• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

scy

It's all scaled. Even the unique guild stuff is scaled.

Are they? I've done most my Guild stuff late so perhaps that's the case but I thought they still reward you with a baseline material (ala the Daedra quest rewards) that scale with your skills. That is, if it's Steel quality, it'll always be Steel quality. Damage and Armor scale with your skills but that's how all equipment works.

coopolon

I am having a pretty difficult time soloing a dragon as an assassin. I'm probably overleveled but there wasn't much I could do, sneak and pickpocket go up SO quickly. So my one handed, archery, and light armors are all in the 40s but I'm level 35 or so.

The problem is even after the dragon lands, I crouch to go into sneak (I have the shadow warrior perk) but it's still not giving me sneak bonuses on my attacks.

Is it possible to use that perk on a dragon?

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I stole the elven bow in the Companions' HQ. I think they are the ones who sent hired thugs after me:p

Now I enchanted it with the frost thingy from the Dragonstone Guardian's sword. Cool stuff.

bitoriginal

CHEEZMO™;32832694 said:
Really having trouble defeating
Red Eagle

It's not easy. I think you pretty much need a companion with you. I threw every high level scroll I had at him. I also had one where undead under level 35 flee, that seemed to work on him. So yeah, potions, companions, summons, scrolls... running away. That seemed to work for me.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
It's not easy. I think you pretty much need a companion with you. I threw every high level scroll I had at him. I also had one where undead under level 35 flee, that seemed to work on him. So yeah, potions, companions, summons, scrolls... running away. That seemed to work for me.

Literally just killed him.

Used the a firestorm scroll to take his health down a little, but also kill all the skeletons around in one go.

Then I just kept using the Whirlwind Sprint shout to keep out of range and pepper him with my bow.

The Chef

Word of Advice: Do NOT look at your total play time on your save.
My god did this game really only come out 9 days ago? My game save says 60 hours....SIXTY ...I feel so worthless.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
there is unique loot and I'm not sure if it is good. I'm going through the main quest now and some stuff in key locations have been pretty low level for me.

Arjen

I just checked how much quest i still have open.
41..And i've only been to 4 citys
Can't believe how big this game is.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I only get 2x :/
What gives?

Is it better than the Orcish bow? And if yes, where is it at in the Companions HQ?

Damage 20, weight 12. I added "target takes 10 points of frost damage to health and stamina". Don't know about the orcish bow. Companion HQ is in Winterun.

Starting to get decked out in Dwarven armor and weapons now, feels good, looks great too. Also got to see my first Dwarven temple, these ruins have beautiful art. Loving this game.

dalin80

Banned
How viable is playing as a total archer spec?

very, especially when you get the x3 damage perk from the sneak line, travel light and dont forget the useful shouts for crowd control if it all goes wrong. A high stamina level is very useful when combined with the slowdown and zoom perk from the archery level.

Just finished a huge dungeon from the mages guild and got through it without taking a single hit and only missing a couple of shots.

My guy has light armour, a awesome drainspell bow (transparent glowing blue bow) and a moderate selection of low level spells just in case.

As a added bonus if you enter a Draugr dungeon and see a Draugr 'asleep' in its casket, on the floor or standing you can fire a arrow in and get a 3x bonus which will most likely kill it before it even wakes up.

46k gold, and I haven't been to every city. I've too much shit.

Having to go to every city and decide where I want to live, I guess Solitude would be the best choice.

Derrick01

Banned
The scaling must have broken my stealth build because ever since I've hit 40 (now 44) I get detected much easier. Many times after I shoot an arrow in stealth enemies are alerted as soon as the bow snaps so when the arrow hits I don't get bonus damage, then they usually detect me right after. The entire game since I've leveled stealth up I've had people run up right next to me and not notice, and now they notice me like I'm in full plate armor. No clue what happened...

Nose Master said:
Bows automatically use the strongest arrow you have, right?

Nope usually it'll be the weakest like iron or steel. When you run out you'l have to manually set the next strongest.

Log4Girlz

CHEEZMO™;32832942 said:
Literally just killed him.

Used the a firestorm scroll to take his health down a little, but also kill all the skeletons around in one go.

Then I just kept using the Whirlwind Sprint shout to keep out of range and pepper him with my bow.

He scales. I had full Daedric armor and a Daedric named mace. I ran around the room and killed skeletons and just bobbed and weaved to avoid most of his damage. He's tough.

Dizzy-4U

Word of Advice: Do NOT look at your total play time on your save.
My god did this game really only come out 9 days ago? My game save says 60 hours....SIXTY ...I feel so worthless.

Same. The scary part for me is that aside from Whiterun and The The College of Winterhold, I haven't been to any other "big" city. I'll probably get bazillion quests when I get to those.

dalin80

Banned
The scaling must have broken my stealth build because ever since I've hit 40 (now 44) I get detected much easier. Many times after I shoot an arrow in stealth enemies are alerted as soon as the bow snaps so when the arrow hits I don't get bonus damage, then they usually detect me right after. The entire game since I've leveled stealth up I've had people run up right next to me and not notice, and now they notice me like I'm in full plate armor. No clue what happened...

Nope usually it'll be the weakest like iron or steel. When you run out you'l have to manually set the next strongest.

Same, I believe its still got a case of oblivionitis, every time you level up everyone else gets better at detecting, meaning stealthy characters get weaker as the game goes on.

Tenck

Damage 20, weight 12. I added "target takes 10 points of frost damage to health and stamina". Don't know about the orcish bow. Companion HQ is in Winterun.

Thanks. Will try to get it.

Anyone know if I can craft my own arrows? I want to make some Orcish or Dwarven ones.

zeitgeist

Can anyone help out?

I was just at Warmaiden's and they had boots I wanted but I left the store to buy them from the girl since it would be cheaper but now they are not in stock from either seller.

Do items just randomly appear in a merchant's stock for a short time?

How should I level up my Pickpocket? It's not very high at all.

Also, when I go to solitude the guard asks me to pay my fines and I persuade him and he says okay. After he's done talking, every guard attacks me. Why is this?

Sethos

Banned
All those dragonbones you pick up, they weigh a ton but are worth a decent penny apparently ... where do I sell these?

EDIT: Oh nevermind, found it :)

EDIT2: Dammit, broke ass vendors can't even afford to take it off my hands.

Tenck

you cant but they are easily acquired.

got about 600 ancient nord arrows sat around and a few hundred other types.

Well I need more powerful ones since I'm up against more powerful foes. Have absolutely no idea where I would get Dwarven or Orcish ones :/

All those dragonbones you pick up, they weigh a ton but are worth a decent penny apparently ... where do I sell these?

I believe any merchant will buy them.

coopolon

I guess I'm just going to bring a long a companion explicitly for dragon fights from now on. I'll just tell them to wait at the beginning of dungeons and pick them up at the end. Another 200 lbs carry weight anyway. Fighting a dragon as stealth build was just no fun at all.

Is it a good idea to let Lydia carry stuff? I've been giving her my dragon bones/scales since I don't have a house yet and I'm expecting her to die soon and leave me with a bunch of bones scattered around.

Also how are you guys getting so much gold? I get a decent amount by lifting it off bodies but I'm 9 hrs in and still only have 2,000 gold.

Nose Master

Two questions that have gotten lost in this giant thread:

1. Is their any way to turn off the
werewolf
transformation other than waiting it out?

2. Are soul gems one time use only? Sometimes it seems like I can use them, then refill them. Maybe not, though.

I hope there is a mod soon that prevents horses from aggroing everything, I really like travelling everywhere on horseback but it also makes the game way too easy because my horse can tank seemingly everything even on master difficulty.

Mik2121

Is it a good idea to let Lydia carry stuff? I've been giving her my dragon bones/scales since I don't have a house yet and I'm expecting her to die soon and leave me with a bunch of bones scattered around.

Also how are you guys getting so much gold? I get a decent amount by lifting it off bodies but I'm 9 hrs in and still only have 2,000 gold.

You will get more further down the line. I'm 23 hours in and got overall around 9000 gold I think. During the first few hours I struggled to get gold but after seeing the price of the house, I started to wander around and sell everything I could get my hands on (not stolen) and soon enough I was able to buy the house (by the time I was level 10 or so). I'm level 15 now and got 3000 coins, after buying the house and all the furniture.

Realyn

i might be in the minority, but i honestly think you made it look worse.

Well, I can live with that ;). I can understand it, if you dont like it - but you did notice the enhanced sharpening in picture 3 right? You can activate it without a change in color.

Top Bottom