• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

ajf009

God damn that Hall of The Dead quest... I feel so dirty because
the game makes you eat that dude, there's no option to not eat him and still be able to finish the quest! I wanted to just say no and kill everyone in that room

Angry Fork

Do the 'dark brotherhood forever' quests keep going on forever with random contracts?

God damn that Hall of The Dead quest... I feel so dirty because
the game makes you eat that dude, there's no option to not eat him and still be able to finish the quest! I wanted to just say no and kill everyone in that room

There was an option to leave but
I ate him because I wanted to >=).
Not sure if you're allowed to leave though.

ajf009

There was an option to leave but
I ate him because I wanted to >=).
Not sure if you're allowed to leave though.

sure there's the option to leave but then the quest just stays in your lists of things to do, I couldn't have that.. I'd rather do what I did

Edit: Oh and you're a monster!

Plasmid

Doing the imperial quest line after the main quest is much more fun when you have
A summonable fucking dragon that wrecks shit up during siege missions, just held winterfold and the dragon sat himself down under the main gate and just coated all the stormcloacks in lovely fire

I've been doing this too, it's so much fun :lol

Although i'm siding with the stormcloaks, imperial bastard.

Anyone a level 100 pickpocket? Is there a point in getting the perks to steal peoples weapons and armor they are wearing? do they ever have anything good on?

Audioboxer

What's this I hear about PS3 save files over 5mb? Mines is 5.5mb now or something.

Anyone a level 100 pickpocket? Is there a point in getting the perks to steal peoples weapons and armor they are wearing? do they ever have anything good on?

I haven't found anything yet, feels like a waste of perk points :(

~Kinggi~

Banned
Audίoboxer;32831558 said:
What's this I hear about PS3 save files over 5mb? Mines is 5.5mb now or something.

Look for smoke in your ps triple

Sharp

I had a random dragon attack at the College of Winterhold and its bones have been going crazy ever since. I captured this video of it. Every time I go there they're in a different location but always going crazy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5SEDYN1AXY
I'm pretty sure the reason for this behavior is that if the dragon were to fall in the proper location, it would be blocking an exit. Bethesda knew that the algorithm for bone placement wasn't perfect, so they wanted to ensure that at least players wouldn't be blocked from getting somewhere by incorrectly placed bones.

Plasmid

Alright so i'm kind of stuck, might be a quest glitch.

I'm doing the stormcloak quest to liberate haafingar, but when i talk to galmar, i have no option of talking to him about the quest, he just goes on about elves and shit and my journal doesn't get updated.

What's happening :(.

Audίoboxer;32831558 said:

Dang I guess I will stop perking that tree, i already have 90percent success on things they arent wearing

anddo0

What's up with the merchants in this game? They never have any money. I think the most I've seen is maybe 2k.

Side note: The Mind of a Madman= brilliant!

Zeliard

Was it ever confirmed whether or not the Elemental Potency perk affects Daedra summons as well, i.e the Dremora Lord?

He's fun in combat. Earlier some high-level vampire was begging for his life as the Dremora Lord taunted him and then was promptly sent flying back about 20 feet.

Enco

They should just make bones disintegrate.

I'd be seriously annoyed if I had huge bones in the middle of a city every time I went. It's just as annoying to see dead bodies on the ground.

anddo0

They should just make bones disintegrate.

I'd be seriously annoyed if I had huge bones in the middle of a city every time I went. It's just as annoying to see dead bodies on the ground.

There are Five in the courtyard of Winterhold college. FIVE!

First time the game has let me down.... Kind of far along the main quest. Only read if you have pretty much beat the main storyline.

After you capture the dragon and he's going to fly you to where Alduin is. You hop on the dragon's back, and I'm thinking, FUCK YES I'M ABOUT TO FLY OVER SKYRIM. Then I get a loading screen. Fuck that. The dude to get into the Hall of Valor was harder for me than Alduin. Being a sneak archer sucks at times. Lol

cluto

Does anyone know if there are ingredients that, when combined, will create a fortify alchemy potion, or a fortify enchanting potion?

Nevermind, I found this: "Fortify Enchanting (Blue Butterfly Wing, Hagraven Claw, Snowberries, Spriggan Sap)"

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Does anyone know if there are ingredients that, when combined, will create a fortify alchemy potion, or a fortify enchanting potion?

This please. And also a fortify smithing potion as well.

rexor0717

Doing the imperial quest line after the main quest is much more fun when you have
A summonable fucking dragon that wrecks shit up during siege missions, just held winterfold and the dragon sat himself down under the main gate and just coated all the stormcloacks in lovely fire

I already loved the game, but that shout made it twice as good.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I imagine, re: the Dark Brotherhood, they wouldn't let you kill
Astrid
before even being inducted?!

You can.
When you're in the abandoned house and have to kill one of the three people, you can just attack and kill Astrid which starts a quest called "Destroying the Dark Brotherhood".

cluto

Looks like there's no fortify alchemy potion.

Fortify Smithing (Blisterwort, Glowing Mushroom, Sabre Cat Tooth, Spriggan Sap)
Fortify Enchanting (Blue Butterfly Wing, Hagraven Claw, Snowberries, Spriggan Sap)

"I was honest when I called you all creepy losers, so why u so mad?"

I knew this super defensive, butthurt shitpost was coming in response to the totally called for inevitible backlash. I knew it. I almost was going to predict it in a post, but I figured it would cause you to not post it.

I called everyone here creepy losers? I said the people who spend so much memorizing the lore, history, races etc of ANY game to such a deep and specific degree I find a little creepy, yes. There's some people wh can spend hours talking about race X from fantasy game Y. I dont think its that uncommon of a perspective to have. Is that comment so far out base? If you're part of that group, grow a thicker skin, I didnt personally insult you. I was trying to say I dont fawn over these games, never played anything in the series, so people know where Im coming from and which would help them recommend this game to me or not.

TheContact

It's worth the 5k gold just for your first good chest stash.

Besides, soon enough, you'll be rolling around in gold.

I have 40k but I always max out my weight and companion's weight in dungeons and return to town a lot to sell. I need to spend it. What's a good house to buy after Breezehome? I hear there's one in Solitude but how do you buy it?

ajf009

I have 40k but I always max out my weight and companion's weight in dungeons and return to town a lot to sell. I need to spend it. What's a good house to buy after Breezehome? I hear there's one in Solitude but how do you buy it?

The Markarth house is sick, the weapon storage room is my favorite part

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Looks like there's no fortify alchemy potion.

Fortify Smithing (Blisterwort, Glowing Mushroom, Sabre Cat Tooth, Spriggan Sap)
Fortify Enchanting (Blue Butterfly Wing, Hagraven Claw, Snowberries, Spriggan Sap)

Nice, thanks.

scy

it sucks when you're doing a quest for some ALL POWERFUL ARTIFACT OF DOOM...

...and then it ends up giving like +30 hp. :/

That goddamn Necklace.

My recipe of choice is Snowberries + Spriggan Sap + Glowing Mushroom to just pop out a potion for both (...+Resist Shock). The Sap is the only rare one but it's not so bad when you're just looking at making Smithing/Enchanting potions. Blue Butterfly Wings + Snowberries and Blisterwort + Glowing Mushroom is probably the easiest way to make the potions individually if you find the Sap part a bit too rare.

The Alchemy grind to 100 is pretty abysmal though :/

GhaleonEB

sure there's the option to leave but then the quest just stays in your lists of things to do, I couldn't have that.. I'd rather do what I did

Edit: Oh and you're a monster!

There is an alternate ending to the quest that will clear it from the log.

Kill them all. The quest ends with a big "Quest Failed" splash.

Pro: lots and LOTS of loot on them all, and the guy you lured there will pay you for sparing him.

Con: population in Markarth market district steeply depleted.

I compromosed: I ate the dude, but then avenged him by luring the person that started it out side, killed her, looted her, then pitched her corpse in the river, where the current washed it away.

That washed the taste out of my mouth, so to speak.

Mindman

So is it possible to obtain high level loot in earlier in the game? Either in dungeons, or by stealing it somewhere? Or it is all leveled?

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
I got the weightless Heavy Armor perk last night. That immediately took off ~70 pounds I was carrying around. Now I can loot even more to make even more money. Now that I'm mostly done with Smithing, I'm swimming in money. I should save up and buy all the houses I can. Not that I need them, but I might as well do something with my money.

I also finally changed companions. I decided to let my wife, Aela the Huntress, stay at home so she wouldn't be in danger of dying. I've got the dark elf mage
who was worshiping Azura
traveling with me. She's much better since she has both Destruction and Conjuring magic.

It's kind of lame that I'm getting to the point where the game has become ridiculously easy apart from a few powerful mages. I'm already on Expert difficulty. I could raise it up to Master, but it wouldn't be long before even it becomes easy. I guess that's probably the biggest complaint I have now. The difficulty started off perfectly (on Adept), but higher level characters are almost gods. I'm only Level 34 and I've reached that point. I still haven't found any Dragon Priests, so I should track one of them down to see if they give me the challenge I desire.

GhaleonEB

So is it possible to obtain high level loot in earlier in the game? Either in dungeons, or by stealing it somewhere? Or it is all leveled?

You can find some good loot early on. I found a bow that I used for over 10 levels very early in the game by working through a place I had no business being in. You'll need to roam far away from the starting area. Head into the mountains or across them map.

Generally I've found places high up in the mountains tougher, and more richly rewarding, than lower down.

it sucks when you're doing a quest for some ALL POWERFUL ARTIFACT OF DOOM...

...and then it ends up giving like +30 hp. :/

I've had issues with this too. The loot is lacking to me sometimes, and it's not exciting finding anything good when it's the same steel sword or iron armor. The same stuff can basically be enchanted...

I did find some really cool rare stuff last night, but I really appreciate when loot is unique physically.

scy

you know exactly what i'm talking about, huh. :(

I think so:
Forbidden Legend? The whole "THIS MAN WAS UNKILLABLE WITH IT!" and every step of the quest has a "No, seriously, leave this shit alone man" messages left for you. End reward? +Health/Stamina/Magicka necklace! Fuck you game

It sticks out more-so because of it taking me about an hour to figure out why I couldn't get the last step to complete:
Disintegrating the bosses for the final fight will not allow you to progress.

Gravijah

I think so:
Forbidden Legend? The whole "THIS MAN WAS UNKILLABLE WITH IT!" and every step of the quest has a "No, seriously, leave this shit alone man" messages left for you. End reward? +Health/Stamina/Magicka necklace! Fuck you game

It sticks out more-so because of it taking me about an hour to figure out why I couldn't get the last step to complete:
Disintegrating the bosses for the final fight will not allow you to progress.

yes, that's what i just spent the last few hours doing. oh well, at least i used the experience for some fun role playing with my character. :/

It's all scaled. Even the unique guild stuff is scaled.

not the bonuses, though. and thankfully they improve as you level, so they aren't gimped forever.

Top Bottom