• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

Heysoos

That would be amazing, I was actually talking to my friend about something like this yesterday. It would be awesome if they added the other areas of the world to the game as DLC.

Has anyone tried going there? Seems like it would be pretty easy to debunk if it's false. I'd do it, but I'm on campus for a test. If someone hasn't tried it by the time I get home, I'll try making my way there.

Moofers

Made this last night. Maybe my smithing needs to reach 100 before he holds the right end of the metal?

skyrimsmith.jpg

Yager

Banned
I'm working on a random quest to steal a ring from someone for the Thieves Guild. The description is, in part:

"I've been told to pickpocket Louis Letrush's Gold Ring from Louis Letrush in Riften."

I check the map and find that the marker is point to the Whiterun Stables. Um, yeah.

I charter a wagon and head to Whiterun, where I meet Louis Letrush, his brother Louis Letrush, and his other brother Louis Letrush, who either has no legs or fell into a really deep pothole.

IMG_6165.jpg

Same thing happened to me; I posted a picture just like yours in the first thread. Pretty funny, but I'm seriously thinking about killing them. They're so annoying.

Double D

Is the Companions questline bugged for anyone else? I went to that
cave with Farkas and got the Wuuther or whatever. I went back to Whiterun and walked around back to the 'initiation' ceremony thing and the main guy said something like "So it shall be done" and then nothing happened.
I'm just standing there locked into 'dialogue'. Can't move, but can look around with the right stick. Can't start a conversation. I waited and I'm still stuck.

I can reload the save just after I left the cave, but I killed 3 goddamn mammoths just after that, and I would have liked not to repeat that.

Seanspeed

Banned
Considering its just low-res stuff out there, its probably just there cuz they knew that people would no-clip and then get all nerd-gasmy when they see vague references to what could be Morrowind and Cyrodil.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Made this last night. Maybe my smithing needs to reach 100 before he holds the right end of the metal?

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s44/unoillnino/skyrimsmith.jpg

This reminds me: what's great about the mining animation is that the amount of effort your character puts into the mining process is equal to the amount of effort the animator/s put into the animation itself.

Edit: Also, I've run into a quest bug. I picked up a bounty to kill "the giant at Sleeping Tree Camp", however I received this bounty as one of the last original bounties available to me in the region, so the giant I felled mere hours earlier is still dead. Needless to say, I can't complete the quest because I have no giant to kill.

OG Kush

Probably LTTP here but did you all see this?

"Well this is really neat. As you've probably heard, Skyrim is a massive game. It's even bigger than you think though. A PC player, after discovering a gate-like structure in the southeastern portion of the map, turned on a "no clip" mode to explore beyond the Bethesda-set boundaries. This led to a surprising (and totally awesome) discovery.
It turns out that Morrowind and Cyrodiil, the environments featured in the two previous Elder Scrolls games, are built into Skyrim. There's not much to be found other than low-resolution landscapes, but Bethesda put in enough detail for key features like Morrowind's Red Mountain and Cyrodiil's White Gold Tower to be visible.
This raises some intriguing possibilities. It's unlikely that these landmasses exist solely for the purpose of making Skyrim feel like it's part of a larger world. There are regions, particularly Cyrodiil, recreated with a fair amount of detail that would never be visible from Skyrim's highest peaks."

DLC perhaps?

This guy who noclipped didnt bother to take pics?!

Woorloog

Banned
If it turns out that theres DLC that is set in Morrowind... this would be the most awesome expansion ever made!

Hell yeah! My biggest DLC wish is part of Morrowind (the province, not necessarily the island of Vvardenfell (sp?)) or some other province, High Rock or Hammerfell preferrably if not Morrowind.

BKXB

Economist
I stumbled across a great Bow of Diminishing.

Can I use up all of the charges, and then disenchant it? Or does it need a remaining charge?

Mik2121

Damn, have you guys completed the Geirmund's Hall? I got all the way to the end (I think) but the 'boss' completely destroyed me :(

Basically, he does this magic spell where
he takes out all your weapons, and all I have left is the weapon I got from the Companions quest (the big axe thing). He appears next to two of his clones and you have to guess which one is him, which is easy. The problem is that.. he took my bow so I couldn't do shit, and when I tried to get closer to him he killed me incredibly fast.

I'm level 20, btw. Maybe too soon.. I might go somewhere else, but I don't wanna forget about this area..

53 hours in. No major bugs that years of experience playing Bethesda games haven't taught me to avoid/resolve.

The worst bug so far was picking up a quest item before getting the quest. I couldn't get rid of the item or complete the quest so I loaded up an old save file, left the quest item in the cave and came back for it later.

Ponti

Damn, have you guys completed the Geirmund's Hall? I got all the way to the end (I think) but the 'boss' completely destroyed me :(

he takes out all your weapons, and all I have left is the weapon I got from the Companions quest (the big axe thing). He appears next to two of his clones and you have to guess which one is him, which is easy. The problem is that.. he took my bow so I couldn't do shit, and when I tried to get closer to him he killed me incredibly fast.

I'm level 20, btw. Maybe too soon.. I might go somewhere else, but I don't wanna forget about this area..
Yeah he uses a disarm shout, usually right after he teleports. You can avoid it by hiding behind one of the pillars near his tomb after a teleport or sheathing your weapon. If you do get hit by it your weapon should have landed underneath you but sometimes the physics make it fly off somewhere. Stagger locking him with a shield works fairly well too.

HildyB

Pickpocket 'Poisoner' perk + decent alchemy + average sneaking = master assassin.

I usually drop a Weakness to Poison potion and a Lingering Damage Health poison in the unfortunate sap's pockets and calmly walk away. 3-5 secs later, they lie dead at my feet. This is especially useful for public assassinations where they may be lots of witnesses. I think poisoning is undetectable.

o_O Did not know you could use poisons like this... my game just opened up

Gorgon

FUCK BETHESDA.

I exited the game, PSN starts loading but the disc just starts making noise has if it can't be read. Turned off and on again the PS3 and now it doesn't recognize the disc at all, it's as if nothing is there. Unistalled the game (kept saves) but the problem remnais. WTF?

The disc is fine, no visible problems, and everything was fine until now. I'm pissed.

Arjen

I think i had some luck with that one, i went into sneak he never saw me, i beat him without taking one hit.

Zeliard

FUCK BETHESDA.

I exited the game, PSN starts loading but the disc just starts making noise has if it can't be read. Turned off and on again the PS3 and now it doesn't recognize the disc at all, it's as if nothing is there. Unistalled the game (kept saves) but the problem remnais. WTF?

The disc is fine, no visible problems, and everything was fine until now. I'm pissed.

Your other games working?

scy

Huh, that's weird. This is for the
Forbidden Legend questline, right? Except when I did it he had the Unrelenting Force shout rather a Disarm. On my Mage, it was a frustrating fight since the knockback, stagger, and ragdolling from the shout was long enough for him to line up a shot. Which one-shotted me. So basically every shout was a guaranteed death and each clone did the shout.

The only thing I can think of is maybe keeping some spells on-hand just to zap the
clones as they pop after they take any damage. The real one keeps his HP so finding him isn't terribly hard if you pay attention to their health. Besides that, not much advice as I've only done the (similar) fight on Ranged characters. You should have space to hide from him since he stays at range but not sure how well that process would go if your ranged damage is bad :/

glaurung

FUCK BETHESDA.

Other games and movies work?

Skyrim kills BD-ROM drives confirmed.

Double D

Since I've been following this thread, it seems like everyone asks the same first question (including myself). New thread title proposition:

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Sell the Dragon Guts Right Now

Woorloog

Banned
Can anyone recommend a cool and unique place to visit? I'm just wandering around now, generic cave after generic cave.

All main cities. Daedric Shrines. High Hrothgar. Mountains in general. Valleys, rivers, waterfalls, hot springs east of Whiterun/south of Stormcloack city. You need to be able to see the uniqueness, appreciate the view... Most interiors are not special so don't bother with them if you want something cool.

scy

CHEEZMO™;32881214 said:
I think you need a specific perk for it.

It's a perk, yeah. I completely forgot about it, though, so time to get this on my Archer and proceed to lay waste to entire cities, one pocket at a time.

What armour is this? Looks cool.

Looks to be the Dark Brotherhood chest.

kodt

Banned
The worst bug so far was picking up a quest item before getting the quest. I couldn't get rid of the item or complete the quest so I loaded up an old save file, left the quest item in the cave and came back for it later.

Yeah that is annoying, I have a bow in my inventory I cant get rid of now. No idea what quest it is for.

Woorloog

Banned
How does the Bribery perk in Speech work? I can pay half my bounty to guards to clean my criminal record? I can bribe them not to care if i get caught while commiting a crime? Some other way?

Yeah that is annoying, I have a bow in my inventory I cant get rid of now. No idea what quest it is for.
Oh shit so that happens with ALL quest items?? I thought it was just the one I found. This needs to be patched because I have a couple more in my inventory I'm holding onto for when I find the correlating quest.

Can you finish the Thieves Guild quest line if you've already fucked with Markarth? I'm supposed to talk to a wizard there, but I'm afraid it'll be impossible.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Since I've been following this thread, it seems like everyone asks the same first question (including myself). New thread title proposition:

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Sell the Dragon Guts Right Now
"and Pray at a Shrine to Cure Disease"

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
It's so jarring watching some of these camera pics you guys are taking of the consoles after taking these within the last 2 days....

tesv2011-11-1915-16-05g82s.png

Water mod 1.1
tesv2011-11-2112-02-2xidxx.png

These last 2 are even before doing any ini tweaking at all too (no transparency AA or 4xSSAA)- These are from my first day of playing.
tesv2011-11-1214-38-0r3uqn.png

tesv2011-11-1215-06-5u3us1.png

Zeliard

I've got like 50 hours in the game and have only visited 4 of the 9 main cities. Game's got some meat on them dragon bones.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
CHEEZMO™;32881438 said:
Where's Blackreach?
Apparently...

"Blackreach can be accessed by descending either Alftand, Mzinchaleft, or Raldbthar. In order to access the entrances to Blackreach, the Attunement Sphere is needed to reveal the stairs leading to each entrance"

Must have been what I was missing at the end of my ventures through Alftand. Now where to find that...

erragal

CHEEZMO™;32881438 said:
Where's Blackreach?

Go directly north from the Mage College at Winterhold into the glaciers (It might be -VERY- slightly northwest actually) there's a hut there for this guy Septimus. Do his questline and you will end up in Blackreach.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Go directly north from the Mage College at Winterhold into the glaciers (It might be -VERY- slightly northwest actually) there's a hut there for this guy Septimus. Do his questline and you will end up in Blackreach.

That explains why I had no idea.

Furthest north I've been is Windhelm. Aside from slightly north of that swamp town near Solitude, that is.

FUCK BETHESDA.

Demons souls did this to me; it's probably the laser. The system would just stop reading discs here and there, and eventually stopped altogether.

I assume you have a phat? You can get replacement drives off eBay etc for about $60 or so and they aren't hard to install (I am terrible at that kind of thing and I managed fine). Hopefully that isn't the problem but at least if it is the whole ps3 isnt junked.

Derrick01

Banned
Probably LTTP here but did you all see this?

"Well this is really neat. As you've probably heard, Skyrim is a massive game. It's even bigger than you think though. A PC player, after discovering a gate-like structure in the southeastern portion of the map, turned on a "no clip" mode to explore beyond the Bethesda-set boundaries. This led to a surprising (and totally awesome) discovery.
It turns out that Morrowind and Cyrodiil, the environments featured in the two previous Elder Scrolls games, are built into Skyrim. There's not much to be found other than low-resolution landscapes, but Bethesda put in enough detail for key features like Morrowind's Red Mountain and Cyrodiil's White Gold Tower to be visible.
This raises some intriguing possibilities. It's unlikely that these landmasses exist solely for the purpose of making Skyrim feel like it's part of a larger world. There are regions, particularly Cyrodiil, recreated with a fair amount of detail that would never be visible from Skyrim's highest peaks."

DLC perhaps?

I'm almost 100% sure this was in Oblivion as well, as in modders were able to run by the boundaries and there was land on the other side but low res and like no detail or people or anything like that.

I wouldn't look too much into this.

Woorloog

Banned
I'm almost 100% sure this was in Oblivion as well, as in modders were able to run by the boundaries and there was land on the other side but low res and like no detail or people or anything like that.

Not exactly. There was extra land but not nearly as much as Skyrim has. No Red Mountain, High Hrothgar or any other special place. And didn't extend very far anyway. Which is why Skyrim having so much extra is a bit strange.

Ponti

There was land beyond the border in Oblivion but it was completely flat.

Gorgon

Your other games working?

Just tested. Nope. No games, no BD, no DVD, nothing. It may not be Bethesdas problem after all, lol. Maybe when I quit the game it corrupted the firmware? Strange. Either that or the BD drive just went caput precisely when I quit the game!

Top Bottom