• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THE EVIL WITHIN is the real deal! (UK Demo impressions)

For the PC/current gen crowd, which system are you getting it on?

I wish they'd release a PC centric trailer, or in depth look to assuage any porting fears. I love my Kb/m precision, but I really want to make sure it's alright before getting it over the console version.

Which system are y'all rolling with?

Getting it for the PC but if it turns out to be great I'll buy it on the PS4 just to have a hard copy.

-MD-

This thread is becoming too spoilerish, see you guys at the OT
Abandon+thread+gorilla+READ+DESCRIPTION+OK+EVERYONE+JUST+READ+THIS_b3bd49_1584652.gif

I see no spoilers.

I wish they'd release a PC centric trailer, or in depth look to assuage any porting fears. I love my Kb/m precision, but I really want to make sure it's alright before getting it over the console version.

I'm going PC.

I didn't play Wolfenstein but I'm sure my specs will be alright.

i5 3570k, 4GB GTX 770, 8GB RAM.

Zushin

PC. I have an AMD GPU which doesn't mix well with idTech5 (Although Wolfenstien wasn't too bad overall). However, $37.50 from GMG vs $100 for PS4 (Australian here) made it an easy choice.

AsfaeksBR

PS4 for me.
I have a notebook with an i5 and GT640M. It holds up pretty well actually, but I started seeing it "struggle" a bit with Wolfenstein to run it on Medium. So I won't risk it with TEW and get it for console instead!

DukeBobby

PC. I have an AMD GPU which doesn't mix well with idTech5 (Although Wolfenstien wasn't too bad overall). However, $37.50 from GMG vs $100 for PS4 (Australian here) made it an easy choice.

Yeah, it always comes down to the price for me. When I can get it for half the price it is on consoles, I can put up with slightly shitty performance.

antitrop

Yeah, it always comes down to the price for me. When I can get it for half the price it is on consoles, I can put up with slightly shitty performance.

Dat $40 trade-in credit for Destiny at Gamestop. I'm pre-ordering The Evil Within tomorrow for $20.

I also have to pick up some rubber grips for the DualShock 4, because the rubber ripped off from clicking in the stick to sprint in Destiny.

dreamfall

Thanks for all the replies, y'all.

Still trying to decide between my rig and a PS4. I got a 680, but I also haven't used my PS4 for much. And trying to figure out if it'll be stable at whatever framerate- Wolfenstein had it's problems on my machine, but I absolutely loved it.

Let it be known that this is THE potentially only game I'll be buying for the rest of the year.... That's right, over the likes of GTAV, Shadow of Morder, and countless others :)

I choose you, Evil Within <3

Grief.exe

Even if I had a current-gen console, I would still pick up multiplats on PC.

Though your post did remind me of some concerns that we should have as to the quality of this port. New studio, difficult engine, and Japanese. This could truly be a disaster waiting to happen.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Can a kind soul add a touch of Evil Within to my avatar? Please note I plan on adding a Bayonetta 2 addition whenever that gets rolling.

Many thanks in advance.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I'll do it right now.

Top one is perfect (bottom one is cool too). You even went out of your way to find a higher quality original.

You are the best. Thanks again.

antitrop

Top one is perfect (bottom one is cool too). You even went out of your way to find a higher quality original.

You are the best. Thanks again.

Hardly going out of my way, I have a Chrome extension that searches images on TinEye, and I use Photoshop for better quality downsampling and save as a high-quality PNG.

finally playing through the second half of Siren because I'm so pumped for TEW. It's such a cool game, and there's no way TEW can be any more janky :p This time of the year is so great for horror games... TEW's timing couldn't be more perfect.

xezuru

finally playing through the second half of Siren because I'm so pumped for TEW. It's such a cool game, and there's no way TEW can be any more janky :p This time of the year is so great for horror games... TEW's timing couldn't be more perfect.

Blood Curse or which? If it's bloodcurse man, what a finish.

Blood Curse or which? If it's bloodcurse man, what a finish.

yep, Blood Curse. bought it on sale last Halloween-ish and blasted through the first 6 chapters... not sure why I didn't finish it, actually. Chapter 8 right now and it keeps getting better.

Already have the PC version pre-ordered.

joe2187

Banned
Im in, but only if I could get a PSYCHO BREAK avatar.

Psycho Break sounds so damn good, wish they never changed it.

Squire

Banned
Let it be known that this is THE potentially only game I'll be buying for the rest of the year.... That's right, over the likes of GTAV, Shadow of Morder, and countless others :)

I choose you, Evil Within <3

You choose well then. GTA V kinda blows.

Bronetta

Hardly going out of my way, I have a Chrome extension that searches images on TinEye, and I use Photoshop for better quality downsampling and save as a high-quality PNG.

That's more work than I ever did for my avatar.

The disturbing part is that Reggie is pointing towards himself while the title is The Evil Within.

#2deep4me

xezuru

What program are people using to make their avatars like that?

I've been looking for a new program for super long, preferably free.

But i've had this copy of Photoshop CS3 since like highschool and can't find any free programs who do transparencies better.

Edit: I've even tried the most useful programs or something thread T-T

Squire

Banned
So are boss fights confirmed? I hate them in most games, but Mikami knows how to do them. A showdown with Ruvik would probably be killer, if there is one.

So are boss fights confirmed? I hate them in most games, but Mikami knows how to do them. A showdown with Ruvik would probably be killer, if there is one.

In short, yes. Details on some of the bosses that I can recall:
You encounter The Keeper (Safe head) at least twice. You can 'kill' him the first time you meet him, but he'll spawn behind Sebastian.

There's Laura, the Ju-on spider hybrid. She's invincible like Ruvik for the majority of your meetings. I remember hearing about her being able to spawn in a similar fashion as Ruvik at any time in the game (from the blood pools of enemies you killed), but that may have been misinformation.

The Sadist, who is essentially the Dr. Salavador from RE4.

A huge spider that chases you throughout the shattered remains of a major city.

Some big, invisible water boss.

Game likely ends with fighting Ruvik.

The hype train continues to grow and grow. I'm so happy. MD, Dusk Golem, and the few others that have been here day zero! It's been fun to see the build up. You all are awesome. *sniff*

The hype train continues to grow and grow. I'm so happy. MD, Dusk Golem, and the few others that have been here day zero! It's been fun to see the build up. You all are awesome. *sniff*

This party is just getting started. TGS build up, hopefully a demo release to keep us on life support until the big day, and then most of you guys will be basking in the glory of its release.

I'll be lucky if I get an hour with it before I hit the road for a week, so I'll be a little late to the celebration. Unless I drag the PS4 to every hotel I hit.

This party is just getting started. TGS build up, hopefully a demo release to keep us on life support until the big day, and then most of you guys will be basking in the glory of its release.

I'll be lucky if I get an hour with it before I hit the road for a week, so I'll be a little late to the celebration. Unless I drag the PS4 to every hotel I hit.

Even if your late, will be there waiting for your impressions and thoughts. :)

Barryman

They REALLY should've kept the Japanese title for this. It's so much cooler!

PSYCHOBREAK

Definitely looking forward to playing this one.

They REALLY should've kept the Japanese title for this. It's so much cooler!

PSYCHOBREAK

Definitely looking forward to playing this one.

I like The Evil Within for the similarity to Resident Evil. Psycho Break however does have that awesome, 80s/90s cheese factor to it that reminds me of Dino Crisis
*sobs*
Even if your late, will be there waiting for your impressions and thoughts. :)
It shall be my finest piece yet!

Vibranium

Banned

We'll get this train moving faster than a Crimson Head! Gonna be great to have TEW to enjoy (DLC included) and then REmake HD in 2015. Wonderful time to be a horror/thriller fan!

Top Bottom