• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I use Mjoll for now, she can be pretty chatty...and for some reason likes to talk while I'm talking to others.

Pollux

As far as I can tell, it's just a regular horse. There's a quest from a guy in the pub in Riften.

You expected me to put up with that clown? ;)

OK

and

Considering he's the only person in the game whose as much of a murdering sociopath as my Nordic badass...yea.

HTuran

Nice work killing the only companion in the game with a personality.

I can just imagine it. I'm stealthing through a dungeon and he's dancing and singing along in the background. I line up my bow and he does a little jig in front of me.

Goddamit.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
As if I haven't run across enough dragons already, they're now popping up two at a time for me. What the hell.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I haven't encountered a dragon since the opening act of the game. I assume I haven't progressed far enough into the main quest line for them to pop up from time to time.

are Thieves' Guild subquests infinite?

because I smuggled, pickpocketed, robbed, fabricated false records, lockpicked like half of Skyrim already and Vex keeps coming up with more shit to do

not that i complain, I have made 30k out of them

are Thieves' Guild subquests infinite?

because I smuggled, pickpocketed, robbed, fabricated false records, lockpicked like half of Skyrim already and Vex keeps coming up with more shit to do

not that i complain, I have made 30k out of them

If you do enough of them you'll get "special quests" unless you already did all those then yeah they're infinite and you can just do them over and over.

iNvid02

Do 5 thieve missions in a city and you get a special quest. Do all these and you get the final becoming guild master quest.

Epix

Anyone else just putting pretty much everything in the "Favorites" menu? Wish we could create hotswapable loadouts rather than transferring everything from the regular menu into the Favorites menu. Someone should create a mod for this.

pringles

Anyone else just putting pretty much everything in the "Favorites" menu? Wish we could create hotswapable loadouts rather than transferring everything from the regular menu into the Favorites menu. Someone should create a mod for this.

Yep. Especially my potions/poisons. Need quick access to them. Had to go through my favorites list and remove some stuff though because it was getting unmanageable.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
There has to be a faster way to raise Smithing. I go out, poach deer, wolves, bears, and sabre cats for leather then make dozens of leather armors. There has to be a faster way to raise Smithing.

Same with speech.

~Kinggi~

Banned
There has to be a faster way to raise Smithing. I go out, poach deer, wolves, bears, and sabre cats for leather then make dozens of leather armors. There has to be a faster way to raise Smithing.

Same with speech.
Master Trainer at Skyforge i guess could train you up.

King Boo

damnit. i was skimming the topic and i saw cierco's name. i remembered helping him, and i didn't think he was a companion. so i thought i messed up the quest, and googled how to get him and now i found out he is
part of the dark brotherhood
. damn...it would have been a nice surprise to see him if i just didn't know.

and i just made it worse. i was..skimming cierco's wiki again and found out you can
summon lucein!
. i'm just gonna stop visiting this topic.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Do the dragon fights EVER get good?

Goddamn, as an archer I have to literally go out of my way to even take any damage from one during an encounter. Way too easy to keep my distance and plug them down. Biggest fumble so far, particularly awkward given how the entire narrative structure and game 'world' is built around fearing these things.

Maybe they should have made most of the body immune to arrows with only a few weak points? At the very least it would force me to time my shots and keep positioning in mind. As of now, these fights look great, but are absolutely terribly balanced in favor of my cruddy Iron arrows. :/

TriAceJP

2qdohtd.jpg

Don't they quality control this stuff?!

I want my $60 back!

Spokeys

Same with speech.

If you want to abuse a glitch for max speech there's a glitch with some guy named Ungrien in Riften. I did it till I was 50 in speech...I would of done more but I don't want to raise my level through non-combat skills too much.

Darkman M

Do the dragon fights EVER get good?

Goddamn, as an archer I have to literally go out of my way to even take any damage from one during an encounter. Way too easy to keep my distance and plug them down. Biggest fumble so far, particularly awkward given how the entire narrative structure and game 'world' is built around fearing these things.

Maybe they should have made most of the body immune to arrows with only a few weak points? At the very least it would force me to time my shots and keep positioning in mind. As of now, these fights look great, but are absolutely terribly balanced in favor of my cruddy Iron arrows. :/

Regular dragons are cake, but i have run into some dragons that have owned me.

Dragon encounters are the best when a random mix of NPCs and beasts join in. Yesterday I had a dragon, me, my conjured Storm Atronach, thee imperial soldiers and a mudcrab all in on the action. Hilarious chaos.

Brandon F

Ok good to hear, the three randoms I have taken down have had me really questioning how eventful/meaningful their existence is to the world and mythology.

Brandon F

Dragon encounters are the best when a random mix of NPCs and beasts join in. Yesterday I had a dragon, me, my conjured Storm Atronach, thee imperial soldiers and a mudcrab all in on the action. Hilarious chaos.

Yea the encounters look great for sure. Have had a few mammoths, four wandering Khajit, a giant, and me all taking one down yesterday. Looked awesome seeing that little army trying to dogpile on the dragon when it landed.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

This ancient dragon decided to jump while I was crossing this bridge to a sawmill. I'm checking my inventory, looking to see if I have enough spare room left to hold these scales and if I have any condoms for getting in his ass. I threw some slow poison on my axe and got ready to for this chump to drop when he knocks my oakflesh off with a SCUDfrost missile and I bailed the fuck out.

Got chased what seemed at least mile when I saw some giants and mammoths chilling. I'm like HALP and then we start mopping up the old bitch. The whole time, he's never used the breath again for whatever reason. Then he lets off one last ray of death and kills both giants and a mammoth. I killed him after eating some random cabbage off some dudes farm then coming back to take that last pixel of health from him. FUS

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
2qdohtd.jpg

Don't they quality control this stuff?!

I want my $60 back!

Subtitles are not on by default, though. I saw another one in a quest description too, but I forgot what it was already.

Brandon F

I'd also like to express appreciation for real treasure maps in this game. No waypoints there!

Yea love those...my favorite part of Red Dead Redemption too. Only problem is that those treasure chests are level scaled. :( I actually went to a wiki after finding my first just to make sure it was actually the correct chest, the loot inside was really lame at level 8. Watched a level 45 player on youtube after discover the same chest, and his rewards were much nicer than mine(though probably just as lame for his current loadout).

Still, loved the map consulting to try and figure out where the paper was hinting me towards.

Top Bottom