• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

I'm a stage four vampire and I need to feed so I can buy a soul take scroll without being beaten to death. I have no idea where to find someone to feed from. My sneak is shit.

I hate being a vamp.

GavinGT

Banned
I'm a stage four vampire and I need to feed so I can buy a soul take scroll without being beaten to death. I have no idea where to find someone to feed from. My sneak is shit.

I hate being a vamp.

Try Whiterun stables at night. You may have to kill all but one of the occupants of the house before sneaking in to feed, though.

Dropping all your items should help you sneak better, but even then you may have to cheese it by just barely peeking around a corner and selecting Feed.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Just had a Bandit Highwayman try to make me pay a toll of 200 gold for using the road. I successfully intimidated her (getting a skill up in the process) and she even sounded scared and said that it was a good idea... but I still lost 200 gold. I killed her and she wa sonly carrying 5 gold. The gold doesn't matter, but it's the PRINCIPLE!

Must be a bug, happened to me 2 times. Refused her and attacked both time and still lost the gold.

Visceir

I hate being a vamp.

Take off all your armor and get naked, helps you to sneak better :D

Derrick01

Banned
In one of the imperial camps I was in for the Civil War stuff, I heard a soldier that strangely sounded like Ewan McGregor talking to another soldier next to him. But when soldier 2 responded...it was the same voice! I know there's like a billion NPCs and only 70 voice actors, but you'd think they would space them out a bit.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Is there anything untoward going on in Rorikstead? I'm checking it out and the game seems to make a deal out of the crops being really good.

Esch

Banned
not being able to go into the other side of the smithing tree is fucking bullshit of the highest order.

Essentially by picking light armor they fucked me a little in the upper limit of the damage i can deal. I should be able to smith daedric or ebony weapons regardless

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Does the 360 version track your time played at all? Seems crazy that the game tracks so many stats but not that one (that I can see).

ShinNL

not being able to go into the other side of the smithing tree is fucking bullshit of the highest order.

Essentially by picking light armor they fucked me a little in the upper limit of the damage i can deal. I should be able to smith daedric or ebony weapons regardless
Oh, the way it looks I thought you could go in a circle. So I guess not :eek:

I went heavy >_>;

HTuran

Yeah, that's a little annoying. Still, Dragonscale armour looks incredible, and I imagine the difference between a Leg. Glass Bow and a Leg. Ebony Bow isn't that big.

I'm getting a little tired of my horse thinking it is a warrior and then getting itself killed.

Yeah, I found horses annoying until the DB questline. Now my horse is invincible, unless you ride it off a mountain.

Dresden

I went heavy >_>;

Heavy is the ONLY path to take, because even by going Heavy you can still make the best Light Armor (Dragonscale) while having access to Daedric weapons.

oneils

This is getting ridiculous. Does anyone know where to get Ebony ore/ingots? I've honestly found one mine that had some. Merchants don't sell any and the other mine that's supposed to have some (Redbelly) is empty. WTF.

I believe I got mine from a mine near Markarth.

HTuran

Heavy is the ONLY path to take, because even by going Heavy you can still make the best Light Armor (Dragonscale) while having access to Daedric weapons.

Oh man, how did I not think this? Goddammit, thinking I might change my perks for the first time using the console. *facepalm*

oneils

I went heavy >_>;

I believe you can go up either side of the constellation. There is nothing preventing anyone from doing that. So, if you want you can fill out the whole constellation. Just need the perk points to do it.

I have advanced armour and ebony armour at this point. The only one I am missing on the "light" side is glass (well and dragon too).

Any tips for beginning players? I just got to Whiterun and started the story quest there to get things going proper before starting to do some side stuff. Should buying a house be a priority right now, because my weight is pretty much over 200 constantly. What should I do with some of the loot I get like weapons or armor that I don't need any more? Should I just sell them? Is there any negatives to leveling quickly? I jumped to level five after only the first dungeon.

Well this is jolly fun! My game froze and I had to do a hard reset. When trying to load up again - all my save games are corrupt...

Any way to fix this?

HTuran

Well this is jolly fun! My game froze and I had to do a hard reset. When trying to load up again - all my save games are corrupt...

Any way to fix this?

Oof, that doesn't sound right. Surely the game only touches the current save file? Feel for you, hope you can sort it out.

Seventy5

I just finished the Thieves Guild quest line, and it was longer and more stealthy than Splinter Cell Conviction ffs. It took me like 14 hours to do all the main quests and extra jobs to get to Guildmaster. So awesome. This game is fucking brilliant. I'm playing on PS3.

Ace Combat: Assault Horizon for $40 at Fry's or Skyrim for $60?

The wife will only let me have one withut too many dirty looks. FFFUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!

Any way to fix this?
This happened to me with Oblivion way back. It didn't crash, just turned it on one day and files were corrupt. I just took it up the ass and started over.

Grinchy

Banned
Killed an elder dragon, but didn't get a soul. Killed him again and no soul. Used a shitload of health potions as well...

Fuckin buggy games, how do they work?

Yeah in the menu, under shouts, I have 2 shouts I can't activate. It says I have 1 dragon soul (from the new dragon I just killed) but when I try to use it to activate a new shout, it tells me I need a dragon soul. I think it's bugged. I read a little bit about it elsewhere with other people having problems too.

Yeah in the menu, under shouts, I have 2 shouts I can't activate. It says I have 1 dragon soul (from the new dragon I just killed) but when I try to use it to activate a new shout, it tells me I need a dragon soul. I think it's bugged. I read a little bit about it elsewhere with other people having problems too.
Are things like this Bethesda usually try to fix or do they just let it ride?

That Ace Combat for $40 is looking better and better...

Anyone have the Prima guide? I'm just curious if I should get it or not. I don't think I'd use it as much as I thought I would, but I'm unsure.

Lakitu

st5fu
Is it possible to divorce? I don't like Benor anymore, he's ugly. I've found a new fancy man and want to marry him instead.

Killing him seems to be the way out of it.

On another note, the guards seem to come out with hilarious one-liners.

'Don't think you can barter with me like you do with those damned shopkeepers!' :lol

GhaleonEB

CHEEZMO™;32830061 said:
Gah! Just got attacked by another DB assassin in the wild.

-_-

What's the dealio?

I killed my second last night as well. Not sure what's up, other than just reminding us they are out there.

ok this game..

holy shit. Was up until 5 am playing last night. Got home from having a few drinks and wanted to play BF3 for a match or two. I do that and decide to shut down the computer. But the little Skyrim steam shortcut is right there under my cursor. Figure I'll play for 20 minutes do a side quest or two. But no, holy mother god, marathon 6 hour gaming session. I felt dirty afterwards. I haven't even done the first part of the main quest line.
Pinebranch was a cool dungeon.

ok this game..

holy shit. Was up until 5 am playing last night. Got home from having a few drinks and wanted to play BF3 for a match or two. I do that and decide to shut down the computer. But the little Skyrim steam shortcut is right there under my cursor. Figure I'll play for 20 minutes do a side quest or two. But no, holy mother god, marathon 6 hour gaming session. I felt dirty afterwards. I haven't even done the first part of the main quest line.
Pinebranch was a cool dungeon.
I'd be in so much trouble. I can't get this game.

Kaze13

I hated the combat in Oblivion. The combat in this game is...a bit better. I'm rolling with a Conjurer battle mage. I have Lydia with me to tank and only summon the frost atro if things get a bit hairy. My combat role is basically a controller. Here's the question though: is there a parry system with the shield? I noticed that I can sometimes stagger an enemy with a just in time block. I take no damage and I'm able to deal more shots right after. Am I just imagining things?

I think that the shield/sword combo offers the best hack and slash experience in the game. Between the normal shield, shield push, shield parry (?), I'm actually enjoying hacking and slashing. I'm playing on Master difficulty.

edit: Holy shit. I wasn't wrong. haha. From the wiki:

"It has been confirmed that the Block skill does work slightly differently from Oblivion's Block skill.

Having skill in the Block combat art allows the player to parry or absorb melee and archery attacks with shields and two-handed weapons. Successful blocks reduce damage."

Frillen

Need help with the DB questline

So I did the first quest, "Innocence Lost". Didn't know what to do next so I checked a guide. The guide tells me that I should sleep for at least 8 hours. By doing so a woman named Astrid will come talk to me when I wake up. Problem is, I figured out that I've killed her during the earlier parts of the game. She tried to kill me in the wild. I killed her and she had an assassination note on her about killing me. Am I fucked?

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Are there any unmarked places on the map? By unmarked I mean not appearing ANYWHERE - not in the bar at top of the screen, nor on your map.

Because I just found one on the far north.

xxczx

Need help with the DB questline

So I did the first quest, "Innocence Lost". Didn't know what to do next so I checked a guide. The guide tells me that I should sleep for at least 8 hours. By doing so a woman named Astrid will come talk to me when I wake up. Problem is, I figured out that I've killed her during the earlier parts of the game. She tried to kill me in the wild. I killed her and she had an assassination note on her about killing me. Am I fucked?
Probably.
I know that if you kill her when you awake you get a quest called Destroying the Dark Brotherhood

Have you tried at least sleeping to see what happens?

dalin80

Banned
Doing the imperial quest line after the main quest is much more fun when you have
A summonable fucking dragon that wrecks shit up during siege missions, just held winterfold and the dragon sat himself down under the main gate and just coated all the stormcloacks in lovely fire

Noaloha

Blegh. Something unfortunate has occurred. Lydia had been rolling around for a while wielding Wuuthrad to grand effect. I've just started the College line of quests and was in the first dungeon you get sent to. After clearing the place out I notice that Lydia's switched to axe + shield. "Ha ha ha Lydia, you are a silly bugger aren't you" thinks I as I force myself upon her inventory with a view to her carrying more of my shit. It's then that I notice Wuuthrad isn't on her. It's then that I remember the two or three separate Disarm-shouting draugr that this dungeon's just tossed at me (my first day at Mage's School no less). Lydia's dropped the bloody battleaxe. And I can't find it. Anywhere. I've scoured the dungeon from top to bottom.

So yeah. I've gone and lost Wuuthrad, sacred blade of Ysgramor, just a few days after it was entrusted to my care. I feel like a bit of a dick.

Moral: Be mindful around any enemies who shout at your NPCs. If they're using weapons you care about, be sure to keep tabs on them. Or, in other words, Lydia is not to use sharp objects unsupervised. Round-ended scissors only, etc.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
So, I haven't really read up but what are the consequences of aligning with Stormcloaks or Imperials? Can I join both?

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I really think there needs to be some sort of PSA that all gamers should at least play the main quest up to a specific trigger point before wandering off.

I feel bad for people that have played for 20+ hours but haven't encountered any dragons and thus haven't gotten any souls, b/c they ignored the main quest.

It's like the opposite of IV's Oblivion Gates, ha.

xxczx

So, I haven't really read up but what are the consequences of aligning with Stormcloaks or Imperials? Can I join both?
Nope. You can only join one because of what happens during the quests.

And I don't think there are any consequences, just pick which one suits you. I personally enjoyed joining Stormcloaks more than Imperial, Imperials are just too fancy.

GavinGT

Banned

Any way to fix this?

Some are saying this works:

- start a new game
- wait through chariot sequence
- once you can access the menu, do so and try to load one of the old saves

Top Bottom