• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

GhaleonEB

Is there an alternate ending to the Taste of Death quest?

I'm to the point where
Brother Verulus is sleeping on the slab, and I'm supposed to kill and eat him. I thought I'd have the chance to make a decision whether or not to see this one through, but nope.

Does the quest complete if I just up and kill everyone?
What are the consequences of completing this? I don't want to be cursed/transformed/whatever from it.

I tried it both ways.

I kill all of them, then realized how much it would deplete Makarth.

I reloaded and killed the idiot. He had lots of gold and I got a nice ring, and an Achievement unlocked.

That's a lot of incentive to go cannibal. I'm okay with that.

Edit: bonus happy ending update:

I lured the bitch that started this all outside, told her to sit tight, and put an arrow through her back. I then looted her corpse clean and threw her (mostly) naked body into the river, where the current washed her filth downstream and out of sight and time. Good riddance.

Love. This. Game.

Pollux

his wife/lady in waiting/jarl of solitude is a talos worshipper and she seemed to think it would work out.

the end is an isolated skyrim that will be run over and conquered by the thalmor and instead of an empire laxly 'enforcing' a ban on worship, you'll have the thalmor taking and killing people at will.

In markarth the empire was protecting talos worshippers and the thalmor try to hire you flush out the worshippers and attempt to catch the empire in violation of the treaty.

I'm the goddamn Dovahkiin COME AT ME BRO

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
his wife/lady in waiting/jarl of solitude is a talos worshipper and she seemed to think it would work out.

the end is an isolated skyrim that will be run over and conquered by the thalmor and instead of an empire laxly 'enforcing' a ban on worship, you'll have the thalmor taking and killing people at will.

In markarth the empire was protecting talos worshippers and the thalmor try to hire you flush out the worshippers and attempt to catch the empire in violation of the treaty.

At least we will fight as free men.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3oz0zhEwZk

Luthos

So, where does this fit in people's GOTY lists?

I don't see how I can't give my personal GOTY to it. Uncharted 3 was awesome, but not as good as 2. And Arkham City was amazing, but Skyrim pulls me in like no other game. I'll be playing it for a long time to come.

So, where does this fit in people's GOTY lists?

I don't see how I can't give my personal GOTY to it. Uncharted 3 was awesome, but not as good as 2. And Arkham City was amazing, but Skyrim pulls me in like no other game. I'll be playing it for a long time to come.

Game of the month? You only mentioned games that are a month old. What about Dark Souls, Portal 2, etc.

Luthos

Game of the month? You only mentioned games that are a month old. What about Dark Souls, Portal 2, etc.

As it was, October/November had my most anticipated games. (those 3 are not the only great games of the year) Only rented Dark Souls (didn't have as much draw as Demon's Souls for me), and while I loved Portal 2, I don't know see it as tops off the year.

Bug I am afraid. Same thing happened to me. Had something to do with a having a quest from a certain Jarl active at the same time I believe.

Is there a fix for this or am I destined to never finish The Companion's quest line?
If I'm stuck, then I'm just gonna lvl. 3 Unrelenting Shout all of those fools in the guild.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Who around whiterun can buy almost anything from me??

I am at 850/350 lol...

I need money.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Who around whiterun can buy almost anything from me??

I am at 850/350 lol...

I need money.

no house?

well all i can suggest is that when i kill my very first
dragon
in that whiterun mission, i dropped a bunch of weapons on the floot of the hall by the throne. they're still there. so maybe dragonreach has item permanence.

edit: is that a spoiler when its the first thing in the game after you escape? better play it safe

GavinGT

Banned
no house?

dragon
in that whiterun mission, i dropped a bunch of weapons on the floot of the hall by the throne. they're still there. so maybe dragonreach has item permanence.

edit: is that a spoiler when its the first thing in the game after you escape? better play it safe

Dragons!? Next thing you're gonna tell me I can walk around with horns on my helmet!

Alright, if someone in Markath asks you to explore an abandoned house with him. Do so at your own risk. Scary as shit.

UPDATE: If you play on the 360, do not follow that man into the house. The quest is bugged and you can't leave the house after you enter. The Bug is documented here. I don't know if it is strictly xbox or across all platforms. The quest is titled House of Horrors.

no house?

dragon

As far as item permanence goes, I believe items will hang around for a while anywhere. I know I have picked up items I through in the middle of Morthal well after I had thrown them down. Days in game.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Comparing a poorly balanced game with a game with even worse balance as a justification is a typical logical fallacy.
It wasn't a rhetorical argument; just a comparison. You're arguing with yourself.

~Kinggi~

Banned
UPDATE: If you play on the 360, do not follow that man into the house. The quest is bugged and you can't leave the house after you enter. The Bug is documented here. I don't know if it is strictly xbox or across all platforms. The quest is titled House of Horrors.
Good lord that list of bugs is very large.

Aww...I may have lost a few hours of progress based on this bug. I didn't have a recent enough save because of the three Auto Save files :(

Good lord that list of bugs is very large.

Shhh!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The House of Horrors quest works perfectly fine for me on both 360 and PC.

V-Gief

Is there a fix for this or am I destined to never finish The Companion's quest line?
If I'm stuck, then I'm just gonna lvl. 3 Unrelenting Shout all of those fools in the guild.
As far as I know, you're SOL unfortunately. Only trophy related quest-line that messed up for me so far, *knocks on wood*. Going to roll a Orc and just plow through them after I'm done with my main character. Quite annoying though. :/

Dresden

Did that on two different characters with no trouble, sucks for people it happened to though.

Darklord

Banned
I know I've only just started but man, I can't kill fucking anything. A single wolf almost killed me. I guess then it's not as terrible scaled as Oblivion.

I got a PS3 not long ago, and it seems this game has been getting alot of attention. I'm not usually into these kinds of games and the people who play them have always kind of creeped me out, as they seem to put hundreds of hours into it, get obsessed, and memorize the world and places as if its reality. But thinking of getting this. Have never played anything in the series. So this is basically GTA with dragons? Is it online? I thought it wasnt but people in this thread are talking like it is.

Luthos

On PC, my spell/animations bugged out. Torches in 3rd person wouldn't show the flame, and spell streaming animations in both 1st and 3rd person wouldn't show. It'd show the effect on the ground, but not the actual streaming effect.

However a restarted fixed it, for what it's worth.

Got to try the game at last. Great stuff, amazing first impression. The moment I was able to go my own way that's exactly what I did, so of course I ended up in some temple nearby where I had to fight a few nasties, am in the middle of the process of retrieving some powerful artifact that does who knows what, and already spent my meager stash of potions, so I'm afraid I'll end up dead soon.

I love this.

eosos

Banned
I got a PS3 not long ago, and it seems this game has been getting alot of attention. I'm not usually into these kinds of games and the people who play them have always kind of creeped me out, as they seem to put hundreds of hours into it, get obsessed, and memorize the world and places as if its reality. But thinking of getting this. Have never played anything in the series. So this is basically GTA with dragons? Is it online? I thought it wasnt but people in this thread are talking like it is.

It isn't online and fuck off.

Plasmid

So i was just doing the battle for
whiterun
and used my
call dragon
shout and oh my god he
toasted so many soldiers, it was amazing.

As far as I know, you're SOL unfortunately. Only trophy related quest-line that messed up for me so far, *knocks on wood*. Going to roll a Orc and just plow through them after I'm done with my main character. Quite annoying though. :/
FUS..RO...DAH!!!

I heard that waiting for 30 days (game time) may fix the bug because it will reset certain perimeters in the dungeon you need to go to complete that quest, but I haven't tested it yet.

eek5

5-followers.png

Apparently this chick I ran into will keep following me until I complete her quest. She is a caster. With this many people fighting for me I can just sit back and relax :lol The only issue is when they start fighting each other. Dragon attacked me earlier and after I killed it I noticed Lydia attacking shadowmere D:

edit: nm I guess as soon as I wait she'll start walking back to the cave. Oh well

Angry Grimace

"Hello 30,000+ post thread dedicated solely to this game; my belief is that everyone who plays this game is a fucking creepy loser and I hate them. However, I don't actually know anything about the game and also don't want to do basic research into anything, up to and including the genre or type of game this game even is. I demand you losers explain from the beginning what the fuck this is.
G4Ac1.gif
"

Hex

Banned
Ok I am getting my ass beat in fist fight brawls
the minstrel and especially the guy you intimidate for the first companions quest
Any advice?
Does armor actually matter?

Another problem is that I left Lydia standing somewhere I think and have no idea where

Dresden

"Hello 30,000+ post thread dedicated solely to this game; my belief is that everyone who plays this game is a fucking creepy loser and I hate them. However, I don't actually know anything about the game and also don't want to do basic research into anything, up to and including the genre or type of game this game even is. I demand you losers explain from the beginning what the fuck this is.
G4Ac1.gif
"

He's just a better man than the people here, bro.

Raxus

I may need to bump the difficulty for this game up. I just got my legendary dragon armor and I enchanted it so my destruction spells cost no mana to use (and I have super regen for when I have to use other spells). I am just blazing through the main storyline now.

Meier

Just came in to mention that the Chaurus Reapers are ridiculously overpowered. I can't even fathom how you could beat these guys on anything but normal difficulty.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
G4Ac1.gif
"

Look, bro, he just wanted you to explain why you're creepy. No big deal, okay?

Izayoi

Banned
Kind of a shitty attitude you got there, dude.

Angry Grimace said:
"Hello 30,000+ post thread dedicated solely to this game; my belief is that everyone who plays this game is a fucking creepy loser and I hate them. However, I don't actually know anything about the game and also don't want to do basic research into anything, up to and including the genre or type of game this game even is. I demand you losers explain from the beginning what the fuck this is. http://i.imgur.com/G4Ac1.gif"
I love you.

Woo-Fu

Banned
But what happens when there's a group of enemies? Kill one, then the rest rush you and youre left with a bow to defend yourself?

Your sneak is good enough they don't even know where you are. The first shot alerts, the second shot---if they see it---will start them in your direction. Interestingly enough if they don't see it they'll focus on the noise of where it hits, keeping them away from you. It makes missing on purpose useful if you need a mob in a particular spot and/or distracted.

If I get 3x sneak attack and/or crit there are very, very few mobs in the game that don't go down in 1-hit. Feels almost like cheating, legendary daedric bow, enchanted with frost and shock, 100+ sneak, boots that muffle your footsteps, etc. My light armor skill is still pretty low because I almost never get hit.

Only time I die is if a death lord gets close enough to knock me down with a shout and then 1-2 hit me before the knockdown/slide across the room/get back up animation completes.

Yo Gotti

Banned
Looks like I got my first quest breaking bug in Darkness Returns.

Noctural goes under the well at the end of her speech, and the arrow just sits there, the objective doesn't complete and Karliah is there with her arms in the air...
really sucks.

Top Bottom