• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

Christine

Question on Enchanting.
Once you Enchant a weapon you cant re-enchant it with a different ability correct?

Nope, although there's a perk that lets you do 2 enchants per weapon.

There's also some unique gear that has a status effect but isn't yet counted as magical--I think you may be able to throw a regular enchant on top of the existing effect.

AiTM

Banned
I tried copying my skyrim save file from home to another computer so I can play it there too. But everytime I try to load it I just wait at the loading screen forever. Started a new game up fine and those saves load, but my other save wont.

Any ideas?

Philthy

I'm about level 26 or so.. I've been basically playing a battlemage. Summoning a flame antioriach with left, slicing with an axe in the right. The thing is, my spells are all sort of half assed. I don't do that much with them. The summoned mostly are quick distractions that die in two hits from most things.

I've realized that I could simplly go dual wield because I have a few other cool 1H weapons collecting dust and use spells as utilities.

Is dual wielding viable? I know 2H weapons are, but I'd rather try dual wielding instead I think since I've been using 1H my entire game thus far.

ElyrionX

I was exploring ways to make money from enchanting. So I crafted a couple of Iron Daggers and enchanted them with the Absorb Stamina effect (the most valuable effect I have for now) using Petty Soul Gems. The strange thing is, the first dagger I created was worth 480. But the second dagger I created of the exact same stats was worth 472. When I went back into my equipment menu, I now see that the first dagger's value has now dropped to 472. The third dagger I create is then worth 464 and all three daggers are subsequently devalued as well.

Anybody knows what's going on here?

I've got a hilarious bug going in my current game.

I'll try and keep it non-specific.

Myself and Lydia are off to kill a dragon, a warrior lady, Delphina, has asked for our help and we are following her to the dragon's location.
Along the trail a madwoman approached me and begged for me to cast a spell on her, she knew some things about my previous adventures so I figured she was more than just a kook... maybe even a princess in disguise. So I use the spell on her, it has a temporary negative effect BUT Delphina aggros on me for attacking a civilian.

I don't want Lydia to kill her so I cast Calm on Delphina. I can talk to her about the quest, and she continues on the path to our dragon. Problem is that every 60s the Calm spell loses it's effect and she starts attacking me again. I cannot talk to her to pay my bounty, she just kills me, if I kill her she revives within seconds because she has to complete this quest. So I have been Calm kiting her along...

Of course anytime she gets hit the Calm spell is dispelled, and because she is Calmed she will not attack anything until she is attacked. If I am closer to her than the thing that attacked her she aggros on me, and Lydia then aggros on her - making this whole dragon killing thing pretty tough for a sneak-llusionist like myself.

I will probably have to jump back to an old save. Any ideas?

Derrick01

Banned
Not exactly. There was extra land but not nearly as much as Skyrim has. No Red Mountain, High Hrothgar or any other special place. And didn't extend very far anyway. Which is why Skyrim having so much extra is a bit strange.

Still I wouldn't expect full morrowind or cyrodil dlc, that's just setting yourself up for disappointment. It's probably just there for laughs.

Go directly north from the Mage College at Winterhold into the glaciers (It might be -VERY- slightly northwest actually) there's a hut there for this guy Septimus. Do his questline and you will end up in Blackreach.

Can you even get that quest before progressing in the main questline?

erragal

Can you even get that quest before progressing in the main questline?

Yes. I'm barely into the main quest line. In fact I got that quest prior to even going to High Hrothgar; I waited awhile to finish it but I could have picked up the elder scroll before meeting the greybeards!! I was just exploring glaciers randomly and stumbled upon his hut.

scy

Just a note on this, it allows you to apply two enchants when you go to Enchant the item for the first time. You don't get to put one Enchant and then Enchant a second on there later. No matter what you do, you only get to put Enchants on the item the one time.

I was exploring ways to make money from enchanting. So I crafted a couple of Iron Daggers and enchanted them with the Absorb Stamina effect (the most valuable effect I have for now) using Petty Soul Gems. The strange thing is, the first dagger I created was worth 480. But the second dagger I created of the exact same stats was worth 472. When I went back into my equipment menu, I now see that the first dagger's value has now dropped to 472. The third dagger I create is then worth 464 and all three daggers are subsequently devalued as well.

Anybody knows what's going on here?

I noticed it too when I was mass producing them. I managed to drop the value of Banish Daggers by something like 800+. Their value seems to go back up if you just spend some time out killing things, though, so I'm not really sure what it is. It doesn't reset when vendors stock reset so I don't know what controls it really.

Gorgon

Is there any way to flush the firmware on the PS3? Or reset the console? PSN ain't working and probably won't let me update if I already have the latest firmware. Either that solves my problem or Skyrim killed my BD drive :/

Derrick01

Banned
I should probably stop leveling smithing for now on my new character. After Riverwood I've only been to a few locations on the way to Markarth, and Markarth itself and because of the iron dagger exploit I'm already level 17. I'm going to get wrecked if the enemies start scaling because my 2h skill is only 40 and I'm still using basic Steel armor and a basic 2h Axe :lol

Is there any way to flush the firmware on the PS3? Or reset the console? PSN ain't working and probably won't let me update if I already have the latest firmware. Either that solves my problem or Skyrim killed my BD drive :/

Sounds like what happened to me. The drive, she is dead, bro.

I should probably stop leveling smithing for now on my new character. After Riverwood I've only been to a few locations on the way to Markarth, and Markarth itself and because of the iron dagger exploit I'm already level 17. I'm going to get wrecked if the enemies start scaling because my 2h skill is only 40 and I'm still using basic Steel armor and a basic 2h Axe :lol

The ultimate role-playing experience: Be a wandering black-smith.

The Chef

There's also some unique gear that has a status effect but isn't yet counted as magical--I think you may be able to throw a regular enchant on top of the existing effect.

Thats too bad. I tried my hand at enchanting with my best sword and now that I kinda know what im doing I want to do something different to it. Ah well.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
So, I just completed the quest given by Vekel in the Thieves Guild to
acquire the four books by Arondil. The problem is that when I return them, he promises me payment but I don't receive anything and still have the books in my inventory. What gives?

Yes. I'm barely into the main quest line. In fact I got that quest prior to even going to High Hrothgar; I waited awhile to finish it but I could have picked up the elder scroll before meeting the greybeards!! I was just exploring glaciers randomly and stumbled upon his hut.

Thats' awesome, i shouldn't have progressed this fast in the main quest but the story really drew me in! Anyway, since it's not over yet it's time for some faction quests.

Woorloog

Banned
Still I wouldn't expect full morrowind or cyrodil dlc, that's just setting yourself up for disappointment. It's probably just there for laughs.

Full? Would never expect that. Part of either one maybe (say, Bruma+some land around it from Cyrodiil at most).

Also repeating.. How does the Bribery perk in Speech work? I can pay half my bounty to guards to clean my criminal record? I can bribe them not to care if i get caught while commiting a crime? Some other way?

RyanDG

Yep, Skyrim killed my BD drive confirmed :(
Just updated the firmware and it's still dead.

How much does a repair cost at a sony center? Or is it just best to buy a new one?

Fuck this shit.

Mine cost about $60 or so from eBay, and probably took a half-hour to install. My warranty was expired so I didn't bother with Sony support.

Shits and giggles.

I just stepped inside Yngol Barrow near Windhelm. Inside I was greeted by the most curious thing:
a tiny, blue orb rolling around on the floor, occasionally jumping up into the air. I can't hit it, it doesn't appear to respond to me, it's just dancing around me.

Wait, it's following me. And now there's two of them.

Kurdel

Banned
I think Skyrim will be the basis for the next gen Elder Scrolls 6, and that game will include the Skyrim geography and expand the other provinces.

Gravijah

I think Skyrim will be the basis for the next gen Elder Scrolls 6, and that game will include the Skyrim geography and expand the other provinces.

the next mainline elder scrolls game is likely 4-5 years away, unless they do another new vegas. i hope we go somewhere new or maybe revisit a place like hammerfell.

Shits and giggles.

I just stepped inside Yngol Barrow near Windhelm. Inside I was greeted by the most curious thing:
a tiny, blue orb rolling around on the floor, occasionally jumping up into the air. I can't hit it, it doesn't appear to respond to me, it's just dancing around me.

Wait, it's following me. And now there's two of them.

:p

I remember going there and experiencing this. Just wait.

HTuran

Anyone else been collecting the various claws?

Currently have Diamond, Saphire, Gold, Iron and one other, I think.

How many are there?

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Anyone else been collecting the various claws?

Currently have Diamond, Saphire, Gold, Iron and one other, I think.

How many are there?

I've this very second completed the one where you get the Ivory claw.

I gave the gold one back to that guy in Riverwood right at the start.

Do they do anything special or can I sell them?

Dresden

CHEEZMO™;32882754 said:

They're all keys to certain barrows, I think. Came across one where I needed a sapphire claw to progress.

I highly doubt Morrowind or Cyrodiil will be DLC.

People are thinking "OMG why else would they spend all that time on that?" But I don't think it took a ton of effort to create giant landmasses with (very) low-res textures. Especially when they already had something to work with (existing maps).

I wouldn't really want those to be DLC, either. Been there, done that. Now if we could go back to my Bosmer home province of Valenwood...

Dunlop

Went from zero dragons to killing two fifteen minutes apart, lol.

The second one was pretty funny, I was showing my wife the game when she noticed the dragon. I shot it with my bow and was totally expecting to die. Running down I saw a Giant and stood pretty close to him. Dragon landed and they both started duking it out while I took pot shots from a safe distance ; )

Do I need to keep everything off a dragon for crafting? I know the scales are for armor, but do I need anything else? Stuff is heavy

jorma

is now taking requests
the next mainline elder scrolls game is likely 4-5 years away, unless they do another new vegas. i hope we go somewhere new or maybe revisit a place like hammerfell.

a "new vegas" sort of release in a year or so would be grand. just grand. and there is no doubt in my mind it would see a roi any publisher would kill for.

Kurdel

Banned
Yeah those claw puzzles rub me the wrong way.

In the previews and interviews leading up to the release, they were like "oh yeah, puzzles in the dungeons now!". Would have been less exciting if they sad "There are 3 types of puzzles that repeat over and over and over again, enjoy!".

One of those "first 10% of the game is not an accurate representation of the game" syndrome.

scy

In regards to the claws, I've got a question. Thief Guild spoilers:
Since Mercer used the Skeleton Key to break into that one Claw-door that Karliah sealed ... can you do that too? I figure, no, it's just a story thing but it'd be pretty cool if you could

HTuran

CHEEZMO™;32882754 said:

Ah, ivory, that was the one I was thinking of. After use, they have no purpose.

Was hoping to display them but some are marked as quest items and can't be dropped :(

Aw man, really? I was hoping to do the same :( Might just use the console to change that.

In regards to the claws, I've got a question. Thief Guild spoilers:
Since Mercer used the Skeleton Key to break into that one Claw-door that Karliah sealed ... can you do that too? I figure, no, it's just a story thing but it'd be pretty cool if you could

I figured it was just a story beat. When you realise that the 'unlimited power' they refer to is just
an unbreakable lockpick
it's such a letdown.

a "new vegas" sort of release in a year or so would be grand. just grand. and there is no doubt in my mind it would see a roi any publisher would kill for.

is it safe to assume Todd Howard's A-team will hit Fallout 4 next and try getting that out before the end of the PS3/360 gen?

Personally, I'd love to see a next-gen Fallout 4 as a launch window game- but if the new XBox is really coming out next holiday there's probably no way that would happen.

Grisby

CHEEZMO™;32882954 said:
lol, I know that.

I meant do you need them for anything after you complete the dungeon in which they open doors?

I'll keep it stored away just in case.
One has stayed in my quest inventory for quite a while. Can't remove it. The others I've been able to deposit.

Top Bottom