• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

Boogdud

Man the house in Whiterun sucks, it's so tiny. I've got a huge pile of Dragon Bones and Scales in the Alchemy room, my table is full of spare weapons, my bed is full of spare armor, now I've got nowhere to put all the loot I've been finding.

Gonna need to make Solitude my hometown very soon, hope the house is worth that 25K...

EDIT: I've still got 4 of the main cities that I haven't even visited, maybe I should check those out first...

If you go to the far end of the first floor and go in the door to the left there is a chest on top of a closet. As far as I can tell there is no limit to how much you can put in there. Or it's very large if there is a limit.

Edit: the chest is in the first floor bedroom. Right when you open the door.

Man the house in Whiterun sucks, it's so tiny. I've got a huge pile of Dragon Bones and Scales in the Alchemy room, my table is full of spare weapons, my bed is full of spare armor, now I've got nowhere to put all the loot I've been finding.

Gonna need to make Solitude my hometown very soon, hope the house is worth that 25K...

EDIT: I've still got 4 of the main cities that I haven't even visited, maybe I should check those out first...

haha.

Kwixotik

My girlfriend who has never played a WRPG other than Mass Effect 2 just made a character. She spent like an hour in the character creator and is now running around in heavy armor and a great sword while putting her perks into speech and archery. And she loots every item from every corpse and plays 100% in third person. It's fun to watch.

HildyB

My girlfriend who has never played a WRPG other than Mass Effect 2 just made a character. She spent like an hour in the character creator and is now running around in heavy armor and a great sword while putting her perks into speech and archery. And she loots every item from every corpse and plays 100% in third person. It's fun to watch.

My wife does the SAME thing. It's very hard keeping my mouth shut.. but whatever, she's having fun :)

Will completing the main story quests shut me out from anything? Example, I still haven't joined the Stormcloaks or Imperials, will that be impossible if I keep progressing the story?

Ezduo

Banned
I'm getting pretty tired of my swords and crap. Hate getting raped by mages so I'm thinking about maybe switching over to a more mage route. I'm level 20 and have only updated my magic once to 110, my stamina is at 200 and my health is at 190. Would this be too much of a problem? I'm thinking about getting some summons with conjuring and then maybe using the bound sword and bow or whatever. I've already put some points in light armor, is heavy armor better for mages?

Then again I could try sneaking but it hasn't worked out very well everytime I've tried it. I can hit people with arrows but I can't get close enough to do melee without being caught.

Any advice? At what point am I too far gone that I'd need to just restart the entire game? I've only put points in one handed and smithing.

Echoplx

I'm getting pretty tired of my swords and crap. Hate getting raped by mages so I'm thinking about maybe switching over to a more mage route. I'm level 20 and have only updated my magic once to 110, my stamina is at 200 and my health is at 190. Would this be too much of a problem? I'm thinking about getting some summons with conjuring and then maybe using the bound sword and bow or whatever. I've already put some points in light armor, is heavy armor better for mages?

Then again I could try sneaking but it hasn't worked out very well everytime I've tried it. I can hit people with arrows but I can't get close enough to do melee without being caught.

Any advice? At what point am I too far gone that I'd need to just restart the entire game? I've only put points in one handed and smithing.

If you go with enchanting you can put some magic resistance on your armor, I had this problem as well but now I have 50% resistance to magic and 50% resistance to fire/frost

Wallach

I think you might be better off just trying to increase your resistance to magic. Enchanting or Alchemy (magic resistance enchants and potions), the Lord stone (25% magic resistance), or specifically working only on Alteration for the magic defense perks (up to 30% magic resistance and 30% magic absorb).

I know, but did they recycle the music or just use the same composer?
Some of it is recycled. Heck, even the main theme is just a Viking riff on the same one from Morrowind and Oblivion. A lot of the music is original for Skyrim though, and a lot of it is epic as shit.

Just started a new character. He's an Argonian Thief/Assassin/Archer/Badass. I'm having a far better time with this character than I have with my Battlemage, although he's a pretty fun character too. First thing I set my sights towards was the Thieves Guild, and so far it's really great. I'm having fun just doing all the side-jobs.

NBtoaster

Some of it is recycled. Heck, even the main theme is just a Viking riff on the same one from Morrowind and Oblivion. A lot of the music is original for Skyrim though, and a lot of it is epic as shit.

There are remixes, I don't think anything is directly from a previous game.

Pollux

Couldn't have said it better myself, brother.

I was in Riftin earlier today and this woman wouldn't get out of my way. So being the murdering psychopath I am, I killed her. Everyone runs around screaming and a guard runs up to me, and I'm thinking, "Crap, now I need to fight my way out of here. Just what I wanted to spend the next 10 minutes doing..."

So the guard comes up to me and says, "I know who you are." And I'm thinking, "Yea, I'm the guy who just chopped that woman's head off."

Then she says, "Hail Sithis, Brother." And she walks away and my bounty disappears.

THIS FUCKING GAME.

Darkman M

I was in Riftin earlier today and this woman wouldn't get out of my way. So being the murdering psychopath I am, I killed her. Everyone runs around screaming and a guard runs up to me, and I'm thinking, "Crap, now I need to fight my way out of here. Just what I wanted to spend the next 10 minutes doing..."

So the guard comes up to me and says, "I know who you are." And I'm thinking, "Yea, I'm the guy who just chopped that woman's head off."

Then she says, "Hail Sithis, Brother." And she walks away and my bounty disappears.

THIS FUCKING GAME.

Ha, that's awesome, little things like that is what seperates this game from alot of others.

Demon Ice

Banned

Chests are a thing lol.

Found my first quest that's really bugged.
When you go to retrieve the horn of whoever, as requested by the Greybeard monk guy as your final trial
the game crashes to desktop if I try to loot any of the draugrs I kill. Lame.

Finally just fixed the Esbern
"Cornered Rat"
quest bug myself (where he doesn't talk or open the door)!!! PC ver.

Also, anyone else notice hardly NPC's ride horses around compared to Oblivion? Or are there areas where they do?

woober

Anyone getting a bug using the Staff of Jyrik Gauldurson? After I've used it for a while, the staff starts hitting in one location and I can't change my target.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Finally just fixed the Esbern
"Cornered Rat"
quest bug myself (where he doesn't talk or open the door)!!! PC ver.

That stupid, bug almost ruined multiple games of a few folks I know.

Apparently if you beat up Esbern you can glitch him to continue for a while but there's an event later on involving him and you can't touch him to glitch him through it, so you get stuck.

Thankfully the community found multiple fixes.

HTuran

Update time!

Flew on a horse.

rLFlYl.jpg

One-shot a Dragon Priest.

a7zRCl.jpg

Found another named horse.

WLZEOl.jpg

Made some poor choices.

MxcNzl.jpg

Enchanted 4 pieces of apparel to give 100% boost to Smithing (25% each). Drank a Blacksmith's Elixir. Made full Dragonscale, a Daedric Bow and a Daedric Dagger. Armour is ~500, dagger can do nearly 3,000 damage, and that's with no enchantments. Been meaning to try this for a while!

Questions!

1) Is there any benefit to using Frost (the horse). I know Shadowmere is near invincible, is Frost faster or something?

So all that effort I put into getting 850 armor rating was a waste? :/

I guess. I learned about the armor cap early on so I only crafted up to daederic stuff. But then I felt out of place looking like a demon while running around doing stormcloak missions. So with some potions and some enchantments I crafted a steelplate set that is just over the cap.

Fuck I hate Lydia. Are any of the other companions less poopy?

Plenty, on my Nord sword/shield dude I use the mage found in the Riften bar. He's an arcane mage and likes to shoot chain lightning.

On my Mage I use an Orc babe I found at one of the orc storngholds way to the far west.

There are companions everywhere! just ask around.

Plenty, on my Nord sword/shield dude I use the mage found in the Riften bar. He's an arcane mage and likes to shoot chain lightning.

On my Mage I use an Orc babe I found at one of the orc storngholds way to the far west.

My best companion so far was a mage from the Winterhold College. She owned everything with Conjuration.

What are the benefits, disadvantages between light and heavy armor. I just started the game with a focus on light armor, but the heavy armor looks pretty cool. Is it pretty much a weight issue?

Noricart

Thanks. I'm tired of shouting/spellcasting/headshoting Lydia to death because she decides to charge right in front of me, or better yet, stay behind and get pegged by the enemy until she finally catches on that she has to fight.

Derrick01

Banned
I've started a new game and my sense of exploration is back since I lost all my abilities and loot. It's much more fun when you're still building your character. I only cleared like 52 dungeons in my first playthrough so I've missed quite a bit. Didn't do the mages guild or the main quest either or most of the daedric quests.

Echoplx

I've killed 3 of my companions so far because they're idiots, Cicero is the only one who has survived.

Now I just use conjuration and have two Dremora Lords take care of shit.

Top Bottom