• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THE EVIL WITHIN is the real deal! (UK Demo impressions)

krizzx

Basically how I finished it. Arrived in the labs with 23 magnum rounds, 100 handgun bullets, 30-40 grenade rounds and just 10 shells (I use the shotgun for 90%,of the game or dodge things like dogs and spiders and most zombies). In the lab i like to take out the toys I never use up to this point. Still, beating the game with only knives or in 2h with the best ending? Thats hard shit. I still need 5h... Does the game count menu time? Because that could be caused by some breaks I took...

I believe it does count time in the menus.

Also, it are you talking original RE1 or RE1 remake?

Though, back to the evil within. After watching some videos, must people do seem to relate it mostly to RE4.

The general gist of it is that its kind of a "Silent Hill like" RE4 with some modern gaming staples, though, they are used in a way that is hard to predict. Seems my initial assumptions weren't to off.

The fastest I ever beat REmake in was under 3 hours. Idk about this under 2 hour talk though, that's insane.

I never have tried a RE4 speed run, maybe I'll do that next. And then I'll attempt a TEW speed run at one point.

Bl@de

I believe it does count time in the menus.

Also, it are you talking original RE1 or RE1 remake?

Though, back to the evil within. After watching some videos, must people do seem to relate it mostly to RE4.

The general gist of it is that its kind of a "Silent Hill like" RE4 with some modern gaming staples, though, they are used in a way that is hard to predict. Seems my initial assumptions weren't to off.

Original. But I never really tried a speed run^^ I at least read all the files etc. just because I like the atmosphere^^ But I don't look at every picture on the wall like I did in 1998. Looking forward to playing REmake again. Been a long time. Best RE4 speedruns need 1:30h ... I don't even ...

I let you guys go back to talk about EW ... I just wait for the 14th. No more reading and talking. Just waiting till the copy arrives^^

djshauny

Banned
I hooked you up, bro

Original, higher quality:

r8Wr9F2.png

TEW logo:

JaosHan.png

TEW logo w/ red eye:

AUS6yGs.png

Thanks man :)

Anung

Un Rama
With Destiny having polarized me it looks like its up to Mikami to try and knock Wolfenstein off my GOTY top spot. Hell of a year for Bethesda anyways.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Adam Sessler announced on Twitter he's had several interviews about The Evil Within with Shinji Mikami and other members of Tango Gameworks, first batch goes up tomorrow, claims they have been some of his favorite interviews ever.

Adam Sessler announced on Twitter he's had several interviews about The Evil Within with Shinji Mikami and other members of Tango Gameworks, first batch goes up tomorrow, claims they have been some of his favorite interviews ever.

Nice! Looking forward to them.

Also, we should have more demo impressions as EGX gets underway. Hopefully a few more gaffers will chime in with their impressions.

Dusk Golem

October is so far away :(
I'm actually grateful I've been in Europe the last three weeks, it's kept my mind off waiting. But I come back home in just a couple days, and then almost still have 3 weeks to wait...

Least I got D4, Silence in Sleep, Vanishing of Ethan Carter, and Alien Isolation to keep me distracted!

Still secretly hoping the TEW Xbox One comes with the game, so not happening, but yai.

Auctopus

Does this mean Sessler's got something new going on? Is he just gonna release this interviews independently?

Basically how I finished it. Arrived in the labs with 23 magnum rounds, 100 handgun bullets, 30-40 grenade rounds and just 10 shells (I use the shotgun for 90%,of the game or dodge things like dogs and spiders and most zombies). In the lab i like to take out the toys I never use up to this point. Still, beating the game with only knives or in 2h with the best ending? Thats hard shit. I still need 5h... Does the game count menu time? Because that could be caused by some breaks I took...

I can beat the original RE in 3 hours no problem. On the DS I could probably beat it in maybe under an hour (you can skip the doors and cutscenes in it). I was trying it out the other day and made it to the green house in slightly under 15 mins, lol. Just running and skipping everything. Not as fun though, I enjoy soaking up the atmosphere in the original RE games.

AsfaeksBR

Adam still exists after Rev3Games?
I thought he had quitted game journalism. Where can I find his current work?

Dusk Golem

Does this mean Sessler's got something new going on? Is he just gonna release this interviews independently?

Adam still exists after Rev3Games?
I thought he had quitted game journalism. Where can I find his current work?

He joined a company, still hush on what he does there I think, but tweeted saying people were asking him if he'd ever go in front of the camera again, to which he said yes, he'd been in talks with Bethesda and has done a series of interviews about Evil Within. On Twitter says it's not his priority but he hasn't deprecated himself completely from games or anything, and it all sounds like some independent thing.

I can say something TEW related was the last thing I expected when he started mentioning this in a series of tweets. But maybe shouldn't surprise me, I recall him gushing about RE4 in the past.

AsfaeksBR

He joined a company, still hush on what he does there I think, but tweeted saying people were asking him if he'd ever go in front of the camera again, to which he said yes, he'd been in talks with Bethesda and has done a series of interviews about Evil Within. On Twitter says it's not his priority but he hasn't deprecated himself completely from games or anything, and it all sounds like some independent thing.

I can say something TEW related was the last thing I expected when he started mentioning this in a series of tweets. But maybe shouldn't surprise me, I recall him gushing about RE4 in the past.

Great to know. There are a lot of people that "worship" him and will only know about the game through him!

Lucent

Lol. I dunno for sure. Just remember someone in one of the TEW threads linking something saying Mikami was thinking about releasing a demo. And if so it'd be late this month or early October.

Vol5

OK this thread has me interested. It looks like a genuinely great game.

Can someone who's played it tell me how the frame-rate is? It looks a bit choppy from the PS4 footage I've watched (sorry if this has been asked before).

Northeastmonk

Gold Member

That's some fantastic news. For a second I was thinking he'd ignore it all together, but then again he did say one of his favorite moments was when RE4 released.

OK this thread has me interested. It looks like a genuinely great game.

Can someone who's played it tell me how the frame-rate is? It looks a bit choppy from the PS4 footage I've watched (sorry if this has been asked before).

It has been asked before but no worries. Dusk got to play the PS4 build and Xbox One build and he saw some noticiable improvements on the Xbox One build meaning it seemed more optomized and most likely a more current build versus the PS4 version on hand.

The admin at Bethesdas forum stated that the game is running great at 30FPS. So it seems that things have gotten better and better. We won't know officially to digital foundry and users get their hands on it but all signs are pointing to it being rather smooth, and also the game hasn't gone gold yet so they are def busting their asses till the final hours to finish optimization.

You know, we gotta start getting to work on the OT!

Who will take up the mantle for that one?

We need a really good subtitle for the thread too.

I'm trying to come up with something witty and clever. Trying to think of something that takes a swipe at RE6, while still related to this game.

Top Bottom