• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

ajf009

just wandering around a mountainside and i stumble upon two bears outside a cave, kill them with lots of help from Erik, loot the Khajiit they killed, then continue into the cave..

Where 3 more fucking cave bears are waiting to tear me the fuck apart

Pollux

If you want to abuse a glitch for max speech there's a glitch with some guy named Ungrien in Riften. I did it till I was 50 in speech...I would of done more but I don't want to raise my level through non-combat skills too much.

tell me this glitch you speak of...

So, after the glitch I experienced last night I rerolled a new character. I decided to go straight thief-stealth style. After putting five hours into this character, I am the same level as the old one (which I put 16 hours into). I still haven't done anywhere close to the amount of content I did before, but this character is definitely a lot of fun.

I think the Thieves' Guild is really cool, and the missions have been fun so far as well. I definitely like it a bit more than the Thieves' Guild in Oblivion.

Raxus

I remember killing a dragon in Riverwood and he died right next to the stream going through the town. The perfect compliment to the area.

Thank goodness the skeletons disappear otherwise it would be impossible for me to travel through the College of Winterhold.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
CHEEZMO™;32844827 said:
Treasure maps?

Little pieces of paper you will find here and there in the world with a handdrawn map to a specific treasure chest hidden in the world. You have to suss out where the location is based on the drawing on the paper. They will be obvious when you find them(labeled 'Treasure Map I,II,III,IV, etc...')

Ezduo

Banned
Anyone else get headaches playing this game? Something about the graphics makes it hard to look at sometimes. I think the subtitles aren't helping, them being so bright compared to the rest of the world mess with my head. I can't play for more than a little while before my head starts hurting. Gonna try turning off the subtitles, maybe lowering the graphics since it really hurts me head when the game has some slowdown. Am I the only one though?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
just wandering around a mountainside and i stumble upon two bears outside a cave, kill them with lots of help from Erik, loot the Khajiit they killed, then continue into the cave..

Where 3 more fucking cave bears are waiting to tear me the fuck apart

I'll take bears over Dwarwen Gundams any day of the week

thebeeks

Banned
Anyone else come across the mythical purple dragon?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki8B1p6RMrA

Your dragon would look great in my purple forest.

xYs8x.jpg

Texture glitch aside, I actually kinda like the otherworldly feel of it.

Theres a bandit marauder with a battle axe is ten times more powerful than any dragon I've come across. There is nothing I have that can kill this son of a bitch. He is a god.

~Kinggi~

Banned
I like how there was a whole truckload of features with this game that Bethesda could have advertised before release but instead just released it for people to discover. Im still getting surprised by different things that are possible here.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Theres a bandit marauder with a battle axe is ten times more powerful than any dragon I've come across. There is nothing I have that can kill this son of a bitch. He is a god.

I know who you're talking about. His own bandits sectioned him off and put him in a den with sabre cats and bears. I had to jump on top of a cage and barrage him with slow arrows while jumping back and forth kill him.

Derrick01

Banned
All I want from the patch is for them to fix the frame rate in towns.

Yes please Bethesda. Not just the cities but any settlement I see a noticeable drop, around 45 fps. Everywhere else is a stable 60, well except Markarth which plummets it to 30-35.

That and please fix the random closing to desktop.

eek5

Wtf is Rockjoint? Because whatever it is is taking off 25% of my melee damage.

Rockjoint is an acute common disease affecting a victim's manual dexterity. Symptoms include painful swelling and immobility of all joints. It may be contracted from the domesticated Guar, dusky Alit, Wolves, and Cave bears.

Sounds painful man. You should get that checked out

Derrick01

Banned
I thought I was the only one. It alt tabs me every 15 minutesish and i am 10 feet away using a controller...

Yeah there's quite a few of us here with that problem, I think most just post about it in the PC performance thread though. It was a minor reason why I decided to start over, though the game scaling enemies to negate all of my progress in thief skills was the biggest reason.

Ezduo

Banned
Is any of the master level magic worth using, because the master level destruction and conjuration spells are pretty much useless.
Haven't heard many good things about destruction but I've seen more than a few people talking about blowing through the game using nothing but conjuration.

Finished both the College of Winterhold questline and the Civil Wars questline. I guess I'm on to the Companions one next. I don't see myself doing the Thieves Guild since my character ain't much for sneaking, and the Dark Bro questline sounds like a no-no since I'm roleplaying as a fairly good guy.

Or I could do the main quest, but I fear my interest with the game will diminish once I've experienced the most epic quests it has to offer.

DSN2K

just had a 5 hour session....really enjoying it so far. Im up to lvl 11, ive just been going around killing bandits and solving minor quests in villages...I will touch the main quest again in 10 hours maybe.

Haven't heard many good things about destruction but I've seen more than a few people talking about blowing through the game using nothing but conjuration.

Conjuration is great, but the master level spells are basically the same summons you had before except they are permanent. But that's not worth the huge increase in mana cost and the fact that master level spells are two handed. Besides, summon duration is a non-factor once you have the atromancy perk.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Over 35 hours in and I've just now finally retrieved the horn for the Greybeards lol

Damn this game

I started the main quest with the intent of getting pretty far through it. Suffice it to say, I'm only a little past where you are with the main quest and I'm 36-39 hours in.

I have never been this addicted to a game in a long time. It's somewhat refreshing and scary all at the same time.

Boomshakalaka

Neo Member
Anyone else get headaches playing this game? Something about the graphics makes it hard to look at sometimes. I think the subtitles aren't helping, them being so bright compared to the rest of the world mess with my head. I can't play for more than a little while before my head starts hurting. Gonna try turning off the subtitles, maybe lowering the graphics since it really hurts me head when the game has some slowdown. Am I the only one though?

I get headaches from the motion. Sheathing my weapon when I'm walking around helps, for whatever reason.

I started the main quest with the intent of getting pretty far through it. Suffice it to say, I'm only a little past where you are with the main quest and I'm 36-39 hours in.

I have never been this addicted to a game in a long time. It's somewhat refreshing and scary all at the same time.

65 hours in an i have only done the first main quest. Aka along my travels i happened across the
temple where they teach you shouts

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Im seriously about to jump on the smithing bandwagon just cause im tired of clearing out 5 dungeons only to get shitty armor that happens to be enchanted. The unique stuff is so far and between that im tired of waiting for it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Just discovered a hut belonging to a hermit named Lund who
looked as though he'd been mauled to death by his pet skeevers. How delightfully macabre

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
My new bed...

4nh6Z.jpg

...but where is wifey?

s70ee.jpg

Oh COME ON!

UR1rW.jpg

But she's cool, I guess...

I did the Speech glitch and got to 100 so I can sell my stolen goods and invest in sellers. Worth it already. I love looting and pickpocketing so being able to sell all my shit to a ton of different ppl has made a big difference for my cash flow and off loading dead weight. This game is so addicitng. Can't wait for a proper binge during Thanks Giving weekend.

Oh yeah, also renamed my enchanted Dwarven bow , Dwavid Bowie.

Cudder

Wait wait..(companions spoilers)
I just became a werewolf like 3 missions in and became a circle member..was that supposed to happen so soon? I thought it was supposed to happen at the end of the quest line?

Derrick01

Banned
Wait wait..(companions spoilers)
I just became a werewolf like 3 missions in and became a circle member..was that supposed to happen so soon? I thought it was supposed to happen at the end of the quest line?

Yes
the companion quest line is extremely short, like 7 actual quests not including the radiant ones, extremely disappointing

Is he the bandit chief in a fort somewhere near orphan rock/helgen? I had the same problem..he was using a battle axe of damage stamina and I couldn't run away from him or use any power attacks. He killed Lydia with one hit. :(

I eventually got him by reloading a previous save file, sneaking up behind him naked (armor make noise) and got a sneak bonus critical hit with my elven greatsword.

ajf009

So I just recently started trying third person and while it's not great, it's seriously improved over Oblivion, I like using it while I'm running from place to place since it's great for sightseeing. just not good for combat

JaseC

I did the Speech glitch and got to 100 so I can sell my stolen goods and invest in sellers. Worth it already. I love looting and pickpocketing so being able to sell all my shit to a ton of different ppl has made a big difference for my cash flow and off loading dead weight. This game is so addicitng. Can't wait for a proper binge during Thanks Giving weekend.

Oh yeah, also renamed my enchanted Dwarven bow , Dwavid Bowie.

This is the greatest sentence I have ever read.

FStop7

Banned
Even after more than 10 random dragon encounters the fights are still so good. I came across one outside of Markarth. We were fighting it near the edge of a cliff when it took off and started fighting with a random Imperial soldier a little further away. As I rushed over toward them the dragon grabbed the Imperial in its jaws, thrashed him around like a doll and then flung his body off of the cliff. O_O Just out of curiosity I re-loaded the save I made right before the fight started and that didn't happen again, it was totally unscripted.

balddemon

Banned
ok so i'm trying to get some good enchanting potions made. my alchemy is at 26 (lol i thought it was @ 50, this might be the problem). the strongest i can make (with +75% stronger created potions) are Fortify Enchant potions that last 30 seconds and increase the enchantments by 20%. what gives? do i need a higher level of alchemy?

mxgt

Banned
Dark Brotherhood quest line is extremely enjoyable. I actually felt kind of bad about
killing the emperor because he was so polite :(

JaseC

What's the speech glitch?

This:

If you want to abuse a glitch for max speech there's a glitch with some guy named Ungrien in Riften. I did it till I was 50 in speech...I would of done more but I don't want to raise my level through non-combat skills too much.

IIRC, you can select the persuade option infinitely with him. not sure how to get that option to show up, but i know thats the glitch with some dudes.

Forkball

Pfft, the Companions quest isn't disappointing at all. You do some interesting things and it has a good conclusion. I'm doing the Thieves' Guild quests now, just took down Goldenglow Manor. I wasn't sneaky at all but it didn't seem to have any consequences. A dragon came out right as I was about to enter the manor, but I ignored him. Sadly he left when I came out of the house.

Top Bottom