• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

What's this about refilling :|?

It refills once a day. After you use it it gets put in Misc. category with (Empty) to its name. Wait 24hrs and you will have it back in Potions menu. You also can pick a different vial when you complete the quest, so it doesn't have to be the one he has.

thefil

Enchanting makes all perks/skill levels superfluous. At level 47 as a pure mage, I did a 180-degree turn, crafted some Daedric armour, enchanted it with +Heavy Armor, +One Handed, +Health and +Block.

I am now an entirely effective fighter.

Aurora

To all those complaining about the patch (on the 360 at least) you can just remove it and revert back to an older version of the game till they fix everything.

Jinjo

The companion quest after clearing out
the witch cave
will not trigger. Is there any way to fix this or does anyone know what's causing this? 360 btw.

Jaeyden

To all those complaining about the patch (on the 360 at least) you can just remove it and revert back to an older version of the game till they fix everything.

Are you sure? I thought you would only be able to do this if you had backed up your saves? I've read a bunch of reports that once you've installed the patch your saves will be tied to that version and you can't use them if you revert back to a previous version. Any confirmation on this?

Orlandu84

Enchanting makes all perks/skill levels superfluous. At level 47 as a pure mage, I did a 180-degree turn, crafted some Daedric armour, enchanted it with +Heavy Armor, +One Handed, +Health and +Block.

I am now an entirely effective fighter.

I actually have to agree with you. I just enchanted a set of armor and other items (helmet, gauntlets, et al) with Fortify Destruction so that I can cast Destruction spells almost for free! Why boost your magicka when you can enchant away the cost of spells?!

mxgt

Banned
I actually have to agree with you. I just enchanted a set of armor and other items (helmet, gauntlets, et al) with Fortify Destruction so that I can cast Destruction spells almost for free! Why boost your magicka when you can enchant away the cost of spells?!
Because never running low on magicka ruins any sense of challenge for me.

Mik2121

I just did the "A Night to Remember" miniquest. So awesome :)

Do you guys know's the name of the song playing on the last area? Where you meet the guy from the beginning and gives you the staff.

I am really having trouble with the magic anomalies in the Winterhold College storyline. I'm using chain lightning and flame cloak but nothing seems to do enough damage to take them out. So far I have managed to take out maybe 2 before getting overwhelmed by their numbers and bashed to death. Suppose I could take a bunch of potions and shit.

edgefusion

Do you guys know's the name of the song playing on the last area? Where you meet the guy from the beginning and gives you the staff.

I loved that quest itself but I found the ending to be
really boring. "Oh hey I'm a daedric prince have this staff. Bye!" umm, thanks? Is that it?

Khezu

I am really having trouble with the magic anomalies in the Winterhold College storyline. I'm using chain lightning and flame cloak but nothing seems to do enough damage to take them out. So far I have managed to take out maybe 2 before getting overwhelmed by their numbers and bashed to death. Suppose I could take a bunch of potions and shit.

I turned the difficulty down to novice and cried in a corner well lydia killed them all.

OTIX

Just melee them down. What made you think you should use magic in the mages guild questline?

ElyrionX

What the fuck is this shit?I I told Steam to not auto update Skyrim yesterday and today it is auto-downloading the update and preventing me from launching the game. What the fuck? I check properties and it still says to not auto update there. How the hell do I stop this? I can't find a place to stop the update.

Steam is such a piece of shit.

EDIT: I go to offline mode and it says the game is not ready to be launched in offline mode. Someone tell me why Steam is so great again?

NBtoaster

What the fuck is this shit?I I told Steam to not auto update Skyrim yesterday and today it is auto-downloading the update and preventing me from launching the game. What the fuck? I check properties and it still says to not auto update there. How the hell do I stop this? I can't find a place to stop the update.

Steam is such a piece of shit.

EDIT: I go to offline mode and it says the game is not ready to be launched in offline mode. Someone tell me why Steam is so great again?

It wont launch in offline mode if it knows there is a newer version. I've had my Steam in offline mode since yesterday to stop it updating.

Is there anything more to do with the Companion quests? I did the
'personal' quests for everybody after killing the Silver Hand
and now I'm just being offered the same errands over and over by the looks of it. Will they run out eventually, or does it just keep generating new ones indefinitely? I thought there was a way to
change back from a werewolf... or can you use the witch heads on yourself somehow
?

Loam

Is there anything more to do with the Companion quests? I did the
'personal' quests for everybody after killing the Silver Hand
and now I'm just being offered the same errands over and over by the looks of it. Will they run out eventually, or does it just keep generating new ones indefinitely? I thought there was a way to
change back from a werewolf... or can you use the witch heads on yourself somehow
?

I'm fairly certain they just generate misc. quests indefinitely once you finish the main arc. As for
curing yourself you can throw a 2nd head into the fire to remove the curse. Guards will still make comments about your "wolfish grin" though

OTIX

That's fine, two-handed melee is best melee.

Dual wielding is pretty broken. Attack speed depends only on the left weapon so you use a slow enchanted mace in the right hand and an unenchanted dagger/sword in the left with the attack speed shout. Kill any enemy in less than a second.

Actually don't do that if you wanna have fun playing the game.

H3xum

Had my favorite Skyrim moment so far this morning.

Woke up abnormally early for work and decided to play some. I was screwing around going from town to town selling some of my enchanted daggers and then decided to go to a cave where a quest was located, however I had yet to discover it so I fast traveled to a nearby Giant camp that had been cleared. Since it was cleared I decided to click on it and start the fast travel and while it was loading, run to my kitchen and pour myself a cup of coffee. I mosey away from my tv and all the sudden I hear the roar of a dragon, OH SHIZ, I run over to my tv, TWO ELDER DRAGONS! I have an armor rating of 640+ and health around 500 and in about 10 seconds my health was down to about 10%

Full panic mode set in and I had my first real battle in awhile, it was glorious and ever so satisfying.

Luff you, Skyrim

mrplaid

Anybody having a problem using Shouts post-patch? Sometimes I'll be vainly jamming on the Z key in combat and nothing happens (Y U NO FUS RO DAH!?!?, if I may) even though my Shout is recharged. A quick load seems to fix it, though.

gblues

Banned
I got a chuckle last night, starting the Thieves' Guild quest line.

"Screw up, and I call the Dark Brotherhood on you." Bitch, I'm the goddamn Listener. Go ahead and call and see where it gets you.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Blackreach, main quest.

Whaaaat? I had no idea Blackreach was part of the MQ. I just found it on my own. I really am the goddamn Dovahkiin. :-O

Did you get your PS3 fixed?

thefil

Whaaaat? I had no idea Blackreach was part of the MQ. I just found it on my own. I really am the goddamn Dovahkiin. :-O

Did you get your PS3 fixed?

I don't know how you got into Blackreach without the MQ. I found two of the entrances with the
dwarven locks
. Is it possible to get the quest to
unlock the dwarf thing for that guy in the far north
outside of the MQ?

webrunner

I don't know how you got into Blackreach without the MQ. I found two of the entrances with the
dwarven locks
. Is it possible to get the quest to
outside of the MQ?

Yes, since you need to go down there for
"Concerning the Transmundane", the daedric quest for the Oghma Infinium. I have an Attunement Sphere in my inventory but I've not even went after the Horn yet.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Is it possible to get the quest to
outside of the MQ?
Yeah, I just stumbled upon that wingnut guy lurkin' in his cave. I had no idea it had anything to do with the MQ! I'm not familiar with the Elder Scrolls series, so I wasn't sure if (MQ spoilers, apparently!)
finding the Elder Scroll was going to be a central plot point or a really awesome side quest for nerds of the series
. I kind of figured it was the latter because the wingnut guy's cave was so remote and obscure.

Anyways, this all happened on my old character. On my new one I haven't even gone to his cave yet, and have barely progressed in the MQ. I think I'll let the MQ take me down that path this time. :)

Nocebo

Anybody having a problem using Shouts post-patch? Sometimes I'll be vainly jamming on the Z key in combat and nothing happens (Y U NO FUS RO DAH!?!?, if I may) even though my Shout is recharged. A quick load seems to fix it, though.
I'm not sure about post-patch. I've actually had this problem many times before the patch. It usually seems to resolve itself after a while somehow.

Anyone know some of the best locations for finding a lot of soul gems at once?

I need to raise my enchanting.

I have black azuras(sp?) star, but I want to use that more for by final items in appose to just trying to get my level up.

EDIT: Also, for the 360 version, do I need to clear my cache the way we did for Oblivion? I didnt play at all yesterday, but my 360 is acting slow as shit!

p3tran

Banned
question:

is it a fact that skyrim dlc is time exclusive on the xbox?

I just got (finally) my 360 copy, and trying to convince myself to leave my level 48 invincible character I made on ps3, to start from zero in the box.
btw the savegame info says that I spent more than 150 hours on this. wow!

Snuck behind a giant and one shotted him. Wonder if there's an assassination animation for murdering giants.
I have seen numerous times the animation where I slit his knee then as he falls on his knees I pierce his throat.
I havent seen special animation when stealth attacking, but then again I go for them not stealthy but yelling :D

Ducarmel

Dungeons occupied by necromancers might have a lot. Maybe Fellglow Keep could be a good place. I do know it respawns with necromancers even after completing the quest there so maybe chest respawns with soul gems.

Mordeccai

I need to raise my enchanting.

I have black azuras(sp?) star, but I want to use that more for by final items in appose to just trying to get my level up.

EDIT: Also, for the 360 version, do I need to clear my cache the way we did for Oblivion? I didnt play at all yesterday, but my 360 is acting slow as shit!

Go to some dwemer ruins. I went to one, and got a shit ton of soul gems. They power the dwarven machines, so you'll find plenty.

Think I even came away with two grand soul gems.

Top Bottom