the heavy for magic resist against those darn dragons and the light for all around treks. :D

Top Bottom