• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

So I want to get married. I have bought the amulet from the guy in Riften, and I think I'll just settle for Lydia as my wife.

I wear the amulet and talk to her but there's no new conversation option. What do I do to trigger the marriage conversation?

Also I just completed (fully) the thieves guild quest line. I got given a key to some special guild chest - where is it (I assume somewhere in the guild)?

So I want to get married. I have bought the amulet from the guy in Riften, and I think I'll just settle for Lydia as my wife.

I wear the amulet and talk to her but there's no new conversation option. What do I do to trigger the marriage conversation?

Did you talk to Maramal about marriage? Even with the amulet you can't marry anyone until you go through that conversation with him,

I've also hear that Lydia may be bugged when it comes to marriage. If you are on the PC you can use a console command to fix it.

putarorex

I was taking a fort for the imperials and found a closet that was obviously supposed to be a john--it had buckets and seats. They also had books on shelves on the walls along with a potion of true shot. It got me smiling.

Yo Gotti

Banned
Just met Ulfric Stormcloak for the first time.

For an alleged war-happy racist, I like his character quite a bit. When you first meet him he has a really long conversation with one of his men and sat through it all, I like what he had to say about the war and his reasons for fighting it. I think all of the racism you hear in the game, etc is meant to represent the extremism brought about by years of oppression, Stormcloak himself doesn't seem to give a fuck about who does what as long as Skyrim prospers. I'd say so far he's the most interesting character in Skyrim that I've met yet.

Plus, he hints that he trained with
the grey beards
, so he's a badass in my book.

I've ignored this part of the game for a long time, but now I'm gonna take a trip to wherever it is that the Imperials are headquartered and hear their side of the story, then pick a side.

Duki

Banned

For an alleged war-happy racist, I like his character quite a bit. When you first meet him he has a really long conversation with one of his men and sat through it all, I like what he had to say about the war and his reasons for fighting it. I think all of the racism you hear in the game, etc is meant to represent the extremism brought about by years of oppression, Stormcloak himself doesn't seem to give a fuck about who does what as long as Skyrim prospers. I'd say so far he's the most interesting character in Skyrim that I've met yet.

the grey beards

I've ignored this part of the game for a long time, but now I'm gonna take a trip to wherever it is that the Imperials are headquartered and hear their side of the story, then pick a side.

well i mean that spoiler isnt really hinted, its the only way for him to know the thing that he used in solitude

Nose Master

you cant get the well rested buff in which gaining skills is increased by 10% if you snooze. also dont transform in front of ppl cos they will fine your ass

"Werewolfing?! You know the rules. 500 Gold, buddy."

Fuck Markath. Ran into that glitch where they won't take me to prison, and also won't stop attacking me.

It kinda sucks exploring and finding quests that were meant to be done way earlier in the game. I ran into the guy injured outside of the spriggen/bear camp:
Was not impressed with that dagger. So much so, I stabbed him with it, then threw it on his corpse.

Wanace

The "Marked for Death" shout really is a godsend for those difficult fights. I only have the second level of it but I used it in a huge fight with some Draugr Scourges and a Death Overlord and it hit them all. I proceeded to dismantle them with my enchanted Ebony Sword more easily than I would've by spamming my Expert level fireball without using the shout.

Zeliard

Enchanting peeps, what are you guys generally filling grand soul gems up with - Mammoths? I've got the Black Star so I can fill that up with humanoid souls, but it seems uncommon to find a non-humanoid at a level high enough to fill a grand soul gem.

I guess Mammoth-hunting for that purpose would be quite fun, though. :p

The "Marked for Death" shout really is a godsend for those difficult fights. I only have the second level of it but I used it in a huge fight with some Draugr Scourges and a Death Overlord and it hit them all. I proceeded to dismantle them with my enchanted Ebony Sword more easily than I would've by spamming my Expert level fireball without using the shout.

Yeah that shout is great. Quick cooldown too.

Wanace

the grey beards

I sided with the Imperials and CIVIL WAR END SPOILER:

Ulfric died like a little bitch. He didn't even use any dragon shouts. I was expecting an epic struggle between a Greybeard-trained King-killer and the Dragonborn, and I got a cheap dungeon-level fight. Oh well.

http://www.bethblog.com/index.php/2011/11/03/pre-order-the-four-disc-skyrim-soundtrack/

Once 11.11.11 hits, Skyrim will be on the minds of many for weeks and months on end. To help with those awkward moments when you’re away from the game (work, driving, going to the gym), we’ve got just what you need: The Elder Scrolls® V: Skyrim™ - The Original Game Soundtrack 4-disc set!

Available through DirectSong, the four-disc set is a fantastic collector’s item for fans of The Elder Scrolls. The compilation will begin shipping the week after the game’s release. As a bonus to anyone that orders by December 23rd, copies of the soundtrack will be personally autographed by the game’s composer, Jeremy Soule!

The four-disc CD compilation can be pre-ordered now for $29.99.

Details on the music being made available on iTunes will be announced at a later date.

$29 for a personally autographed copy of one of gaming's most beautiful soundtracks? Awesome. Soule has done some of his best work on Skyrim, so any fans should snag this up.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
I'm on the PS3, so I don't think I can edit any settings. But this suddenly started happening today - the arrows literally fall down after a foot. It's gotta be a poison or something?

What types of arrows are you using? Are they Falmer arrows? I've noticed the Falmer (and Forsworn too, I think) arrows are trash. They don't shoot far at all. Try again with iron arrows.

Tetsuo9

I know its really difficult in an open world game with level scaling and all of that, but the loot system sometimes is so bad.

I just lockpicked 2 chests. An aprentice one gave me 52 gold and a magic circlet, then I spent like 5 minutes and broke 20 lockpics to open a master one, that gave me 3 gold.

Rimfya

Banned
I'm only level 29, but I'm taking down Dragons with out being touched.

Firebolt, my companion, and both our flame atronachs can take out one in about 10 seconds.

Divius

I have also been slaying dragons without much trouble, yet yesterday I ran into an ancient dragon that kicked my ass three times in a row. It was in an open field and I had nowhere to hide. 4th time's the charm though, arrowed his ass to death.

I just lockpicked 2 chests. An aprentice one gave me 52 gold and a magic circlet, then I spent like 5 minutes and broke 20 lockpics to open a master one, that gave me 3 gold.
This happens so rarely though that I don't find it worth complaining over. Usually a Master locked has more valuable items/more gold.

Nose Master

Is there any way to make a stolen horse yours? I murdered a hunter in the middle of nowhere for his, and it was still "hot" when I got off it later D:

Should I just finish the main quest first? I haven't been playing much (no time) and I haven't even joined a guild yet, despite having the game for almost 2 weeks.

Can anyone tell me what are the quests that may break other quests?

I suppose the end quests of the imperial-stormcloacks factions will break the quests
of the cities that you conquer

Also, i think that there is a quest of Dark Brotherhood
where you have to kill a butcher that is part of a quest

Anyone can confirm this?

jorma

is now taking requests
So I just found out tthat I'm boned out of the Oblivion Walker achievement (obtain 15 daedric artifacts) because I didn't get the
Skull of Corruption
because I didn't
kill Erandur but chose to let him live
. At first when I looked at the elder scrolls wiki I saw there were 16 daedric artifacts in the game, so I figured as long as I get all the others it would be good, but apparently one of them (
Skeleton Key
) doesn't count :( Oh well, after I've finished the game I will have to go back and reload an earlier save, still sucks tho.

This pissed me off to no end. I had to do it, the trophy whore in me made me. Would have much prefered the other outcome. :X
I'm glad i happened to read this just a few hours before getting to that point myself, it would have annoyed me even more if i had found out about it too late. So thank you for that =)

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Should I just finish the main quest first? I haven't been playing much (no time) and I haven't even joined a guild yet, despite having the game for almost 2 weeks.
finishing the main quest first makes some side missions hilarious as beating the main quest gives you two interesting summon ally shouts.

Dommel

Going from the Dark Brotherhood to the Thieves Guild was a culture shock.

Wait...so I can't kill anyone? No one?

And yet I slaughtered everybody on the Goldenglow estate for a Thieves Guild mission in which they specifically mentioned don't kill anybody but it didn't seem to be a problem.

I didn't plan to kill them but during my sneaking around a dragon decided to pay me a visit and all hell broke lose.

Is it me or are the shouts kinda dissapointing? I didn't go to the Greybeards until level 20-ish but all the shouts so far haven't been really useful.

finishing the main quest first makes some side missions hilarious as beating the main quest gives you two interesting summon ally shouts.

Hmm.. so long as it doesn't fuck anything up, I think I'll just do what I did with Oblivion then and get right up to the end of the main quest then finish it 3 years later :p

theDeeDubs

Lost all my quest related items (unusual stones, etc) at the end of No One Escapes Cidhna Mine quest in Markarth. For some reason I was anticipating it and checked first thing. Not sure if it's been noted in here yet.

Jintor

And yet I slaughtered everybody on the Goldenglow estate for a Thieves Guild mission in which they specifically mentioned don't kill anybody but it didn't seem to be a problem.

I didn't plan to kill them but during my sneaking around a dragon decided to pay me a visit and all hell broke lose.

Is it me or are the shouts kinda dissapointing? I didn't go to the Greybeards until level 20-ish but all the shouts so far haven't been really useful.

They're not brilliant, they're just spells with a different mana meter. They do make mostly unique effects occur though - like, Frost Blast is like minor ice damage combined with paralysis and I managed to get an entire pack of wolves to plummet off a cliff with some clever use and some forward momentum.

Syntsui

I've just found 2 dragons talking, I mean WTF??? They were talking about Alduin and at first they didn't attack me, one of them ran off and the other one was pursuing an Ice Wrath. AMAZING!!

Midou

I finished all but the mage quest line for the major ones. DB was cool, but seemed less cool compared to Oblivion, didn't get any cool gear at or near the end like in thief guild one, nightingale was so batman. The only quest line that I found really lame was the imperial legion one. Main quest had some epic areas though, it also generally felt like it had an epic, even if easy last fight. Mostly for the situation, area and the NPCs involved.

Been playing about 70 hours, gonna slow down, probably take a break after mage questline cause zelda and a couple other games.

Generally feel a lot less bad-ass as leader of these guilds though, the radiant quests pay poorly and get really repetitive too. Still my favorite ES game though, since I had a hard time getting over morrowind's stat based mechanics. It may be time to try again one day.

Log4Girlz

Quick question: for some reason, whenever I try to fire an arrow from a bow, it just dies after a few feet. Am I poisoned or retarded or what?!

Same here...so I tried firing an arrow without fully drawing the bow string, it shot out far, but not as far as a bow should...only after I did that did pulling the bowstring all the way back work.

Man, I was walking around somewhere north of Whiterun and saw this guy on magician clothes with a staff, trying to get some magic going. I talked to him, and he had this really sad story about how he was trying to become a magician using his grandfather's staff. I let him alone and decided to go back, sneaking, and steal his money. I then decided to steal his staff even though he was holding it... and he noticed me. Out of surprise, I accidentally put my long sword right across his spine and killed him.

It made me feel horribly bad afterwards. He seemed like a nice guy :(

I killed him too, but only after the persuasion attempt to haggle his gramps staff failed. It turned out to be a worthless 50g staff. I feel worse than you did.

I have a question regarding the master spell quests for the College of Winterhold.

I hit lvl 90 in conjuration and completed the master spell quest for that no problem. Flame Thrall spell was my reward. Shortly there after I reached lvl90 in destruction. Feralda in the college will NOT give me the master destruction spell quest...wtf?!? Are you only allowed to master one school of magic or is it bugged?

Echoplx

I have a question regarding the master spell quests for the College of Winterhold.

I hit lvl 90 in conjuration and completed the master spell quest for that no problem. Flame Thrall spell was my reward. Shortly there after I reached lvl90 in destruction. Feralda in the college will NOT give me the master destruction spell quest...wtf?!? Are you only allowed to master one school of magic or is it bugged?

For destruction you have to hit 100 for master spells

Midou

Woah woah, do you actually need high level magic to do the mage college quests, or is that some extra stuff?

I'm a 2H battleaxe user, but I've kept some "major" magicka regen/increase items in case I needed some magic here and there. In Oblivion only like one part actually needed some kind of magic.

I'm starting to feel pretty powerful these days, just started stumbling upon Ebony weapons and armour. I usually have a hard time killing Sabre Cats and ran into one today, it lunged for me and I one-shotted it. Fuck yeah. Also took down a Blood Dragon with relative ease (playing as archer-thief).

ElyrionX

Why does it take so long to level Destruction in this game? I am 35 hours into the game and have been going pure Destruction since the start and it's only at Level 66 now, which includes four to six levels gained via training. It's ridiculous because Alteration and Illusion can be leveled so much quicker.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
After 75 hours I finally decided to deliver the horn to the greybeards and also play a guild quest (holy fucking shit, 75 hours of nothing but misc sidequest)

I tried the mission to join the companions. Had to turn down the difficulty because fighting 30 dragur deathlords 8 at a time is a bit much. I mean, my blocking and armor kick ass, but yeah... level scaling is definitely a bit off sometimes.

Visceir

My save game folder is nearly 3 GB large.

It's also kinda funny how the game with the most content and huge world is one of the smallest in actual size...compared to all the other AAA titles anyway.

Double D

So all the stuff you can loot from a dragon is pretty heavy. I've done a few sidequests, but for the most part I've stayed on the main path. Anyways, I've done the main quest up to the part where I've seen the
Greybeards
, then I decided I needed money to buy a house (currently have around $3600).

So I started checking out some of my side quests and realized I needed to do some other crap. I took a carriage to Winterhold. WHat do you know, another
dragon and more crap to carry
. Not only that, but I poked around up in the college and ended up spending more money and didn't even get any sidequests while I was in there.

tl;dr - I've got a shitload of dragon guts that I need to do something with because I can't loot anything to make money, which I need to buy a house. Do I sell it? Can I make something with it? ALso can I pick up some meaningful sidequests in the College of Winterhold?

Mojojo

Can anyone tell me what are the quests that may break other quests?

I suppose the end quests of the imperial-stormcloacks factions will break the quests
of the cities that you conquer

Also, i think that there is a quest of Dark Brotherhood
where you have to kill a butcher that is part of a quest

Anyone can confirm this?

I think finishing the Stormcloack's quests prevented me from getting the Blood on the Ice quest in Windhelm (the first murder of
Suzanna the Wicked
in the cemetery never happens -and i hadn't done any Dark Brotherhood quest either).
And it breaks at least one quest in Solitude where I need to speak to captain Aldis, who is nowhere to be found after the conquest.

Top Bottom