• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls VI seems to be taking place in Hammerfell, as Bethesda employee concepts leak

Draugoth

Gold Member
elder-scrolls-6-hammerfell.jpg

Source

The next destination for the Elder Scrolls looks like it’s been uncovered, and a Bethesda employee’s concept board on Pinterest seems to be the source. Those familiar with Tamriel will recognise the setting as Hammerfell, but those interested instead by spice and desert power will see Arrakis.

The account seemingly belonged to a Bethesda employee, possibly working on The Elder Scrolls 6. However, after the account was found by users on the r/TESVI subreddit, it was locked and taken offline. Luckily, screenshots exist showcasing what we could be seeing for Skyrim’s sequel – however many years away from release it really is.

elder-scrolls-6-concepts.jpg

Above are a few of the included image concepts. Interestingly, the middle photo is of an outfit from The Mummy, starring Brendan Fraser. One of the best movies of all time. It was the outfit worn by Ardeth Bay, who played Oded Fehr.

It’s impossible to see similarities between Dune and these possible Hammerfell concepts. I’m not suggesting that TES:VI will feature humans transforming into sandworms, but rather that they’re both themselves inspired by Bedouin culture.

With Assassin’s Creed Mirage taking the action to Baghdad, it’s very refreshing to see fantasy RPGs putting more of a focus on other cultures. I am not the only who asserts that the Euro-centric feudalism archetype has already been done to death now.

Via Bethesda.

“Even now, returning to Tamriel and playing early builds [of The Elder Scrolls VI] has us filled with the same joy, excitement, and promise of adventure.” Not too long ago, Bethesda confirmed that TES:VI is in a playable state, confirming that it’s probably not as far off as we think. Hammerfell has long been rumoured to be its setting, and though this Bethesda employee’s mood-board does little to confirm that, it certainly gives us hope.

Last edited:
I really hope this turns out good. Everything is on the line for Bethesda here for me personally. This is the last chance I'm giving them to make a game I enjoy that isn't called Oblivion.

killatopak

Gold Member
Well that sucks. MC power would just be similar to the Thuum via Sword Singing.

I was hoping for Valenwood for some wood elf eldritch horror.

Last edited:

Saber

I though they would go to the land of high elves or wood elves?
Also Hammerfell from what I remember is a very desertic area. Didn't they showed like bunch of forests and mountains?

Gojiira

Source

Above are a few of the included image concepts. Interestingly, the middle photo is of an outfit from The Mummy, starring Brendan Fraser. One of the best movies of all time. It was the outfit worn by Ardeth Bay, who played Oded Fehr.
Borrrrrrring…So we can expect generic environments again…Awesome
They had a perfect opportunity to do Elsweyr or Black Marsh, give us a much denser environment and instead we get Hammerfell. Sigh.

Švejk

Banned
No Jeremy Soule, no deal.

Super far stretch, but unless he does something akin to The Northerner Diaries, but his take on the TES6 theme, people can mod it in... I'll buy several copies of so.

Inon Zur paid those bitches to throw him under the bus and cancel him just so he could get the Starfield gig... I know how you rats work.

Fess

I’m in no matter the area, all TES I’ve played has been great.
But no rush, go with middle of next generation. No launch day stress release!

They had a perfect opportunity to do Elsweyr or Black Marsh, give us a much denser environment and instead we get Hammerfell. Sigh.
Isn't Hammerfell the largest area geographically out of all the regions? And I thought from the lore it's also the most varied as well, as far as different types of biomes.

Regardless, Oblivion was all green forest or drab castle towns, and that was one of their best games. 🤷‍♂️. Skyrim was far more varied environmentally, but the questing was noticeably worse.

Last edited:

Laptop1991

It's been too long for me to get hyped also i don't have much faith in Bethesda anymore with everything they have done since Fallout 4, and Fallout 4 had it's issues, after Skyrim and the TES games i played before, i was a rabid fanboy, now i don't care much lol.

Gojiira

Isn't Hammerfell the largest area geographically out of all the regions? And I thought from the lore it's also the most varied as well, as far as different types of biomes.

Regardless, Oblivion was all green forest or drab castle towns, and that was one of their best games. 🤷‍♂️. Skyrim was far more varied environmentally, but the questing was noticeably worse.
Not really, Hammerfell might be large but its just generic fantasy environment.
Oblivion being saved by its quests doesnt really say anything and Skyrim is borderline not even a RPG…
Elsweyr is dense tropical Jungle and Mountains they could have made some crazy dense environments and really played with traversal, same goes for Black Marsh.
Regardless this is modern Bethesda, they cant write shit let alone design a actual RPG, Fallout 4, 76, Starfield really dont have much enthusiasm to see another generic game from them.

hussar16

Source

I already had a feeling and knew it was hammerfall from the trailer and from the scan engine of mountains rocks they did.it was very eastern

hussar16

Not really .if we go by the trailer and thts the actual scale of environemnts we're looking at something very difeent and wide on scale we have never seen

Gojiira

Not really .if we go by the trailer and thts the actual scale of environemnts we're looking at something very difeent and wide on scale we have never seen
Man size means nothing…They have to make it interesting to explore and this is modern Bethesda 😂

lordrand11

Source

Personally, I think it needs to. Quite a bit of lore and story for the first settlers to Tamriel originate in Hammerfell alongside quite a bit of the Daedric Prince stories.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Not really, Hammerfell might be large but its just generic fantasy environment.

uh .. as opposed to?

I might have missed the part of cyrodiil that looked like downtown Boston :p

Last edited:
Not really.

tamriel-map-eso-wiki-guide.jpg
Ah, yes. So presumably, High Rock would fall under Hammerfell, since it's smaller, it certainly wouldn't be a region for it's own game. That would make a pretty substantial area for the game map. And, it's 2024, it's not like these areas are to scale if you were to stitch the literal game maps together from over the years. Each new installment the scope increases and map sizes continue to grow.

Last edited:
Top Bottom