• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

KdoubleA

Jesus, this game is awesome but some of the combat is just downright confusing...
I'm sporting full blown steel plate, upgraded and enchanted and some random dungeon dudes just come up to me and decapitate the shit out of me although I'm full health.

It's retarded... do I really need to have a shield handy just for 2H meeles?

No you don't. I'm going through the game as a full on 2H battleaxe wielding barbarian. I'm about 55 hours in and haven't used a shield once since the beginning and only encountered a few enemies that really gave me trouble; and that was usually due to my impatience.

I've been putting all my points on health/ stamina and focused my perk points only on Two-Handed, with points only on the battleaxe portion, Heavy armor, Archery, Blocking and Smithing. I'm lvl 32 now with Ebony armor and feel unstoppable . Sometimes I just let enemies hit me without blocking so I can get my Heavy armor leveled up.

Pollux

You get some essential shouts and it's nice and self-contained, with a beautiful ending. The main quest is really just another questline, no reason not to do it.

Just a yes or no (don't give any details because I've only done the first quest on the main quest. But when you finish the main quest do dragons stop randomly showing up? This is probably a stupid question.

iNvid02

If any of you have finished the Dark Brotherhood
when you fully upgrade the new sanctuary (or just buy the torture room), keep on talking to the people in there. They will give you locations of gold. I killed one already but I got 5000 out of the three.

yeah i thought you had to beat them to a pulp so i left all of em with a tiny amount of
health, all you really have to do is talk for a few seconds with them and they break

Sethos

Banned
30 minutes of trying, I get the trolls down, the SECOND the last one goes down ... CTD.

I'm starting to hate this game already.

V-Gief

This has happened to me twice now, but only happened last night. Has anyone seen a dragon fly and then crash into the ground and skid for 20-30 m?

Is this the product of bashing up a wing before they take flight, or something else?
Had it happen to me a couple of times now. Almost always after I have pelted the dragon in the air with arrows. So you might be on to something with damaging the wings, I don't have any idea what causes it though.

Deadbeat

Banned
What are all the spells that light up areas around you? Im using that candelight thing that shoots up a flare but I find it pretty bad. Is there anything else like nightvision?

I can confirm the effects go past 100%, however it's not absolute value. I timed my Magica regen:

1. 100% regen on items = ~15 seconds to get back 380 Magicka

2. 200% regen on items = ~10 seconds to get back 380 Magicka

Staab

So, asking again, can someone help me with the house in Riftin.

I finished the quest for it
where I have to kill the skooma importers
but there is no conversation option with either the jarl or the jarl's assistant to buy a house. Do I need to do more tasks to "help the people of Riftin" like I've had to do in other cities, or is my game just bugged.
Not sure if this helps but :
Once I finished the skooma quest I was honored with the Thane title and she mentioned I helped the citizens of Riften and so on, then I was able to purchase the house from the assistant.

I'm guessing you might have to do a couple of other quests within the city too :
from the top of my head, I joined the Thieves, helped the Temple of Mara and the son of the Jarl (grab sword thing), not much more.

Jrmint

So I just killed my first dragon outside of Whiterun.

Should I sell the Dragon Bones and whatnot, or keep them for something?

HTuran

Just a yes or no (don't give any details because I've only done the first quest on the main quest. But when you finish the main quest do dragons stop randomly showing up? This is probably a stupid question.

Dragons continue to appear after the end of the main quest.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Had it happen to me a couple of times now. Almost always after I have pelted the dragon in the air with arrows. So you might be on to something with damaging the wings, I don't have any idea what causes it though.

I tend to only use magic to attack dragons in the air, and when they land, I attack from the side (away from the tail and mouth), so do end up doing a ton of damage to the wing. That might be it.

eek5

What are all the spells that light up areas around you? Im using that candelight thing that shoots up a flare but I find it pretty bad. Is there anything else like nightvision?

Nope. Magelight is like candlelight but it shoots a sphere out that can stick to objects/walls/people. Khajiit have eye of night power

If you're planning on crafting heavy dragon armor keep them. If you aren't, then sell them.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion

Keep them for now. Smithing dragon armor is well worth it, relatively cheap, and you can always sell the bones and scales later if you need the cash.

Pollux

Not sure if this helps but :
Once I finished the skooma quest I was honored with the Thane title and she mentioned I helped the citizens of Riften and so on, then I was able to purchase the house from the assistant.

I'm guessing you might have to do a couple of other quests within the city too :
from the top of my head, I joined the Thieves, helped the Temple of Mara and the son of the Jarl (grab sword thing), not much more.

OK thanks. I haven't completed anything but the
skooma quest
that I talked about . I'll look into doing those

GeoramA

Killed an elder dragon, but didn't get a soul. Killed him again and no soul. Used a shitload of health potions as well...

Fuckin buggy games, how do they work?

eek5

CHEEZMO™;32828650 said:
Where does the little girl hide in when you play Hide and Seek?

a little ways behind the house you'll find her hiding where you'll get attacked (or at least I did)

iNvid02

a little ways behind the house you'll find her hiding where you'll get attacked (or at least I did)

yeah shes hiding in a coffin, but there is a vampire there who attacks you straight away so sneak up and take her down asap.

Atomski

How hard is it to actually level past 50? Im 34 now and starting to worry about my finishing up my perks :p.

Also I remember hearing that dungeons reset after 30 in game days. Yet when I highlight dungeons I know I did 30 days ago they still say cleared. Does that go away when they reset?

iNvid02

How hard is it to actually level past 50? Im 34 now and starting to worry about my finishing up my perks :p.

Also I remember hearing that dungeons reset after 30 in game days. Yet when I highlight dungeons I know I did 30 days ago they still say cleared. Does that go away when they reset?

i dont know about dungeons resetting (all mine say cleared still) but im level 49 and its pretty
hard to increase now. still got plenty to do so i reckon i'll make it to 55 maybe

Jrmint

Thanks for the answers guys on the Dragon Bones.

One more question. That highcarl (or whatever) girl you get in Whiterun after defeating the dragon. Will she go with me anywhere, or just in and around Whiterun?

Gravijah

Thanks for the answers guys on the Dragon Bones.

One more question. That highcarl (or whatever) girl you get in Whiterun after defeating the dragon. Will she go with me anywhere, or just in and around Whiterun?

she's a companion, she'll go everywhere.

Forkball

All of my Steam friends are fairly avid TF2ers. But the impossible has happened.

uySUP.jpg

Dreaver

A few minutes ago, I encountered my first random dragon. Sadly, a random traveler I promised to get him to some kind of
tree, for sap for a quest
died.

Amazing moment, first random dragon.

scy

So, picked up the Investor perk on my Imperial since, hey, felt like it made sense. Seems like the perk is bugged :/ Or at least, I can't seem to find a way to keep the merchants I've invested in to actually keep the money I gave them. ~1100 Gold before Investing, ~1600 after Investing, and then ~1100 after returning when their inventory refreshes.

I can confirm the effects go past 100%, however it's not absolute value. I timed my Magica regen:

1. 100% regen on items = ~15 seconds to get back 380 Magicka

2. 200% regen on items = ~10 seconds to get back 380 Magicka

Isn't that how it should scale? +100% is half the time (30s -> 15s), +200% is one-third the time (30s -> 10s).

BurningNad

Just had a Bandit Highwayman try to make me pay a toll of 200 gold for using the road. I successfully intimidated her (getting a skill up in the process) and she even sounded scared and said that it was a good idea... but I still lost 200 gold. I killed her and she wa sonly carrying 5 gold. The gold doesn't matter, but it's the PRINCIPLE!

Dresden

More specifically I hear that axes are kinda useless - I love the idea of having bleeds, but I guess they deal 1~3 points of damage every second for 3~6 seconds, and they don't stack, thus making it rather unattractive.

So maces or swords - armor penetration sounds cool but criticals are always great in RPGs.

eek5

More specifically I hear that axes are kinda useless - I love the idea of having bleeds, but I guess they deal 1~3 points of damage every second for 3~6 seconds, and they don't stack, thus making it rather unattractive.

So maces or swords - armor penetration sounds cool but criticals are always great in RPGs.

Ignoring armor is pretty cool. It's hard to compare though because we don't really know how much damage the crit is doing. Swords also swing faster than maces so figuring out the DPS without creation kit is tricky

Oh I think maces can knock people over too.. not 100% sure though

I'm trying to do one of the stormcloaks quests, it said to me some guy and his soldiers near this town, I go there and the guy starts attacking me, just him, and I'd I kill him he just rests on the ground and gets back up, what gives? I'm supposed to be able to talk to him.

Leucrota

Wow, how am i going to kill a dragon as pure archery at the beginning of the game?

Also, I rarely come across dungeons while just exploring, unlike Oblivion, where they seem to be everywhere. Only 8 hrs in, so still a loot of time to look.

Theres a trick to marry any NPC for the PC version:

1. Visit the NPC
2. open the console with '~' (the key before 1 lol)
3. mark the npc with the cursor so that some hex info is displayed
4. type in:
Addtofaction 19809 1
setrelationshiprank player 4
5. Wear the amulet of Mara
6. close the console and ask her to marry you
:D

Top Bottom