• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

Uhm... I think this is a bug, and a pretty bad one at it..

Earlier I made my way to the top of the mountain where the Greybeards are and there was some stuff to mine. On the last piece, my character bugged out of the animation and I couldn't mine it. Didn't bother me because it happened before, but the issue is that now my character is all the time crouching, even though not sneaking. When I try to run I do the sneaking roll thing but I really don't know what's going on.

I have tried reloading the file, restarting my PS3, doing other animations like going to sleep but nothing fixes it. I always play with just one savefile so hopefully I'm not SOL...

I'm not sure how to fix your problem but this, of all games ... REQUIRES you to have more than one save file. I'd at least rotate 5 in case of bugs.

EDIT: Is there any downside to a Mage wearing heavy armor?

Log4Girlz

How can I create armor with alchemy or smithing enchantments? I keep seeing pics all over but I haven't found any armor with these stats to disenchant and place on new armor.

Woorloog

Banned
You can find Dragonscale/plate armors yes? I don't want to invest in smithing perks (making yet another character, can't find the one i really like) but i'd like to get a suit of Dragonscale anyway (i'm a collector). They're not sold, correct?

Mik2121

I'm not sure how to fix your problem but this, of all games ... REQUIRES you to have more than one save file. I'd at least rotate 5 in case of bugs.

EDIT: Is there any downside to a Mage wearing heavy armor?

I should have taken more care. But yeah.. it seems like I'm completely out of luck here. 36 hours spent and now this :(

Oh well, I guess I will start another character and try to make it better this time, plus having multiple save files...

Zeliard

I should have taken more care. But yeah.. it seems like I'm completely out of luck here. 36 hours spent and now this :(

Oh well, I guess I will start another character and try to make it better this time, plus having multiple save files...

What happens if you jump in water and get into the swimming animation, then go back out?

webrunner

Walking up to someone I'm sent to assassinate, stealth two feet in front of their face, and stick an arrow right between their eyes with no detection.

Stealth is pretty awesome.

Tek

Uhm... I think this is a bug, and a pretty bad one at it..

Earlier I made my way to the top of the mountain where the Greybeards are and there was some stuff to mine. On the last piece, my character bugged out of the animation and I couldn't mine it. Didn't bother me because it happened before, but the issue is that now my character is all the time crouching, even though not sneaking. When I try to run I do the sneaking roll thing but I really don't know what's going on.

I have tried reloading the file, restarting my PS3, doing other animations like going to sleep but nothing fixes it. I always play with just one savefile so hopefully I'm not SOL...

Playing any Elder Scrolls game with one save file will always mean you are SOL

Ponti

Resetting your character mesh might solve the problem, if you were on PC you could just put the sexchange command in twice in the console but I see your on PS3. Do you have the
Werewolf form
? That might do it.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
3rd person players are crazy and should be locked up like the criminal scum they are.

It's for the good of society I tells ya!

Mik2121

I cured myself from the werewolf thing so I cannot try it. I just tried to swim and it would do the animation as expected, but then it would just go back to crouching. BTW, I can't turn on sneaking/crouching, as in, the one with the eye icon. It's just normal walk, but while crouching.. and I can only do the silent roll which is part of sneaking.. but it doesn't count as sneaking. Such a mess :(

I will try and just leave my save data, uninstall the game and re-install it. If I cannot fix it, I will just leave the savefile there in case some patch fixes it, but otherwise I will start a new character. The problem is, the kind of character I was playing now is the one I like the most (sneaking one, but with strong weapons and the like), so I will probably end up doing all the same stuff, lol.

Oh well, let's see if reinstalling the game fixes it... :/

Ponti

I have to ask but.....am I the only damn one who plays this game in 3rd person view?
Tried but couldn't. Don't like how the controls get all floaty and can never judge the melee distance properly.

I cured myself from the werewolf thing so I cannot try it. I just tried to swim and it would do the animation as expected, but then it would just go back to crouching. BTW, I can't turn on sneaking/crouching, as in, the one with the eye icon. It's just normal walk, but while crouching.. and I can only do the silent roll which is part of sneaking.. but it doesn't count as sneaking. Such a mess :(

I will try and just leave my save data, uninstall the game and re-install it. If I cannot fix it, I will just leave the savefile there in case some patch fixes it, but otherwise I will start a new character. The problem is, the kind of character I was playing now is the one I like the most (sneaking one, but with strong weapons and the like), so I will probably end up doing all the same stuff, lol.

Oh well, let's see if reinstalling the game fixes it... :/
Have you tried mining again?

Mik2121

/\/\/\ Does the PS3 have any cache settings like the 360 does? I've never had to do anything like that with my PS3 so not sure.
Dunno really.. but at least I'll try :/
I have to ask but.....am I the only damn one who plays this game in 3rd person view?
I play in 3rd person when I'm sneaking around or walking in some really open areas. Otherwise for picking up loot, fighting and the like, I go 1st person view.

Tried but couldn't. Don't like how the controls get all floaty and can never judge the melee distance properly.

Have you tried mining again?
didn't because it just wouldn't let me on that area. I already deleted the PS3 data and I'm installing the game right now (40% right now). If it doesn't get fixed, I will try mining. Otherwise, I will just give up. I've tried riding a horse, swimming, going to sleep, wearing other armor, other weapons, not wearing anything, fighting, shouting, and pretty much all the stuff you might think of...

Jintor

Oops. Look like I accidentally killed a bunch of misc quest NPCs outside a fort by accident because they were camped out next to a Forsaken encampment and I just assumed the heavily armed dudes were enemies.

Spat_triate

Walking up to someone I'm sent to assassinate, stealth two feet in front of their face, and stick an arrow right between their eyes with no detection.

Stealth is pretty awesome.

Pickpocket 'Poisoner' perk + decent alchemy + average sneaking = master assassin.

I usually drop a Weakness to Poison potion and a Lingering Damage Health poison in the unfortunate sap's pockets and calmly walk away. 3-5 secs later, they lie dead at my feet. This is especially useful for public assassinations where they may be lots of witnesses. I think poisoning is undetectable.

Dunlop

I cured myself from the werewolf thing so I cannot try it.

Crazy, I love my werewolf..uh ness

Course I'm an Ranger type (bow,1 hander, shield, light armor)so it is pretty much my oh shit spell when I am stuck a bunch of melee mobs or some 2hander mofo kicking my ass in a dungeon

Salaadin

I love the perk that adds disarming to power bash. Its so fun to walk to to some fool and just bash him in the face and see his weapon go flying.
I disarmed some bandit yesterday and he pulled out a woodcutters axe to try and take me on. That didnt work.

Mik2121

OH MY GOD! I was able to fix it!.

I went to the very same place where I got 'stuck' while mining, pressed the button to mine and it made this super weird animation for like a fraction of a second and then started to mine like normal. Now he's standing like a human!!! :____) And I can crouch, too!

Fuck yeah! :D

Now to keep multiple save files :p

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan

I went to the very same place where I got 'stuck' while mining, pressed the button to mine and it made this super weird animation for like a fraction of a second and then started to mine like normal. Now he's standing like a human!!! :____) And I can crouch, too!

yay~

Twix

This post reminds me of my Oblivion playthrough, my happiest moments were overcoming these ridiculous bugs and glitches. Sad times.

Dyno

Went to that northern town where Ulfric Stormcloak lives. His pet wizard trains in Destruction magic!

I am not leaving this region of the world for a couple levels at least.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Probably LTTP here but did you all see this?

"Well this is really neat. As you've probably heard, Skyrim is a massive game. It's even bigger than you think though. A PC player, after discovering a gate-like structure in the southeastern portion of the map, turned on a "no clip" mode to explore beyond the Bethesda-set boundaries. This led to a surprising (and totally awesome) discovery.
It turns out that Morrowind and Cyrodiil, the environments featured in the two previous Elder Scrolls games, are built into Skyrim. There's not much to be found other than low-resolution landscapes, but Bethesda put in enough detail for key features like Morrowind's Red Mountain and Cyrodiil's White Gold Tower to be visible.
This raises some intriguing possibilities. It's unlikely that these landmasses exist solely for the purpose of making Skyrim feel like it's part of a larger world. There are regions, particularly Cyrodiil, recreated with a fair amount of detail that would never be visible from Skyrim's highest peaks."

DLC perhaps?

"Well this is really neat. As you've probably heard, Skyrim is a massive game. It's even bigger than you think though. A PC player, after discovering a gate-like structure in the southeastern portion of the map, turned on a "no clip" mode to explore beyond the Bethesda-set boundaries. This led to a surprising (and totally awesome) discovery.
It turns out that Morrowind and Cyrodiil, the environments featured in the two previous Elder Scrolls games, are built into Skyrim. There's not much to be found other than low-resolution landscapes, but Bethesda put in enough detail for key features like Morrowind's Red Mountain and Cyrodiil's White Gold Tower to be visible.
This raises some intriguing possibilities. It's unlikely that these landmasses exist solely for the purpose of making Skyrim feel like it's part of a larger world. There are regions, particularly Cyrodiil, recreated with a fair amount of detail that would never be visible from Skyrim's highest peaks."

DLC perhaps?

I was about to post this too, it's on the last page.

An expansion set in another land... believe it.

Zeliard

Doubtful they'll do any DLC stuff with it, though maybe modders can mess with it. The most logical explanation is it's in there to give the 3D map a fuller and more cohesive view of the environment, so there aren't any strange borders behind the clouds.

Marv_79

Neo Member
I can't believe people don't keep multiple save files on Bethesda games, yo

They'll only make this mistake once.

Fallout 3 was my first bethesda game and I found out the hard way, after 50 hours gameplay it kept crashing everything I tried to leave the room....had to start all over again :(

Now I always have atleast 3 save files and always make a save before entering a building.

Ponti

Doubtful they'll do any DLC stuff with it, though maybe modders can mess with it. The most logical explanation is it's in there to give the 3D map a fuller and more cohesive view of the environment, so there aren't any strange borders behind the clouds.
This is what I would've thought to but considering the Imperial City, Kvatch and Anvil landscapes are all mapped out I'm not too sure.

It seems like a lot of work for nothing. Something must be planned surely.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper

DLC perhaps?

Holy crap. If this turns out to be true, they get +100000 million points for releasing an honest-go-god expansion pack.

We'll see though...

Jarmel

Banned

DLC perhaps?

Oblivion making up for Horse Armor with best DLC ever? That would be absolutely insane as an expansion pack.

Zeliard

This is what I would've thought to but considering the Imperial City, Kvatch and Anvil landscapes are all mapped out I'm not too sure.

It seems like a lot of work for nothing. Something must be planned surely.

I dunno, I'm inclined to think it's mostly (quite awesome) easter eggy stuff for people who like to experiment with the map borders. Think about the sort of undertaking that would be necessary to make anything meaningful with even just one of those areas, and filling them with the sort of detail you find in the Skyrim landscapes, as well as the previous games.

Remains to be seen what they'll do as far as expansions, but there's no way it can be significant enough to cover most of that stuff.

I think it may just be a cute sign of what's to inevitably come some time in the future, Elder Scrolls ## - Tamriel. Whether or not that'll come in the shape of an MMO remains to be seen. :p

derFeef

Would they actually do that? Oblivion and Morrowind added to the game? Thatd be huge.

Question is if it would be filled with quests and life. An empty landscape is added more easily. But by the looks of it, it is really rudimentary and possible just there as reference for the world designers.

Ponti

I dunno, I'm inclined to think it's mostly (quite awesome) easter eggy stuff for people who like to experiment with the map borders. Think about the sort of undertaking that would be necessary to make anything meaningful with even just one of those areas, and filling them with the sort of detail you find in the Skyrim landscapes, as well as the previous games.

Remains to be seen what they'll do as far as expansions, but there's no way it can be significant enough to cover most of that stuff.
Yeah recreating over half of Cyrodiil/Morrowind for DLC does seem a bit excessive. Even if it doesn't turn out to be DLC related a lot of the work has already been done for the modders.

Top Bottom