• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

RyanDG

Imperials/Stormcloak spoilers:

Okay, the head Stormcloak guy is a dickhead. A racist one. I was leaning to joining his cause, but fuck him. Going Imperial. Then if they fuck with me, I'll murder them all. I'm the fuckin' Dovahkiin!

You must not have been introduced to the Thalmor yet.

Skyrim is for the Nords!

oneils

Guys someone please answer me:

How much is your bounty?

If it is under 1,000 gold, then sheathe your weapon and the guards will arrest you. You will be given a choice between jail or a fine.

If that does not work, try to stay away from the town for a day or so. Run like hell out of town, then when the coast is clear wait around 48 hours. Then go back to town and let the guards arrest you. Pay the fine or serve time in jail.

edit: maybe I misunderstood your post. Are they just reacting negatively to you rather than trying to kill/arrest you? If so, I think you will just have to deal with it.

ckohler

A question for enchanting mages:

What's the best features to enchant into your clothes? Is it resistance to magic, increases to health/magica, or what? Just looking for suggestions.

eek5

Yeah I think that's the same quest. Did you get it the quest from that guy in College of Winterhold in the Archadeum?

I don't even know where I got it from. I was trying to use the console to figure that out

I'm assuming it was him though but talking to him yields no results and I can't drop the book and pretend to pick it up.

HTuran

Man, it's a real bummer you can't disenchant any of the double one-handed damage gloves. I so badly want to keep my full Dragonscale set, but it might not be worth missing the 30x stealth kills.

Geez - was having some difficulty against magic users but then I found a dwarvin shield that provides a ward in addition to normal physical blocking. Then I found some enchanted armor with a smithing buff and another that provided a one-handed buff. Now I am rocking the Daedric set and have a 650 armor rating and my one-handed sword has an attack rating of 170! The game suddenly got put on easy mode.

I went from having to snipe dragons and hide behind cover to taking them head-on and reducing them to bone in about a dozen swings.

Lax Mike

Neo Member
Imperials/Stormcloak spoilers:

Okay, the head Stormcloak guy is a dickhead. A racist one. I was leaning to joining his cause, but fuck him. Going Imperial. Then if they fuck with me, I'll murder them all. I'm the fuckin' Dovahkiin!

Imperial/Stormcloak spoilers:

I had pretty much the same thought process. I figured, "Hey, whenever there's a civil war in any fictional setting, the one that's called the "Empire" is going to be evil," so even after I chose to follow the imperial guy to escape the dragon, I still felt a bit reluctant to side with the people who were just about to relieve me of my head. After about two minutes in Windhelm I changed my mind, and figured that no matter what, the imperials couldn't be this bad.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
I'd be curious how many Argonians are allying with the Imperials thinking the stormcloaks are too racist. If you ally with the Imperials as an Argonian, you are betraying your entire country
KuGsj.gif

JackEtc

You'll eventually come across it. If you want a hint
pay attention to some of the load screens. you'll see that area in one of them ;)
Ah, I see. Thanks for the tip!

Does anyone have a problem with Esbern? No sound comes from him, and his subtitles FLY by. I can't keep up =\

Visceir

I don't really understand what's so racist about the Windhelm Jarl, listening to him he did seem rather rational. Around the town there were quite a few dark elves who had succesfully integrated themselves into the new society they moved to and then there were those dark elves who lived in the slums and when you went and asked them about things then they indeed seemed rather shady.

One thing that mildly bothers me in the game is that playing a wood elf there was no place that really seemed like a home for my character...there were barely any wood elfs at all in the game.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
I don't really understand what's so racist about the Windhelm Jarl, listening to him he did seem rather rational. Around the town there were quite a few dark elves who had succesfully integrated themselves into the new society they moved to and then there were those dark elves who lived in the slums and when you went and asked them about things then they indeed seemed rather shady.

Sounds like we gots a Stormcloak on our hands, fellas.

Just ended the Companions quests....all of them were awesome.

Silver Kitties were smashed in the process... XD

Regnah (MC) and his companion Aela.

02-2.jpg

01-2.jpg

03-2.jpg

You mean boring version of Skyrim, right?
None of what you pointed out refutes that those features are imbalanced or broken. On master difficulty companions and summons still fight enemies as if it were normal mode, thus they make almost any encounter trivial. You usually don't even have to do anything, just sit back and watch. And don't even mention the bugged giants.

I don't know how anyone finds stuff in Skyrim broken given the ease of getting to 100% Chameleon in Oblivion, which broke the game in every way.
Comparing a poorly balanced game with a game with even worse balance as a justification is a typical logical fallacy.

I mean, I see what you're going for, but I just don't think any of the Bethesda games are salvageable.
It's a broken sandbox and that's the way gamers like it, apparently. Combat/gameplay mods will do a better job eventually when they're released.. but it's too much of a sandbox to be salvageable. What's left is wandering around identical looking caves, towns, and houses while fulfilling mostly fetch quests, then.

Wanace

I'd be curious how many Argonians are allying with the Imperials thinking the stormcloaks are too racist. If you ally with the Imperials as an Argonian, you are betraying your entire country
KuGsj.gif

My egg brothers can go screw themselves, I went Imperial as an Argonian and don't regret it!

Visceir

CHEEZMO™;32819002 said:
Sounds like we gots a Stormcloak on our hands, fellas.

Actually I never picked a side and had them make a
peace treaty

But seeing as I
killed the emperor in a DB quest
it makes sense to side with the Stormcloaks, there's too much bad blood between my character and the imperials.

Leunam

So no real solution for the "big save file causing horrendous slowdown" problem yet (PS3)? It doesn't look like it's been mentioned lately.

Echoplx

None of what you pointed out refutes that those features are imbalanced or broken. On master difficulty companions and summons still fight enemies as if it were normal mode, thus they make almost any encounter trivial. You usually don't even have to do anything, just sit back and watch. And don't even mention the bugged giants.

Comparing a poorly balanced game with a game with even worse balance as a justification is a typical logical fallacy.

It's a broken sandbox and that's the way gamers like it, apparently. Combat/gameplay mods will do a better job eventually when they're released.. but it's too much of a sandbox to be salvageable. What's left is wandering around identical looking caves, towns, and houses while fulfilling mostly fetch quests, then.

Why don't you put the game down and stop shitting up the thread then? If you don't like it go away and let people who do have their fun.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
CHEEZMO™;32819050 said:
That preacher in Whiterun is sooooo annoying.

Can you do anything about him?

As was said,

You can
kill him and, if you're Thane you can get away with it provided that you haven't used that excuse previously for a prior crime.

jorma

is now taking requests
I decided i wanted to fuck up shit for the Thalmor because they pretty much jumped me at a roadside for no particular reason other than me saying that i worship whoever i want to, but i was leaning towards empire.. can i still do both or is it Stormcloak for me?

I also had to reconsider going thieves guild, because it seemed i had to help those black briars. Didn't like them either. :/

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
As was said,

You can
kill him and, if you're Thane you can get away with it provided that you haven't used that excuse previously for a prior crime.

I know what I'm doing tomorrow.

Edit: Also, fuck the Thalmor!

Gonna try killing any I see in the wild now. They're getting on my tits.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
I decided i wanted to fuck up shit for the Thalmor because they pretty much jumped me at a roadside for no particular reason other than me saying that i worship whoever i want to, but i was leaning towards empire.. can i still do both or is it Stormcloak for me?

I also had to reconsider going thieves guild, because it seemed i had to help those black briars. Didn't like them either. :/
the empire are the entire worlds last line of defense against the thalmor, the stormcloak rebellion is just weakening the empire in the prelude to the next big war with the dominion. Throwing Talos under the bus as terms for a peace treaty gave the empire the breathing room they needed to re-muster for round two but now the empire has to divert resources to deal with a bunch of self adsorbed racists who couldn't deal in the downtime between war.

Izayoi

Banned
(Returning weapon spoilers). Will collecting the shards of
Mehrunes' Razor
before I actually have the quest for it fuck me over somehow?

Awesome Animals said:
Dude fuck the Thalmor. It's my mission to execute every last one of them.
So, if this were my sole purpose and I cared about nothing else, would signing up with the Stormcloaks be best?

Izayoi

Banned
Pandaman said:
the empire are the entire worlds last line of defense against the thalmor, the stormcloak rebellion is just weakening the empire in the prelude to the next big war with the dominion.
I don't care about the future, how best can I get at the Thalmor now.

Darklord said:
I" only just started playing but can you not sell stolen items?
Only to a fence. Or, if you put a bunch of perks into Speechcraft you can eventually get it.

So anyone else think the default brightness is too dark at night sometimes?

I kicked it up a bit.. but I'm sure I'm killing some of the moodiness. Its just impossible to snipe anything .. so damn dark :(

jorma

is now taking requests
the empire are the entire worlds last line of defense against the thalmor, the stormcloak rebellion is just weakening the empire in the prelude to the next big war with the dominion.

yeah that's why i wanted to go empire essentialy. but i have now decided that it's much more important to not let those thalmor get their way now. i'll deal with the consequenses in the next installment instead.

So i need to go Stormcloak?

GhaleonEB

Is there an alternate ending to the Taste of Death quest?

I'm to the point where
Brother Verulus is sleeping on the slab, and I'm supposed to kill and eat him. I thought I'd have the chance to make a decision whether or not to see this one through, but nope.

Does the quest complete if I just up and kill everyone?
What are the consequences of completing this? I don't want to be cursed/transformed/whatever from it.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
yeah that's why i wanted to go empire essentialy. but i have now decided that it's much more important to not let those thalmor get their way now. i'll deal with the consequenses in the next installment instead.

So i need to go Stormcloak?
Are the stormcloaks even paying attention to the thalmor? they seemed pretty hung up on killing children.

markot

Banned
Are the stormcloaks even paying attention to the thalmor? they seemed pretty hung up on killing children.

?????????????? You mean Marakethly or whatever its called? It is ironic that they are wiping out x for worshipping daedra but are fighting for religous freedom >.<

Pollux

House in Riftin...HELP:

I finished the quest where I had to wipe out the skooma importers in the cave. Yet the jarl nor her associate will speak to me about the house

jorma

is now taking requests

i just want to know if i can kill off any thalmor i see and not be forced to help them in quests without fucking up the empire story line

i havent seen anything of either parties yet besides the empire trying to chop my head off in the prolouge.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
??????????????
the king ulfric killed was just a boy. He didn't storm into a royal hall and throw down with a battle scarred warrior-king in glorious nordic combat [like the stormcloaks pretend he did]. He abused an ancient nord custom to murder a child.

So I'm on The Companion's quest where
the dude dies/the guild gets attacked. But I can't seem to activate the next quest (basically, I killed the hagbitches from the previous quest, came back saw the dead people/heard what happened but the next quest isn't showing up in my menu)
any thoughts on this? Is this a bug or am I missing something.

RyanDG

the king ulfric killed was just a boy. He didn't storm into a royal hall and throw down with a battle scarred warrior-king in glorious nordic combat [like the stormcloaks pretend he did]. He abused an ancient nord custom to murder a child.

A weak child isn't the person you want on the throne when your culture, way of life, and religion are all being threatened. The ends justify the means (in Skyrim).

No.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Just did my first
dwarven dungeon
as part of the Mage college quest line. AWESOME stuff. Almost makes up for the rest of the questline prior to now being pretty shit.

I had no idea Skyrim (or anything in Elder Scrolls) had that
steampunk / mechanical gears
aesthetic. So it was a nice surprise to stumble onto. There wasn't anything like that in Oblivion, was there?

Hope there's more dungeon environments like that.

V-Gief

So I'm on The Companion's quest where
the dude dies/the guild gets attacked. But I can't seem to activate the next quest (basically, I killed the hagbitches from the previous quest, came back saw the dead people/heard what happened but the next quest isn't showing up in my menu)
any thoughts on this? Is this a bug or am I missing something.
Bug I am afraid. Same thing happened to me. Had something to do with a having a quest from a certain Jarl active at the same time I believe.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
A weak child isn't the person you want on the throne when your culture, way of life, and religion are all being threatened. The ends justify the means (in Skyrim).
his wife/lady in waiting/jarl of solitude is a talos worshipper and she seemed to think it would work out.

the end is an isolated skyrim that will be run over and conquered by the thalmor and instead of an empire laxly 'enforcing' a ban on worship, you'll have the thalmor taking and killing people at will.

In markarth the empire was protecting talos worshippers and the thalmor try to hire you to flush out the worshippers and attempt to catch the empire in violation of the treaty.

Top Bottom