• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Expanse |S1| Ubiquitous. Mendacious. Polyglottal. Like a couple of donkey balls.

Just guessing here but I think they will cover the last bit of book 1 in the first two episodes of season 2, and Bobbie will show up in episode 3.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
I think Bobbie will show up in season 2's Finale

Book Spoilers:
The beginning where the outbreak happens on Ganymena and her team getting wiped out would make for a great cliff hanger

RS4-

I think Bobbie will show up in season 2's Finale

Book Spoilers:
The beginning where the outbreak happens on Ganymena and her team getting wiped out would make for a great cliff hanger

This, I wouldn't mind happening.

If this was TWD, they'd have some fade to black pov scene.

GavinUK86

Not available in the UK yet is it?

No but I was going to get it from Amazon US but not going to bother if it's only got deleted scenes.

This, I wouldn't mind happening.

If this was TWD, they'd have some fade to black pov scene.

You'll see
Bobbie's face widen with fear then... *fade to black. squishy sound effects to signal people being killed*

roll credits.

RS4-

Daniel: The series isn’t really an adaptation of each individual book in chunks, it’s an adaptation of the whole story. Things that showed up in book 5 or book 3, if it’s organic and it makes sense to have them come earlier, then we’re going to do that. In Season 1, we pulled some stuff from short stories and from the novellas and that’s all part of the universe and all part of the story moving forward.

And awesome casting news.

Paganmoon

Not much out there. Here's a bit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBVfu6PzMxY
EDIT: Interview/profile from 2012: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShPRrwUbQtk

Shortland St. ran in the UK for a bit IIRC. Pretty ropey soap :D

Hmm, hard to judge her acting chops by that, and what little other is out there. Also hard to judge cause of the soap quality, but it's not looking too good, but I trust the showrunners to pick quality, they've done ok so far I. Guess we'll see if/when they throw out a S2 trailer. Or maybe we'll have to wait 'til season 2 is out.

Dynasty

I watched roughly the first 6 episode and enjoyed it then stopped because I feel the show would be better if I could Binge watch it. So I was just wondering how well the season ended?

Paganmoon

I watched roughly the first 6 episode and enjoyed it then stopped because I feel the show would be better if I could Binge watch it. So I was just wondering how well the season ended?

Well worth the watch imo, and seems to also be the general consensus here on Gaf and across most of the net. Give it a go I'd say, do keep in mind, Season 2 isn't until January 2017, so it's quite the wait.

DieH@rd

Banned

Continue with the watch, 2nd half of S1 is great. It ended with awesome 2-part episode.

lt519

It's probably the best they could do. It's not an easy casting as it is. I'm sure makeup, costume, and camera trickery can do a lot as well.

Yeah, certainly not complaining, they explicitly say in the interview they wanted someone with a commanding and intimidating presence, so I'm sure they've done there due dilligence.

Ty:

I think we’re going to blow people out of their chairs with our first episode and we’re not going to slow down from there.

But why do we have to wait until 2017! Why?!

GavinUK86

Wow, Frankie Adams is quite the looker. Pretty much how I thought Bobbie looked, except I imagined Bobbie being more muscular, but still very pretty. Great casting.

edit: just found these on instagram/twitter:

PWYWk6K.jpg
zmbBc2o.jpg

- Variety: ‘Spartacus’ Actor Cast in ‘The Expanse’
“Spartacus” alum Nick Tarabay has been cast in Syfy’s “The Expanse” for Season 2, Variety has exclusively learned.

Tarabay joins the series in a major recurring role and will appear in at least eight episodes. He will play Coyter,
a former spy now working in the private sector who is approaed by Avasarala (Shohreh Aghdashloo) about working undercover for her.

Aside from Starz’s “Spartacus,” in which he starred as Ashur, Tarabay’s credits include “Castle,” “Longmire,” “Person of Interest,” “Arrow” and “Star Trek Into Darkness.” He is repped by Abrams Artist Agency.

By the way, this thread is going to get moved over to Community sometime this week. If you're interested in continuing to follow casting news and whatnot in the offseason, please set up a subscription.

We are moving some of the larger, offseason tv threads, including this one, over to the Community forum. When the new season starts up, we can post a new thread in the OT. Please use subscriptions to stay up to date and involved in the meantime. If you have any questions or comments, send me a PM.

lt519

We are moving some of the larger, offseason tv threads, including this one, over to the Community forum. When the new season starts up, we can post a new thread in the OT. Please use subscriptions to stay up to date and involved in the meantime. If you have any questions or comments, send me a PM.

Thanks for supporting the thread! We'll probably see a small surge (spoiler heavy at that too) once the new book comes out.

As I mentioned before if anyone wants dibs on a Season 2 OT feel free to speak up. I'd be willing to do it, contribute, or just hand it off completely.

Donos

It's probably the best they could do. It's not an easy casting as it is. I'm sure makeup, costume, and camera trickery can do a lot as well.
Wow, Frankie Adams is quite the looker. Pretty much how I thought Bobbie looked, except I imagined Bobbie being more muscular, but still very pretty. Great casting.

edit: just found these on instagram/twitter:

PWYWk6K.jpg
zmbBc2o.jpg

Not an easy casting really but not not sold on Frankie Adams. FAce to "soft" / round. Needs more edges. Her body is also not really how she is described in the book but they maybe going to buff her up.

Pictured something like Gina Carano mixed with Serena Williams. But it's probably way easier to find a woman with perfect bobbie draper physique/looks than some with good acting + looks.

lt519

Anyone notice Release Date for Babylon's Ashes is now showing as November 1st?

Bummer, but will be closer to Season 2 to generate some hype.

Anyone notice Release Date for Babylon's Ashes is now showing as November 1st?

Bummer, but will be closer to Season 2 to generate some hype.
Yeah, I've noticed that.
I read all the books after season one ended and love the direction they took, but damn I need the next book.

I'm curious to see how they're going to adapt some of it, and how it will fit their budget, but we're still a few years away anyway. If the show doesn't get cancelled.

Aiii

So not worth it
Bobbie looks great already, can't wait to see her in action. The wait is way too long.

Doesn't help that we won't see the next book until the end of the year at the earliest either. :(

I love Bobbie, so I'm quite happy with how this is shaping up.

Still, I wonder how much they're going to diverge from the books if
they're already propping her up when there's a third of book one still left to cover before she shows up. I guess they'll either reorder things or just do that last third in a couple of episodes.

kirblar

they're already propping her up when there's a third of book one still left to cover before she shows up. I guess they'll either reorder things or just do that last third in a couple of episodes.
They addressed this - they're reordering things.

Moff

I wouldn't worry about that at all, BOOK 2 SPOILER
Avasarala is a Calibaon character as well, right? And they gave her something to do for the whole first season and everything made sense

Top Bottom