• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

Osietra

Banned
Due to a HDD crash I can't play the PC version of Skyrim until I can get a recovery disc.

So I'm going to Redbox the 360 version. Is the texture issue fixed? Should I install or not?

I find it amazing that we can swap saved games between PC and 360, how awesome would it be if it became standard ? So glad I bought the Steam version as well as the 360.

Owzers

Is there any way to directly use a spell in your favorites list like you do potions, or can you only equip them? Switching is such a hassle Xo.

I finished the Proving Honor quest in the Companions line, but I can't figure out how to trigger or find the next quest. I talk to Vilkas and he says I'm already on a job from Skorj, but I don't have anything in my quest log from him.

Can anyone help me out?
Sorry for the bump, but im stuck here... any help out there?

vareon

How can you guys get so much money? I'm struggling to get over 2000 since I always spend it on ores and ingots and other shits.

zeitgeist

I had a random dragon attack at the College of Winterhold and its bones have been going crazy ever since. I captured this video of it. Every time I go there they're in a different location but always going crazy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5SEDYN1AXY

That kind of happened in my game. It is right in the courtyard at the College and when I zone in it always just drops from the sky and jiggles a bit until it gets settles on the ground.

joesmokey

I'm about 30 hours in on PC and the game is repeatedly crashing straight to the desktop for me. It normally happens when auto save is triggered (fast travel, new zone) but happens while randomly wandering too. Think I'm going to wait for the patch or see if disabling auto save helpa any.

Derrick01

Banned
The quests just keep getting more disappointing as I do them.

(civil war spoiler)
I capture 1 fort and I end up taking the entire region. WTF? I wanted to launch attacks on Dawnstar and Riften. There were more guards there then in the shitty forts I took.

Dries

Thought I'd just leave these here...

2d6rz48.jpg

fyfwgm.jpg

wukoxw.jpg

AndresON777

shooting blanks
What's the best way to kill giants? I'm a 2 handed nord melee. Dragons I can kill. Giants are tough SOB's. :(

Yeah they used to 1 hit 1 kill me when I was a level 9 or so (high elf mage)

By any chance are you on that quest where you have to retrieve the weapon/bow from the sleepy tree camp?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Wish I could change the camera in the console version, it's so zoomed in, it's like I'm playing Resident evil 5

Click and hold right stick down in 3rd person and use the Left stick to change the zoom level on your character.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Playing this game gets me in the same mood as when I'm really sinking into a good book. You can't just play for 10-20 minutes. You really need a couple of hours to invest.

What's intresting is that I usually play my first char in every RPG as a moral and up-standing citizen who does the right thing but here I'm really enjoying being on all sides of the law.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
as a fellow magic user, i feel your paint. well, felt. i'm on pc and fixed the problem by assigning spells to numbers - just tap the number once to instantly switch to it in the left hand, tap it twice to switch it to the right hand. was amazing when i figured that out. pretty sure the console versions have a quick select too

Oh man if I had a good PC I know I'd be playing it on it:(

xxczx

If any of you have finished the Dark Brotherhood
when you fully upgrade the new sanctuary (or just buy the torture room), keep on talking to the people in there. They will give you locations of gold. I killed one already but I got 5000 out of the three.

Mr_eX

That kind of happened in my game. It is right in the courtyard at the College and when I zone in it always just drops from the sky and jiggles a bit until it gets settles on the ground.

One time I fast traveled to an area and the first thing I saw was a mammoth fall from the sky landing on another mammoth, bouncing off, landing on its feet and then fell over dead.

eek5

Man just came across this armor. If I had known about this, I might have gone the heavy armor route. The generic name is pretty weird for such a good item though. It has the coolest effect when you crouch too. I don't get why they didn't make it light armor

finally fixed my texture on the 360, never installed and after about 15 hours I was getting really bad frame rates so i cleared my cache. After that textures never loaded right when playing off disk, most noticeable on my sword hilt and my mage's hands that looked like a doll's hands.

I loaded the game and just played, after about 20 minutes the textures on my hands popped in, and then all the other textures are fine. Also had some really sluggish issues with the menus, a few times i thought it was going to hard lok my 360. About 15 minutes after the texture issue resolved itself the menu is working butter smooth.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
This has happened to me twice now, but only happened last night. Has anyone seen a dragon fly and then crash into the ground and skid for 20-30 m?

Is this the product of bashing up a wing before they take flight, or something else?

eek5

What's with the fucking frost trolls that regenerate so god damn fast?

You're supposed to light them on fire to counter that.

Any high level conjurer here? Should I go for Necromancy or Atromancy?

Atromancy all the way. Atromancy lets you summon 2 things (atronachs, familiars, dremora lords, reanimated bodies, even the special spirit powers in combination with the other stuff) After having played around with reviving some of the higher level humanoids, dremora lords are still the best summon imo. The AI pathing on summons is even worse than companions. You don't really notice it until you use the thrall spells and have them up all the time. They fall behind a LOT and sometimes even waiting 2-3 hrs won't let them catch up to you. If you're doing a lot of casting, dremoras are much better tanks than the reanimated bodies as well (depending on what you bring back) although I haven't found anything to revive that was nearly as aggressive as the dremora lords so I doubt there is a better tank for mages

Any high level conjurer here? Should I go for Necromancy or Atromancy?

Go Atromancy, raising undead is too unpredictable, given that you need to have a corpse to begin with. Or just go both routes.

I'm at level 12 and trying to get into the Collage at Winterhold. What do I have to do?

Cast Fear on the crest.

Atromancy all the way. Atromancy lets you summon 2 things (atronachs, familiars, dremora lords, reanimated bodies, even the special spirit powers in combination with the other stuff) After having played around with reviving some of the higher level humanoids, dremora lords are still the best summon imo.

Do Dremora Lords count as atronachs?

Sethos

Banned
You're supposed to light them on fire to counter that.

If you mean with the destruction spell, that's what I'm doing, they still regenerate fast as shit. On my way to Ustengrav, there's a shit ton of them. They killed my horse, Lydia and when I finally get one down, another one comes, get that one down to 50% then a third one comes.

Fuck this game right now.

Visceir

Man just came across this armor. If I had known about this, I might have gone the heavy armor route. The generic name is pretty weird for such a good item though. It has the coolest effect when you crouch too. I don't get why they didn't make it light armor

If what I'm thinking of is the crouch effect you're talking about then you get it as a light armor perk...that's also probably why it's not light armor

eek5

If what I'm thinking of is the crouch effect you're talking about then you get it as a light armor perk...that's also probably why it's not light armor

It's either muffle or a lesser version of muffle. The poison aura and the actual effect (visual) you get while crouching (you basically turn into a shadow) is super cool though. It seems wasted on heavy armor.

edit: here is the armor effect I'm talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iImGLXCidwU

Do Dremora Lords count as atronachs?

As far as I can tell the double duration and twin souls counts for Dremora Lords. I'm not sure about the 50% since I got Dremora Lords after I got the 50% perk

Jesus, this game is awesome but some of the combat is just downright retarded...
I'm sporting full blown steel plate, upgraded and enchanted and some random dungeon dudes just come up to me and decapitate the shit out of me although I'm full health.

It's confusing... do I really need to have a shield handy just for 2H meeles?

Some of the balancing in the middle of the game is bizarre. For a period of time I was getting one shotted everywhere and then I got over the hill and everything was easy mode. I always had fully upgraded light armor too so I don't even know what the deal is.

Staab

Jesus, this game is awesome but some of the combat is just downright confusing...
I'm sporting full blown steel plate, upgraded and enchanted and some random dungeon dudes just come up to me and decapitate the shit out of me although I'm full health.

It's retarded... do I really need to have a shield handy just for 2H meeles?

Pollux

So, asking again, can someone help me with the house in Riftin.

I finished the quest for it
where I have to kill the skooma importers
but there is no conversation option with either the jarl or the jarl's assisstant to buy a house. Do I need to do more tasks to "help the people of Riftin" like I've had to do in other cities, or is my game just bugged.

HTuran

So, asking again, can someone help me with the house in Riftin.

I finished the quest for it
where I have to kill the skooma importers
but there is no conversation option with either the jarl or the jarl's assisstant to buy a house. Do I need to do more tasks to "help the people of Riftin" like I've had to do in other cities, or is my game just bugged.

The only tasks I'm getting from the Jarl in Riften are ones to clear out dragons...

Darkkn

Calling for dragon to help in fort assaults is pretty much the most epic thing in this game :p

My only big complaint at this point is followers. There is not much personality or dialog/charater progression in there and managing your follower is a pain. Is she dead or just hanging somewhere random? Who knows, maybe she shows up the next time i fast travel... Some kind of basic command interface would be awesome. I've also had trouble getting my followers to equip awesome weapons i give them :( Instead of useing the elven bow i gave her, she uses her default bow that does not show up in inventory.

HTuran

I've been putting off the main quest but are there any reasons to complete it first and then finish the subquests after that?

You get some essential shouts and it's nice and self-contained, with a beautiful ending. The main quest is really just another questline, no reason not to do it.

Top Bottom