• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THE EVIL WITHIN is the real deal! (UK Demo impressions)

antitrop

I haven't yet lol even though Wolf looks good.

Fake edit. No demo for Rage on Steam? Weird I remember there being one for PS3.
Wolf is good. It is definitely good.

Good characters, good lore, good cutscenes, good writing/dialogue, good gunplay, and a lengthy, replayable campaign.
Bad sound mixing.

I remember someone noticing that this gameplay is the PC Version because the Icon Prompts are 1440p - German Commentary, through.

I love the way the player uses the wallbomb to blow up the enemy. He took a little splash damage, but not as much as he would have taken fighting the enemy more conventionally in that claustrophobic room.

Just finished my replay of RE4 in anticipation of this. Apart from the final boss the whole game is phenomenal. I can't wait to see the sheer variety of setpieces, locations, enemies, bosses etc that will likely be in Evil Within, because that's one of my favorite parts of RE4, just the sheer relentlessness of it. If Evil WIthin can do the same variety for horror that RE4 did for action, then we will have one scary ass game on our hands.

I got up to the barn and the Chief Mendez fight last night, but I accidentally sold all my Incendiary Grenades because I'm dumb.

Final print for the LE edition:
https://twitter.com/CAGEOSL/status/510325314472660992

bxukkzjiuaaufer4diqk.jpg

Sebastian's diary looks cool.

Final print for the LE edition:
https://twitter.com/CAGEOSL/status/510325314472660992

bxukkzjiuaaufer4diqk.jpg

Sebastian's diary looks cool.

I've got the PS3 version of that one ordered, the PS4 version of the other LE ordered with the pictures since the US doesn't get any of these awesome goodies or a LE for that matter. Then my other xbox one and ps4 local pre-orders paid off. Good lord. This game is going to be so special to me. I just know it. If I had no confidence, I'd def not be spending the money I am on it.

Well it's not the only factor.
Disk speed helps a lot but it's not the be all end all for the problem.

Twitter news at eleven---

According to this:
http://biofavoritegamer.hatenablog.com/entry/2014/09/14/214749

If a demo version there is, it will release after TGS (late sep/begin october).

Hype ?
ijikgc4iabczwq5yk2.gif

just-hook-it-to-my-veins-o.gif

Great news to see if true. Hope it's the same or later build than the one on the Xbox One demo units.

Really wish that LE would be in the US. I'm sick of rubber/plastic statues.

Just pre-ordered this off GMG. I hope this is good, considering the last good survival horror game I played was Dead Space 1/2.

Pretty excited for it to be honest, used to love resident evil so I'm glad to see Shinji back at it again.

Lucent

I'll play the crap out of that demo. I really hope it happens. I just want to get a feel for the controls and stuff since I'm gonna start off on Hard mode.

I'll play the crap out of that demo. I really hope it happens. I just want to get a feel for the controls and stuff since I'm gonna start off on Hard mode.

Me too. Going with the highest difficulty available from the start. I usuall do this with most AAA games since they tend to be too easy on normal (for me at least).

Does this game use tank controls?

Dusk Golem describes it this way:

The controls I quickly figured out were weird as they're not what I was expecting, but I did begin to adjust to them and uncovered why this is. The game had some interestingly weird mix of tank controls as a modern third person shooters controls. Not like RE5 or RE4, but of you hold forward and turn the camera, Sebastian will go forward until until you move more left or right, and he ha a very tank-like control to him in areas. But the controls aren't actually tank controls, but not quite modern either. It's like a weird hybrid. I had fluid moments of sneaking around, moving about, and what I expected, but I also found one times, especially when I was moving and reaction quickly, I'd be playing it like an old horror game of your character running in weird turned angles as against walls and that sort of thing anyone who's played old horror games are familiar with.

Basically, you move around with a third person camera and set-up, but with some clumsiness of tank controls that feels completely on purpose. In most TPS, if you, for instance, press left, you'll automatically go left, but Sebastian turns like a tank-controlled character with a bit of a curve to his movement and slower than a typical TPS character.

So, not quite.

TheMoon

I just wanna pop in and say I'm super excited because this is one game where I managed to almost completely stay ona media blackout aside from seeing a gif or two here and there after the initial reveal.

Don't let me down, Mikami! :)

Zushin

Dusk Golem describes it this way:

So, not quite.

Interesting. Thanks for the info. RE4 is the only RE game I played, and took me quite a bit of adjusting to get used the controls. I liked it though, made it different from typical Third person games. Seems like an interesting compromise in TEW.

-MD-

Then I guess I've been watching some bad quality footage. Very impressed.

My mistake, the 2 top gifs are from footage uploaded from August so it is fairly recent. The bottom gif is older I believe (I wanna say from June?).

Gbraga

My mistake, the 2 top gifs are from footage uploaded from August so it is fairly recent. The bottom gif is older I believe (I wanna say from June?).

Watching the August footage right now. Looks so damn good!

Bethesda, pls, I want a demo.

Top Bottom