• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Expanse |S1| Ubiquitous. Mendacious. Polyglottal. Like a couple of donkey balls.

GavinUK86

She looks awesome but I don't like the boring grey armor. Unless that's not the one she'll be wearing for the majority. It should be red. And she should be the only one wearing one right? It's been a while since I read the books. Might have to reread them.

lt519

She looks awesome but I don't like the boring grey armor. Unless that's not the one she'll be wearing for the majority. It should be red. And she should be the only one wearing one right? It's been a while since I read the books. Might have to reread them.

I think they are introducing her with a storyline before where the books pick up, like with Avarasala. So could just be different for the introduction?

RS4-

I expected the armor to be a bit bigger, almost like something you step into. But that'd be terrible budget wise.

Def could use some color though.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Technically speaking, huge exoskeletons would be incredibly ill suited (ha!) for urban warfare and breaching ships. Appleseed (the manga, not the vile CG movies) already realised this in the 80's, with some baddies in power armour getting stuck in a narrow alley and being promptly put down.

Also, budget.

KeRaSh

LTTP because I just finished the first book so I'm only caught up to E03.
Not sure I'm a big fan of it so far. Holden just comes across as an idiot. Don't like him one bit in the TV show.
Then the final scene of E03 happened. I know movies and series aren't always 100% true to the source material but what a fucking dick move that was. I loved how the
riot
actually went down in the book. Why change that at all? :/
Damnit!

GavinUK86

The Expanse: Exclusive season 2 scoop and first look photo

173503379-thomas-00008.jpg

Paganmoon

As you can see on that photo, Earthers still manage, those unclean damned belters though, on the other hand. I'm not Earthist, I've got a belter girlfriend, I'm just saying.

Paganmoon

Holy shit, either this is some perspective trickery or they totally nailed the casting (looks wise at least) for Bobbie.
zn7izE1.jpg

Holy shit...

Just pulled the trigger and bought the first 2 books. Have a bit of free time coming and it's summer so not a lot of tv series on right now so this will be a pleasant distraction from day to day life.

Just pulled the trigger and bought the first 2 books. Have a bit of free time coming and it's summer so not a lot of tv series on right now so this will be a pleasant distraction from day to day life.

Wise decision. Leviathan Wakes is great. I'm currently working my way through Caliban's War.

RS4-

Unfamiliar with his work, but I think he's got a good look for Prax.

Jules was in S1.

He's 41 too, seems perfectly reasonable to have a four year old daughter.

lolol, I forgot that he was in there.

Terry Chen just looks young. I think the most recent thing I've seen him in was Continuum.

- Deadline: Space Drama ‘The Expanse’ Acquired By Netflix For Global Members
Netflix has acquired praised space drama The Expanse as an original series. Season 1 will be available to stream for global Netflix members outside of the US, Canada and New Zealand, beginning November 3, with Season 2 slated for 2017. Legendary Global TV Distribution acquired the international distribution rights to the series from Alcon TV Group in 2014. It premiered on Syfy in the U.S. in summer 2015 and Season 2 is set for premiere in 2017.
Not relevant for a lot of us except for the fact that more international distribution increases the likelihood of additional seasons when they come to that decision.

Some info from NYCC last weekend:
- The cast of SyFy's The Expanse stopped by to talk about the second season of their show! (youtube interview, Marvel booth)
- Arsetechnica: The Expanse at New York Comic Con: What to look forward to in season two
- Blastr: The Expanse promises a rising Mars and more conflict in Season 2 at New York Comic Con

Paganmoon

Started rewatching this on Netflix, seen the first 2 episodes, Ceres looks better than I remember, I recall being a bit iffed that it looked a bit off for what I had in mind, but well, it's much more fitting on the second viewing. One thing that isn't better, (and that did annoy me a bit on first viewing, but gave a pass on), is the pacing, it really has issues, things just move way to fast at times, for instance the Cant nuke sequence, just wizzes by, or the aftermath at least, there's literally no time to absorb what just happened before it's on to the next thing. There are several such parts in both episodes.

DrSlek

I just began watching this on Netflix last night. Had never heard of it before, but ended up binging up to episode 7 before I went to bed. I may actually be loving this more than any space/sci-fi series since Stargate.

Top Bottom