• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

Tenck

Does any Wiki have a list of where we can find certain items? I want to use the Arrowsmith mod but don't want to wander mindlessly around every cave.

Concept17

Yeah the color change looks horrendous. I guess if its your thing sure, but it gives it an almost cartoony look and kind of ruins the atmosphere.

Derrick01

Banned
Guess I'm going to have to start bringing and equipping a companion. I'm not built to deal with constant direct fights since my stealth is apparently broken now. People spot me miles away when I shoot now. Goddamn level scaling.

TheMan

I'm starting to think Bethesda went overboard with the dragons. The wow factor of fighting these things wears off real quick when they show up every 30-40 mins. They should have made the fights much harder and only happen ever 3-4 hours at most.

KorrZ

Guess I'm going to have to start bringing and equipping a companion. I'm not built to deal with constant direct fights since my stealth is apparently broken now. People spot me miles away when I shoot now. Goddamn level scaling.

Wait, what? Your stealth gets fucked as you level up? T_T I'm building my entire character around stealth archery...I hope that's just a glitch.

Leucrota

The dungeons on this game have so much atmosphere and are just beautiful.

Came across my first fort occupied by some adept majors and needed to run away. Only level 12 archer. Haha. Feels good to come across stuff I cannot 1-hit, when at the same level in Oblivion i was practically a god.

Derrick01

Banned
Wait, what? Your stealth gets fucked as you level up? T_T I'm building my entire character around stealth archery...I hope that's just a glitch.

Glitch or not I'm pretty fucked now because all the enemies I come across spot me really easy when I fire a bow and this didn't really start happening until I reached the 40s. I mean I'm in all dark brotherhood gear and I have every thief skill 90 and higher with most or all of the perks and I'm being spotted like I have a 0 stealth skill.

Maaseru

Banned
Git my sneak at 100 and with my DB shrouded gloves y get double backstab, so I've been killing everything n problem for a while, I get 12x attack with my backstab on my Mace!! No one can;t stop me now!

Khezu

Glitch or not I'm pretty fucked now because all the enemies I come across spot me really easy when I fire a bow and this didn't really start happening until I reached the 40s. I mean I'm in all dark brotherhood gear and I have every thief skill 90 and higher with most or all of the perks and I'm being spotted like I have a 0 stealth skill.

Do you have that hilariously overpowered perk at the end of the sneak tree? I can't believe that made it into the game.

KorrZ

Jesus, looks like I'm gonna start spamming my Illusion skill up to invisibility then. Maybe fortify sneak enchants are a necessity at higher level. Have you confirmed that this is a permanent thing and not just an odd glitch?

iNvid02

i think i've hit that point in the game where it starts to crash to desktop a lot. maybe its the game trying to figure out everything i've done and crumbling i dunno, but its kinda unplayable now.

Sethos

Banned
i think i've hit that point in the game where it starts to crash to desktop a lot. maybe its the game trying to figure out everything i've done and crumbling i dunno, but its kinda unplayable now.

My game is also slowly becoming more unstable as I progress, like when it has to keep track of more and more things. First 6-8 hours of the game? Nothing. Last 4 hours? About 4 CTDs.

Try Whiterun stables at night. You may have to kill all but one of the occupants of the house before sneaking in to feed, though.

Dropping all your items should help you sneak better, but even then you may have to cheese it by just barely peeking around a corner and selecting Feed.

Take off all your armor and get naked, helps you to sneak better :D

Thanks! This worked like a charm. I got vamped again soon after but had cure disease with me so I stopped it before I could be completely turned.

abundant

One thing I just found out that was cool - your Companion Shield Brothers and Sisters roam around Skyrim, so you can be off searching for a dungeon and bump into them along the way.

Heysoos

Why can't I use Merchants/Stores properly with the mouse? For example, I'll try to click on 'Weapons' to bring up the other tab which shows me the weapons I can buy, but it doesn't work. Nothing happens. I can keep clicking and nothing will happen. Same for scrolling with the scroll wheel, sometimes it'll work, other times it won't do something. The only setting I've changed was turning off mouse acceleration on the Skyrim.ini file.

Derrick01

Banned
Do you have that hilariously overpowered perk at the end of the sneak tree? I can't believe that made it into the game.

Yeah and it doesn't work all of the time for whatever reason, probably because they can already spot me really easy. The invisibility given by that perk only lasts about 1 second.

Is there a good way to battle groups of mages as a mage? I'm level 8 and unfortunately using lighting isn't helping too much. I've heard good things about enchanting weapons, but I don't know how to get the skills to enchant.

dalin80

Banned
Yeah and it doesn't work all of the time for whatever reason, probably because they can already spot me really easy. The invisibility given by that perk only lasts about 1 second.

My only guess to help would be if there were any fortify sneaking items, haven't seen any yet or even know if any exist, if they dont then its pointless trying to sneak at high levels, you have until about level 35 to 40 after that there might as well be a neon sign above your head.

Is there a good way to battle groups of mages as a mage? I'm level 8 and unfortunately using lighting isn't helping too much. I've heard good things about enchanting weapons, but I don't know how to get the skills to enchant.

Your shouts will be useful, especially the knock-back when you start off with, conjuring a tank like summons is very useful as well if you can spare the mana, if the enemies you are facing have ice spike spells run away and keep running its like being hit by chaingun firing nukes.

Vilifier

Neo Member
I am really enjoying this game, playing as a mage has been very satisfying so far.

I am having a slight issue with motion sickness climbing some of the more mountainous areas such as around Azura's shrine and 7000's steps for example, and I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on any setting changes I could make on the PC version to reduce the affects on me personally. I think it must be caused by the way the camera moves, but I don't know of any way to change the way the camera operates. I can play FPS and flight sims without any problems, and the only other game that gave me similar problems was the WOW expansion burning crusade.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Gravijah

Why can't I use Merchants/Stores properly with the mouse? For example, I'll try to click on 'Weapons' to bring up the other tab which shows me the weapons I can buy, but it doesn't work. Nothing happens. I can keep clicking and nothing will happen. Same for scrolling with the scroll wheel, sometimes it'll work, other times it won't do something. The only setting I've changed was turning off mouse acceleration on the Skyrim.ini file.

something similar happens on the console versions.

Started a new character as just 2 Handed, and it's way overpowered starting out. Every other power attack is a cinematic kill. It's great.

So I don't know what I should do about Cicero.

Dark Brotherhood spoilers:

On one hand, I take pride in being a ruthless killer. On the other hand, the Dread Father doesn't want me to kill Cicero.

Enco

Think I've had 1 crash in almost 40 hours.
41 hours and I've had numerous straight to desktop crashes with no warning or error. Not a biggie cos I save every few mins.

I spent the past few (real time) hours exploring and making my way to Karthwasten or whatever it's called. I paid the assholes to leave and I stole my money back as well as their leaders money while I was at it. I got rewarded for it too. Oh yea.

Definitely my number one game of all time.

Derrick01

Banned
Think I've had 1 crash in almost 40 hours.

I had 3 in Hag's End alone about 20 minutes ago, and about a total of 8 minutes apart. Well not necessarily a crash, it just exits to the desktop. That has been happening to me a lot more ever since I crossed the 40-50 hour mark on PC. There's no warning or anything, I'll just be walking somewhere and boom I'm on my desktop in a flash.

edit: Yeah what Enco said. I'm glad it's not just happening to me. FIX THIS SHIT BETHESDA! :p

balddemon

Banned
Started a new character as just 2 Handed, and it's way overpowered starting out. Every other power attack is a cinematic kill. It's great.

truth. its great fun to lift a jumping wolf above my head while its on my sword, and then throw it back down. pretty awesome.

edit: for those of you CTD'ing all the time, download a borderless windowed mod. ever since i did that, haven't crashed once, and i play for hours and hour sa ta time.

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=4

heres hte one i use

Your shouts will be useful, especially the knock-back when you start off with, conjuring a tank like summons is very useful as well if you can spare the mana, if the enemies you are facing have ice spike spells run away and keep running its like being hit by chaingun firing nukes.
Hmm, never tried a summoning spell before. I have 150 magicka, is that enough for a tank summon? I've been only using destruction magic for my offense so far.

TemplaerDude said:
Any one find these Dwemer spheres drop filled souls gems like candy? I've looted about 5 greater soul gems with greater souls.
Oh absolutely, I am in one of their dungeons now, I can't wait to get back and do some powerful enchanting with them.

Oh absolutely, I am in one of their dungeons now, I can't wait to get back and do some powerful enchanting with them.

It's awesome for a character like mine who has no enchanting skill at all and just wants some damn gems to keep my weapons up to snuff.

Must raid more Dwemer ruins.

TekDragon

Banned
Question on the thieves guild.

In Oblivion the thieves guild had... not quite honor, but something. They weren't evil. They were fighting against corruption and uneven justice.

I found myself in Riften and it's a city filled with corruption. First thing I hear (not a spoiler, cause literally everyone talks about it) is how this one opulent and truly corrupt citizen has the thieves guild wrapped around her finger while she brutalizes the city.

I don't need details, but I would like to know if Skyrim's thieves guild is as corrupt and evil as it appears on the surface.

My game is also slowly becoming more unstable as I progress, like when it has to keep track of more and more things. First 6-8 hours of the game? Nothing. Last 4 hours? About 4 CTDs.

Seems accurate to me - the savegame has to keep track of dead dragon skeletons, dead bodies, moved objects, all sorts of random shit. :\

Question on the thieves guild.

In Oblivion the thieves guild had... not quite honor, but something. They weren't evil. They were fighting against corruption and uneven justice.

I found myself in Riften and it's a city filled with corruption. First thing I hear (not a spoiler, cause literally everyone talks about it) is how this one opulent and truly corrupt citizen has the thieves guild wrapped around her finger while she brutalizes the city.

I don't need details, but I would like to know if Skyrim's thieves guild is as corrupt and evil as it appears on the surface.

Yea, Thieves guild in Skyrim is bit disappointing compared to Oblivion. I am what appears to be on the final quest in the series and we continue to be under the complete influence of the Black-Briars.

Plasmid

Ulfric said i could have a free house in windhelm, all i have to do is talk to his seward.

But his seward keeps wanting me to pay :(?

Any help?

ezekial45

Banned
Game keeps crashing on me when I fast travel (360 version). :(

It's pretty smooth up until this point, but this is sure killing my enjoyment.

kuroshiki

I just finished Dark Brotherhood quest in Skyrim.

I have to say, Dark Brotherhood quest was MASSIVE DISAPPOINTMENT.

DB quest in Oblivion was way more satisfying than this piece of sh. WTF is this, Bethesda?

Top Bottom