• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

Locke_211

I found Krosis fairly easy to kill from a distance with arrows - very slow, but he couldn't hurt me at all very easily. Though I was level 23 or 24 by that point!

Quick question: for some reason, whenever I try to fire an arrow from a bow, it just dies after a few feet. Am I poisoned or retarded or what?!

NBtoaster

Just reading the Wiki, I saw this about the Throw Voice shout...

I did exactly that without realizing it. Getting away from that area with the dragon tailing me across three bandit-ridden towns...

The shout's my style, too. I like it. I've only put in one word though (you get all three from the wall). How worth upgrading is it?

I ran away as soon as I got the shout. His spells were too powerful (at around level 15), and he turned my summons against me! Came back at level 30 and could take a ton of his spells, and he couldn't turn my Sanguine Rose dremora against me.

Volsung and Hevnoraak gave me far more trouble, they one shot me, they're all I found so far.

Tenck

I think I just hit that fatigue point. I am trying to clear quests and I have over 30 more to do :/

I might take a break from gaming all-together for a bit. Great game, just too much to do right now.

Also don't know if anyone can help me with this, but there's a quest where I have to copy some notes from this wizard's museum in the city that's Mark-something. I don't have anything to copy the notes with. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I don't remember getting anything special.

Jintor

Oh, for fuck's sake. Every single one of the Bard's College misc quests leaves a useless item in your inventory that weighs, like, 4 or 6 pounds and that you can't get rid of.

NBtoaster

Oh, for fuck's sake. Every single one of the Bard's College misc quests leaves a useless item in your inventory that weighs, like, 4 or 6 pounds and that you can't get rid of.

I don't think quest items actually contribute to your encumberance, despite having a weight rating.

Jintor

I don't think quest items actually contribute to your encumberance, despite having a weight rating.

Oh? Good. Then I'll just have to discover what's weighting me down. It's probably my compulsion to take every potion I come across and never drop them.

Wanace

I think I just hit that fatigue point. I am trying to clear quests and I have over 30 more to do :/

I might take a break from gaming all-together for a bit. Great game, just too much to do right now.

Also don't know if anyone can help me with this, but there's a quest where I have to copy some notes from this wizard's museum in the city that's Mark-something. I don't have anything to copy the notes with. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I don't remember getting anything special.

In another room around there you can find rolled paper and charcoal, get both of them and click on the stone.

Jintor

Oh man, I stepped outside the Bard's College and a dragon skeleton teleported next to me and started flailing around. Man, those things are buggy.

FStop7

Banned
Is anyone else collecting books? I have a chest dedicated to it. I think I'm up to around 50 or 60 different titles.

There really needs to be a mod for creating, displaying, and sorting your books...

Tenck

In another room around there you can find rolled paper and charcoal, get both of them and click on the stone.

Hmmm I did get the paper and charcoal though :/

I remember specifically getting everything since there was a shiny looking paper below all that stuff. Will try it again and see if I can finish it before I put down Skyrim for like a week.

Arjen

Is anyone else collecting books? I have a chest dedicated to it. I think I'm up to around 50 or 60 different titles.

There really needs to be a mod for creating, displaying, and sorting your books...

You can have a book cabinet in your house in whiterun

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
I'm kinda worried now. I'm playing the PS3 version of Skyrim and for the past few days the performance has been getting progressively worse. I can't even go into Whiterun because it's nearly unplayable there.

Sooo either something in the game is screwing up and causing the bad performance, or Skyrim is breaking my PS3. Tomorrow I'll try a couple other games and see if they aren't playing right either.

FStop7

Banned
You can have a book cabinet in your house in whiterun

I have it but it only holds 11 books. I put everything else in the chest on top. I want like a full size library and display cases, like at the mages college. I expect by the time I'm "done" with the game I'll have books numbering in the hundreds.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
I have it but it only holds 11 books. I put everything else in the chest on top. I want like a full size library and display cases, like at the mages college. I expect by the time I'm "done" with the game I'll have books numbering in the hundreds.

There are two bookshelves in Whiterun, one has 2 shelves and holds 18 books on each shelf, the other (the one you found) has 2 shelves can hold 11 books on each shelf.

Still, 58 isn't enough.

Zeliard

I'm on the PS3, so I don't think I can edit any settings. But this suddenly started happening today - the arrows literally fall down after a foot. It's gotta be a poison or something?

I'm not doing any archery this playthrough but that sounds strange.

Go into Magic ---> Active Effects and see if you have any debuffs there.

Carcetti

Is that the best library house? I'm collecting a metric crapton of books on my mage character and I'm still looking for a good dwelling.

Wanace

Is that the best library house? I'm collecting a metric crapton of books on my mage character and I'm still looking for a good dwelling.

Markarth has the best library house IMO. All the bookcases are together and they are large ones, not the small ones. There are 3 there I think, with 3 shelves that can hold 18(?) books each I think. So each bookcase can hold 54 books.

R1CHO

Somebody else loves the startup of the game on pc?

No Nvidia/AMD/speedtree/scaleform etc etc etc bullshit.

Just Bethesda game studios, the dragon logo, and then the main menu.

Dunlop

Brave Companion question:

Now that I am the leader, can I store my crap in my room? Also can you buy containers or do you have to buy a house to have them?

Twinduct

Oh god, yes, i have the same problem. Here's what i do every time i have to ditch/ sell stuff.

1. Decide what i want to keep (basicly unique stuff)
2. Store weapons in weapons chest
3. Store armor in armor chest.
4. Store jewelry in jewelry chest. (flawless, rest is to sell)
5. Store ignots etc. in chest.
6. Go on potion making spree
7. Store potions in potion cabinet.
8. Go to stores to sell the rest.

This could be avoided if they allowed chests/ containers to also break up stuff into categories.
Ofcourse I guess this makes it feel more RP though. But fuck me. I have to move all my shit from the whiterun house to the house in windhelm. It's like 'wonder what lead me to think that the closet in the kitchen is the best place for iron ingots'.

Somebody else loves the startup of the game on pc?

No Nvidia/AMD/speedtree/scaleform etc etc etc bullshit.

Just Bethesda game studios, the dragon logo, and then the main menu.

Damn well surprised TBH. I was expecting atleast two Zenimax logos and some Havoc.

Arjen

This could be avoided if they allowed chests/ containers to also break up stuff into categories.

That would be a godsend.

Twinduct said:
But fuck me. I have to move all my shit from the whiterun house to the house in windhelm.

I don't want to think about moving yest, that's going to be so much work..
And who said games aren't realistic lol.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Finally got around to getting the Sheogorath quest.

Kind of amusing that your character from Oblivion is still around, but now totally insane.

Nose Master

You know, I'd be satisfied with the chests in your house being alphabetized, at this point.

PS Horker sounds like slang for something.

Carcetti

Markarth has the best library house IMO. All the bookcases are together and they are large ones, not the small ones. There are 3 there I think, with 3 shelves that can hold 18(?) books each I think. So each bookcase can hold 54 books.

Thanks, great tip! Just now realized the character hasn't even been to Markarth ever... this game is just tooooo huge.

Dreaver

I have a few questions.

1. I only have the pushback shout at the moment, I was wondering, is it essential/useful to continue the mainquest for more shouts? Or can I get other cool ones via other questlines as well? Because I'd rather wait with the mainquest. I am currently at the part where I have to visitthe Greybeards for the next part of the mainquest.
So I killed the first dragon.

2. How does enchanting work? I have to chose a gem, weapon and enchant. However, I can't chose anything at 'enchant'? Do I have to learn them? How does this work?

3. Do you guys just make the same potions over and over again to level alchemy or just try different combination (and fail a lot) every time?

cackhyena

So am I missing something, or are there not dragon bone weapons? All I have is armor and thought I'd be able to make a dagger or something as well. Been quite a while, upgrading smithing and still nothing.

Mik2121

Man, I was walking around somewhere north of Whiterun and saw this guy on magician clothes with a staff, trying to get some magic going. I talked to him, and he had this really sad story about how he was trying to become a magician using his grandfather's staff. I let him alone and decided to go back, sneaking, and steal his money. I then decided to steal his staff even though he was holding it... and he noticed me. Out of surprise, I accidentally put my long sword right across his spine and killed him.

It made me feel horribly bad afterwards. He seemed like a nice guy :(

Numpt3

The fully upgraded unrelenting force shout is crazy, I hope that bloody frost troll enjoyed the view as he went down the mountain, haha.

Mik2121

I have a few questions.

1. I only have the pushback shout at the moment, I was wondering, is it essential/useful to continue the mainquest for more shouts? Or can I get other cool ones via other questlines as well? Because I'd rather wait with the mainquest. I am currently at the part where I have to visitthe Greybeards for the next part of the mainquest.
So I killed the first dragon.

2. How does enchanting work? I have to chose a gem, weapon and enchant. H

owever, I can't chose anything at 'enchant'? Do I have to learn them? How does this work?
3. Do you guys just make the same potions over and over again to level alchemy or just try different combination (and fail a lot) every time?

One thing you can do for the third question, is eat the ingredients raw. You will discover some of their characteristics, and then you can just mix together ingredients with the same ones to create potions that have those same characteristics.

Lakitu

st5fu
I'm not going to move my stuff from house to house. I'll just deposit stuff in the house I'm nearest to.

Are these negatives of being a werewolf? Like being a Vampire? I don't want to be one yet if there's a downside.

None yet. It's optional, you can select Beast Form and you'll turn into one. It's only temporary but it'll last longer if you feed. You're also resistant to any disease.

Samoora

Are these negatives of being a werewolf? Like being a Vampire? I don't want to be one yet if there's a downside.

you cant get the well rested buff in which gaining skills is increased by 10% if you snooze. also dont transform in front of ppl cos they will fine your ass

Dreaver

One thing you can do for the third question, is eat the ingredients raw. You will discover some of their characteristics, and then you can just mix together ingredients with the same ones to create potions that have those same characteristics.

Great, thank you.

Top Bottom