• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

dominuece

They have to patch that Markarth guard shit. I can't seem to pay a fine or go to jail. While it's fun, I cannot continue to kill every guard in town.

Mindlog

Yeah the scale has screwed me on my visor. I still use the 100% regen facemask even though it has less than 8 defense. I am almost ready to start power leveling enchant/smithing. I would probably be better off with -XX% destruction casting by now. I don't use a weapon so I might follow the light armor path to Dragon Armor.

In related news: I am up to three dead dragons littering my college courtyard. The mages are still amazed every time I kill one. I was hoping to get the entire courtyard filled to the brim, but I just upgraded my shock demolition spells to disintegrate.

I really can't wait for the patch to fix the disappearing face routine.

Ezduo

Banned
Just made it to the Labyrinthian and uh,
am I not supposed to be able to talk to the ghost of the arch-mage? He's just standing outside the entrance and I can't interact with him.

Roche

Just made it to the Labyrinthian and uh,
am I not supposed to be able to talk to the ghost of the arch-mage? He's just standing outside the entrance and I can't interact with him.

Nope, he should be doing a little scene with
some other Ghosts
you have no interaction.

jorma

is now taking requests
Man i cant believe i put down 40 hours into this game and only now found out about guardian stones after browsing gaf :X Gonna have to go find that lady stone now i guess.

How do I get the Detect Life tome? Do I need to level Illusion or Alteration for it to appear at a vendor? Or is it just because the only vendor I go to is the guy at Dragonsreach?

Ezduo

Banned
Nope, he should be doing a little scene with
some other Ghosts
you have no interaction.
Hmm, well a frost troll killed me while I was wandering around so I guess I can come back and try going in through the entrance as opposed to jumping down off a mountain from behind and see if that does anything. Haven't run into any real glitches yet though, hope to hell this isn't one.

Wallach

I'm tempted to just start a new character. I feel like I could play any given character for like 200 hours. Think I might go ahead and start a second one rather than do that just yet.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
There is nothing more satisfying than leading a bow shot and watching an unsuspecting enemy wander into the arrow's death knell trajectory.

I swear I've got a glitch that won't let me comlete the puzzle on one of the mage's guild quests
with the crystals on top of that giant orb that shine the three lights onto the roof. There are only two possible positions for those lights that I can see, and yet there is no way in hell to line the lights up to the cyrstals that spin around on the celing. It's just impossible
. This is infuriating. Anyone know how to do this dang puzzle?

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
does the dark brotherhood forever quest ever end? or is it just constantly the same quests over and over?

minor dark brotherhood question

I swear I've got a glitch that won't let me comlete the puzzle on one of the mage's guild quests
with the crystals on top of that giant orb that shine the three lights onto the roof. There are only two possible positions for those lights that I can see, and yet there is no way in hell to line the lights up to the cyrstals that spin around on the celing. It's just impossible
. This is infuriating. Anyone know how to do this dang puzzle?

Use the level 1 ice and fire spells. There are more than two positions, but the stronger spells won't let you position them that way.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I don't even bother going for a dragon soul anymore if the beast fell far away. It can have it.

Fjordson

Holy shit, Daedric quests are crazy. So weird, but a nice change of pace from the other stuff. Really cool.

Edit: And Dawnbreaker is amazing. Its proc goes off every fight.

pakkit

Banned
I hate the Imperials AND the Stormcloaks. They're both wrong for their own special reasons...but is their questline good enough to pursue?

Rookie

Neo Member
I'm tempted to just start a new character. I feel like I could play any given character for like 200 hours. Think I might go ahead and start a second one rather than do that just yet.

I have had similar temptations, but I think i will finish off a few things and just romp about for a while. Then next time round know what I want to do with the character.

Fjordson

Same here. Though I'm still loving my first character, the temptation to do everything is hard to resist.

I think I'm going to go all-out with magic with my second playthrough. And it'll hopefully be on PC so I can mod all the fucking spiders out of the game. I'm in love with Skyrim, but all the spiders are starting to wear on me a bit.

You expected me to put up with that clown? ;)

Yeah, fuck that guy. Dark Brotherhood spoiler:
Attempting to assassinate fellow members of the Brotherhood is not cool. After throwing all that shit at me when I tried to get to him, there was no way in hell I'd let him get away with everything. Also, I didn't summon Lachance when I confronted him so I didn't know that Sithis wanted him alive. Sithis go suck a dick, Cicero is insane.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
*sigh* Skyrim time.

Keep starting so late. Booting the game up at 3:06AM... least she's worth it.

Notes:

-I have to say, the longer I play, the more I realize how brilliant the words/souls/shouts system is. The dragon souls become a currency that always makes it worthwhile to try and stick it out to fight a dragon; you never want to be missing a soul when you need one. The words make it perpetually motivating to explore the world and get an immediate reward every time you find a wall. Once you've got a surplus of words and souls you actually can decide what to spend them on.
-I've played a lot of time in third person. The animations really are solid. When this thing is modded to hell and back it's going to be absolutely stunning.
-Not sure I get the soul gem thing altogether, even though I've already seen people explain it all in this thread. When you recharge an enchanted item, do you lose the gem or just the soul inside?

Finally some minor RP stuff which this game seems to render you unable to talk about...

I'm cutting my way through the Thieves Guild quests pretty damn fast. A handful of tasks well beneath my skill and they seem ready to trust me with absolutely anything down in the Ratway. Not a one of them seems to suspect for an instant that I'm simply using them for access, training, and wealth. In truth I have simply heard tell of certain items that these miscreants may be able to lead me to. I care little about their corruption of the Black-Briars and the illegitimate vicegrip they've got on the people of Riften. These are good people trying to make a living... a god-fearing innkeeper, artisans peddling chintzy wares, the only Argonians I've seen since I crossed the border; they deserve freedom as much as anyone in Skyrim, but these are times of war and I can't be troubled to clean up the petty squabbles of a city and its vermin. These shiftless pickpockets speaks of their days of grandeur and assign me tasks of "import" such as burglarizing their innocent marks, unaware that my blades have slain dragons, unaware that with a mere whisper I could send each one of them flying into the walls with the force of thunder.

I will use them until I've taken all I need, and then I'll move on to this circle of assassins I've heard so much about and do the same in Windhelm.

I will never be one of them. They are mere conduits to my own ends.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
This game..man...sometimes. The flashes of random brilliance are such a breath of fresh air. I cant even quantify all the amazing blundering moments ive had so far. Dragons really added a dimension to the game that i didnt think they would. I dont meant he fights..i mean the encounters. The way they pick fight with *facepalm* crabs. Land on top of you randomly. Get killed by horses . Fucking skyrim.

Locke_211

Has anyone else killed a dragon and not had the soul get absorbed? It just stays fully skinned, without turning into a skeleton or anything. It was one nearish Whiterun, kind of North-West. Not too bad if it's a one off, but I hope the next one works properly!

NBtoaster

Has anyone else killed a dragon and not had the soul get absorbed? It just stays fully skinned, without turning into a skeleton or anything. It was one nearish Whiterun, kind of North-West. Not too bad if it's a one off, but I hope the next one works properly!

That happens for me when I've already killed a dragon in an area. Dragons respawn, their souls dont.

Nose Master

Inventory management takes so god damn long. Takes me like 20 minutes after each dungeon to find enough vendors to sell this shit to.
I don't even need the gold! I have a problem :(

I'm level 51 and feeling close to done with this character. There's not much point in hunting down bandit lairs and such at this point. I'm tempted to just use the Oghma Infinium glitch to just max everything out.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Just reading the Wiki, I saw this about the Throw Voice shout...
It is possible to quickly sprint up to the wall and obtain the Words of Power, however it would be incredibly hard to flee Krosis as he can slow you greatly.
I did exactly that without realizing it. Getting away from that area with the dragon tailing me across three bandit-ridden towns...

The shout's my style, too. I like it. I've only put in one word though (you get all three from the wall). How worth upgrading is it?

FStop7

Banned
Got a greatsword that causes people to burst into flames when you hit them.

Flames.

You know you're the goddamn Dovahkiin when you hit someone with your sword so hard that their head flies off and their body catches on fire.

Locke_211

That happens for me when I've already killed a dragon in an area. Dragons respawn, their souls dont.

I don't think I'd killed it before. The dragon roost icon thing on the map went from not clear to clear after I killed it this time - though that might be related to whether or not I'd got the shout. Perhaps it came down from the perch and was one I'd killed a little way away, nearer Whiterun.

Arjen

Inventory management takes so god damn long. Takes me like 20 minutes after each dungeon to find enough vendors to sell this shit to.
I don't even need the gold! I have a problem :(

Oh god, yes, i have the same problem. Here's what i do every time i have to ditch/ sell stuff.

1. Decide what i want to keep (basicly unique stuff)
2. Store weapons in weapons chest
3. Store armor in armor chest.
4. Store jewelry in jewelry chest. (flawless, rest is to sell)
5. Store ignots etc. in chest.
6. Go on potion making spree
7. Store potions in potion cabinet.
8. Go to stores to sell the rest.

Top Bottom