• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THE EVIL WITHIN is the real deal! (UK Demo impressions)

Xpliskin

How's the combat in this? Is it anything like xcom enemy within?

It's a spiritual successor to enemy within.

You play as the aliens and have to invade earth.

Mars+Attacks.jpg

AsfaeksBR

This thread has the same number of pages as the Shadow of Mordon one, a game that takes place in the LotR's universe.
Is this a sign?

-MD-

We kinda spammed it a little bit, but a lot of people have their avatar Evilfyed at Gaf right now!

We've also gone through like 5 main threads and settled in here after Slasher's thread got locked.

Yeah most of the posts are from the hardcore fans but still.

antitrop

Holy shit. It's happening!!!

If you look at the Who's Posted? of each thread, this thread has mostly been the same 5 or so people, while the Mordor thread shows a wider range of interest from unique posters.

And if you want to talk about sales potential, Mordor has been near the top of the Steam Best Sellers list for a while now. The Evil Within is nowhere to be seen. For whatever the Amazon sales chart is worth, Mordor is #23 in Video Games and TEW is #200.

This is on the front page of IGN right now:

TXWDteW.png

It is what it is. We're hardcore fans of a niche game (by AAA standards).

pubba

Could somebody please do my avatar? I don't have photoshop installed on my work PC. I've been hyped for this game all year.

Thanks in advance!

Grief.exe

If you look at the Who's Posted? of each thread, this thread has mostly been the same 5 or so people, while the Mordor thread shows a wider range of interest from unique posters.

And if you want to talk about sales potential, Mordor has been near the top of the Steam Best Sellers list for a while now. The Evil Within is nowhere to be seen. For whatever the Amazon sales chart is worth, Mordor is #23 in Video Games and TEW is #200.

This is on the front page of IGN right now:

TXWDteW.png

The week before TEW is released it will jump to the top of the Steam sales charts as well.

I think your analysis has good merit, just pointing that out.

Even if this game bombs, at least we know we tried.

Smash in 10 days, Alien a few days after, and then this a week later. And I may get Mordor.

Tail end of 2014 is looking incredible.

antitrop

Even if this game bombs, at least we know we tried.

Smash in 10 days, Alien a few days after, and then this a week later. And I may get Mordor.

Tail end of 2014 is looking incredible.

Between The Last of Us: Remastered, Shadow of Mordor, and Far Cry 4, I get a triple-shot of Baker this year.

Be still my heart.

Sagitario

This game is really making me wish I liked hard horror games [I can't even play the easy ones most of the times]. RE4 and RE5 are the only games in the genre I have been able to finish (and really liked).

dreamfall

I'm saying an 82.

And it's gonna surprise everyone except those that are in this thread!

I still haven't decided on which platform, but so HYPED.

krizzx

This game always looked like Resident Evil 4 with way more narrow corridors to me. Or RE4 with modern popular gaming tropes.

ValfarHL

I don't pay attention to reviews 98% of the time so I'm not sure how to participate.

Fair enough, but Hannah Montana and FIFA in a topic about Evil Within. I had to check three times if I was in the correct place, and I dont think I'll ever understand how gaf logic works. :p

Bl@de

ny.gif

I have no problem it. Most people buy crap anyway ... as long as you throw enough precious marketing money at it.

EDIT: Finished RE1 yesterday. 5h playtime ... 12 saves, best ending (Jill). And I ran everywhere all the time and know the puzzles.
That "RE1 in 2h untouched, no prob bro" crap people say is bullshit. Dodging zombies and hunters is never easy.
And I finished that game over and over.

krizzx

ny.gif

I have no problem it. Most people buy crap anyway ... as long as you throw enough precious marketing money at it.

EDIT: Finished RE1 yesterday. 5h playtime ... 12 saves, best ending (Jill). And I ran everywhere all the time and know the puzzles.
That "RE1 in 2h untouched, no prob bro" crap people say is bullshit. Dodging zombies and hunters is never easy.
And I finished that game over and over.

Its easy if you know what to do. Just avoid unecessary dog and zombies to avoid wasting ammo. Use shotguns for hunters to knock them down and cover an area in case they dodge or jump. Use Colt Python for bosses(besides the Yawn). For him, just blast it with grenade launcher rounds.

Bl@de

Its easy if you know what to do. Just avoid unecessary dog and zombies to avoid wasting ammo. Use shotguns for hunters to knock them down and cover an area in case they dodge or jump. Use Colt Python for bosses(besides the Yawn). For him, just blast it with grenade launcher rounds.

Basically how I finished it. Arrived in the labs with 23 magnum rounds, 100 handgun bullets, 30-40 grenade rounds and just 10 shells (I use the shotgun for 90%,of the game or dodge things like dogs and spiders and most zombies). In the lab i like to take out the toys I never use up to this point. Still, beating the game with only knives or in 2h with the best ending? Thats hard shit. I still need 5h... Does the game count menu time? Because that could be caused by some breaks I took...

Top Bottom